Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Friends,
I just returned from an 8 day conference for work. I planned well and followed the plan about 98%. I know I didn't get the right amount of veggies & real protein most days and forgot to take all my supplements some days. I am such a routine person that any deviations from my normal throws me off. Any way I lost 1 lb which I extremely happy about!! I jumped back on the plan 100%today and hope to make it to onderland soon (only 3 lbs away)!!
So many people are doing so great!

Evemommacongrats of reaching goal, I knew you we going to get there you had this from the start! You will rock maintenance!! I will be following your posts and learning from you!

Lisa Hang in there girl!! Hope your massage is wonderful!!

Wow RevGrace over 70 lbs gone, you have done an amazing job..so happy for you!!

Welcome to all the newcomers, I think you will find this sight to be your major source of inspiration.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:25 PM   #17  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

Good morning y'all! Weigh in this morning and I lost another 2 lbs.!

I have a question for y'all. . . . .

My clinic is trying to sell me something else. . . . they think I should start their B12 shots (also contains a metabolism booster and fat burner). Mind you I already take a B12 supplement, and yes, I know it's not the same as a shot. The first round would be a series of 6 for $225. Otherwise, the shots are $50 each.

Does anyone get these shots? If so, what's your opinion?
Old 08-15-2014, 12:32 PM   #18  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Here's what I found (lol do I sound like Siri?)•an expression of excitement or joy, used mostly by computer aficionados. Typically the "w" is written in lower case. Though the term was originally limited to use on the Internet, it is now used in speech. Also spelled "w00t". (That is - using zeroes rather than oh's.)

•Among other etymologies, in "Dungeons and Dragons" and similar games, "woot" may be a contraction of "wow, loot." "Loot" is valuable items that defeated monsters leave behind.

See I'm not a total Geek, I used the upper case "W" when I wrote it - woot! btw - I like Geeks
Interesting - I always thought it was an acronym for "we own [the] other team!"
Old 08-15-2014, 12:35 PM   #19  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles1964 View Post
Good morning y'all! Weigh in this morning and I lost another 2 lbs.!

I have a question for y'all. . . . .

My clinic is trying to sell me something else. . . . they think I should start their B12 shots (also contains a metabolism booster and fat burner). Mind you I already take a B12 supplement, and yes, I know it's not the same as a shot. The first round would be a series of 6 for $225. Otherwise, the shots are $50 each.

Does anyone get these shots? If so, what's your opinion?
Pebbles - are you B12 deficient? Is your clinic in your doctor's office? Unless there's a medical reason to get B12 shots confirmed by your doctor I would not do it (my opinion only). And also my opinion only - I do not think there are any "metabolism boosters and fat burners" that have ever been proven to actually work. If there were we'd all be skinny without needing IP!
Old 08-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #20  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Pebbles - are you B12 deficient? Is your clinic in your doctor's office? Unless there's a medical reason to get B12 shots confirmed by your doctor I would not do it (my opinion only). And also my opinion only - I do not think there are any "metabolism boosters and fat burners" that have ever been proven to actually work. If there were we'd all be skinny without needing IP!
Thank you Ruth Ann. That's what I'm looking for. . . opinions.

No, my clinic is not in my doctor's office. Mine does and sells a lot of things. My gut said "wait" and my head said, "what the , trying to sell me something else!"
Old 08-15-2014, 01:09 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 228/198/165

Height: 5'11"

Pebbles, for what it's worth, I'm with RuthAnn on this.

I take B12 injections (pernicious anemia from a parasite, long story) and I can tell you that simple prescription B12 is not anywhere NEAR that price (even without insurance) so, unless they can give you some really compelling info, with research to back it up, on the "metabolism boosters and fat burners" I'd steer clear.

(and if they happen to have said info + research data, do pass it on! )
Old 08-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

I'm with Ruth Ann. They are trying to mix up IP with another diet that incorporates B12 shots. Everyone I know that did that gained all their weight back and more. Don't do it! It's not part of IP or your Dr. Would have ordered it!

