Old 07-27-2014, 03:03 AM   #1  
Wannabe Police Officer!

S/C/G: 216.5/197.5/150

Height: 5'6 19 yrs old

Smile 2014 is my year of change! Is it yours too?

Hi I am Shelby and I am 19 years old. I felt that 2014 would be the year I would turn my life around! I told myself that I won't put off what I want out of life anymore. I am not going to be that woman who looks back at her younger years and says "I wish I would have done that when I was younger..." I decided to do things I would never do so I joined a gym, took an NRA Basic Revolver gun class, got my motorcycle license, currently finishing up my security guard certification, and I started the Ideal Protein diet!! It has been the best year yet!! The IP diet has been my biggest challenge yet.. I am 5'6 and my starting weight was 216.5. My current weight is 201!! I am almost out of the 200s, it will be the first time in 5 years. I cannot wait! I absolutely recommend this lifestyle change, it is difficult juggling it between college, work, and socializing ( everyone thinks it is weird that a 19 year old is on a diet) but I will manage. I have to give credit to my boyfriend of 3 years for sticking by me and loving me no matter what I look like. Enough about me!! Tell me about all the changes you have made to have a happier life!! =D
xXUndeadChickXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:19 AM   #2  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Welcome Shelby! Congrats on getting going on IP and doing great so far. 15 lbs down is awesome!

Sounds like you have a busy life - be sure to check out the recipe threads for things you can make ahead so you're prepared and keep things interesting. There are a lot of very supportive, knowledgeable people here who are willing to share their experiences, answer questions, and give you some motivation if needed.

And congrats for recognizing the need to make changes while you're still young - you'll do great!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:45 AM   #3  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Hi Shelby!

It is wonderful to read about all the changes you have taken on this year. You are so smart to make these changes early in your life. I am 44 y/o and wish I had gotten serious with myself about my health when I was your age. Well, I did try, but I languished in Weight Watchers for too many years. Finding IP changed my life -- and you are finding that out as well. How wonderful that you have a supportive partner. That makes all the difference. Never mind the friends that think your choices are weird, they are on their own journeys, and something tells me that one day you will look absolutely brilliant to them. Keep on your own path.

I had a year like you're having this year last year. I decided, as the new year, 2013, was bearing down, that I had spent enough of my life preoccupied with my weight. 2013 was going to be the year that I found peace with it, one way or another. I told myself that either I would find a way to lose the weight once and for all OR I would accept myself as I was and stop feeling bad about it and stop trying to change it. Well, I had chosen what I thought was the easier path, to accept it (because I was convinced that I was just destined to be overweight all my life). About a week later, I had a scary health episode and promised myself that, if I got out of it and felt better again, I would pursue my health vigorously and as if my life depended on it. I did, and here I am 125 lbs lighter and happier than I have ever been in my life. I feel like a new person -- I feel like I have hit the lottery as I feel so lucky to have stumbled upon the right plan for me in IP and to have somehow mustered the strength to keep to it. It is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Hats off to you for taking life by the horns and making it into what you want it to be for yourself. You're about to hit "onederland." That is such a good feeling - and it will propel you further, faster. You are well on your way. Congratulations!
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #4  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

This IS my year for change but WTG on all that you have accomplished so far! Your parents should be very proud of you! Are you planning to join the police force? I have a 19 year old son who is chomping at the bit waiting until he is old enough to apply for the state and local police departments in our area.

Congratulations on your loss!
nat1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:16 PM   #5  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Way to go Shelby! 2014 has been the year where I said 'enough is enough' and I started the IP diet in January. I researched it over the Xmas holidays and found a coach. Haven't looked back. It's definitely been a journey with ups and downs. It took me a while to get into the groove but I had some extremely supportive friends (I'm single and I live in a different country from my family). I am now in phase 3, and moving to phase 4 on Tuesday. Have been reading up on how to approach maintenance, stay strong and not regain the weight. I'm heading home for Xmas this year and I really want to look fabulous so like you, I've also joined the gym, in an attempt to tone up the wibbly wobbly bits!! I've even started running on the treadmill. Interesting how much easier it is when I'm not lugging an extra 45lbs around!

My biggest challenge coming up is I'm heading to Vegas for a week in August for my birthday celebrations. I've got some friends coming from all over the world to celebrate with me. But I'm going to have a plan in place and work out beforehand at which nights I will have a drink or two and which nights I won't. For me, being prepared is key.

All the best for the rest of your IP journey. I wish I had taken control of my weight at your age. Nothing can beat the feeling of being healthier!
RosiePosie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Shelby! Good for you for dealing with your weight early. I wish I had your motivation and strength at 19. You have had a great year so far and a accomplishing so much. Reading your post made me smile. Onederland is so close. Congrats on all your loses.

Staring IP last Sept was a huge change in my life but an exciting one that I could easily measure my success. I started running this February and have done 5km, 10km trail, and 10km road race so far. Who would have thought that last year. Love this plan and have lost 116 lbs on IP
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Shelby and welcome to the forum & IP! Great that you have goals so early in your life, many young people just drift along until half their life is over and they wonder, "what happened!?"

Nice to hear you have your Security Guard licence. I have had mine since 2009 and enjoy the work - from special events like the Olympics and Music Festivals to business security patrols around town. You may get lots of exercise in that job, I know I do. Join us on the daily chat and 100% No Cheat Zone threads and keep us up to date on your progress!

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Shelby! Good for you for dealing with your weight early. I wish I had your motivation and strength at 19. You have had a great year so far and a accomplishing so much. Reading your post made me smile. Onederland is so close. Congrats on all your loses.

Staring IP last Sept was a huge change in my life but an exciting one that I could easily measure my success. I started running this February and have done 5km, 10km trail, and 10km road race so far. Who would have thought that last year. Love this plan and have lost 116 lbs on IP
Jenny awsome stats! You started where I am and looks like you are where I want to be. That was so nice to see this morning a light at the end of the tunnel. I am on IP since June 23 and so far so good. I am down 20. I have a 10 day Disney Vacation coming up that makes me nervous I did have a bit of a slip on Friday and seriously my body told me about it all weekend...felt like garbage... Just wanted to let you know your stats were just what I needed today....
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Jenny awsome stats! You started where I am and looks like you are where I want to be. That was so nice to see this morning a light at the end of the tunnel. I am on IP since June 23 and so far so good. I am down 20. I have a 10 day Disney Vacation coming up that makes me nervous I did have a bit of a slip on Friday and seriously my body told me about it all weekend...felt like garbage... Just wanted to let you know your stats were just what I needed today....
Sgrealtor- I was 25 lbs higher before starting IP. You can do it just follow the program and think about the journey not the race. I will have been on IP 11 months in August and I to have slipped but catch it as soon as you can. Have fun in Disney. Lots of people have done well on vacation, pack your food and plan.
You have done great and are well on your way.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote