Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 05:23 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondac View Post
Please tell me what your clinics are recommending for exercise...yay or nay or both. My two counselors both tell me different guidelines for it. Also, do any of you have arm and leg weakness during the day?
While full-on exercise is not "allowed" on P1, after your first few weeks of getting used to the new food plan and your body adjusting, you can add it gentle activities such as 20-30 walking (actual or on a treadmill/Elliptical), easy yoga or light weights. You should not get out of breath.

Many will add in an extra packet within 30 mins of the workout if a little more than gentle, or maybe a hard boiled egg if a light routine. IP just does not offer enough calories/nutrition to sustain what the body needs for exercise. You don't want to lose muscle mass and if your workout is too strenuous, the body will draw on muscle reserves to replenish what it is losing.

People who really want to do more than what is described above should switch to the Alternate Phase 1 protocol (NOT alternate products) The Alternate Phase 1 protocol adds one dairy, one grain and one fruit per day. Losses are slower, but it is a better way to go if you are exercising daily and using more energy.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #32  
Mike

S/C/G: 399/364/230

Height: 6'4"

I just WI and am down another 7 pounds!
Old 08-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #33  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

This is why I believe 100% is so important:

August 21, 2014 - Think Thin Thursday Tip

If you’re tempted to eat something unplanned and tell yourself, “It’s okay, it doesn’t have that many calories (or on IP, carbs or fat),” remind yourself that it’s not about the calories (carbs/fat), it’s about the habit. It doesn’t matter if the bite of food has 20 calories or 200 calories, it still reinforces the habit of giving in.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:57 PM   #34  
Miss Prissy Chic

S/C/G: 184/167.6/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Vitamins

Hello all, I'm five weeks in and down 16.5 pounds. . I have a question about the supplements with IP. What are some comparable ones that are not as expensive as IP? I'm doing well on this plan, but the products are so costly I'm having to try and cut corners some.

Thanks in advance
Old 08-21-2014, 06:40 PM   #35  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7059 View Post
Yay Mike!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2014, 06:59 PM   #36  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Way to go Mike!! Awesome!

Lisa...
the tip...really resonates with me. If I'm ever tempted to eat a extra bar/shake, I'll remember this. It's true, it really is the habit. Thank you!
Old 08-21-2014, 07:53 PM   #37  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

TBCourt - I have IBS-C, so I struggled even before this diet, but was pretty regular. The Big C hit me 5 weeks in and it was brutal. I take Miralax every day but it stopped working. I tried the teas, etc, but they work once and then my body rebounds. The only thing that worked for me was for a week I took 250mg of Magnesium only (recommended by my coach), then I added back in the Cal-Mag supplements, but with 2 docusate caps each night. I still take the Miralax, too. It took a couple weeks, but I'm almost back to normal. The Big C killed my weight loss for those two weeks. And I've never had a cup of coffee in my life - even the smell of it makes me gag.

caroling56 - I buy my supplements from Swanson. I get the Potassium Citrate, Daily Multi w/Minerals and Biotin (since it's in the IP multi but not in the Swanson multi). It think the whole batch cost me $12. I can't take omegas, so I take Krill oil instead - I buy that locally when on sale (still $23 though, ouch), as well as the Cal-Mags.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:58 PM   #38  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Weigh in #6 for me today -- down 2.6 lbs for the week, and that's a total of 19 lbs since I began. Inches and fat % were pretty much the same as last week.

I hoped to lose 20 lbs by my birthday (yesterday - and thanks HUGELY for the lovely birthday wishes, Catlady!!!!), but I did not quite make that mini goal. But... I have been 100% and have had losses every week - no slips, no gains, and really no cravings or struggles. What more can I ask?

My coach gave me some new veggies today - zapatillo -- an Argentine zucchini, basically... shaped like an apple and my coach says the flavor is a bit sweeter than a zuke. So.... Looks like about a 2 C serving from one, just eyeballing the size. I'll measure when I cut it up. But I am thinking maybe one of the two she gave to me is crying out to become a mock apple crisp with Proti Diet oatmeal topping... is there a better way to go with a sweet zuke?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (27.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 08-21-2014, 08:13 PM   #39  
Started IP July 28, 2014

Been having a big of a rough week here. Before starting this diet I took magnesium glycinate every day for headaches. I went over a year with brutal headaches trying all sorts of meds before a chiro suggested this stuff, and like magic, they were gone.

I was hoping the magnesium in the supplements would be sufficient, but it definitely hasn't been. I'm back to crippling headaches. I'm going to adjust my vitamins (not going to buy IP ones anymore) and take my current magnesium into account. The dose I was taking before is approximately what's in IP's, just in a different form, so I won't be buying any additional magnesium. Needless to say I'm back to taking my own stuff, at least for the magnesium.

Other than that, I've hit my first mini-stall despite being OP and had a frustrating week at work. Really glad tomorrow's Friday!

Last edited by SarahBee_; 08-21-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:22 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Canadjineh - your picture is beautiful. How did the filming of the video go? Where do we go to watch it?

Evemoma- reading your posts about P2 lowers my anxiety about leaving P1 sept 1. You are doing really well.

Rhondac- I worked out before IP so contined the practice and in fact increased my exercise. I'm currently training for a half marathon in November. I have routinely added the extra pack and water. If needed I have also added some extra protein. My coach owns a gym so she is and I talk about it. I think she would prefer I work out less. Recently I have added one piece of bread Saturday mornings before my long run, over 12 km. My energy has been good and I have maintained lean muscle.
Start slow and do what feels right. It is something that is great to add to your lifestyle.

No real issues with the big C here. The odd time I have taken what IP sells and that does the trick. I do take extra vitamin c so that may also help and yes big coffee drinker, and yes extra water to compensate.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:29 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Jenny38: It was a 'honkin' huge video file for 1.06 minutes, lol being HD and all... it took ages to download via Google Drive to the email address Dr. Wilkinson wanted me to send it to, so I'm hoping it will work as the traffic noise was a bit higher than anticipated. Anyhow, we sent it off and should hopefully hear back soon whether the sound can be fixed in postproduction or we have to do a retake somewhere quieter...
stay tuned to this station...

Liana
Old 08-21-2014, 09:39 PM   #42  

Just wanted to say thank you to ChipnDip and eandc2006 for your great advice on the daily thread a couple of days ago!

JLUS, I went to PM you, but I don’t think I have privileges yet since I’m so new (and because even after reading the FAQ thread on PMing, I don’t see options for PMing anyone). Or maybe I’m missing something?
Old 08-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #43  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorepancakes View Post
JLUS, I went to PM you, but I don’t think I have privileges yet since I’m so new (and because even after reading the FAQ thread on PMing, I don’t see options for PMing anyone). Or maybe I’m missing something?
nomorepancakes
You may be too new, but did you go to User CP and select Options where you indicate that you want to send and receive private messages? If you can access Options and make those choices, you probably can send private messages.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorepancakes View Post
Just wanted to say thank you to ChipnDip and eandc2006 for your great advice on the daily thread a couple of days ago!

You have to have 20 posts to PM.

Email me at jlus at aol.com (replace at with @)
Old 08-21-2014, 10:58 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7059 View Post
Congrats Mike!
Closed Thread