Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 05:58 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Wednesday 7/30/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-30-2014, 07:13 AM   #2  

Day 3 of my p1 restart after a long hiatus for health reasons. The long term use of IP wreaked havoc on my thyroid.

I didn't get a restart weight b/c my only home scale is my wii fit. I dropped the console on my tile floor and it isn't working correctly. I have a scale at the gym but suspended July membership for vacation.

If IP has taught me ANYTHING, it is patience with weight loss so the whole WI thing doesn't bother me at all. I know I'm dropping mostly water anyway & probably didn't need to see the inflated number. I've learned not to try to micromanage the number anyway.

I sure wish I could get back to the gym. My back is bugging me and a water aerobic class would be great! I may call today regarding getting back in a couple days early. It must have been the long car ride b/c my back is usually not like this these days. It sure was prior to losing 90 lbs!!

Days 1&2 were super simple. Hoping today is also. I woke up unusually hungry so we'll see what the day brings.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:30 AM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you on the restart Lisa!

Long car rides always do my back in (I had a spinal fusion a couple of years ago). Stopping and stretching a lot helps but I'm the impatient sort - I just want to get where we're going!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good luck on your restart Lisa!

Good day for me as I WI tomorrow and I put a skirt on today that would not go over my hips a few weeks ago. Today slipped right on....makes me happy. So even though I can't see changes this week, I know it's working.

I'm still a newbie to the program so I may just be in the honeymoon phase lol, but I am enjoying cooking new foods and finding new receipes here to try. Hopefully I can keep this up! Vacation in 2 weeks. Wedding in California in October that I would love to be 20 lbs less for..... I can do this.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:40 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Sgrealtor1 - congrats on the skirt! Isn't it great?

I still enjoy playing with new foods and finding ways to make old favorite recipes work. I think that's one of the greatest things I've found since starting IP - I'm actually enjoying food more than I did before I lost weight. When I just shoved anything that I felt like in my mouth I didn't really appreciate the individual flavors and textures (although it tasted good, dh is a great chef). Now I pay attention to how I'm fueling my body and want to make every meal count as both healthful and tasty. Make sense?
Old 07-30-2014, 07:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Lisa: Regarding your re-start...I'm wishing you (and your thyroid!) nothing but a swift, downhill and, hopefully, bump-free journey to goal
Old 07-30-2014, 08:12 AM   #7  

Good morning!
Wishing you all the best on your restart, Lisa! You are a valuable member of this community, for sure!

Today is a busy day for me but I prefer it that way. The more I have to do, the less time I have to get into trouble, lol. I am anxiously watching the progress of my life planner on the Erin Condren website. It should print tomorrow or Friday and ship out on Friday afternoon. Then a long week wait for it to get here from California! I am so excited for it to finally come. I know it sounds silly but at least I have something to look forward to!

Have a great OP day, everyone!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 168.8/136.4./130

Height: 5'2''

Boy, didn't like reading that IP can wreak your thyroid. Would appreciate a bit more info on that.
I have a question about ketosis. I read different posts about what it can do to breath odor, or taste in your mouth, however I don't feel that I am experiencing that. Today is my 8th day and still my pee strips are either normal or trace. Any thoughts?
Old 07-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommamma View Post
Boy, didn't like reading that IP can wreak your thyroid. Would appreciate a bit more info on that.
I have a question about ketosis. I read different posts about what it can do to breath odor, or taste in your mouth, however I don't feel that I am experiencing that. Today is my 8th day and still my pee strips are either normal or trace. Any thoughts?
Re: Thyroid
It isn't just IP that can cause thyroid problems. It is any very low calorie diet but expecially very low carb. Most people rebound quicker than I did.

The body naturally lowers metabolism in response to less fuel. This is a function of the thyroid.

Re: Ketosis
Those strips don't work for everyone & after a while on IP may not work at all b/c the body gets very efficient at processing the ketones and no longer excretes them in urine.

There are lots of ketosis symptoms. Google for a list. Not everyone gets each one.

And even if you don't reach ketosis for some strange reason, you'll still lose weight on such a low cal diet.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As I said in my first post, we don't need to micromanage it. We don't need to weigh daily to see how many oz we lost or monitor ketosis. This is the stuff that drives dieters crazy. Just follow the sheet. It works. Any delays are usually short-lived. A true stall would be 4-6 weeks of no changes on scale or measuring tape, while following the plan 100%
Old 07-30-2014, 09:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

GraceRev- When I reach my mini goal of losing 50 lbs I am ordering me a life planner from Erin Condren!!

