Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 12:21 PM   #16  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default salad dressings

Ok I was trying to master mind my salads. And I know that I make bad choices with food and that is how I ended up being almost 300lbs. So, need some insight here.

I cannot stand WF. Cannot do it!!!!!

At the start made my own dressings and still like to but heading into my very busy time of year and sometimes just need to grab. making my own dressing using oils i end up with about 80-150 calories, 10-14 g fat, 0 carb, 0 sugar.

Found a few store bought dressings (ceasar and blue cheese)

blue: 40 cal/ 4g fat /.5 carb/ .5 sugar

salsa: 30 cal /2.5 fat / 1.5 carb / 1 g sugar

Am I wrong in thinking that these are not ok alternatives for every once in a while? Yes, there are some slight carbs and sugar but way lower cal and fat. And sugar not the main ingredient, very far down the list.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:29 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppertree View Post
Today is my 6 month IP anniversary, and I made it to 199. What a fantastic way to celebrate!

It just hit me what a change to under 200 means when I went to an online hydration calculator to see what my new recommended water intake is, and I didn't have to change the first digit in the drop-down to a "2". It is small thing, but very thrilling to me!

I feel like getting to 199 also marks a new beginning for me in phase 1. I am excited to continue to goal and will continue to rely on all the information I get from this board - I don't post much, but I read everyday. Thank you everyone!
Congratulations Peppertree! Under 200 is awesome!!! Can't wait until I get there myself!
Old 07-31-2014, 12:36 PM   #18  
Start: 5/7/14

S/C/G: 205/137/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
I have been trying to find what I can put in WATER to that would be ok on Ideal Protein. I was using true lemon and stevia (way to much stevia) I am not in keto because of the stevia. I tried finding info on internet but could not find it.
Thanks
We use MIO. Not for all water - usually at home at night. Sometimes cucumber water - just water w/ slices of cucumber floating in it.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:37 PM   #19  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy72 View Post
Congratulations Peppertree! Under 200 is awesome!!! Can't wait until I get there myself!
Thank you! You'll get there, too!
Old 07-31-2014, 12:52 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Today is my 6 month IP anniversary, and I made it to 199. What a fantastic way to celebrate!

It just hit me what a change to under 200 means when I went to an online hydration calculator to see what my new recommended water intake is, and I didn't have to change the first digit in the drop-down to a "2". It is small thing, but very thrilling to me!

I feel like getting to 199 also marks a new beginning for me in phase 1. I am excited to continue to goal and will continue to rely on all the information I get from this board - I don't post much, but I read everyday. Thank you everyone!

Fantastic!!!

I cannot wait to get under 200!! I feel like i've been stuck in the 230's Forever!! One of my mini goals is to get under 220, then under 200.

WAY TO GO!!!
Old 07-31-2014, 12:54 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

GREAT NSV's Ladies!!

Happy 6 mth annivsary Peppertree and congratulations on Onderland!!

Lala, I am not an expert on salad dressings but I usually use this as an opportunity to get my oil in so will make my own dressing with some tbs olivi oil, white vinigar, and mustard (which is 0/0/0)
or oil, vinigar, crushed garlic, salt/pepper and orgenano.
check the recipe threads you may find some more ideas. A few weeks ago on daily chats people were posting a lot of salad dressing ideas cuz the general experience is WF sucks.

I have gone back to eating IP mushroom soup which I haven't had in months for lunch just to change things up a bit. Actually kind of nice to have at work with the air conditioning in our building set to freezing. I find that I am no longer hot at work since losing the weight.

Have a good day!
Old 07-31-2014, 01:00 PM   #22  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I cannot wait to get under 200!! I feel like i've been stuck in the 230's Forever!! One of my mini goals is to get under 220, then under 200.

WAY TO GO!!!
I understand feeling stuck. Getting to 199 felt like a struggle (in reality, the "slow down" leading up to it only lasted about a week), and I've felt like that a few times before - especially when I'm trying to drop down to a new set of numbers. If you're following the program, all you can do is relax and let it happen in its own time. (Easier said than done, I know! I've spent the last week cursing at my scale and crying to my husband!).
Old 07-31-2014, 01:00 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcart1618 View Post
Not sure if this is from IP, but since lunch time yesterday, I've had a complete disinterest in food. I was bad and didn't get it my 2 cups at lunch, and didn't finish my protein for dinner (and forgot my dinner supplements). This morning I had to call in sick as I've had terrible stomach cramps all morning.
Hoping this is just a bug or something!

Congrats to everyone else for their NSV'S! You're all my inspiration!
Sounds like keto flu. You still need to eat everything. Make a plan today to stick to it.
I plan "tomorrow" while I'm finishing dinner dishes. Then I know if I need anything from the store.
When I first started, my IP packets & vitamins were in ziplocs labeled for each day of the week

Things that help keto flu: Extra salt or chicken boullion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
I have been trying to find what I can put in WATER to that would be ok on Ideal Protein. I was using true lemon and stevia (way to much stevia) I am not in keto because of the stevia. I tried finding info on internet but could not find it.
Too much stevia? Are you using the liquid drops (see Sweetleaf brand). The liquid doesn't have carb fillers like the powder does & won't affect ketosis.

Yesterday I made a mint infusion (not really tea because there is no tea in it). I picked mint from my garden and put it in a gallon jug. Poured in boliing water & steeped it. I'm drinking the mint water today. The same thing can be done with whole ginger root.

