3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Breakfast help! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/298400-breakfast-help.html)

WhoDat730 08-05-2014 11:44 PM

Breakfast help!

Hello all,

I've done IP in the past and started it up again this month with my boyfriend joining me this time around. I'm fine with a shake for breakfast and sometimes I'll have eggs instead. My boyfriend on the other hand says the shake for breakfast doesn't fill him and he needs a more substantial breakfast. He is now getting sick of eggs. What are some other good IP breakfast ideas? Help! lol

westwillow 08-06-2014 02:56 AM

Hi WhoDat

I thought the IP P1 sheet calls for a packet in the morning along with optional coffee.

I find if I make a chocolate drink & add it to my coffee, it all seems to last longer & be more satisfying. Alternatively, I have had an IP plain omelette & added egg whites & also some celery, cucumber & even lettuce (all chopped or pureed), which are all eat-all-you-want vegies.

How about exploring some of the recipe threads & trying a 'muffin' bake in the morning? Or pancake or waffle?

Good luck!

Maybe your BF would like to explore the recipes for himself & see what appeals to him - ?

JLUS 08-06-2014 07:31 AM

One whole egg and three egg whites is equivalent to one IP packet and fine you use instead of a packaged omelet. Add a half cup of veggies from your lunch portion.

Or he should have a half cup veggies around 10 to hold him.

What does he weight, goal weight and how tall? He may be a candidate for an extra packet.

Ruth Ann 08-06-2014 08:05 AM

Crispy cereal pancakes would be good or any of the packets that he finds more filling.

Or you could use the oatmeal and make oatmeal zucchini muffins for breakfast - those are super filling.

schenectady 08-06-2014 09:58 AM

My favorite is the chocolate shake BUT I add about a cup of frozen greens to the shake. This seems to "fluff" up the shake and makes a huge volume as a result. I use coffee ice cubes for additional thickness.

Maybe try that and see if the fullness of that is more suitable. It is so thick and creamy that I can barely make me way through it and I do not find the taste of whatever green I add to be objectionable, even if the color is rather unusual!

Peppertree 08-06-2014 10:38 AM

The last few weeks I've been eating chips for breakfast most days. I like to feel like I am having something filling, too. I've never been into the shakes and drinks for breakfast.

WhoDat730 08-06-2014 12:11 PM

With both of us doing it this time we are doing alternatives. He is 6'0, 250lbs, his goal is 200lbs.

I usually have coffee first, then my shake and I'm full for a while. Maybe I'll incorporate waffles or pancakes. Also try adding some veggies to the omelet or shake. Thanks for the advice y'all! :)

canadjineh 08-06-2014 12:27 PM

I know it might sound weird, but I liked the soups for breakfast and I made sure that I put it in a bowl with a spoon - not to drink it out of a mug. Takes longer , psychologically felt like food and not drink, and you can add veg to it. Although being in Baton Rouge at this time of year, maybe soup isn't so appealing. I was doing P1 in Winter in Western Canada, lol.

Liana

oneuh2 08-06-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoDat730 (Post 5052200)
Hello all,

I've done IP in the past and started it up again this month with my boyfriend joining me this time around. I'm fine with a shake for breakfast and sometimes I'll have eggs instead. My boyfriend on the other hand says the shake for breakfast doesn't fill him and he needs a more substantial breakfast. He is now getting sick of eggs. What are some other good IP breakfast ideas? Help! lol

I just posted in today's daily thread about the waffles I made this morning with my vanilla pudding and a cup of shredded zucchini -- check it out - I added a photo. A few days ago I did something similar with the Crispy Cereal pancake, but I added shredded cauliflower (aka cauli-rice). Same kind of result - more substance but no veggie flavor. These recipes are about to become a weekend standard for me when I have the extra time to fix it and sit down and enjoy it.

Zuke adds substance but no flavor of its own to anything you put it in... sweet or savory. Add it to any of the drinks with a few ice cubes and water and run them thru the blender or nutri bullet - I have a Ninja pulse that does a good job making the packet into a smoothie.

Spinach and kale will do the same, as others have mentioned, and I have a friend who wants to maximize fiber in the AM so she adds broccoli to her nutria bullet IP drink/shake. Give these options a try!

btw -- the first sticky thread in the IP forum here on 3FC has both pancake and waffle recipes and many more.

IP43 08-06-2014 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5052446)
...These recipes are about to become a weekend standard for me when I have the extra time to fix it and sit down and enjoy it.

I loved the pic of your waffle -- looked delish. I hope you double up on some of your recipes. I make a bunch of the cereal pancakes and then freeze them. On a rushed morning, I pop a baggie out of the freezer and 30 seconds later in the microwave I have a filling yummy breakfast. Your waffles look pretty substantial. I wonder if you froze them and then used the toaster if you'd have an IP "Eggo Waffle"

evemomma 08-07-2014 08:49 AM

Posted this before, but this is my fav "treat" (thanks to Diane a while back). I peel and slice zucchini and cut into half circles, line them an EVOO sprayed pan and sprinkle some splenda, cinnamon, and I add a drizzle of WF syrup also. Bake at 350F until they look transluscent (about 20-25 minutes depending on amount). I enjoy my 'sliced apples' for breakfast and maybe the other half for lunch.

THis is an ALT product, but I find the Proti Diet Oatmeals (Maple, Cinnamon and Spice) to be filling and satisfying for breakfast, AND they are not restricted like the IP oatmeal packs are.

Sheena1966 08-07-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 5052688)
I loved the pic of your waffle -- looked delish. I hope you double up on some of your recipes. I make a bunch of the cereal pancakes and then freeze them. On a rushed morning, I pop a baggie out of the freezer and 30 seconds later in the microwave I have a filling yummy breakfast. Your waffles look pretty substantial. I wonder if you froze them and then used the toaster if you'd have an IP "Eggo Waffle"

That's a great idea! I will have to try that!

Sheena1966 08-07-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evemomma (Post 5052774)
Posted this before, but this is my fav "treat" (thanks to Diane a while back). I peel and slice zucchini and cut into half circles, line them an EVOO sprayed pan and sprinkle some splenda, cinnamon, and I add a drizzle of WF syrup also. Bake at 350F until they look transluscent (about 20-25 minutes depending on amount). I enjoy my 'sliced apples' for breakfast and maybe the other half for lunch.

THis is an ALT product, but I find the Proti Diet Oatmeals (Maple, Cinnamon and Spice) to be filling and satisfying for breakfast, AND they are not restricted like the IP oatmeal packs are.

Ok, making that tonight if I get hungry!

oneuh2 08-07-2014 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 5052688)

Thanks so much for the suggestion about freezing - I had wondered if freezing a cereal pancake or a pudding pancake would work -- I'd love to do this and have another ;grab and go' option on those mornings when I am heading out to the bus for work. Thanks for sharing IP43!!!!

booo57 08-03-2019 11:12 AM

I often cook omelette in the morning.
With ham, muchrooms, tomatoes and cheese.
Fluffy Omelette
Try it. Really tasty!