Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Seriously guys, I feel like my body just hates me. Last weekend I had been down several pounds, on Tuesday morning when I went to weigh in I was back up one or two but still down about a pound a half overall (on my scale at home). I weighed right before I went to weigh in, and of course their scale had me down only .8. Difference in scales, whatever. I left right after that for vacation where I tried very hard, but was not 100% OP. I came home and weighed, and hadn't gained any weight and I was still in ketosis. I was psyched and got back OP.

Yeah, so today I'm up, which isn't really a surprise since I haven't "gone to the bathroom" since last Wednesday in spite of taking lots of Cal-Mag and breaking down and taking Miralax last night and this morning. I feel like I will never break the 160lb barrier. Or poop again. Does anyone else battle this CONSTANTLY? To be honest, I always have but I rarely go longer than 5 days. My coach told me last week I should be going every day. I pretty much laughed at her.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #17  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Well I don't feel sore from weights yesterday so that's good. I'm going to do arms today before yoga then I'm headed to a town a few hours away my oldest daughter has surgery... she tore her ACL and has to have it replaced... it's going to be a long week. Surgery, fair, work, all night party at work ug!
Old 07-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
I thought I would share this just in case anyone else encounters a similar situation. I started having trouble staying asleep a few weeks ago. I fell asleep with no problem, but was awake at 2,3,4, and/or 5 am and having a hard time getting back to sleep. After trying lots of different things, my coach finally suggested that I have a bar for my after dinner snack. She wondered if maybe having the extra carbs in my system might help. Well, I am thrilled to say that I have been sleeping so much better since she suggested that change. It's working for now, and I will take that as long as it lasts.
I'm not saying this is a good idea for everyone, but just thought it was worth mentioning. I slept 8 hours last night and only woke up once. It was glorious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I also went through that for a couple of weeks. My coach suggested taking the multi vita with my afternoon cal mags instead of the evening because the b12 can sometimes get you energized and keep you awake. I did that for a week or two and my sleep patterns got back to normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I have had a hard time sleeping too. Normally I could sleep through anything but lately I am up super early. I might have to try having a bar in the evening. I usually have it between lunch and dinner. I have a hard time remembering to have my after dinner snack.
Ketosis can be hard on sleep. Magnesium at nite helps a LOT. I take Natural Calm (well, vitacost version) every nite. It also helps keep me regular. If you get some, start with small dose or the next day you could be tied to the house running to the toilet frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijo8806 View Post
I stopped at my clinic, thankfully it wasn't too far out of my way, and grabbed a box that was on my list of "soy free" products. I grabbed pineapple banana drink mix because I had tried one from our exchange bin and liked it. I was starting to feel sick and I was wondering why I was feeling horrible... the packets now contain soy! Ugh!

Now I'm thinking.... How often do they mess with the products? Will I be able to get through this weight loss without having to switch products every couple weeks? Or will they phase out all soy free products?

And all the while my clinic hasn't been too concerned about my allergy. This is really upsetting me and it's very discouraging.
They actually change formulations frequently. I look at the box everytime I purchase. If I were you, I'd contact my coach & say you want a refund b/c you weren't informed about the change. Otherwise you're stuck with something you can't use.

I understand discouraging. I had quite the hissy fit in Jan 2013 when I restricted gluten and soy protein. That decision cut out my favorite IP items. I recovered & rallied and continued to lose weight but initially I had some tears to shed.

You definitely need a clinic that understands how sensitive you are to soy. Tell them if they aren't going to support/help you, your money will be going to someone who will!

