Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Mad4lean, great job on losing 35! Hang in there and don't give up on yourself you can do it.

Texaschick - nights are hard. for the past year on this diet I have gone to bed when my kids do to avoid snacking plus I'm tired. I am so surprised that some people can leave their snack till after dinner, I always seem to NEED it in the afternoon. If I am hungry going to bed I just think that my body is burning calories and I will be lighter in the morning. It is not worth the snacking.

Sounds like everyone is got the week of to a great start. Did my run in the rain this morning, it was refreshing.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:56 PM   #17  
Started IP on Jun 28,2014

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I am very confused right now! I was reading up on ketogenic diets and it's similar to IP but we eat more fat like butter/ cream etc, to get in the state of ketosis. Now this is where I am mind boggled. Two weeks ago I fell off the wagon and cheated BIG time! I am embarrassed and ashamed to reveal this but I have stayed OP except that I are ten Krispy Kream plain glazed donuts. Weird and unexplainable, it was close to TOM too and when I had my WI After twoe week that I did cheating I was on day 4 of my period and I had magically lost 6.2lbs!!!!

This is where it's mind boggling!! Is it that by eating ten fatty donuts I actually did put my body into ketosis for atleast 4 days until my WI day and lost 6.4lbs? The week of cheating I didn't lose an ounce. The week after that I lost 6.4lbs.then I was OP and lost 1.4lbs.

Looking at the ketogenic diet and the fat intake puts the body in ketosis I am thinking maybe I ate so much fat with the donuts it put me in ketosis and that's why I lost an amazing 6.4 in the week that I was close to my period ?

What do u guys think?

Last edited by Bull; 08-04-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
I am very confused right now! I was reading up on ketogenic diets and it's similar to IP but we eat more fat like butter/ cream etc, to get in the state of ketosis. Now this is where I am mind boggled. Two weeks ago I fell off the wagon and cheated BIG time! I am embarrassed and ashamed to reveal this but I have stayed OP except that I are ten Krispy Kream plain glazed donuts. Weird and unexplainable, it was close to TOM too and when I had my WI I was on day 4 of my period and I had magically lost 6.2lbs!!!!

This is where it's mind boggling!! Is it that by eating ten fatty donuts I actually did put my body into ketosis for atleast 4 days until my WI day and lost 6.2lbs? The week after I didn't lose an ounce. The week after that I lost 1.4lbs.

Looking at the ketogenic diet and the fat intake puts the body in ketosis I am thinking maybe I ate so much fat with the donuts it put me in ketosis and that's why I lost an amazing 6.2 in the week that I was close to my period ?
IP is also a ketogenic diet.

It is the reduction of carbs that causes Ketosis, rather than an increase of fat.

That being said, what I'm guessing happened to you is that you were in ketosis and the big cheat stopped it. Then you have to cut carbs again to get back into ketosis.

It wasn't the fat in the food that caused you to lose weight, it was the carbs in the food that stalled you out. Remember, donuts aren't just fat, they are very high carb.

So, since you said "we" eat more fat, I'm guessing you are NOT doing IP? This is an IP forum.

As far as what the body does being mind-boggling. It certainly is. But your fat/carb intake didn't cause it.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #19  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Literari View Post
I am cruising through my last weeks of summer. I started this diet in June for a reason -- I work at a school and for maximum success I wanted to start in a stress free time -- when work demands were low and life was uncomplicated. I'm doing awesome in the environment, the real test will be when I'm back at work full time and the stress returns. Hopefully I will have such strong routines at that point that I'll be "invincible". Actually kind of looking forward to the "test".

Have a great week everyone!
I am a teacher and I had to go with the opposite, the structure and routine of school for me is way easier to follow this plan on then the craziness that has been summer. I am really struggling this summer without any routine. I am looking forward to being back and losing the last 30 lbs.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:15 PM   #20  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

I am back for now! Wow it's been a busy few weeks. Work, fair, painting, then new entertainment center that I had to put together, parties with friends, and my daughter having surgery on her acl, I am absolutely wiped out at this point, in fact I feel like I'm getting a summer cold. Plus it's been raining off and on for a week. Love the rain but I'm ready to go to the lake.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 132/123.8/115

Height: 5' 3

AmberLS- I am a teacher too and the summer killed my diet. I need a routine and time away from the pantry to help me keep the lbs. back on. Now I am back on Phase 1 to shed some unwanted pounds.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #22  
Started IP on Jun 28,2014

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Well I am on IP and am benefiting from the weight loss. I was just curious so just asked. Thanks for explaining Lisa.

