Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 07:08 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Tuesday 7/29/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-29-2014, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 168.8/136.4./130

Height: 5'2''

Morning, I am wondering if there is a second page to the 06/14 phase 1 protocol sheet. I noticed that it does not list the restricted items. Maybe they stayed the same.
Today is the start of my second week. I am pleased with the results of my efforts in the 1st week....down 4.8!
Old 07-29-2014, 07:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

Congratulations on a successful first week ommamma!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:15 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommamma View Post
Morning, I am wondering if there is a second page to the 06/14 phase 1 protocol sheet. I noticed that it does not list the restricted items. Maybe they stayed the same.
Today is the start of my second week. I am pleased with the results of my efforts in the 1st week....down 4.8!
Congrats on your WL on week 1

I'm guessing they left the specific restricted items off the protocol sheet to allow for product changes (additions/discontinuations).
Old 07-29-2014, 08:51 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Congrats on your WL on week 1

I'm guessing they left the specific restricted items off the protocol sheet to allow for product changes (additions/discontinuations).
I think Lisa is right. My coach said they are coming out with an unrestricted oatmeal and pancakes (I think that was it) and bringing back peanutbutter soy puffs. She also said they are going to be increasing the number of gluten free products.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone!
I thought I would share this just in case anyone else encounters a similar situation. I started having trouble staying asleep a few weeks ago. I fell asleep with no problem, but was awake at 2,3,4, and/or 5 am and having a hard time getting back to sleep. After trying lots of different things, my coach finally suggested that I have a bar for my after dinner snack. She wondered if maybe having the extra carbs in my system might help. Well, I am thrilled to say that I have been sleeping so much better since she suggested that change. It's working for now, and I will take that as long as it lasts.
I'm not saying this is a good idea for everyone, but just thought it was worth mentioning. I slept 8 hours last night and only woke up once. It was glorious!

Have a great day!
Old 07-29-2014, 09:18 AM   #7  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I think Lisa is right. My coach said they are coming out with an unrestricted oatmeal and pancakes (I think that was it) and bringing back peanutbutter soy puffs. She also said they are going to be increasing the number of gluten free products.
My clinic has the peanut butter soy puffs (love them, especially as cereal) but we haven't gotten the new sheet yet. I keep forgetting to ask when I go in, but I'm not too worried, what I'm doing is working.

I am determined to be into the 170s next WI. I feel like the 180s have been the most challenging for me both eating-wise and emotionally. My mood seems to have lifted, and things are looking brighter.

I think it has to do with TOM, the weather and probably just feeling good about myself in my new work clothes and my progress. The temp this morning was 61 degrees, feeling like fall. I've always suffered from what I think is reverse SAD. I get majorly depressed and anxious in the summer but feel completely happy and clear of mind in the fall and winter. So, sorry for all you summer lovers out there, but I'm ready for the leaves to start changing!

I also have turned a corner with feeling comfortable with my goal weight. I'm certain that 165 is attainable, maintainable and where I should be. I'll probably continue to lose in P2 & P3 and I plan to work majorly on fitness in P4, which may even put me in the 150s. So with that, I'm extending my ticker today to reflect the official goal.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #8  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Good morning everyone!
I thought I would share this just in case anyone else encounters a similar situation. I started having trouble staying asleep a few weeks ago. I fell asleep with no problem, but was awake at 2,3,4, and/or 5 am and having a hard time getting back to sleep. After trying lots of different things, my coach finally suggested that I have a bar for my after dinner snack. She wondered if maybe having the extra carbs in my system might help. Well, I am thrilled to say that I have been sleeping so much better since she suggested that change. It's working for now, and I will take that as long as it lasts.
I'm not saying this is a good idea for everyone, but just thought it was worth mentioning. I slept 8 hours last night and only woke up once. It was glorious!

Have a great day!
I also went through that for a couple of weeks. My coach suggested taking the multi vita with my afternoon cal mags instead of the evening because the b12 can sometimes get you energized and keep you awake. I did that for a week or two and my sleep patterns got back to normal.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:32 AM   #9  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Week 9 WI and another 2.2lbs gone yahoo!! Really hoping to get into the 160's next week.