Quote:
Your losses have been better than mine. I am pretty much doing 2 lbs a week..
Just want to say we really need to NOT compare our loss amounts to other people. No one has "good" losses or not-so-good. ALL are good and are to be celebrated.
Each of us have different bodies, different sizes, different metabolisms. There are so many variables there is no way to compare & it is just another way to put ourselves down, rather than to build ourselves up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
I decided to be creative with my breakfast this morning and make ProtiDiet Maple Oatmeal pancakes. I added an egg since it wouldn't hold without. I'll give them a "B-" mostly because the insides stayed moist despite me pressing them as thin as possible. Ah well....can't blame a girl for trying!
A couple things about those pancakes.
They can't be cooked like other pancakes. They need to be cooked much slower (lower heat for a longer time) otherwise the insides don't cook.

Also, for a better consistency, use the zucchini muffin recipe I posted on Recipes #4 but just make them into pancakes instead. The zucchini helps it become more "breadlike"
Old 07-29-2014, 11:48 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Seriously guys, I feel like my body just hates me. Last weekend I had been down several pounds, on Tuesday morning when I went to weigh in I was back up one or two but still down about a pound a half overall (on my scale at home). I weighed right before I went to weigh in, and of course their scale had me down only .8. Difference in scales, whatever. I left right after that for vacation where I tried very hard, but was not 100% OP. I came home and weighed, and hadn't gained any weight and I was still in ketosis. I was psyched and got back OP.

Yeah, so today I'm up, which isn't really a surprise since I haven't "gone to the bathroom" since last Wednesday in spite of taking lots of Cal-Mag and breaking down and taking Miralax last night and this morning. I feel like I will never break the 160lb barrier. Or poop again. Does anyone else battle this CONSTANTLY? To be honest, I always have but I rarely go longer than 5 days. My coach told me last week I should be going every day. I pretty much laughed at her.
Actually, you should.
Are you getting in all your oil & water? Are you eating 2 salads per day? These things are important.
I actually started using Natrual Calm, which is just magnesium. I use it at night before I go to bed. Cal can be constipating for some people so I'm only using plain mag now.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:49 AM   #20  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default avatar

Ok people! i have tried to change my avatar to a picture with no success. I asked one day and received advice but lost the thread. Help!
Old 07-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
Ok people! i have tried to change my avatar to a picture with no success. I asked one day and received advice but lost the thread. Help!
user cp>edit avatar
I upload mine from flickr. I don't have much luck with pic files from my computer.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:59 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Actually, you should.
Are you getting in all your oil & water? Are you eating 2 salads per day? These things are important.
I actually started using Natrual Calm, which is just magnesium. I use it at night before I go to bed. Cal can be constipating for some people so I'm only using plain mag now.
I typically do not eat two salads per day. I have a stomach condition that makes digesting raw vegetables extremely difficult, but I have been usually managing one salad. I just have to eat a little bit at a time. Doing great on the oil, and have been good on the water lately, although I am not always. I'll go pick up some Natural Calm and see if it helps. I'm just so tired of this cycle where everything is good for one week, then the next I don't go at all, and on and on. And then throw in a TOM every few weeks and I feel like my weight loss is not going anywhere - even though it is moving down, just veerrryyyy slowly. I know I shouldn't be too disappointed about a small gain after a vacation where I wasn't 100% OP, but I was down a little when I got home. No idea why the scale jumped back up after (between yesterday morning and today it went up 2 pounds). I know scale fluctuations happen, but it always seems to happen on weigh in day!
Old 07-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #23  

I'm also sick, so I don't know if that is an issue. Just some weird sinus thing going on, could allergies, could be a cold... Annoying either way!
Old 07-29-2014, 12:08 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
I typically do not eat two salads per day. I have a stomach condition that makes digesting raw vegetables extremely difficult, but I have been usually managing one salad. I just have to eat a little bit at a time. Doing great on the oil, and have been good on the water lately, although I am not always. I'll go pick up some Natural Calm and see if it helps. I'm just so tired of this cycle where everything is good for one week, then the next I don't go at all, and on and on. And then throw in a TOM every few weeks and I feel like my weight loss is not going anywhere - even though it is moving down, just veerrryyyy slowly. I know I shouldn't be too disappointed about a small gain after a vacation where I wasn't 100% OP, but I was down a little when I got home. No idea why the scale jumped back up after (between yesterday morning and today it went up 2 pounds). I know scale fluctuations happen, but it always seems to happen on weigh in day!
You could have been down in weight due to dehydration.
The diet works when we stick to it.
Variations are going to cause slowdowns.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:14 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

I have not posted in quite a while. I went through a very challenging medical issue with my 20 year old son and I was brave and good and stayed on IP...until I got him settled back into college.

