Old 08-19-2014, 10:14 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Ruth Ann; take a vacation! You deserve it! You've had an amazing year of losing all that weight and have worked hard. Its amazing what a little time off can do!
Hawaii69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:47 AM   #77  

Hawaii69...thank you for the support. And you are absolutely right, we do seem to have those days. Today is not one of those days for me and looking back I am so thankful for IP...that I have the tools to be in control and that I have this forum to share, learn, contribute, and sometimes just plain vent. In just 24 hours, I feel as if I have more strength and a greater sense of self-awareness. I was easily able to identify yesterday that I was in the dumps and not react with food like I would have several years ago. Rather, I took care of myself and made the right decisions knowing that IP works.

RuthAnn...thank you as well. I do need a whoosh fairy and would gladly take her. The scale this morning was the same but I am dealing with the BIG C and only about a week out from TOM. Fun hormonal stuff! I am with Hawaii...you DESERVE a vacation! You have been accomplished so much and given so much support to others. I hope you will consider it!

Today marks 21 days OP and it has flown by. I have said it before and I will say it again, I am so grateful for IP and the tools it has given me. I am almost two years into maintenance (as of December) and while I have had to reevaluate at times and spend some time here and there in phase 1, it has been more than worth it!

Wishing you all a great Tuesday! Cheers!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:41 AM   #78  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! Long time no "see". I've definitely missed the check ins. It's been a big month...moving back to nyc, getting unpacked and situated and of course all the welcome back drinks/dinners.
Things have been going ok...the increased amount of walking has helped with the increased calories. I'm still writing down all my food so I can see where 2-3 days of dinners out with wine worked, but as I got too confident and 3 became 7, and my morning walks in the park got sidetracked, so did my maintaining. Live and learn. I'm up about 4 from goal so I'm back on a more conscious plan again. I have found that the increased food/alcohol make P1 days harder than they used to be. I think I got a little over-confident when the pounds stayed off initially. And, I think not having a check-in here or at the clinic may have added to the too laid back attitude.
Conscious eating starts again now
I'm so happy to still see all the successful maintainers here...I hope to be more regular with reading and check-ins.
Happy hump day!
vachinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:15 AM   #79  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I'm working on the vacation - just got a bunch of other stuff going on right now. I'll get there - hopefully before my brain shuts down completely!

eandc - hormonal stuff is never fun. Hang in there!

vachinyc - Good to see you! Glad you got settled in and that you caught the "up" pounds before they became more. It's a big adjustment learning how to maintain and I think paying attention is so important.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #80  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Hi fellow maintainers. I am enjoying lots of walks around the beach. I even did a yoga class next to the beach..which was very humbling as it was filled with 20 year olds who were more advanced than I.

I am dealing with family health issues which are very stressful. Fortunately I am not turning to food.

Eandc: The return of students is always crazy. I am sorry you have a difficult supervisor. You are doing great to lose those 8 pounds.

Hawaii: Hawaii is just as beautiful as ever. It makes exercise so much more fun.

RuthAnn : I hope you do get your vacation! Your maintenance is going well.

Vachinyc: It is good to hear from you. Your idea of conscious eating is a good tool. We all go through periods when we know we should get motivated and work on up pounds, but just let them coast awhile.

Last edited by Maile; 08-20-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #81  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Glad you are having a nice vacation Maile! I'm working on getting one in. Sorry to hear you are dealing with family health problems though, sometimes I think those are worse than dealing with our own health problems. At least when it's us we can feel somewhat in control. Dealing with some family members health issues myself right now and, like you, I am cautious with myself to not turn to food. Not always an easy thing to do, but it sounds like you are doing it well.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:18 PM   #82  

Maile...sorry to hear about your family members health concerns. I agree with RuthAnn...it is sometimes harder than battling our own. You have such strength and commitment to your health and I admire that. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us.

And Hawaii I just love and enjoy. Beautiful weather sure does make it easy to be more active. I know I find myself energized when in a nice climate.

Today has been a STRUGGLE again. I am on the verge of tears at work and really cannot take it anymore. We will see what the future holds but in the meantime I am trying to ask myself what lessons I can learn and how can I be my best self despite all the is going on around me. I would have never imagined being in a position like this. I can feel myself becoming less everyday by being here.

The scale hasn't moved but that doesn't mean it won't eventually. Last night I made oatmeal zucchini muffins and they turned out soggy (see everything seems to be down in the dumps lately LOL) I have had a serious case of the hungries going on and ate one but I am sure that it is not responsible for not losing. Stayed the same for over a week now and I am still waking up puffy with my ring tight on my finger...and drink tons of water.

Just gonna hang in there.

