Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #16  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Confession time for me. When I initially lost some weight on IP last year I made a commitment to be 100% OP because frankly the program is too expensive not to follow it to the letter so that it actually works.

Now on week 2 of my restart to lose the rest of the weight I have made the same commitment but had a slip last night. For some reason I was really craving cheese and decided a serving of shredded cheese wouldn't hurt, it's only 2 carbs, low-fat, blah, blah, blah - did all the internal rationalizing.

Well I paid for it - I had this crazy allergic reaction - couldn't stop sneezing, itchy eyes and throat, was so uncomfortable I ended up taking a Benadryl and then was loopy and foggy the whole rest of the night from that! I've experienced some sinus issues that I thought were related to dairy before, but I guess after having it completely out of my system for a week and a half and then putting it back in, it hit me with a vengeance.

Lesson learned, back to 100% OP!
Old 07-17-2014, 09:46 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

I'm trying to get to the protocol sheets in Lisa's daily chat thread, but it says Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Old 07-17-2014, 09:57 AM   #18  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
I'm trying to get to the protocol sheets in Lisa's daily chat thread, but it says Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
It was doing that for me a couple days ago too but, I was able access it yesterday.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:58 AM   #19  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
It was doing that for me a couple days ago too but, I was able access it yesterday.
Yep, I just checked says the same thing.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:03 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Ok thanks, i'll try again in a bit
Old 07-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #21  

Height: 5'7"

Caroling56 & Stephpsalm139-the motivation and support here is inspirational.

Schenectady Hope you son gets better soon!! Praying for a quick and full recovery!

Evemomma You have given yourself such an amazing gift!!
Enjoy!!

Wishing everyone a beautiful OP day! Stay strong!
Old 07-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #22  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning all. I hope everyone has a great day!! I have my WI in the morning and I don't know why but every week I get nervous about them even though I've been 100% OP.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #23  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Good Morning all. I hope everyone has a great day!! I have my WI in the morning and I don't know why but every week I get nervous about them even though I've been 100% OP.
Haha, I'm the exact same way with getting nervous on WI day! Good luck, you'll do great! Can't wait to read about the results!
Old 07-17-2014, 10:37 AM   #24  
Started IP 6/12/14

Oh and I have a NSV, before IP I had ordered some pencil skirts from Macy's that were on sale in what in my mind was my 'usual' size (10)....when they came in...they wouldn't zip up . (I honestly should have ordered a 12 in them but the sizing said they ran big and I didn't think I had put on that much weight...etc.)

So they have sat in the closet and I decided to pull one out this morning to see if it would fit and to my surprise it zipped up and looks great! It's still a little snug but it feels good to be able to wear new clothes that I ordered months ago that I could never fit into!!!!
Old 07-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #25  
Started IP 6/12/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
Haha, I'm the exact same way with getting nervous on WI day! Good luck, you'll do great! Can't wait to read about the results!
Thanks, Annie. I feel like it's my personality. If my boss ever calls me into his office, I immediately fear the worst! (Even if I haven't done anything wrong!!!). It usually is just to check in on me and see if I'm doing okay, but that initial feeling is "what did I do now" or "oh no, I messed up something"

On another note, I've been following your journey and you have been in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:55 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

The mind is a tricky thing.
Last night I made brownies for a co-worker. Three pans. I did so good, was so proud of myself!! not even the tiniest lick.
I brought them to work and put them in the fridge for her to pick up later and I am having to give myself a serious talking to so that I don't eat one!! I'm not going to eat one, but it's amazing how the mind works. It is about to be TOM for me and I'm feeling bloated. I weighed myself this morning and I am exactly the same as I was a week ago. Come on now, I KNOW that I lost weight this week. I'm obviously retaining fluid. But the devil on my shoulder is saying, See Kelly, you were so good last night, didn't even taste the brownies, and for what, you haven't lost a pound! Look at yourself, you look the same as you did when you started. You should just give up.

WHAT? I mean really????? where the heck is that coming from? Of course I am NOT going to give up or give in. It just amazes me that I am even thinking like that?!!!

I have got to get the Beck Diet Solution book or whatever it is called. I need to fill my mind with true thoughts!!!!!

Anyway, thanks for letting me share!

Annie and Schnectedy- I am thinking about ya'll and praying for you!!!!!
Old 07-17-2014, 11:02 AM   #27  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Morning everyone!
Kissi....I too get nervous about WI AND when my boss wants to talk. She's lovely and there is never a warrant for concern on my part but, I think it's because of the authority or role that she has? who knows?!

It's been crazy hot here in the Pacific Northwest (South Eastern part of WA). Yesterday we hit 109, today only 101 is expected. I'm looking forward to the cooling down that tomorrow and the weekend will bring...we are only going to be in the 90's. I want to take my daughter to my MIL's pool but, the 100's even at 8pm is too hot for a little one.

Question for you all...when do you eat your meals and snack?
I generally drink my shake anywhere between 8 and 10 depending on if I'm at home or at work. Lunch can vary from 10:30 and 12:00 (I generally will eat my bar and then wait a hour and eat my salad) and snack is generally between 2:30 and 3:30 and dinner anywhere between 6-7:30pm. Some days I feel like I'm starving, like yesterday and other days...ehh....I'm fine.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

My NSV of the week (past six weeks?): I mentioned a few weeks ago about my favorite pair of jeans. Last night I was thinking about it and recalled wearing them on my first date with my boyfriend a year and a half ago. And only weighed a couple pounds less then than I do now. So I pulled them out this morning and THEY FIT!!! Turns out they're a size 10 and not a size 8 like I thought they were. They might be a tad bit snugger than I'd like, but are definitely the proper size for me. It makes me so happy. They don't make them anymore so I can't get more. Do I wear them all the time and wear them out, or save them for special occasions? They're "tall", so they go great with a really cute pair of heels...
Old 07-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #29  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

NotCoolEnough: I say wear them out. Honestly you are going to lose weight so fast you won't be able to fit in them. In less than 6 weeks I've gone from a size 12 to a 10 and now my 10's are getting a little lose. Enjoy those jeans!
Old 07-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
NotCoolEnough: I say wear them out. Honestly you are going to lose weight so fast you won't be able to fit in them. In less than 6 weeks I've gone from a size 12 to a 10 and now my 10's are getting a little lose. Enjoy those jeans!
Sounds good to me! I actually just did a search for them, and the company has started making a very similar pair of jeans. The back pockets are different, but I think the cut might be the same. I think I'm going to buy pair and see if they're an acceptable replacement! The biggest issue is they're online only and I remember when I bought these jeans the sizes weren't consistent. The 10's got too big at one point so I went to the store to buy an 8 and couldn't even pull them up. Very weird. At $25 a pair (not the highest quality jeans, but they just look like they're made for me) I think I can take the risk!
Closed Thread