Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 05:58 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 228/198/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Food is for my nourishment and my enjoyment on my own terms.
YES!

I had a disappointing weigh-in this morning. And, sure enough, the old "I could stay fat without trying *nearly* so hard!" sabotaging thoughts cropped up again. On previous attempts, I have 'thrown in the towel' at about this time after similar results. But I've decided to make a change this time.

I promise myself (and put it up here for the accountability that I won't stop this program out of frustration or discouragement. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm in it to goal with 'no way out.' There is a possibility that this plan simply won't work with my biochemistry, but if I decide to stop, it will be a calm, rational, unemotional decision, *not* an implusive reaction.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:17 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

Today was my first weigh in and I'm down 6 pounds! Woohoo! I am really hoping to see a new 'decade' next week that disco loving 70's...
seitan- what an interesting idea... Use the oatmeal mixed with water for a crust and bake in a small pie tin then make the pudding and put it in the crust? This would be more pie like than cheesecake-esque- keep us posted on what you find!
sarajoyus- hang in there! You've lost 18 pounds and that's awesome!!! I'm sure next week the scale will be kinder...

Last edited by RefreshingMe; 08-25-2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #33  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Wait.....you're not a llama?
It'll be a surprise...maybe I'm the sveltest llama anyone's ever seen.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #34  
chirp

S/C/G: 186/176/155

Height: 5' 8"

My first post! I'm going to an informational session tomorrow and excited to get started. (I've noticed that one clinic is charging $520 to get started; another is charging just $350--for the same services. Confusing!)

I have two big weekend trips the next two weekends so am not quite sure when to start. Have been lurking the threads for a few days and have really appreciated all the information here. Looking forward to being a contributing member.

Have 30 pounds-plus to lose for GOOD!!
Old 08-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #35  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

For those suffering from the big C...maybe this would help? LOL, crazy reviews!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/michaelrusch...st-insane-thin
Old 08-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring413 View Post
what an awesome accomplishment in 2 months
Thank you! I know...I never expected when I started this diet that in two months I would be down 44 pounds and seeing a difference in my body shape! I am not a skinny minny yet by any means but I'm losing crazy inches and my torso just looks much thinner than when I started. I am so glad that I started this journey!

I am so happy to see all of the NSVs in this thread!

Last edited by nat1015; 08-25-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by seitan View Post
Hi Friends! I've been searching using all suggested techniques but coming up empty handed ... By chance does anyone know a good dessert recipe IP Phase 1 compliant (alternatives being used) -- something like a cheesecake? I've got some oatmeal packets, hot choc packets, and some vanilla pudding packets to work with. Many thanks!
There are several links to recipe threads in the first post of the Daily Chat every day... TONS of recipes there to pour through.

Cheesecake.... Try this if you ever want to try an alternative!

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ake-7-box.html

Using IP foods... Take any dry packet and mix with 1 egg white, 1/4 tsp baking powder, add spices you like and enough water to make batter the thickness of what you want to make - thicker for cake/brownies/muffins, slightly thinner for cookies or waffle, and a bit thinner for pancakes.

Mix the oatmeal as described above and put it on top of rhubarb you have cooked with approved sweetener. Bake and enjoy.

The recipe links will take you to acyptual recipes... I cook by instinct, but always enjoy something tasty using that same basic recipe!
Old 08-25-2014, 09:15 PM   #38  

RefreshingMe -- Many thanks! that's a great idea to try. I am going to experiment tomorrow afternoon.

JLUS -- Unfortunately I don't have the time to buy as it's for a party tomorrow. May try that for future! Appreciate the baking powder idea and simulating the density of whatever I decide to go for. I happen to have a great stash of rhubarb which has been my diet salvation! Rhubarb muffins ... mmmm. BTW I just returned to P1 myself and am aiming for 15 lbs to finish off my goal. With you in spirit!
Old 08-25-2014, 09:23 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Good Morning IPers!! I hope everyone has a great week!! I had a 'mexican' night last night and made cauliflower tortillas and some chicken with homemade taco seasoning. It was sooooo good.
Kissi, what recipe did you use to make the cauliflower tortillas? I’m not a fan of cauliflower, but I’ve been seeing so many recipes using it that I’m considering taking the plunge and trying something….and tortillas would be awesome since I miss tacos and burritos (Mexican is one of my top 3 fave kinds of food!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
nomorepancakes- almost 20lbs in 20 days is crazy! congratulations

Had lunch out yesterday and I knew the extra salt would tick the scale up today and it did. Lesson learned. Hoping to "deflate" and be down again.

Here is to a 100% week!
Thanks! I’m pretty happy about it. My goal is to lose another 5lbs next week, so that I can phase off for my trip and enjoy myself whether I eventually decide to continue being OP during my trip or going with a moderate non-IP diet....that way, if I choose non-IP and indulge more than I should and gain 10lbs, I am still back to the weight that I have been for the past 5 years. And I definitely do want to get back OP and see where this adventure takes me (while staying OP for the holidays).

