Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 07:29 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Monday 8/25/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-25-2014, 07:54 AM   #2  

Good morning, everyone! It was a long and busy weekend in my world so I am actually happy to see a Monday for a change. Here's to a new week for all of us to be dedicated to this journey we are on together!
Old 08-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Last day of vacation for me. Flight leaves tonight at 6pm and I am ready to go home and get back to my routine. Packets for the day are ready for me. Just packing things up at the hotel now the checking the luggage and then heading into the magic kingdom for the last morning. Sad that vacation is over but boy I miss my routine.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/189/115

Height: 5' 1"

Morning all, Today is my starting day for IP. Have been reading all your posts for a few weeks and think I have the basics down. My interest in this diet plan was the result of 2 friends actually going to the center with amazing results. I have a friend/couch to help me in this journey along with all of you. I have decided to do this plan with AF and placed my first order with Nashua Nut. Saturday...wish me luck and ty in advance for the support I know I will receive!
Old 08-25-2014, 08:49 AM   #5  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

NSV- I saw a leaner body in the bathroom mirror this morning. I am so happy...it is motivating not only to see the scale go down but also to see the physical changes. Keep on keeping on WI is today. I LOVE Mondays. LOL
Old 08-25-2014, 08:50 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring413 View Post
Morning all, Today is my starting day for IP. Have been reading all your posts for a few weeks and think I have the basics down. My interest in this diet plan was the result of 2 friends actually going to the center with amazing results. I have a friend/couch to help me in this journey along with all of you. I have decided to do this plan with AF and placed my first order with Nashua Nut. Saturday...wish me luck and ty in advance for the support I know I will receive!
Welcome! This diet really does work as long as you stick to it! I assume you read in the Alternative Thread? This is a great forum!
Old 08-25-2014, 08:52 AM   #7  

Gracerev: Here here!

SG: You DID It! I am pretty impressed!
Old 08-25-2014, 10:27 AM   #8  
Start: 5/7/14

S/C/G: 205/137/145

Height: 5'6"

NSV: I got my first "you've lost enough weight" themed comment yesterday--finally! Of course, it was from my mom, so grain of salt and all. Still, was nice to hear it.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #9  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning IPers!! I hope everyone has a great week!! I had a 'mexican' night last night and made cauliflower tortillas and some chicken with homemade taco seasoning. It was sooooo good.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #10  

Mornin’ all! I started on IP as a bet with a coworker after having gained 15lbs over the past 4 months due to 60-100 hour work weeks, 4-5 hrs of sleep per night, and having food ordered in at the office 5 days/wk while working. This is HUGE considering that my weight has held steady the past 5 years unless actively watching what I eat. Today is my 21st day on IP and according to my scale at home, I’ve lost 19.4 lbs and as of last WI, I have lost nearly 11 inches—which is insanely awesome!

But I have a dilemma: I have a 2-week trip coming up to go home and surprise family and friends with a visit—I haven’t been home in nearly 2 years, so I know that I will want to indulge while there. I’m the type of eater where if I put off having a moderate indulgence for too long, it leads to me binging on the indulgence (i.e., that 1 donut I wanted turns into me eating 6). So, knowing this about myself, I’d originally decided to be OP until the day before my trip, be completely off-plan during the trip, and then get back OP when I return because the diet works so well and I’d like to lose my post-college weight.

But now, I’m considering taking a more moderate approach to indulging on my trip. I’ll still use the 2 weeks prior to it to phase through P2, P3, and enter P4 to give my body some time to wake up the pancreas so that it’s not totally shocked (I was one of the lucky ones with headaches coming into ketosis, so I can only imagine the **** that would be if I shock my system while coming out of it). And while on my trip, try to find a balance between letting myself indulge in the things that I have missed and keeping in line with the ideas behind the IP diet. My goal is to try to maintain my weight while on my trip. I’m thinking a typical day would go as follows:

breakfast = having a protein shake for breakfast or picking up some eggs, a piece of toast (whole grain only), and a piece of fruit at the hotel’s continental breakfast

lunch = having whatever I feel like for lunch but limiting the quantity if it’s a high carb/high fat food

dinner = same as lunch

Thoughts from you tried and true IPers? I know that the diet doesn’t intend for me to come out of P1 until I’ve reached my goal weight, but this vacation is my treat to myself to take some time out of my normal everyday life and allow myself to just enjoy living, breathing, de-stressing, people watching, listening, etc.….and with that comes tasting and enjoying food.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:04 AM   #11  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday Morning IPers!!!!!!!

