Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 01:29 PM   #91  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hahahahah, kissi, there is no such thing as shrimp that is waaaaay too spicy!
Capsicum is my friend!
I LOVE spicy food but I have no idea what I did to this shrimp....well errrr....maybe I do....I poured a ton of cayenne pepper and red pepper flaked on it when I was sautéing it.

I think my tastes are changing a little bit because that was tough to get down and I usually don't have a problem handling spice!!
Old 08-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Okay this is a dumb question and probably belongs somewhere else, but... when you make "bread" out of packets - ie. flatbread with potato puree or a soup - does it hold up? Like, I was thinking about making flatbread for lunch but I'd have to make it the night before.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:41 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 325/300/225

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! Just back from my meeting with my coach. I lost 5 pounds last week!!!! Super pumped!
Old 08-05-2014, 06:22 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Okay this is a dumb question and probably belongs somewhere else, but... when you make "bread" out of packets - ie. flatbread with potato puree or a soup - does it hold up? Like, I was thinking about making flatbread for lunch but I'd have to make it the night before.
The Broccoli Cheese Soup packet tortilla worked great the next day for me. I kinda liked it actually and made it a few times. It's quite chewy and holds up really well with wet ingredients. Can't speak to the other bread/wrap recipes though, I never used them.

Way to go CreoleLady!!!
Old 08-05-2014, 07:04 PM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Yes! They hold up really well!
Old 08-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #96  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Some of the things, like cookies, are pretty cardboardy to me the next day but a few seconds in a microwave does wonders for pre-cooked food.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:51 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Thanks y'all I will try it tonight!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:18 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

I had a quick question on one of The Incredible Weight Loss Center's tips of the week. It mentions that to help prevent loose skin and cellulite caused by weight loss we should be having either the raspberry jello or the blueberry, cranberry, pomegranate drink every other day. Does anyone do this? Do you find that it really helps?

A second question is how do I remain OP when I forgot my Ideal Salt at home? We left home in a rush this morning (my husband's grandmother took a turn for the worse and we were called to come say our good-byes) and I'm four hours away from my Ideal Salt. Is there something that I can buy in the grocery stores that will substitute for it? If I absolutely need to I will find a local center and purchase from there but it's a LOT of salt and if there's an alternative I'd rather go in that direction.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:39 AM   #99  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by takers View Post
A second question is how do I remain OP when I forgot my Ideal Salt at home? We left home in a rush this morning (my husband's grandmother took a turn for the worse and we were called to come say our good-byes) and I'm four hours away from my Ideal Salt. Is there something that I can buy in the grocery stores that will substitute for it? If I absolutely need to I will find a local center and purchase from there but it's a LOT of salt and if there's an alternative I'd rather go in that direction.
Sorry to hear about your grandma. Hugs to you. You have more important things to do than worry about salt. Just use regular salt until you get home. Remember that stress can affect your results so don't worry at all about what the scale says next week. Take time for you and your family.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:01 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Sorry to hear about your grandma. Hugs to you. You have more important things to do than worry about salt. Just use regular salt until you get home. Remember that stress can affect your results so don't worry at all about what the scale says next week. Take time for you and your family.
Thank you! She's a really awesome lady and we are all sad to see her go, but with all her health issues we know she's heading for a better place.

And a second thank you for the reminder that stress can affect results. I'm trying really, really hard to be 100% OP this week/weekend so I can't get discouraged if the scale doesn't move next week but instead look towards the week after.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi takers: In a pinch the 1/2 Salt (sodium chloride and potassium chloride) will do, it is almost the same thing as IP salt, or if you can't find that just up your potassium a bit and use a bit less regular salt on your food. This is only a stopgap measure as it is not exact in mg amounts of course but will help you to keep from being potassium deficient while you are away on this emergency.
Wishing you peace and a good last visit with her if possible.

Liana
Old 08-08-2014, 11:33 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Quote:
Originally Posted by creolelady View Post
Hello everyone! Just back from my meeting with my coach. I lost 5 pounds last week!!!! Super pumped!
Congratulations creolelady!
Old 08-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by takers View Post
I had a quick question on one of The Incredible Weight Loss Center's tips of the week. It mentions that to help prevent loose skin and cellulite caused by weight loss we should be having either the raspberry jello or the blueberry, cranberry, pomegranate drink every other day. Does anyone do this? Do you find that it really helps?

So sorry about his grandma. May she rest in peace.

Collagen has a plumping effect for skin (wrinkles & cellulite!) but I believe it's temporary from repeated use. Gelatin is an excellent source. I use a good quality grass-fed gelatin called Great Lakes, since I use many alts.

When I started IP, the jelly & blue/cran/Pom were meant to be used every-other day or as an extra packet, perhaps after exercise. With this in mind, and because I exercise daily, I frequently make a slushie as a snack (thanks for the reminder...haven't done it lately) with either Mio or plain koolaid & stevia, ice & some gelatin. I limit Mio because Sucralose is hard in my gut.

Regarding IP salt. Don't worry about it at all & don't limit regular salt intake. Low carb diets are diuretic. We need the salt to maintain electrolyte balance. If you have your potassium supplement with you, just be sure you're taking it. If not, get one! Any Walgreens or CVS will have it. When I started IP, we got Real Salt brand. IP didn't yet use their own. Real Salt is what I still use.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:17 AM   #104  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

takers - so sorry for your loss. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

creolelady - congrats to you! That is outstanding!

Read a great quote today "success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out." Really hit home for me - every time you make the effort to make good choices about what you are eating is a victory. All those victories add up to success. It's kind of overwhelming to look too far into the future, so I try to look at all the small stuff as wins - like I thought about eating XYZ but decided instead to eat ABC. Yeah! I won!
Old 08-09-2014, 12:36 PM   #105  

Default Olive oil quantity recommended per day??

Phase 1 recommends 2 tsp olive oil per day. Is that a minimum or maximum? Between cooking the IP chicken patty and EVOO dressing, I am sure my intake is more like 1.5 to 2 TBS per day. Am I "off plan"? Average weekly WI is 4 pounds lost with this amount of olive oil. Good results, but am I hurting my potential?
Closed Thread