I hope you all are well and enjoying your day. Happy its Thursday tmrw. DH has a bachelor party this weekend (all day Saturday) and given everything going on with me lately, I booked a facial and body scrub at the spa. Ahhhhh, I need stress relief!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi to all the gals:
eandc: Hang on, work stress will definitely keep our body from losing, but you aren't really gaining either, just 'puffy,' so you know your whoosh will happen sooner or later to get back to goal. Do you have any other work options? Keep doing what you can to pamper yourself and reduce the stress - spa day is a perfect idea!

Good to hear from you again, vachinyc!

Maile... I'm not talking to you - YOU are in Hawaii... and I'm NOT.

We leave for the coast in a couple of days for the big 'family meeting' - not really looking forward to this, but it has to be done. Like taking medicine, it will feel better afterward... All the siblings and DH's mum will have a hashed out plan for her declining years, if I may be so grim. Better figured out now than later...

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #84  
Started IP 04/22/2013

eandc2006 - a spa day sounds wonderful! Sometimes just pampering yourself can give you a huge lift. I'm sneaking out of the office a couple of hours early today to get my hair cut (it seriously needs it) and that gives me a chance to visit with my sister (we schedule hair and nail appointments at the same time so we get time together).

Sounds like a really rough time at work, wish I had great words for you but sometimes you just have to battle through and make the best decisions you can.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:07 AM   #85  

Take a selfie after your cut, Ruth Ann... inquiring minds want to see... Maybe a picture with your sis?
That's smart to schedule combo visit & pampering, really something to look forward to.

Maile, I hope your family health concerns get figured out - finding the best pathway for all members through the maze of options that there can be out there. Sometimes it's hard to know what to do, other than just being there for them, which is very important in itself. Support Hugs for you.

Liana
Old 08-21-2014, 11:40 AM   #86  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

You are all so sweet and your kindness cheered my up. My mom is 94 and is very weak from pneumonia. I am trying as hard as I can to set things up for her living situation.

Canadinjeh: Good luck on that difficult family visit. Elderly people do not always like advice on their declining years. Yes, it does involve all family members with many discussions and different ideas. And right now I seem to be the one who is doing the actions. I forgot to tell you that I was glad to hear that your schedule will change and that you will see your husband more.

eandc: I am so glad you are taking a spa day. Your work sounds so difficult. It must be hard to keep going in everyday. Hugs to you. I hope you can find some solution. There is little doubt that being stressed sets off all sorts of hormones and affects your body.

Ruthann: I wish you well in dealing with your family issues. Yes, they can be harder and out of my control. I am glad we are both not turning to food, but I can feel my energy is lower. I appreciate your support.

I found a good article entitled The Seven Ways that your Scale lies to you. It is a good read. You all might like the comment that you should not trust the scale during your period. Also with the time change, my weigh ins are off in terms of time and meals by 3 hours.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...es.asp?id=1951

Last edited by Maile; 08-21-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #87  

Great article, Maile! Thx for the link.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:37 PM   #88  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Great article Maile!

And I just realized I'm an idiot. I am always super hungry after PT and found myself making not so good choices. It suddenly dawned on me today that maybe it would be a good idea to eat my breakfast after PT? Seriously, I was rushing around this morning trying to get breakfast in before my 7 a.m. PT appointment and it wasn't until just now that I thought not eating before PT. One of those "duh" moments
Old 08-21-2014, 03:27 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

I have been pretty sick since the tag sale, a respiratory virus. And now ... 4 cold sores!!! Food choices have not been perfect, but I am below my goal. Trying to get a lot of sleep and relax. School starts on Monday, praying that the mess on my face clears up before then. I am such a vain little thing about my face.

Maile, I will pray for you to have strength and more support in helping your Mother. Hope her health improves soon.

Ruth Ann, have fun with your sister. Enjoy your getting your hair and nail done. You deserve some TLC. How about eating a yogurt or bar before PT and saving your breakfast for after?

EandC- I am so sorry that you are dealing with such a difficult work situation

Liana, wishing you a peaceful family meeting.

Vachinyc- so nice to see you. We all have busier social times, but you are working the program by reigning it in. Are you enjoying being back in the city
now that the stress of the move is done?
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:47 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Great article Maile! I agreed with all the points! And like it said at the end, don't always rely on the scale, use another way to see your loss, like measuring which is great motivation. Every week that I lost weight, I was just as excited to see those inches go down as the scale go down.

Sorry to hear of your Moms health issue Maile, its hard to see loved ones sick. Good to have a plan Liane, not always fun to deal with. Hope those darn cold sores go away for you Slip, I just got rid of one and it was nasty. You're not an idiot Ruth Ann, we all those 'Aha' moments! At least we have them!hee hee I hope you all have a great day and weekend maintainers!!
Hawaii69 is offline   Reply With Quote