3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 7/30/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/298221-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-7-30-2014-a.html)

evemomma 07-30-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny38 (Post 5048771)
Happy Wednesday

Schnectady - I read yesterday that your son is doing better, so happy for him and your family. What a horrible thing to go thru.

Lisa- Sounds like you have re started no problem which is great. I hope that you get the results that you want and your thyroid is working better. You have done such an awesome job losing 90lbs and then maintaining for many many months. Hope your back is feeling better soon.

Evemomma - congratulations on being so close to your goal!

I don't know what is going with me, if it is diet fatigue or my fear of success or what. Clearly i need more therapy! I feel i am so close to my goal that I can "edit" my plan and go off and then be anoyed that I didn't lose weight. I think that I am afraid of leaving phase 1 so perhaps am acting out to stay on it??? Either way time to kick self in butt and get back on plan. I think I will need to do the extra week of phase 1 and don't think starting phase 2 on holiday will be the best choice anyway. I will talk to my coack friday and see.

Thanks Jenny!

You've done so amazing......I think catching yourself now before you slip too far is great. Do you think you really are scared of phasing off? I know I am....I was all to happy to let me coach talk me into staying on P1 for two more weeks because P1 is my safety net.

The Beck Diet Solution Book tells us to listen (and argue) with our rationalizing thoughts about breaking our diet plan. What do you think your rationalizations are/were? You have also been SO active, do you think that maybe your body is just craving more calories because of that?

Take care!

pishposhappelsauce 07-30-2014 02:36 PM

I am convinced that all of the fat stored in the recesses of my belly and thighs is made of pure hormones....because, holy acne batman. My chin and jawline are super broken out and PAINFUL. I usually don't have any issues with adult acne just the mild blemish here and there. I had hoped I'd be in the clear once TOM left, but just in the last day or two BAM, pizza face. Can I just hide in my house until maintenance?

Sheena1966 07-30-2014 04:38 PM

Thanks for the info on the hair loss ladies! :)

randygrl 07-30-2014 06:46 PM

Sorry it has been awhile since I have posted but it has been a busy week for me and the hubby. I spent the whole weekend at our local fair helping with the quilt entries and judging before our fair starts this Friday. I did really well until Monday and Tuesday. I am not sure if it was poor planning, hitting an ugh moment, or what but we were not 100%. Today has been a lot better and I have my weigh in on Friday morning so we will see how much damage we did. Oh well, just pick ourselves up and start again.

How do you make pictures on your computer small enough to upload in order to share?

canadjineh 07-30-2014 07:05 PM

This one's for you, Jenny38: :kickbutt:
Seriously though, it is an NSV that you can analyze and figure out why you might be self sabotaging, and begin to work on it...
Hang in there! You will come off victorious!
Liana

canadjineh 07-30-2014 07:14 PM

I just got an email notice from my clinic that the peanut soy puffs are back... not sure if they are gluten free so I will have to ask, but the suggestion was to mix them with the chocolate puffs and end up with a peanut butter cup tasting snack - use half one day and half the next. Sounds like an IP possibility for me if they are GF. :crossed:
My favorite chocolate is Reeses PB Cups (after Lindt 90% dark chocolate, lol) - my junk chocolate and not quality chocolate choice, hahaha. :chockiss:

Liana

12Anniepoo 07-30-2014 07:17 PM

Hi, my dear IP friends. Today I got the phone call I've been waiting for about my BRCA test. It came back positive. I have the breast/ovarian cancer gene. So now I'm looking at a bilateral mastectomy and eventually a hysterectomy. What a whirlwind this has been, and it's just beginning. Still, it's nice to finally have answers. I meet with the oncologist, surgeon, and radiologist tomorrow to figure out when and what. The only real urgency is to get Clarence (yes, I named my tumor "Clarence"--that's normal, right?) out. But rather than remove Clarence and then later have another surgery for the mastectomy, we'll just do it all at once.

Between this and my TOM (it's awesome to get big news like this when your hormones are all whacked out...), my initial reaction to all of this shock was to search for comfort food. With four young children in my home, there's plenty of snacky stuff to choose from. Luckily I stopped myself. I couldn't think of a single IP product that I wanted to eat either, though, so I just didn't eat at all. I guess that means I'm not technically OP, but not eating seemed better than junk-eating!

Anyway, that's my news. Thanks for all the incredible support. I'm feeling very zen about it all (now that I've gotten past the initial shock), but I do worry for my kids. We're looking at a long period of surgery and recovery and that's not easy for little ones. But we'll be fine. My in-laws are nearby and are super helpful, so the kids will be taken care of.

I don't know how likely it will be to stay OP for all of this. So far, I'm determined, but I haven't heard doctor's orders yet! They won't make me give up my boobs AND my Ideal Protein, right!? :D

Jenny38 07-30-2014 07:21 PM

Thanks Evemoma and Canadjineh,
I think I am afraid of phasing off. My rationalizations were "I deserved it" likely for working out or being so close to goal. My more balanced thoughts today are I have done well and will celebrate in other non food ways, I deserve to be success, and I can do this, I will do this. I think for me there has been such comfort in phase 1 and the reality is maintenance will be more challenging. Oh well one day at a time.

I'm ordering beck diet solution tomorrow!

canadjineh 07-30-2014 07:23 PM

Oh Anniepoo, feeling for you right now, but it is so great that you checked this out and did not live in denial until too late. We can easily live without a uterus and boobs, lol. I've never quite understood why some people feel so attached to those parts of their bodies when they have to lose them for their life sake. But still I guess there is a grieving process with any loss. It is wonderful that you have your lovely kids already and don't have to think about what you may be missing out on family-wise, if you had not already had them. I am so glad you have helpful relatives close by to assist you with recovery and child care!
Hugs from all of us, you will get through this with flying colours! :grouphug:

Liana

Jenny38 07-30-2014 07:31 PM

Annie

Sending you lots of positive and energy in your journey. I can't imagine what it was like hearing all the results but it sounds like you have a good plan and great family support. All of us are here to support you:hug:

catlady1981 07-30-2014 07:37 PM

Annie: Sending you good thoughts and hugs. You are one strong lady. :hug:

GraceRev 07-30-2014 07:45 PM

Sending love and prayers, Annie!

evemomma 07-30-2014 07:57 PM

Annie.....many prayers during a continued rough time. Big hugs!

Jenny......You DO deserve so much (and so much more than what food can give you)! Even though maintenance is the SCARY unknown, it is also a wonderful plan to add back the pleasure of food in a healthy way. I think you'll really like the Beck Diet Solution Book as I remember you are a mental health professional like me.

I keep thinking that maintenance is a lot like alcohol/drug addiction recovery: there is a BIG learning curve and almost always relapses as a person learns to operate within their new perimeters.

You've got this!!!!!!

IP43 07-30-2014 08:33 PM

Annie--Thank you for sharing your news with us because you have been in our thoughts and prayers and we've been worrying about you. I think your quick action and your positive attitude are going to go a long way to helping you overcome this hurdle.

I think it's amazing that you are still trying to stay OP and keep all of your health focus positive -- but if there is a day you need chocolate, YOU JUST HAVE IT! :hug:

Stanski 07-30-2014 08:57 PM

Annie; so glad you shared with us. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there....a good attitude will get you through anything!!!!!