Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 11:29 AM   #31  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Your story is very similar to mine. I restarted with a different clinic and I'm on day 10. I tried many restarts with alternatives and would make it about 9 weeks and just regain what I lost plus more. So I decided I need serious accountability. Good luck to you.
Hi Rhonduz, great to see you! Congratulations on your progress. We can do this!

Barb
Old 07-25-2014, 12:00 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
I need help! I am soooooo tired of this diet. How do you guys power through? I been on IP for about 15 wks, lost great but I feel terrible. I'm tired all the time still. Granted I don't feel bloated and miserable from all the carbs like I use to, but I still don't feel good. I sleep all the time. I'm bored with my food choices. I'll be so disappointed in myself if I go back to my old habits and regain. The slower losses are definitely not helping either. I need a serious attitude adjustment!!
My main reason to lose weight was health related. Since I was in serious pain with every step I took, it was a constant reminder of why I did it. To help I tried to keep variety in what I was allowed to eat. I tried new vegetables, some with success some not. Tried the different Walden's products, some with success some not. I did not do the recipes because I am not a big chef, but a lot of people do.

I am 8 days post op for a total hip replacement, and 6 months pre-op for another total hip replacement. Believe me, I am very, very, very glad I lost.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #33  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Just got my Beck Diet Solution in the mail.....Wahoo!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Just got my Beck Diet Solution in the mail.....Wahoo!
Wow Eve, that was quick. I was looking at that today on Amazon. Which title did you get?
Old 07-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 150/150/115

Smile Beginner!

Hello All,

I am 22 years old 5'2" 150lbs. I am very petite so this kind of weight shows up on me a lot. I've tried many different methods but can't seem to stick to them. I've done the no sugar/carbs thing on my own and found myself losing weight but too slow.

I am about to start Ideal Protein and I just wanted to reach out for some pointers and how much anyone thinks I will lose each week since I only have about 30 lbs. to lose.

I am also very susceptible to headaches so I wasn't sure if that would be a huge problem either.

Hope to hear back from anyone! Thanks (:
Old 07-25-2014, 12:52 PM   #36  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
I'm currently on day 5 of my reboot and i'm surprised, I didn't get the ketosis flu. The transition was practically a non event. I didn't have any extreme hunger to fight through, no severe caffeine withdraws or sugar cravings. Just kept on rolling and already down 4lbs. Ca-razy.
It's like marriage. Hills and valleys! Good days and bad. Just have to find one little thing you still love and hang on tight. Find a way to get reconnected. You have diet fatigue and hopefully will power through. I know I've had my moments. I usually make my favourite meal and go to bed early. It has worked so far.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:10 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Thanks all. I made up my mind to stick with it till my birthday, mid-sept. Then I can reevaluate. It's so amazing to me to see posters on here with 70, 80 or more pound losses.
I definitely have just been eating the same things over and over. Time to branch out.
Congrats to those with losses this week
Old 07-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #38  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
Thanks all. I made up my mind to stick with it till my birthday, mid-sept. Then I can reevaluate. It's so amazing to me to see posters on here with 70, 80 or more pound losses.
I definitely have just been eating the same things over and over. Time to branch out.
Congrats to those with losses this week
Have you been using the sea salt? I was really tired and someone suggested that maybe I wasn't getting enough salt. It has helped me tremendously. Also, yes...changing it up is good. Have you been having any red meat? maybe your iron is low? I like to eat the same things, it is easier but learned this week that it is good to add different things to the meal rotation. Good Luck!
Old 07-25-2014, 01:27 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I am doing IP on alternatives but, have never found comparable vitamins. I have asked before but, I don't think I ever really got an answer as to where anyone on alternatives get them.
There are several threads with vitamin info. Google Vitamins+Ideal protein and they should come up for you.

I would suggest that you look at the back of your bottles from IP and check out different brands to find something comparable. I use the Vitamin Shoppe, Nordic Naturals for Omegas and Centrum for daily.

The thing about using alternatives is that you have to do a lot of research on your own.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:32 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by seepeezie View Post
Hello All,

I am 22 years old 5'2" 150lbs. I am very petite so this kind of weight shows up on me a lot. I've tried many different methods but can't seem to stick to them. I've done the no sugar/carbs thing on my own and found myself losing weight but too slow.