WI - -4.6 lbs. Woot!!! LOL

Lisa, relax today however you need to!

Last edited by Mad4Lean; 08-15-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:13 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 228/198/165

Height: 5'11"

That said, B12 injections often give people a boost of energy and sometimes increased mental sharpness for a few days--even if they're not B12 deficient to start. So, I suppose if you can afford a $37.50 pick-me-up, go for it (provided the "magic" ingredients are safe)

And B12 is a water-soluble vitamin--double-edged sword here; any excess won't build up in your body, but you'll end up with some really expensive pee!

Still--it's not part of the protocol and hard to say how it would interact. Just doesn't seem worth it to me.

...and I'm done, promise

Last edited by sarajoyus; 08-15-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #24  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Lean View Post
WI - -4.6 lbs. Woot!!! LOL

Way to go!
Old 08-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #25  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarajoyus View Post
That said, B12 injections often give people a boost of energy and sometimes increased mental sharpness for a few days--even if they're not B12 deficient to start. So, I suppose if you can afford a $37.50 pick-me-up, go for it (provided the "magic" ingredients are safe)

And B12 is a water-soluble vitamin--double-edged sword here; any excess won't build up in your body, but you'll end up with some really expensive pee!

Still--it's not part of the protocol and hard to say how it would interact. Just doesn't seem worth it to me.

...and I'm done, promise

This is with laughter in my voice. . . . . .I can't even afford the IP "foods!" So why would I want to (knowingly) p__s very expensive (and unnecessary) "vitamins" down the toilet.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:33 PM   #26  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles1964 View Post
This is with laughter in my voice. . . . . .I can't even afford the IP "foods!" So why would I want to (knowingly) p__s very expensive (and unnecessary) "vitamins" down the toilet.
now this really got me to LOL! too funny. Just for kicks I Googled the cost of these (I agree unless your doctor prescribes them for a real need I sure wouldn't do it): Our Vitamin B12 service offers bi-weekly injections of Vitamin B12 at the work site or at one of our 3 convenient mid-south offices. The cost is $20 per shot with every 5th shot free! A minimum of ten people are required for an on-site appointment where a registered nurse will visit your facility to administer the shots. Or, you can drop into one of our 3 convenient mid-south offices for a dose of Vitamin B12!
Old 08-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarajoyus View Post

...and I'm done, promise
DITTO!!
Old 08-15-2014, 02:04 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Congrats to so many awesome loses. Keep it up.
Lisa - enjoy your massage and hope that the weekend brings some relief to you.
-Peebles, I agree with everyone else. Sounds like you are listening to the great advice. It is amazing what clinics will try to sell.

I am thankful it is Friday and looking forward to a fun weekend. Have time to do a long run Saturday and a hard work out at the gym Sunday, see my niece and nephew on Sunday, outing with kids, and DH and I get to go to on a movie date tomorrow! It has been too long.
Ate a salty meal last night and could feel it in my fingers this morning, scary to see the difference on the scale but confident it will be flushed out my morning. Glad to see the scale slowly moving down again.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:07 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Default Salt - new info from WebMed

Hi gals: just got an interesting email from WebMed on sodium, you might find it interesting too... and a bit in there about the importance of potassium, here's the link:
"Studies Question the Need To Watch Your Salt"
http://www.webmd.com/heart/news/2014...ch-salt-sodium

Liana
Old 08-15-2014, 04:16 PM   #30  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Lisa - great decision & good role modelling Sounds like the situation around you has calmed down a fair bit - everyone will be relieved! A massage in the midst of planning sounds perfect!

Exciting to hear about all those losses - large or slower, they all count towards a healthier group of us

Halfagain: You will feel much lighter, I'm sure, once those too-large clothes leave your closet for someone else's. Way to go! Nice hair, by the way

Got some graduation flowers from my coach this morning - and 'after' photos. Now I feel official
Closed Thread