Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2014, 02:44 PM   #31  
Evemomma
 
evemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis Area
Posts: 842

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Annie....THRILLED for you that this means no hysterectomy and mastectomy but FURIOUS that they made this mistake. You need a massage!!!!!!

Westwillow....I grilled the leeks with a little drizzle of EVOO....delish!!!!!!

Simple dressing ideas: Mix spicy brown mustard with some apple cider vinegar (you could add EVOO too) OR squeeze a Pickled Peppercini Pepper over your salad. Yum!
evemomma is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 02:53 PM   #32  
Started IP 6/12/14
 
kissi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 466

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Default

Good Afternoon, Everyone!

My gosh I have been EXTRA emotional today. It's about to be TOM and I have already burst out into tears twice today over work stress mainly. I'm dealing with issues with my car not starting (I was stuck in Home Depot parking lot last night for over an hour waiting on the tow truck to tow it to the dealership) ....it's a 2013 and under warranty, so I definitely shouldn't be having problems like these but it just adds to the headache.

ETA: Even with all the stress, I'm still staying OP. That is one thing that I definitely feel good about.

ETAA: ANNIE!!!! I am speechless!!! That is horrible to put you through that!!!!!! :hugs:

Last edited by kissi; 07-31-2014 at 02:57 PM.
kissi is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 03:05 PM   #33  
Started IP 6/25/14
 
Literari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Idaho
Posts: 69

S/C/G: 309/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5

Default Huzzah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppertree View Post
Today is my 6 month IP anniversary, and I made it to 199. What a fantastic way to celebrate!

It just hit me what a change to under 200 means when I went to an online hydration calculator to see what my new recommended water intake is, and I didn't have to change the first digit in the drop-down to a "2". It is small thing, but very thrilling to me!

I feel like getting to 199 also marks a new beginning for me in phase 1. I am excited to continue to goal and will continue to rely on all the information I get from this board - I don't post much, but I read everyday. Thank you everyone!
Congratulations! It is very motivational to see these success stories! I am close to your starting weight right now and started the diet 5 weeks ago. It's amazing to me that is 7 months or so I could be reporting this kind of success! Keep it up!!
Literari is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 03:12 PM   #34  
Started IP 6/25/14
 
Literari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Idaho
Posts: 69

S/C/G: 309/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Good Afternoon, Everyone!

My gosh I have been EXTRA emotional today. It's about to be TOM and I have already burst out into tears twice today over work stress mainly. I'm dealing with issues with my car not starting (I was stuck in Home Depot parking lot last night for over an hour waiting on the tow truck to tow it to the dealership) ....it's a 2013 and under warranty, so I definitely shouldn't be having problems like these but it just adds to the headache.

ETA: Even with all the stress, I'm still staying OP. That is one thing that I definitely feel good about.

ETAA: ANNIE!!!! I am speechless!!! That is horrible to put you through that!!!!!! :hugs:
My coach warned me that my TOM was going to be an emotional freak show on this diet. Still, I was surprised this week when I collapsed in tears AT THE DENTIST. I tried to leave my appointment, had to call my husband to be calmed down, but ultimately stayed for my dental work. There were some underlying issues there (I had surgery 3 years ago and the doctor's made a mistake and I nearly died -- this dentist visit marked the first time I'd had a doctor doing anything to me since that time) but still - I'm not a crier, and certainly not the sort that needs to be talked out of a tree AT THE DENTIST! I was sobbing and wanting to know what could go wrong with the procedure. The dentist, kind of shell shocked and scared said "Well, I could fill the wrong teeth or I might not clean them to your liking....". When it was all over I realized THIS must be what my coach was warning me about.

I may have to hide in a cave when my next TOM rolls around!! Keep on keepin' on!
Literari is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 03:20 PM   #35  
Started IP 6/12/14
 
kissi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 466

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Literari View Post
My coach warned me that my TOM was going to be an emotional freak show on this diet. Still, I was surprised this week when I collapsed in tears AT THE DENTIST. I tried to leave my appointment, had to call my husband to be calmed down, but ultimately stayed for my dental work. There were some underlying issues there (I had surgery 3 years ago and the doctor's made a mistake and I nearly died -- this dentist visit marked the first time I'd had a doctor doing anything to me since that time) but still - I'm not a crier, and certainly not the sort that needs to be talked out of a tree AT THE DENTIST! I was sobbing and wanting to know what could go wrong with the procedure. The dentist, kind of shell shocked and scared said "Well, I could fill the wrong teeth or I might not clean them to your liking....". When it was all over I realized THIS must be what my coach was warning me about.