What an adventure the past few days have been for me....good and not so good. After having my in-laws with us for two weeks, we had a two day break and then MY parents came for 5 days. They just left this morning. The house seems SOOOOOOOOO quiet!

My parents, unlike my in-laws, like to eat out A LOT....which made staying OP a bigger challenge. I'm used to eating out, but eating out several times a day is much harder. I did learn this morning that you can special order two eggs scrambled and portabella mushrooms at Steak N Shake. Who knew?

Hardest part about all that eating out and staying on plan was getting in all my veggies....and my chicken yesterday seemed to have some kind of sweet rub on it, but I didn't notice it until I was about half done.

I went up in pounds yesterday but today weighed at 130 exactly. So, that's over 5 lbs down since P2 began. Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!! Even thought 135 was my 'goal'....I'll admit I'd love to see the scale read 120-something for once since I was in my twenties. But, I still think 135 will be my maintainable weight.

Bad news for me is that our AIR CONDITIONING went out right in the midst of our first heat wave of the summer (hovering near 100F....high humidity). It only got down to the high 80's over night. Ugh. My parents stayed in our basement, so my family sweltered in out bedrooms. It was 90F in our house. Ick!

It is 85F in the house right now, cooler in the basement but no fan. My daughter and I (my son is at school and hubby at work) are sitting under our high-powered ceiling fan and feeling pretty ok. Maintenance guy won't be coming until this afternoon, but my hubby suspects that the whole unit is kuput.

Well.....we call these "first world problems" in our family (as opposed to "third world". And we can and WILL deal.

I plan to drink PLENTY of water today. Send me cooling thoughts!!!!!

Last edited by evemomma; 08-25-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:12 AM   #12  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Good Monday Morning IPers!!!!!!!

What an adventure the past few days have been for me....good and not so good. After having my in-laws with us for two weeks, we had a two day break and then MY parents came for 5 days. They just left this morning. The house seems SOOOOOOOOO quiet!

My parents, unlike my in-laws, like to eat out A LOT....which made staying OP a bigger challenge. I'm used to eating out, but eating out several times a day is much harder. I did learn this morning that you can special order two eggs scrambled and portabella mushrooms at Steak N Shake. Who knew?

Hardest part about all that eating out and staying on plan was getting in all my veggies....and my chicken yesterday seemed to have some kind of sweet rub on it, but I didn't notice it until I was about half done.

I went up in pounds yesterday but today weighed at 130 exactly. So, that's over 5 lbs down since P2 began. Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!! Even thought 135 was my 'goal'....I'll admit I'd love to see the scale read 120-something for once since I was in my twenties. But, I still think 135 will be my maintainable weight.

Bad news for me is that our AIR CONDITIONING went out right in the midst of our first heat wave of the summer (hovering near 100F....high humidity). It only got down to the high 80's over night. Ugh. My parents stayed in our basement, so my family sweltered in out bedrooms. It was 90F in our house. Ick!

It is 85F in the house right now, cooler in the basement but no fan. My daughter and I (my son is at school and hubby at work) are sitting under our high-powered ceiling fan and feeling pretty ok. Maintenance guy won't be coming until this afternoon, but my hubby suspects that the whole unit is kuput.

Well.....we call these "first world problems" in our family (as opposed to "third world". And we can and WILL deal.

I plan to drink PLENTY of water today. Send me cooling thoughts!!!!!
You are doing so great!! I will be very curious to see if I lose on P2, P3 when I get there. Things seem soooo slow for me right now.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #13  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Cooling mojo coming your way Evemomma. It is so hard to sleep when its that hot. Web are only going to be in the high 80's this week so, much more comfortable.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:18 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

nomorepancakes- almost 20lbs in 20 days is crazy! congratulations

Had lunch out yesterday and I knew the extra salt would tick the scale up today and it did. Lesson learned. Hoping to "deflate" and be down again.

Here is to a 100% week!
Old 08-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #15  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
You are doing so great!! I will be very curious to see if I lose on P2, P3 when I get there. Things seem soooo slow for me right now.
Hang in there Jemma51! I know you are getting close to goal.....my losses were very slow the last 10 lbs. In some ways, I wish I would have started P2 earlier, but who knows how it would've gone?

You can do this!
Closed Thread