Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 07:20 PM   #46  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhinds View Post
Just a quick question. I am switching my lunch and dinner around today. I take my evening vitamins with lunch correct? Thanks
You should keep the vitamins for dinner, I believe. I think it is more about spacing them out and not the quantity or type of food you are eating. A little late for you now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
Ok I was trying to master mind my salads. And I know that I make bad choices with food and that is how I ended up being almost 300lbs. So, need some insight here.

I cannot stand WF. Cannot do it!!!!!

At the start made my own dressings and still like to but heading into my very busy time of year and sometimes just need to grab. making my own dressing using oils i end up with about 80-150 calories, 10-14 g fat, 0 carb, 0 sugar.

Found a few store bought dressings (ceasar and blue cheese)

blue: 40 cal/ 4g fat /.5 carb/ .5 sugar

salsa: 30 cal /2.5 fat / 1.5 carb / 1 g sugar

Am I wrong in thinking that these are not ok alternatives for every once in a while? Yes, there are some slight carbs and sugar but way lower cal and fat. And sugar not the main ingredient, very far down the list.
I keep a bottle of oil and a bottle of vinegar at work in my desk. If I don't have time to make my own more complicated dressing I have a back up. I have also made a big bottle of Asian or Italian with everything but the oil. I add my measured oil at the time I serve it so I know it is the proper amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
I have gone back to eating IP mushroom soup which I haven't had in months for lunch just to change things up a bit. Actually kind of nice to have at work with the air conditioning in our building set to freezing. I find that I am no longer hot at work since losing the weight.

Have a good day!
I am cold all the time now! I even take a sweater to the grocery store. I have never has that problem before. I even got my thyroid rechecked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
Do most people that start out over 200 pounds have 4 IP packets a day? I have been using 3. I'm wondering if I should add 1 each day. I tried to search but was having no luck.
I was given four packs for the first week only. I have read since that I could have stayed with 4 until I got to 200 but I really didn't need a fourth but I had one a few times.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:21 PM   #47  

Quote:
Do most people that start out over 200 pounds have 4 IP packets a day? I have been using 3. I'm wondering if I should add 1 each day. I tried to search but was having no luck.
It seems to vary. My coach started me on 3-5.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:25 PM   #48  

Oh Annie! What good news (frustrating process, but good news!) I will be praying for your lumpectomy to be as smooth as possible tomorrow!
Old 07-31-2014, 07:31 PM   #49  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Thanks! I have been doing good with 3 so I will stick with it but it is good to know that I have the option of going to 4 if I am really hungry or need to change things up. That meal replacement shake was a definite mistake. I don't know if it was that or the small yellow squash that I had in my salad but I was so so sick about an hour after lunch.

Annie, I am so glad that you got this news!

Last edited by nat1015; 07-31-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:43 PM   #50  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppertree View Post
Today is my 6 month IP anniversary, and I made it to 199. What a fantastic way to celebrate!
At the "music for IP" thread, John Meyer is singing the "Onderland" song just for you today. Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
At the start made my own dressings and still like to but heading into my very busy time of year and sometimes just need to grab. ...
I don't know if you have the "Renees" brand in your super markets, but their Tuscan Italian is almost 0/0/0 and it comes in pouches too. But that's in Canada. There are a lot of low cal and low carb dressings now but maybe try in a health store that might have different brands than the supermarket as they cater for diabetics- might be worth a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
....I think I have whiplash. I cannot even begin to tell you how much all of your kindness and support have meant to me! Thanks for letting me rant--again--to you!
This news is pretty miraculous. You have such a positive attitude already, but I know after going through all this, you and your family will all just appreciate each other even more. We're all still sending you healing thoughts for tomorrow's surgery.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:49 PM   #51  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Great news Annie. So sorry you had to go through the stress.

Had a great WI today. Down 4.8 for a total of 51.2 in 13 weeks! Feeling good and looking forward to the next goal of 54lbs or halfway there!

I think I may have to replace the choc wafers next week. I like them way too much. I've still only had one a day, but it definitely starts a craving. I've reread the craving chapter of Beck's several times recently. Focused on staying 100%. I think it's a slippery slope for me if I don't.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:55 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

i understand about those wafers. I love them, all flavors!!
Old 07-31-2014, 10:06 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 325/300/225

Height: 5'7"

I posted this in the 100% thread but thought I would cross post here....

Ladies: is Canadian bacon ok for the protein meal? Sometimes we have breakfast for dinner and I was thinking scrambled eggs and a few slices if Canadian bacon would be delish. Canadian bacon is low in fat and calories. Thoughts ?
Old 07-31-2014, 10:14 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by creolelady View Post

Ladies: is Canadian bacon ok for the protein meal? Sometimes we have breakfast for dinner and I was thinking scrambled eggs and a few slices if Canadian bacon would be delish. Canadian bacon is low in fat and calories. Thoughts ?
My thought: I follow the sheet.
The only pork listed on the P1 sheet is pork tenderloin or lean ham.
Can you have ham & eggs?
Old 07-31-2014, 10:25 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
My coach just says that having a fourth packet is ok if I need it - but try to have something light. And stay away from the restricted products altogether for as long as possible.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:29 PM   #56  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/5/2017 232./204/150

Wow - so much good stuff happening on this thread today! I had to go to the dentist as well as my WI with Coach-- full day so I am late getting online. Both appointments were good experiences:
-- Look Ma! No cavities!!!
-- and check out my ticker - I am down another 3 lbs on day 22 with IP!!

Annie's greatly improved medical news, Rayze's results taking her to the verge of halfway to goal, Peppertree making it into onederland on her 6 month anniversary... so much good news that just adds to my resolve to hang in for the duration.

So glad I got onto 3FC before heading for bed tonite! Thanks everyone!
Old 07-31-2014, 10:34 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 156/145/110

Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie here. I'm glad I found this site/forum. Been on IP for 4 weeks now and my weight loss is really slow. I'm only down 9.9 lbs today since July 3rd. I'm getting a little unmotivated with this progess.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:46 PM   #58  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by creolelady View Post

I believe that canadian bacon is made from the pork loin and is low in fat. Stay away from the one rolled in peameal. I treat it similar to ham but I like it a lot more because it seems more real. It is salty though. But so is ham.

Just to be sure, is the nutrition data on the package?
Old 07-31-2014, 11:03 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 325/300/225

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I believe that canadian bacon is made from the pork loin and is low in fat. Stay away from the one rolled in peameal. I treat it similar to ham but I like it a lot more because it seems more real. It is salty though. But so is ham.

Just to be sure, is the nutrition data on the package?
Yes for 3 slices ---60 calories,1.5 grams fat, 1 carb, 0 fiber, 0 sugar, 11g protein
Old 08-01-2014, 12:04 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 188/136/135 reboot165/151/125

Height: 5'2

Anniepoo I am so happy to hear your great news although delivered in the most stressful way possible!! I will be sending prayers up for you tomorrow!!

I wanted to thank you all who answered my question a few days ago and am happy to report my exhaustion level has tapered off substantially when I split my protein between lunch and dinner! What a life saver. I am so lucky to associated with such a great and supportive group!! Thanks again
Closed Thread