Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:19 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamk40 View Post
Hi everyone. This is my first time ever getting involved in a site like this. What I have read so far is so encouraging. I started with a 2000 calorie diet today, and perhaps can lower it as time goes. I have a fibromyalgia flare up going on right now, so there was no exercise of any sort today. Did do the accountability on paper though of what I have been eating. I am at a point in my life where I am tired if feeling bad, in many ways. My goal is 30 lbs. I have more to go, but don't want to talk about the whole picture. So I will put this site in favorites and check it often.
Hi Wamke40 Welcome!

Are you doing a general diet, following a specific plan, or are you getting ready to follow Ideal Protein? This specific part of the 3FatChicks site is designed for people following the Ideal Protein eating plan. There are so many sub forums on the 3FC site it can be a bit confusing.

If you are not gearing up for IP, You may want to go back to the index of sub-forums to see if you can find one that reflects your chosen way of losing weight.

You are of course welcome to read here to learn more, but what you will see will only relate to the strict guidelines of IP.

Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey! Stay strong!
Old 07-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcart1618 View Post
Thanks for the advice! I've also been trying different things each weigh in, I especially like the plain omelet and the BBQ crisps. I like the idea of highlighting in different colors... will have to try! My clinic doesn't have any way of getting around ordering a box of whatever it is you want to try, so this week I'm stuck with pineapple-banana drink, which isn't as yummy as it sounds..
I mix the pineapple-banana with others, such as orange drink. It calms down so much sweet! I also have. Syntrax nectar grapefruit flavor, which I mixed the piņa colada with. I just shake up 2 drinks at once & only drink half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamk40 View Post
Hi everyone. This is my first time ever getting involved in a site like this. What I have read so far is so encouraging. I started with a 2000 calorie diet today, and perhaps can lower it as time goes. I have a fibromyalgia flare up going on right now, so there was no exercise of any sort today. Did do the accountability on paper though of what I have been eating. I am at a point in my life where I am tired if feeling bad, in many ways. My goal is 30 lbs. I have more to go, but don't want to talk about the whole picture. So I will put this site in favorites and check it often.
Hi wam
You've landed on the ideal protein forum. You may want to go to the 3fc main page and find others following a more "general" weight loss plan.

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-28-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:07 PM   #33  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Ok so I lifted weights today, just legs, for like 45 minutes and then did water aerobics for an hour I'm wondering if I should have an extra packet just for the protein. I know we aren't supposed to lift but I'm getting closer to goal and I want to tone up. I took it easy, but now the dilemma of whether or not to add a packet... I haven't had a restricted to day and it won't be a restricted so hmmmmm
Old 07-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Ok so I lifted weights today, just legs, for like 45 minutes and then did water aerobics for an hour I'm wondering if I should have an extra packet just for the protein. I know we aren't supposed to lift but I'm getting closer to goal and I want to tone up. I took it easy, but now the dilemma of whether or not to add a packet... I haven't had a restricted to day and it won't be a restricted so hmmmmm
Hi Amber: Lifting is OK, you just want to remember to go for endurance at this stage and not muscle building as your body can really only do one of the things well at a time, lose fat or build muscle. Water aerobics is good as you can go at the pace you wish - I went to aquacize while in the earlier phases too. See how you feel tonight... if you are weak or very hungry your body is telling you to eat the extra packet. If you feel fine, I wouldn't worry about adding it today, just add it when you need it, not as a regular plan. Of course that does depend on how hard you pushed it...
Good going on your exercise, BTW!

Liana
Old 07-28-2014, 10:25 PM   #35  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

I've been exercising, doing water aerobics, walking, and yoga the whole time almost, just decided to add some lifting... not looking to "build" per say I just want to tone. I'm not going heavy, low weight 4 sets 15 reps. Did all the leg muscles today, tomorrow is yoga then arms, then abs/back
Old 07-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Good planning for your sets/reps choices, Amber! Sounds about right to me
Old 07-28-2014, 11:14 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcart1618 View Post
Hello everyone! I've been on IP for almost three weeks and have lost 10 lbs (slow going, but very excited!) I'm LOVING all the new veggies and opportunities to cook!

I'll be off to college soon, so does anyone know of any success stories (or even other users) from IP in college? I'd love to get some tips and tricks.

Also, favorite IP foods?
Hi,

Deana508 did a fantastic job following IP while living away at college. You might want to do a search for her name and read her previous posts. I think she is still checking in on the thread too.

My fav. IP foods: BBQ crisps, strawberry banana rtd, vanilla peanut bar and occasionally the choc. Brownie.

Good luck and congratulations on your 10 pounds gone forever.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:00 AM   #38  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I have actually been taking Biotin since I started IP. Obviously it hasn't helped!
The hair loss started right around the 3-month mark and has continued to get worse the past 4 weeks. It has gotten so thin that scalp is now showing through in several spots.

Not sure I can stick it out. I have 36 pounds left to go, and I am losing at an average of 2.8 pounds per week. That would mean about 13 weeks more on Phase 1. By that time (if the rate of hair loss continues), I will have nothing left. I started the Alternative Plan today. Will see if that helps slow/stop the hair loss. I just hope I continue to lose pounds as well.
Hi MarylandMom

I had hair loss the last 2 times I was on IP &, like others, noticed it at the 3-4 month point. My hairdresser notices some regrowth, but it is slow. This time, I had less weight to lose & decided to start at P2, rather than P1. I have noticed a bit of hair loss, but nothing like before. For some of us, P1 for a long time may be too much stress for the hair. Weight loss is slower on P2 & I threw in a few weeks of P1 eventually, just to speed things up.

Hope the Alternative plan does the trick for you!
Closed Thread