I may have to hide in a cave when my next TOM rolls around!! Keep on keepin' on!
I can flip flop emotionally here and there and it packs a major punch when I'm close to TOM. I don't cry often but today was like a waterworks show, had to step away from my desk to catch a breath, type of thing. I've been a bit more irritable than usual and have been trying to restrain that attitude and think I just have bottled up so much I exploded in an emotional fit. I'm okay now....breathing.....

If you have past issues with doctors, it may be a form of PTSD and you are just way more sensitive emotionally with this diet (your coping skills aren't able to take center stage). I know I am having a hard time controlling my emotions, but I try to look at it from another perspective and think "kissi, this isn't you talking, calm down, etc.etc." It doesn't always work...sometimes I just want to be alone and let the feelings pass. Sometimes being alone makes me feel super lonely so I want to be around people to get over it. I'm all over the place.

I'm sorry you had to experience that and thank you for sharing. It's good to know other people are feeling overly, overly emotional as well around TOM.

Last edited by kissi; 07-31-2014 at 03:21 PM.
kissi is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 03:32 PM   #36  
Member
 
Sheena1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 64

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

Default

Anniepoo, what a relief... after the shock wears off.. ! What a thing to put you through. They probably drew straws on who was going to tell you.
Sheena1966 is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 03:35 PM   #37  
Senior Member
 
Kellyc14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 783

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default

Anniepoo- So happy for you!! So sorry you had to go through that!!
Kellyc14 is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 03:35 PM   #38  
Started IP 1/30/14
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 93

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Literari View Post
Congratulations! It is very motivational to see these success stories! I am close to your starting weight right now and started the diet 5 weeks ago. It's amazing to me that is 7 months or so I could be reporting this kind of success! Keep it up!!
Thanks! You can definitely have this kind of success. It is almost mind-boggling how quickly the changes occur. I would never have imagined at the beginning of the year that I could be where I am now. Imagine where you'll be by the end of the year!
Peppertree is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 03:48 PM   #39  
Senior Member
 
Sgrealtor1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 793

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Default

Anniepoo great update!

WI was good.....down another 1.5
But the best part was the 2 inches off my hips! Yeah!
Sgrealtor1 is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #40  
Senior Member
 
catlady1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 793

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default

Anniepoo: So glad that you don't have to go through major surgeries. So MAD that they were such idiots and made you go through major stress. Hugs, hugs, hugs!!
catlady1981 is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 06:23 PM   #41  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Seattle
Posts: 16

S/C/G: 220/178/170

Height: 5"7

Default Staying motivated!

Hi everyone,

I had my WI today and I was down another 4lbs! That is even with my TOM starting today! That brings the grand total to 22lbs in 6 weeks! I am so happy and motivated, I'm finally below 200. Woo Hoo! Congrats to everyone else who had losses this week and hang in there to those who didn't. It works!
SlimminginSeattle is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 06:24 PM   #42  
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,943

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Anniepoo - great news but sorry you had to hear it that way. Been sending good thoughts your way!
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 06:47 PM   #43  
IP start date: 6/23/14
 
nat1015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 326

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Default

Do most people that start out over 200 pounds have 4 IP packets a day? I have been using 3. I'm wondering if I should add 1 each day. I tried to search but was having no luck.

Last edited by nat1015; 07-31-2014 at 06:47 PM.
nat1015 is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 07:12 PM   #44  
Member
 
Fairybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 51

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default AWESOME for YOU!!!

that is a great accomplishment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppertree View Post
Today is my 6 month IP anniversary, and I made it to 199. What a fantastic way to celebrate!

It just hit me what a change to under 200 means when I went to an online hydration calculator to see what my new recommended water intake is, and I didn't have to change the first digit in the drop-down to a "2". It is small thing, but very thrilling to me!

I feel like getting to 199 also marks a new beginning for me in phase 1. I am excited to continue to goal and will continue to rely on all the information I get from this board - I don't post much, but I read everyday. Thank you everyone!
Fairybell is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 07:17 PM   #45  
Member
 
Fairybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 51

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Checkin it

Hi everyone - what a nice bunch of posts! I have been uber busy of late and not been checking in so often. Needed a boost today though and I was missing all of the good vibes Cannot believe that it is the last day of July already...
Fairybell is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.