Lisa- You are a true inspiration. Thank you for all that you share and do for us!! I especially needed to hear this, "As I said in my first post, we don't need to micromanage it. We don't need to weigh daily to see how many oz we lost or monitor ketosis. This is the stuff that drives dieters crazy. Just follow the sheet. It works. Any delays are usually short-lived. A true stall would be 4-6 weeks of no changes on scale or measuring tape, while following the plan 100%" I've been getting frustrated at my slow loss, "only" losing 1 lb for the past two WI's. I am impatient and was begining to think that I had to be doing something wrong even though I have been 100% OP with NO cheats at all for the entire time. But I do know my body and I know that for some reason it likes to hold on and then drop it all at once. So I am confident (somewhat) that my big loss will be coming. But if it doesn't that's ok too. Because although it may "only" be a lb it's still a loss. And I am committed to doing this for the long haul.

So glad to be on this journey with you all!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
GraceRev- When I reach my mini goal of losing 50 lbs I am ordering me a life planner from Erin Condren!!

Lisa- You are a true inspiration. Thank you for all that you share and do for us!! I especially needed to hear this, "As I said in my first post, we don't need to micromanage it. We don't need to weigh daily to see how many oz we lost or monitor ketosis. This is the stuff that drives dieters crazy. Just follow the sheet. It works. Any delays are usually short-lived. A true stall would be 4-6 weeks of no changes on scale or measuring tape, while following the plan 100%" I've been getting frustrated at my slow loss, "only" losing 1 lb for the past two WI's. I am impatient and was begining to think that I had to be doing something wrong even though I have been 100% OP with NO cheats at all for the entire time. But I do know my body and I know that for some reason it likes to hold on and then drop it all at once. So I am confident (somewhat) that my big loss will be coming. But if it doesn't that's ok too. Because although it may "only" be a lb it's still a loss. And I am committed to doing this for the long haul.

So glad to be on this journey with you all!!!

Kelly I hear you on the stalls. There is one thing I think of when I do (I have stalled in the past two weeks because of cheating), if the scale isn't going up and I am holding at the same weight then my body is at least adjusting to this lower weight. In my mind if it went up that would mean my metabolism hasn't changed but holding means it is liking it and isn't going to regain. That may not be scientific but that's how I put a positive spin on it and it gives me incentive to keep going and not get down. Like for instance I didn't go up this morning after my colossal slip yesterday...(yes I am in denial and it may still bump up ) so my body is happy as long as I get back on track and don't go hog wild and go off plan. That makes me a happy girl. So now I am back on track today and going for the next two lbs this week!

Oh and Lisa is our guru whether she wants to be or not.

By the way.... I have read lots about hair loss on here but maybe I missed it but I haven't heard WHY people lose hair on this diet. Anyone want to fill me in?
Old 07-30-2014, 10:20 AM   #12  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!! I so look forward to my vanilla RTD mixed with coffee in the mornings. I drink it after I get to work so I'm up for a couple hours, park at my parking garage (a mile away from my office), walk to the office, get settled and make it. It's soooo good!

GraceRev - Your face looks SO thin in your new avatar photo!!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Day 3 of my p1 restart after a long hiatus for health reasons. The long term use of IP wreaked havoc on my thyroid.

If IP has taught me ANYTHING, it is patience with weight loss so the whole WI thing doesn't bother me at all. I know I'm dropping mostly water anyway & probably didn't need to see the inflated number. I've learned not to try to micromanage the number anyway.

I sure wish I could get back to the gym. My back is bugging me and a water aerobic class would be great! I may call today regarding getting back in a couple days early. It must have been the long car ride b/c my back is usually not like this these days. It sure was prior to losing 90 lbs!!

Days 1&2 were super simple. Hoping today is also. I woke up unusually hungry so we'll see what the day brings.
Lisa - I am so impressed with your disciplined and calm approach to all this. I am such an emotionally charged person that I end up feeling all over the place with getting back onto the program.

I am glad you and I are going through the "return" together because I may soak up some of your attitude. Couldn't hurt.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!

I just have to say after reading around for a few days that those of you who have been at this a while are amazing, I'm learning so much about things I need to work on. Like patience, that's always been a challenge although I got better at it when I became a mom.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:34 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena1966 View Post
By the way.... I have read lots about hair loss on here but maybe I missed it but I haven't heard WHY people lose hair on this diet. Anyone want to fill me in?
There is a hair loss thread and it is explained there. It isn't just this diet, rather any very low cal diets.
Closed Thread