GraceRev,
I have had a hard time sleeping too. Normally I could sleep through anything but lately I am up super early. I might have to try having a bar in the evening. I usually have it between lunch and dinner. I have a hard time remembering to have my after dinner snack.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #10  
IP 07/18/14

S/C/G: 197/163.8/145

I am so disappointed in myself. I forgot my packets for today. So I stopped at my clinic, thankfully it wasn't too far out of my way, and grabbed a box that was on my list of "soy free" products. I grabbed pineapple banana drink mix because I had tried one from our exchange bin and liked it. I was starting to feel sick and I was wondering why I was feeling horrible... the packets now contain soy! Ugh!

Now I'm thinking.... How often do they mess with the products? Will I be able to get through this weight loss without having to switch products every couple weeks? Or will they phase out all soy free products?

And all the while my clinic hasn't been too concerned about my allergy. This is really upsetting me and it's very discouraging.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #11  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Oh man, I've been grouchy the past couple of days. I really think whatever hormones my fat is releasing right now is making me extra irritable.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #12  

Good morning!
Staying 100% has paid off with another 2lb loss this week!! I am so close to onederland..hope to get there the next couple of weeks. It is so exciting to be on the verge of weighing less than 200 lbs, I haven't been under 200 in several years.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:51 AM   #13  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Week 9 WI and another 2.2lbs gone yahoo!! Really hoping to get into the 160's next week.
Congrats!! I'm hoping to get in the 160s in the next couple weeks, too. I had a smaller weigh in last week so I'm hoping for a decent one this week. I wanted to hit 160 by September 1st but I don't see me doing it with 1lb loss weeks. So my secondary goal is just to hit my halfway point in my weight loss goal which would have me at like 163. I may be able to hit that before Sept 1.

My 'average' body size has hung around 170 for the past 5 years or so. I have gotten down to the 160s but no further than that in the past 5 years so it should get interesting in the upcoming weeks.

Last edited by kissi; 07-29-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:14 AM   #14  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Congrats!! I'm hoping to get in the 160s in the next couple weeks, too. I had a smaller weigh in last week so I'm hoping for a decent one this week. I wanted to hit 160 by September 1st but I don't see me doing it with 1lb loss weeks. So my secondary goal is just to hit my halfway point in my weight loss goal which would have me at like 163. I may be able to hit that before Sept 1.

My 'average' body size has hung around 170 for the past 5 years or so. I have gotten down to the 160s but no further than that in the past 5 years so it should get interesting in the upcoming weeks.
Your losses have been better than mine. I am pretty much doing 2 lbs a week. I blew my second or third week can't remember but gained 6 by going off plan for a weekend. I'm going away this weekend and it will be a huge challenge for me. I will bring food with me and do my best to stay OP. I'm going to be with my BF who continually tries his hardest to get me to go off plan. I almost want to just stay home where I know I will behave. I guess I can't stay home forever.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:17 AM   #15  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

GraceRev.....Glad you are sleeping better!!!

PishPosh.......Yay for a new goal in sight....you've got this!!!!

Danijo.......That's awful that your clinic is so unsupportive of your health issues. Is there another clinic close(ish?) that you could move to?

Kissi.....I'm pretty sure that most of my fat has been filled with "ticked off" since I have ALSO struggled with irritability and moodiness this whole time, lol! Hang in there!

NaeNae.....Yay for a great weight loss this week! You're going to be living in onderland before you know it!

Having a pretty good morning. The weather is SUBLIME! Had the windows open....a real treat here (like I can't remember doing it in late July EVER) this time of year.

I decided to be creative with my breakfast this morning and make ProtiDiet Maple Oatmeal pancakes. I added an egg since it wouldn't hold without. I'll give them a "B-" mostly because the insides stayed moist despite me pressing them as thin as possible. Ah well....can't blame a girl for trying!

I'm very curious how my weigh-in tomorrow is going to go. I need to decide if I am going to stick with P1 or move to P2. Fear of the unknown is getting me....as is my perfectionistic self that wants to hit my number before phasing off. BUT I also don't want to devote another 2 weeks with just a small loss, as I suspect that I can hit that kind of loss in P2 also. Anyway....I'm just spinning my wheels. Just pray (if you are so inclined) for peace for me because there is NO logical reason to be stressing about this this morning when I can do absolutely nothing about this yet anyway!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Last edited by evemomma; 07-29-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Closed Thread