Hope you were able to get in extra water today to help flush your system and "deflate."

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Nomorepancakes - I recently went off plan for vacation for a week so I totally understand what you are going through. My coach talked to me about the fact this diet is a lifestyle change and people go on vacation and gain weight (I gained 7 to be exact!) but you have to come home and get right back on plan. I was worried about being able to hit it 100% once I got home but was able to get right back in the swing of things.

I think it is great that you want to be more moderate on vacation and will likely fair even better. Good luck!!
CenTXChk, did you experience any ill effects during the transition to being off-plan while on vacation? And did you phase out/off before your vacation or did you just jump from P1 to non-IP eating? I haven't decided which approach yet that I'll take because I'm quite apprehensive about the side effects of not phasing off first or phasing off improperly.

evemomma, I really appreciate hearing about your experience and I have been reading the posts by SGrealtor. I honestly think that her posts are what brought me from the “total freedom and indulge when I want/how I want” approach to the “try to find a balance” approach. Aside from my apprehensions about shocking my system, her posts have shown me that though there will be some struggles, it is manageable to stay OP on vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarajoyus View Post
YES!

I had a disappointing weigh-in this morning. And, sure enough, the old "I could stay fat without trying *nearly* so hard!" sabotaging thoughts cropped up again. On previous attempts, I have 'thrown in the towel' at about this time after similar results. But I've decided to make a change this time.

I promise myself (and put it up here for the accountability that I won't stop this program out of frustration or discouragement. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm in it to goal with 'no way out.' There is a possibility that this plan simply won't work with my biochemistry, but if I decide to stop, it will be a calm, rational, unemotional decision, *not* an implusive reaction.
sarajoyus, how long have you been on IP? Your join date says August 2014….if you’ve lost 18lbs in 25 days, that is AMAZING!!! Don’t discredit your achievement, girl! That’s an average of nearly 3/4 of a pound each DAY!! That’s an awesome average! I know it’s a struggle, but you have to get into the right mindset. I’ve seen others on here set mini goals for themselves and treat themselves with something (non-food) as a reward for all of their hard work when they achieve a goal. I do believe that the eating better means that we are treating ourselves better, loving ourselves more. Show yourself more love as you continue to work hard and lose weight; it might feel weird at first…because we’re not used to doing it, but just like most other things, we eventually adjust.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:28 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 218/218/178

Height: 5'9"

Hello! I have my first appointment with Ideal Protein tomorrow. Excited to start and so happy to have found this wonderfully informative forum!
Old 08-26-2014, 09:59 AM   #41  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorepancakes View Post
Kissi, what recipe did you use to make the cauliflower tortillas? I’m not a fan of cauliflower, but I’ve been seeing so many recipes using it that I’m considering taking the plunge and trying something….and tortillas would be awesome since I miss tacos and burritos (Mexican is one of my top 3 fave kinds of food!).
I make a version similar to this one but use 4 egg whites instead of two whole eggs.

http://slimpalate.com/cauliflower-to...e-gluten-free/

I definitely put them on the parchment paper and I use my silicone pot holders to strain the heated up cauliflower in some cheesecloth to get the moisture out (It's really hot!).

I find EVOO, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt, Pepper and a dash of Bragg's 24 herbs and spices seasoning is the trick to some delicious roasted cauliflower that doesn't carry over a cabbagy type taste. I roast it and it like that (about 30 min or so in a 450 degree oven - I like mine welllll done). I mash it sometimes instead of eating it right out of the oven. I rice it/grate it and heat it in a skillet with a little spices and some EVOO. I cook it on the grill in tin foil. I do all sorts of things with cauliflower.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:24 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
I make a version similar to this one but use 4 egg whites instead of two whole eggs.

http://slimpalate.com/cauliflower-to...e-gluten-free/

I definitely put them on the parchment paper and I use my silicone pot holders to strain the heated up cauliflower in some cheesecloth to get the moisture out (It's really hot!).

I find EVOO, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt, Pepper and a dash of Bragg's 24 herbs and spices seasoning is the trick to some delicious roasted cauliflower that doesn't carry over a cabbagy type taste. I roast it and it like that (about 30 min or so in a 450 degree oven - I like mine welllll done). I mash it sometimes instead of eating it right out of the oven. I rice it/grate it and heat it in a skillet with a little spices and some EVOO. I cook it on the grill in tin foil. I do all sorts of things with cauliflower.
I'll have to try the cauliflower tortilla. Right now, I have been making tortillas out of the IP potato puree pack. SOOOO good! I'd like to not be dependent on the IP packs though.
Closed Thread