Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 07:08 AM   #1  

Default IP weekend chat Sat 8/9 - Sun 8/10/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Saturday Morning to Everyone....

Another long day on the road for me... Cooler is packed and ready. This is my last full work weekend before Disney! I am ready for it to be over LOL...then i know my vacation count down begins....

I ordered plenty of packets from my center this week that are grab and go and easy to prepare while on vacation... BBQ Soy nuts are my addiction and I find them very filling. My coach thinks I should carry an extra packet or two during the day just in case.... All our reservations for meals are made so I have menu studying to do this week. Lunch will be a salad with some meat of some sort or a burger less the roll. I have my head in the game so I should be fine... Tempting Treats I hope don't bother me...if they do I will just focus on how my stomach felt a few weeks ago after having that steak that was not prepared properly and I was doubled over in pain all night LOL...

I so appreciate this forum you have no idea. I have been on plans before and been in forums but it seemed most were negative about the whole experience and complaining about what they could not have ... this group is so different...so happy I found you all.

Anyway off to work I go....
Old 08-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #3  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good Saturday Morning to Everyone....

Another long day on the road for me... Cooler is packed and ready. This is my last full work weekend before Disney! I am ready for it to be over LOL...then i know my vacation count down begins....

I ordered plenty of packets from my center this week that are grab and go and easy to prepare while on vacation... BBQ Soy nuts are my addiction and I find them very filling. My coach thinks I should carry an extra packet or two during the day just in case.... All our reservations for meals are made so I have menu studying to do this week. Lunch will be a salad with some meat of some sort or a burger less the roll. I have my head in the game so I should be fine... Tempting Treats I hope don't bother me...if they do I will just focus on how my stomach felt a few weeks ago after having that steak that was not prepared properly and I was doubled over in pain all night LOL...

I so appreciate this forum you have no idea. I have been on plans before and been in forums but it seemed most were negative about the whole experience and complaining about what they could not have ... this group is so different...so happy I found you all.

Anyway off to work I go....
Woohoo! It doesn't seem like it now but this weekend will go by in a flash! Good for you for being prepared!

FWIW to everyone that is afraid to have restricteds: After all of the recent discussions on here I decided to have a restricted a day (previously I was only having one twice a week or so). I'm pleased to say that I am already down more weight than I was on my last 3 weigh ins and I have 2 more days until my official weigh in. So having one a day did NOT hurt my progress in any way. I won't go so far as to say it helped because we know that the weightloss varies from week to week so one week of weigh ins doesn't really say for sure but it didn't hurt. I also had a 4th packet 3 times this week.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:28 AM   #4  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Re the posts about the cabbage rolls from yesterday...I found the recipe in the recipes thread, but it's pretty easy. 4 cups green cabbage chopped, 1 lb lean ground turkey, ~3 garlic cloves minced (I used garlic powder), onion powder, salt and pepper to taste, 1 can fire roasted tomatoes or peppers if you don't want to use a restricted veggie. Brown the meat with the seasonings, add the tomatoes/peppers, add the cabbage cook covered on low until cabbage is soft. Could add cauli rice if you wanted Looking forward to my leftovers.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Happy Saturday! I'm relaxing, eating my ip brownie (my weekend treat) and drinking my coffee. Today is house cleaning day. I need to do the heavy duty cleaning that I've neglected the past few weeks.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #6  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

Nat1015....glad restricted are working for you! I've had one every single day of IP!

SGRealtor....you're going to do GREAT at Disney! I went there in May just 4 weeks into IP and lost 4 lbs. I highly recommend Quest Bars that do well in heat. They were my rescue when the rest of the fam had delicious Disney treats!

I'm hanging in there with extended family visiting for two weeks. Having a harder time with measuring my portions as i'm cooking meats/veggies IP friendly for everyone. May have to go back to making a small pan of my own since I think i've had too much olive oil. But just a few more days of P1 for me regardless!!! On to P2!

Visiting the Lincoln Museum in Springfield today....should be fun!
Old 08-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #7  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

I h
Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Good morning everyone!

Nat1015....glad restricted are working for you! I've had one every single day of IP!

SGRealtor....you're going to do GREAT at Disney! I went there in May just 4 weeks into IP and lost 4 lbs. I highly recommend Quest Bars that do well in heat. They were my rescue when the rest of the fam had delicious Disney treats!

I'm hanging in there with extended family visiting for two weeks. Having a harder time with measuring my portions as i'm cooking meats/veggies IP friendly for everyone. May have to go back to making a small pan of my own since I think i've had too much olive oil. But just a few more days of P1 for me regardless!!! On to P2!

Visiting the Lincoln Museum in Springfield today....should be fun!

You have great patience with your extended family visit - sounds like you
are handling it well.

5 of my Chi Omega sorority sisters from college (we are all in our 60's now) get together once a year and last October we went to the home of one of us who lives on a lake in Greenville IL -- it was like being at summer camp! While we were there we went to Springfield for a daytrip and saw Lincoln's home in the little historic section of town -- the film at the Park Service visitors center and the house tour is very good. Then the walk down the main drag street to the Lincoln Presidential Museum - there are markers on lamp posts with lots of interesting quotes - not Lincoln, but other key historic figures. Some will make you laugh out loud. Some are profound and thought provoking. That walk from the visitor center (with easy parking) to the Lincoln Museum is quite enjoyable, plus it adds a bit of exercise to the day.