I am about to start Ideal Protein and I just wanted to reach out for some pointers and how much anyone thinks I will lose each week since I only have about 30 lbs. to lose.

I am also very susceptible to headaches so I wasn't sure if that would be a huge problem either.

Hope to hear back from anyone! Thanks (:
Spend some time reading through the threads that are suggested in the first post of the daily chat. There is a bunch of great info there.

Losses are very individual. Sorry, but no one here will be able to tell you how much you're going to lose each week. People who have more to loose generally loose more in the beginning. Those with smaller amounts to loose, not so much. Your coach should be able to tell you what to expect. But that doesn't mean that it will come off at a steady rate or at the same amount each week.

If you have headaches, lick some salt off your hand and drink some water.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:33 PM   #41  
Evemomma

Rhonduz....it is actually called "The Beck Diet Solution"....love Amazon Prime and free two day shipping!!!!!

Dangeron....You've got this! Time to get a few new Walden Farms products maybe? I just got the WF chocolate sauce, and it is soooooooo good! I only eat one Chocolate Chip Quest Bar a week (as my super-restricted), but yesterday I cut it into a few small piece, baked it quickly in the toaster oven and drizzled a little chocolate sauce over. Mmmmmmmmm. I also just tried the WF BBQ sauce today on my burger. Pretty good....nice and different. I did the first 12 weeks of IP only eating eggs, chicken, salmon and tuna. I'm just not a huge red meat girl. But, a month ago I added local grass-fed ground beef to my repertoire and have noticed an increase in energy.

Seepeezie....

Everyone's body is really different on IP. IKWYM about being petite and having the weight REALLY show up. I'm not even 'officially' 5'4 (more like 5'3.75") and every 5 lbs makes a big difference on me. My biggest loss was my first week at 4.5 lbs. I have averaged about 10 lbs a month on IP. This last weight is coming off more slowly, but that is to be expected. Don't fall into the trap of comparing your losses and getting discouraged!
Old 07-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #42  
Evemomma

I'll ask at my local restaurant, but the language barrier is an issue. Does anyone know if Mexican restaurants (non-chain) use sugar in their salsa? I have been bringing my own IP BBQ chips and eating them while the fam eats chips and salsa. I always save up my tomato days for eating out. TIA!
Old 07-25-2014, 02:07 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppertree View Post
As of this morning's weigh-in, I have lost 80 lbs! I am absolutely thrilled! I am only 21 lbs from the goal I set when I started, and I am beginning to think ahead to what my final goal might be. It is almost scary how achievable this all is. (Scary in a good way!)
Peppertree

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
Good Morning everyone. Day 1 here...........a little nervous....It helps so much seeing all the great information here. Love you guys!!!
Locks, great to see your posts and good luck!

Congratulations GraceRev on a great lose this week.

So many great posts today.

I lost 1lb and am planning to transfer to phase 2 next friday!! I hope to lose 2 more in the next week and then lose a couple on phase 2. I have been finding in the past month that I am more tired and my body is tired. I could be because of all the exercise. I think the lunch on phase 2 may help with that.
Have a great week.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:08 PM   #44  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default oh Lala, put the scale down!!

Congrats to on the victories ladies! I'm struggling this week. Started the week with a bad diet attitude. Thank you for all other that shared their stories and encouragement.

I weigh everyday. Scale has not bugged for me in a week. Started a mix of IP/Alts this week. Is making me nervous that it is impeding my progress. Although I have seen many a peps have low losing weeks. I have been losing at above average rate. I just need to stay 100% OP and stay the course.

Here is to the weekend! Saying supportive cheers to all. I'm having a catered party for 100 people with amazing food that I cannot eat. Stay strong!!!!
Old 07-25-2014, 02:44 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Had my second weigh in this morning. 0.6 lb and 2 inches Not a big loss but still some even after being sick for a couple of days and having only broth, few crackers, and ginger ale. I am sure next week will show some movement in the scale. My hubby is doing the diet with me and he has lost 17lbs in two weeks! I am so proud of him sticking with it. He is so happy and has so much energy so I know he is feeling great since he is not filling his body up with junk. He also cannot keep his hands off me. Not that I have a problem with that.
Closed Thread