Last edited by Bull; 08-04-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #23  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
This week I am designing a tag to laminate and give to the kiddos next Sunday for the annual "Blessing of the Backpacks."
I'm not sure how old your kiddos are but I saw a cute poster with a picture of a frog on it that said "Fully Rely On God". I thought it was cute but not sure if that is too young for your group as they "spring/hop" into a new year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaschick0925 View Post
I made the family some chicken alfredo with fettucini and grilled chicken and when everyone went to sleep I dug in! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?! At first I turned it down but then thought, oh it's okay, I've been good all weekend. How do I make that stop!!
If that is a food you love, get the IP Rotini noodles and the WF Alfredo sauce. My family actually likes the WF sauce and I have to stop them from eating it. "Guys, I have to order that in the MAIL".... they don't care. lol

Last edited by IP43; 08-04-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 192.7/183/140

Height: 5' 8"

Does anyone have any input on Skinny Girl Water Enhancer. I have searched the old posts for the last couple of days but can't find an answer. It is the only one that I can find that does not have artificial sweeteners. It uses Stevia. I have been using it prior to starting IP last week and it is 0/0/0 so I believe it is fine but just want to double check since I don't here it discussed at all on this forum.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

I am on Week 5 of a restart and normally travel domestically and internationally, but had the last four weeks to gain momentum before I got back into the traveling habit again. I am thankfully in the U.S. the next two weeks and brought my snacks, went to CVS to get my RTD's, had to be extra picky at lunch and dinner with the waiter when ordering, and made my coffee and put it in the fridge to have tomorrow with my chocolate RTD.

I want to stay on plan so bad, and already feel great about Day 1 and it was validated when my coworker said she wishes she had my discipline when eating. I talked her ear off about how the Beck Diet Solution has also made a big difference this time around...so thankful for that recommendation on the boards here. I am in the South this week where things seem to not be as healthy and mostly fried, or smothered in something...so it's a bit of an uphill battle at each restaurant here versus back home.

I am hoping planning pays off the rest of the week and the momentum keeps going. I was just really excited and wanted to share :-)

Last edited by chicagoboiler; 08-04-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:38 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'3"

I've been hearing so much about this Beck Diet Solutions book, I'm going to have to check it
Old 08-04-2014, 10:14 PM   #27  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
I am on Week 5 of a restart and normally travel domestically and internationally, but had the last four weeks to gain momentum before I got back into the traveling habit again. I am thankfully in the U.S. the next two weeks and brought my snacks, went to CVS to get my RTD's, had to be extra picky at lunch and dinner with the waiter when ordering, and made my coffee and put it in the fridge to have tomorrow with my chocolate RTD.

I want to stay on plan so bad, and already feel great about Day 1 and it was validated when my coworker said she wishes she had my discipline when eating. I talked her ear off about how the Beck Diet Solution has also made a big difference this time around...so thankful for that recommendation on the boards here. I am in the South this week where things seem to not be as healthy and mostly fried, or smothered in something...so it's a bit of an uphill battle at each restaurant here versus back home.

I am hoping planning pays off the rest of the week and the momentum keeps going. I was just really excited and wanted to share :-)
Way to go chicagoboiler! You can do it!!!!
Old 08-04-2014, 10:29 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationSkinny View Post
Does anyone have any input on Skinny Girl Water Enhancer. I have searched the old posts for the last couple of days but can't find an answer. It is the only one that I can find that does not have artificial sweeteners. It uses Stevia. I have been using it prior to starting IP last week and it is 0/0/0 so I believe it is fine but just want to double check since I don't here it discussed at all on this forum.
Looks like you could use like Mio
Old 08-04-2014, 10:48 PM   #29  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Lisa "if you only had a nickel" for everyone who buys the Beck book on your recommendation....lol... I wish you had shares in that one
Old 08-04-2014, 10:52 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

I am thinking I need to do a lot more planning when school starts! I need to make sure I have food around that I can have wherever I am. I have to get better at that.
Closed Thread