Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 08:23 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Friday 7/25/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-25-2014, 09:14 AM   #2  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

What? No one up and posting yet? And I slept in! LOL... Having a wonderful holiday at a resort. Great weather, great company, but not great internet. I'm glad to be able to log on today and open pages faster than 5 min per page

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-25-2014, 09:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

I'm currently on day 5 of my reboot and i'm surprised, I didn't get the ketosis flu. The transition was practically a non event. I didn't have any extreme hunger to fight through, no severe caffeine withdraws or sugar cravings. Just kept on rolling and already down 4lbs. Ca-razy.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

I need help! I am soooooo tired of this diet. How do you guys power through? I been on IP for about 15 wks, lost great but I feel terrible. I'm tired all the time still. Granted I don't feel bloated and miserable from all the carbs like I use to, but I still don't feel good. I sleep all the time. I'm bored with my food choices. I'll be so disappointed in myself if I go back to my old habits and regain. The slower losses are definitely not helping either. I need a serious attitude adjustment!!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Good Morning everyone. Day 1 here...........a little nervous....It helps so much seeing all the great information here. I have done IP before, worked great thanks to the wonderfull people here. My clinic shut down for a bit, the owner had a daughter who was very sick, so I had ph 3 and 4 on my own, needless to say it didnt work to well.

So I am on vacation and want to take care of myself, so I am back........I am using a mix of alertinitives and IP.......love ip snack chips!

I love reading on here, no mater what time, what day of the week there is always some imspiration here. People here always try to help, in real life, its not so easy to find people who understand what we are going through and why it is so important to us.

Love you guys!!!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #6  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

WI this morning and I'm only down one lb.
I'm a little deflated because I'm only 1.2 lbs away from 20 lbs lost since I started. I really wanted to hit that today, but I'm telling myself that there is always next week!! My WI exactly a month ago I was only down 1.2 lbs so maybe there is a pattern forming.

My coach said I will probably hit the 20 lb lost mark sometime this week and next WI be back on track. I've been following the protocol and staying 100% OP, I honestly think it's hormones - my face has been breaking out like it's about to be my TOM even though it should be here for another couple of weeks.

Last edited by kissi; 07-25-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #7  
IP 07/18/14

S/C/G: 197/163.8/145

Height: 5'5"

This evening I have my first weigh in! I have stuck 100% OP and have seen my scale at home start moving down. I'm just not sure how my scale compares to the clinics scale. So I'm not setting myself up for a disappointment.

I am concerned I may have a soy intolerance/sensitivity/allergy so I will be going with all soy free packets. I've been having some odd symptoms, which I've discussed with my doctor (who lost 117 lb on IP) and until I am able to get in for any official testing I am going to try to eliminate soy. I guess this is a journey and it would not be complete without some challenges. Has anyone else experienced allergies to something in the packets? even things other than soy?

Here's to hoping for an encouraging loss tonight!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #8  

Default vitamins on IP

Hi everyone, first time poster! I have been doing the IP on my own following posts, a coworker is doing the program and had such a transformation that I had to ask what she was doing! She has helped me along with suggestions and encouragement and I have lost 18 pnds and am a convert!!

But I have not been able to get the vitamin routine down, can anybody out there that is doing this on their own,not paying for the program, tell me what vitamins they are using and when and how many during the day?

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom you can pass on!!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:34 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijo8806 View Post
This evening I have my first weigh in! I have stuck 100% OP and have seen my scale at home start moving down. I'm just not sure how my scale compares to the clinics scale. So I'm not setting myself up for a disappointment.

I am concerned I may have a soy intolerance/sensitivity/allergy so I will be going with all soy free packets. I've been having some odd symptoms, which I've discussed with my doctor (who lost 117 lb on IP) and until I am able to get in for any official testing I am going to try to eliminate soy. I guess this is a journey and it would not be complete without some challenges. Has anyone else experienced allergies to something in the packets? even things other than soy?

Here's to hoping for an encouraging loss tonight!
Some people are also sensitive to the artificial sweeteners.
Soy isn't that good for people anyway. It is what kept me from starting IP 8 months earlier than I did. I wasn't happy with the soy content.

I've since learned I can do IP without soy. I use alternative bars without soy (or gluten). It can surely be done!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:34 AM   #10  
IP 07/18/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redspeedy View Post
Hi everyone, first time poster! I have been doing the IP on my own following posts, a coworker is doing the program and had such a transformation that I had to ask what she was doing! She has helped me along with suggestions and encouragement and I have lost 18 pnds and am a convert!!

But I have not been able to get the vitamin routine down, can anybody out there that is doing this on their own,not paying for the program, tell me what vitamins they are using and when and how many during the day?

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom you can pass on!!
As a newbie, from experience you can find a lot of valuable information on the "IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads" it's a sticky thread. If you go to the last page of that thread the latest and greatest guidelines are posted.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #11  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Good morning friends as I posted last night I'm coming back at it strong starting today!!! No more wishy washy, no more maybe, no more hey I've done so well. 30-35 more pounds and then I'm phasing off... I'm done. I am going to start doing some light lifting as I need to start toning up some areas and my yoga classes are becoming too easy (most poses lol). I am also going to kick up my work outs in a few weeks to include heavier cardio... I know we aren't supposed to exercise a bunch on this diet but I've done light stuff the whole time and I feel good and exercise HAS to be a big part of my life after so I'm going to do it. Life won't necessarily be about the numbers on the scale, but the inches on my body and the smaller pants so to speak, although I will be keeping close track of the scale as always because I am a daily weigher and we won't be creeping back up! SO here goes nothing wish me luck!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:39 AM   #12  
IP 07/18/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I've since learned I can do IP without soy. I use alternative bars without soy (or gluten). It can surely be done!
That is encouraging, THANK YOU! I know I will be limited but I can do it!

I've never been a soy fan, not for any specific reason but I guess it was my gut instinct telling me to stay away.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #13  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

As of this morning's weigh-in, I have lost 80 lbs! I am absolutely thrilled! I am only 21 lbs from the goal I set when I started, and I am beginning to think ahead to what my final goal might be. It is almost scary how achievable this all is. (Scary in a good way!)
Old 07-25-2014, 10:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
Good Morning everyone. Day 1 here...........a little nervous....It helps so much seeing all the great information here. I have done IP before, worked great thanks to the wonderfull people here. My clinic shut down for a bit, the owner had a daughter who was very sick, so I had ph 3 and 4 on my own, needless to say it didnt work to well.

So I am on vacation and want to take care of myself, so I am back........I am using a mix of alertinitives and IP.......love ip snack chips!

I love reading on here, no mater what time, what day of the week there is always some imspiration here. People here always try to help, in real life, its not so easy to find people who understand what we are going through and why it is so important to us.

Love you guys!!!
Your story is very similar to mine. I restarted with a different clinic and I'm on day 10. I tried many restarts with alternatives and would make it about 9 weeks and just regain what I lost plus more. So I decided I need serious accountability. Good luck to you.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:49 AM   #15  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppertree View Post
As of this morning's weigh-in, I have lost 80 lbs! I am absolutely thrilled! I am only 21 lbs from the goal I set when I started, and I am beginning to think ahead to what my final goal might be. It is almost scary how achievable this all is. (Scary in a good way!)
Congratulations!!!!

You will be in ONEDERLAND any day now!!!! Keep up the good work!!
Closed Thread