So now I am facing several weeks of bad eating on my part - no excuses. I have struggled to get my mind back into IP. It took a while, but I have pulled myself together and I am on day 3 of being on the plan.

I go back to one of my original thoughts which is I may lose battles but I never give up on this war. Lisa says it so well when she says this is a life long battle with obesity and I cannot agree more.

The lesson - stuff happens but one can always pick up and get back into the fight. NEVER give up even when we have given in.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:20 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Schenectady-

You got this!! Glad to hear your son is doing better!!!!
Old 07-29-2014, 12:24 PM   #27  

schenectady: I restarted P1 yesterday after giving my thyroid a "breather". Join me! The great thing about IP is we know exactly what to do to get those "up" pounds off.

Since your son is back at college, I trust he is well?
Old 07-29-2014, 12:26 PM   #28  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Your losses have been better than mine. I am pretty much doing 2 lbs a week. I blew my second or third week can't remember but gained 6 by going off plan for a weekend. I'm going away this weekend and it will be a huge challenge for me. I will bring food with me and do my best to stay OP. I'm going to be with my BF who continually tries his hardest to get me to go off plan. I almost want to just stay home where I know I will behave. I guess I can't stay home forever.
It's hard being around people who aren't fully in tune or supportive with your choice to be on this diet. I mean that like I have friends that are like "one slice of cake isn't going to mess up your entire diet," I'd rather pass on the cake and stay OP than take a gamble if that tiny slice is going to set me back a lot or not. I found eating out to be extremely difficult. I just keep telling myself P1 isn't forever.

Keep sticking with it and the results will come. You are doing great!
Old 07-29-2014, 12:27 PM   #29  
IP 07/18/14

S/C/G: 197/163.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post

Danijo.......That's awful that your clinic is so unsupportive of your health issues. Is there another clinic close(ish?) that you could move to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
They actually change formulations frequently. I look at the box everytime I purchase. If I were you, I'd contact my coach & say you want a refund b/c you weren't informed about the change. Otherwise you're stuck with something you can't use.

I understand discouraging. I had quite the hissy fit in Jan 2013 when I restricted gluten and soy protein. That decision cut out my favorite IP items. I recovered & rallied and continued to lose weight but initially I had some tears to shed.

You definitely need a clinic that understands how sensitive you are to soy. Tell them if they aren't going to support/help you, your money will be going to someone who will!
Thanks for the support ladies!

I went back to my clinic on my lunch break and explained the mishap. They were fortunately very understanding. They let me trade out the pineapple banana drink mix with soy free products in the "start up kit overflow." I wanted to go in there ready for a fight but I played it very nice and calm. I made it obvious to the office manager that their list was very out of date and she said she would update it.

Meanwhile I emailed IP directly and they said they would provide the information to the clinic but wouldn't be able to provide it directly to me. I'll feel like a tattle tail if I do that. I don't want to rock the boat with my clinic. I don't want anymore obstacles, it's hard enough just getting along with myself through this. haha!

I will be definitely checking every single box of food, every time I buy.

Here's to a better rest of the day!
Old 07-29-2014, 12:32 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
It's hard being around people who aren't fully in tune or supportive with your choice to be on this diet. I mean that like I have friends that are like "one slice of cake isn't going to mess up your entire diet,"
Response: You are right. But I won't die without it, either and I'm choosing to not have it. Please support me in my decision.
Closed Thread