Can also make lemon water, lime water, cucumber water.
The true lemon/lime also has trace carbs so if you use a lot of it, you're adding carbs. I count each one as 1 carb and each sweetener packet as a carb.

Even Mio will affect losses eventually so try really hard to move toward plain water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
Ok I was trying to master mind my salads. And I know that I make bad choices with food and that is how I ended up being almost 300lbs. So, need some insight here.

I cannot stand WF. Cannot do it!!!!!

At the start made my own dressings and still like to but heading into my very busy time of year and sometimes just need to grab. making my own dressing using oils i end up with about 80-150 calories, 10-14 g fat, 0 carb, 0 sugar.

Found a few store bought dressings (ceasar and blue cheese)

blue: 40 cal/ 4g fat /.5 carb/ .5 sugar

salsa: 30 cal /2.5 fat / 1.5 carb / 1 g sugar

Am I wrong in thinking that these are not ok alternatives for every once in a while? Yes, there are some slight carbs and sugar but way lower cal and fat. And sugar not the main ingredient, very far down the list.
Why don't you mix up a big bottle of your own dressing?
Then you can measure out 2 tsp per day to use on your salads, which is your oil allotment. We're really not supposed to use those other dressings with added fat/carbs right now. And you're right. Some of the WF tastes ICKY!

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-31-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:02 PM   #24  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:

Woohoo! W.T.G! I am SO looking forward to seeing 199 on the scale. Keep on keeping on!
Old 07-31-2014, 01:48 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 163/141/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 54 yrs old

Lala2therescue: Don't forget you can change up your dressings a bit with different add ins/spices.
Greek: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/greek-seasoning-blend/
Indian: http://magazine.fourseasons.com/trav...dian-cuisine/2
Asian: Use a tiny bit of stevia drops instead of honey: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/asian-ginger-dressing/

If you have any WF you want to get rid of, you can perhaps add a bit to your own dressing recipe such as BBQ sauce or Peanut Spread or use a bit of the Strawberry or Blueberry spread if you can get it emulsified in a blender/bullit.

Liana
Old 07-31-2014, 01:55 PM   #26  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Default You are never going to believe this

So I went in to the appointment this morning. I was expecting the surgeon, oncologist, and radiologist. Nope, just a nurse. She sat me down and said, "I'm afraid you've been misled."

Wait, WHAT!?

The results show a genetic abnormality. Everyone there jumped to the conclusion that this meant I was BRCA positive.

But then they read the paperwork. (I so appreciate them reading the paperwork AFTER calling me yesterday and telling me that I was going to need whole-body surgery and to immediately alert my relatives of their imminent danger, etc. Awesome.)

The paperwork explains that I have a genetic abnormality, but that it might not be cancer-related. So this is being considered a false positive, maybe.

I just sat there, stunned. I wanted to sob or puke or punch someone.

(The nurse told me to go home and eat some chocolate. Then I REALLY wanted to punch her. haha.)

(Thank goodness for orange wafer bars...)

In the meantime, Clarence the Tumor is still massive and still needs to come out.

As I was driving home, my surgeon called me. No one had told him yet about the false positive, so he was talking to me about mastectomies and reconstruction. I had to stop him to fill him in on what I had just learned. He was astonished, though he'd heard of this before so he kinda talked me through it. He thinks I should go ahead and have the lumpectomy (that I still have scheduled for tomorrow) and let the rest of this work itself out. He does not believe that this will turn out to be a cancer gene.

So... yeah. Sorry for all the drama yesterday. I think I have whiplash. I cannot even begin to tell you how much all of your kindness and support have meant to me! Thanks for letting me rant--again--to you!

I know that this is good news. Or, at least, it's probably good news. Even so, I still want to puke. Thanks again. You guys are amazing. (And staying OP with a simple lumpectomy will be so much easier than the major surgeries I thought I was facing!)
Old 07-31-2014, 01:57 PM   #27  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Make it back from Jamaica. I did pretty well. Not 100% but I didn't go off the rails either. I'm waiting to weigh myself on Sat (my normal WI day) so I don't freak. Now it's back to the grind and 100% OP.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:13 PM   #28  

Height: 5'7"

Anniepoo So happy to hear your good news. Can't imagine how angry you must be over the whole thing though. Sending you prayers for your surgery tomorrow. You are such a trooper!!
Old 07-31-2014, 02:14 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 163/141/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 54 yrs old

Anniepoo! WOW, it's a good thing they re-read everything BEFORE the surgeries! I can't blame you for wanting to punch someone... I might have in your position.
Well, that's good - Clarence will still be 'shown the door' and you will have a big stressor lifted off you!

Take several big deep breaths in a row...

Liana
Old 07-31-2014, 02:33 PM   #30  

Anipoo: OMG! Nobody thought to read anything BEFORE calling the patient! I'm mad for you! (want me to call them and tell them off? ) What horrible "bedside manner"! I so wish doctors would get more training in things like compassion!

I'm so sorry this is all happening to you.

You are certainly staying strong!
Sending my best wishes and suggestions for some deep breaths when dealing with these educated idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
Make it back from Jamaica. I did pretty well. Not 100% but I didn't go off the rails either. I'm waiting to weigh myself on Sat (my normal WI day) so I don't freak. Now it's back to the grind and 100% OP.
Very smart to give the water weight a few days to subside. Then you'll know if you actually gained fat or not. Hopefully you started P1 immediately and didn't wait for "tomorrow".

One of our maintainers took a p1 break for a trip and had already coached herself that "wheels down" meant p1 restart. No waiting til the next day.

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-31-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Closed Thread