I am housecleaning and mowing the grass today... another way to 'move around' - not as fun, though! My reward is getting fingers and toes done late this afternoon - definitely enjoyable --

Last edited by oneuh2; 08-09-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

Does anyone know if, when someone posts in the open recipe thread, it will post in the main forum? Or do I need to continually check the link in the daily thread to see if there is a new recipe posted? Thanks!
Old 08-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by takers View Post
Does anyone know if, when someone posts in the open recipe thread, it will post in the main forum? Or do I need to continually check the link in the daily thread to see if there is a new recipe posted? Thanks!
I think it should "bump" up onto the front page when someone posts.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #10  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Good Saturday all - I'm a restarter, gained everything I'd lost before plus 10 pounds, warning to all who do not phase off properly! But now I am premenopausal and realizing I'm definitely processed carb addicted. No different than alcohol or drugs for me, one mouthful of cheese-its or the like and I'm off to the races, with the carb crash that follows. I'm about 4 weeks in this time and already feeling much better, the foggy head is about gone, I am sleeping much deeper and feel more rested, this is something I have to do not just for the weight loss but for the myriad of other health benefits. Any way, just wanted to say "hi" and thank you for all your wisdom and support!
Old 08-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany123 View Post
Good Saturday all - I'm a restarter, gained everything I'd lost before plus 10 pounds, warning to all who do not phase off properly! But now I am premenopausal and realizing I'm definitely processed carb addicted. No different than alcohol or drugs for me, one mouthful of cheese-its or the like and I'm off to the races, with the carb crash that follows. I'm about 4 weeks in this time and already feeling much better, the foggy head is about gone, I am sleeping much deeper and feel more rested, this is something I have to do not just for the weight loss but for the myriad of other health benefits. Any way, just wanted to say "hi" and thank you for all your wisdom and support!
I know how you feel. I don't have a big sweet tooth but I am a carb addict too...I can't eat a healthy portion of pasta because I lose control and can't stop. Welcome back and at least you know! You got this!

Last edited by nat1015; 08-09-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #12  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Welcome back -- I have not done IP before but I have yoyo'd my way thru just about every other diet plan, and am here having regained my last loss plus almost 20 extra. Just getting started again on a weight loss regimen is a big step -- we've done that (I am just started week 5 myself), so now it's a matter of following thru to goal and being just as vigilant about phasing off into maintenance. This forum is the best support environment I have ever found.
Let's treat this as the last diet to lose and the best and only plan for maintaining!
Old 08-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/136/135 reboot165/151/125

Height: 5'2

Last night I went to Outback for dinner and had my usual steak and veggies, for a moment I was wanting to tear into the bread and butter placed in the middle of the table. I was thinking about how far I have come and although the past 3 months I wanted this weight off FASTER!! I am thankful that it has taken some time, the time for me to adjust to a new way of looking at food and knowing that it is off limits in P1 has been freeing for me. I am just hoping that when I phase off I will know my limits and portions!!! Sometimes to much freedom with no accountability is scary when it comes to food (my drug of choice LOL) I just wanted to share my enlightened moment with you all
Old 08-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #14  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post

You are sounding very patient & positive, evemomma! And you are so close to your goal - exciting! Glad to hear you are committed to moving on to P2 - a woman with a plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Re the posts about the cabbage rolls from yesterday...I found the recipe in the recipes thread, but it's pretty easy. 4 cups green cabbage chopped, 1 lb lean ground turkey, ~3 garlic cloves minced (I used garlic powder), onion powder, salt and pepper to taste, 1 can fire roasted tomatoes or peppers if you don't want to use a restricted veggie. Brown the meat with the seasonings, add the tomatoes/peppers, add the cabbage cook covered on low until cabbage is soft. Could add cauli rice if you wanted Looking forward to my leftovers.
Thanks for this recipe, pishposh. I have lots of cabbage right now & needed some inspiration - this sounds perfect!

Quote:
Welcome Tuscany123! Lots of us restarters around, learning from our previous mistakes & getting smarter all the time I have felt lots of carb cravings in my time & would have said it was an addiction too. Maybe so. But I am just freshly into Maintenance & so far am really enjoying my added carbs but not feeling any cravings. Moderation & planning - they are my current pieces of learning

Glad to hear you are already feeling the benefits of being OP! Keep up the good work
Old 08-09-2014, 01:51 PM   #15  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muahahaha View Post
Last night I went to Outback for dinner and had my usual steak and veggies, for a moment I was wanting to tear into the bread and butter placed in the middle of the table. I was thinking about how far I have come and although the past 3 months I wanted this weight off FASTER!! I am thankful that it has taken some time, the time for me to adjust to a new way of looking at food and knowing that it is off limits in P1 has been freeing for me. I am just hoping that when I phase off I will know my limits and portions!!! Sometimes to much freedom with no accountability is scary when it comes to food (my drug of choice LOL) I just wanted to share my enlightened moment with you all
Great NSV!! I agree - there are many benefits to taking enough time on this plan to reset habits & ways of thinking. Personally, I find it almost an identity shift: 'I am no longer someone who..... Now I am someone who......'

I know what you mean about the accountability. I have often felt that I behave unwisely around food in secret. I am practising remembering that I am always accountable to me, no matter if no one else is watching And I am worthy of care & support of me. Thanks for your enlightened moment
Closed Thread