Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Friday 7/11/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-11-2014, 07:49 AM   #2  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Day 3 for me - and first restaurant meal is today

I am stunned to be generally not hungry and still be down 6 lbs after only 2 days on the IP program... !?! Remarkable! And a great start to getting my weight back down to the realm of normal. I am jazz'd!
Today I have a lunch date with an old friend who's back in town this weekend. I think I will have an IP drink before I go and then focus on salad and veggies at the restaurant. We have nice steak for dinner at home tonite so I don't want to switch lunch and dinner.
Do we have a list of chain restaurants with suggested selections to stay on program?
Old 07-11-2014, 07:51 AM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I am stunned to be generally not hungry and still be down 6 lbs after only 2 days on the IP program... !?! Remarkable! And a great start to getting my weight back down to the realm of normal. I am jazz'd!
Today I have a lunch date with an old friend who's back in town this weekend. I think I will have an IP drink before I go and then focus on salad and veggies at the restaurant. We have nice steak for dinner at home tonite so I don't want to switch lunch and dinner.
Do we have a list of chain restaurants with suggested selections to stay on program?
Congrats on your great start! Check out this thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-guide-ip.html (let's see if my link worked). You have to dig a little but it's really great reading!
Old 07-11-2014, 08:10 AM   #4  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Sounds like a plan! You could also split your protein, so that you could have a few ounces at lunch, and still have steak for dinner.

As for chains, I don't really have any recommendations for salad options. You can usually get the restaurant to make a salad with only what you want, even though it isn't on the menu. I would say that IP-friendly dressing options are pretty limited in most restaurants. Unless you love lemon juice and oil, I would suggest bringing your own dressing.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:16 AM   #5  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Today's weigh in was a disappointment. I felt like it was going to be huge, because my clothes feel so much looser this week, but I'm only down .2lb.

Oh well, at least it is moving down! I did a lot of yard work on Wednesday, and my legs are killing me. Maybe the heavy workout has affected my weight loss?

I did have a NSV of sorts - it seems like suddenly, all of my underwear is too big. Considering that it was too tight when I started IP, I was sort of shocked to find it barely hanging on. Shopping trip!
Old 07-11-2014, 09:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
Today's weigh in was a disappointment. I felt like it was going to be huge, because my clothes feel so much looser this week, but I'm only down .2lb.

Oh well, at least it is moving down! I did a lot of yard work on Wednesday, and my legs are killing me. Maybe the heavy workout has affected my weight loss?

I did have a NSV of sorts - it seems like suddenly, all of my underwear is too big. Considering that it was too tight when I started IP, I was sort of shocked to find it barely hanging on. Shopping trip!
I Love those shopping trips!! congratulations, my coach mentioned that some weeks you'll loose body fat but no weight loss on the scales. Loosing body fat and building muscle is great!!
Old 07-11-2014, 09:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

Today is my first weigh in. I hope it's good. I know I've definitely felt some hunger this week and carb withdrawal, but I stuck with it!
Old 07-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Quote:

Do you do measurements when you weigh-in? Maybe you lost inches this week - probably so if your clothes are looser. Lots of people have found that sometimes if they lose less pounds on a given week they have lost some inches at least!
Old 07-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #9  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Quote:
Maybe you've lost a bunch of inches. Sometimes I'll have weeks with lower loss on the scale but multiple inches all over. Gotta look at the big picture.

Had a great day yesterday. I did indulge a bit and ordered prime rib at dinner which is a lot fattier than what I should be having, but I avoided the big globs of fat and ordered extra green beans and spinach instead of the mashed potatoes, refrained from the appetizers, and didn't have any of the really decadent desserts everyone got and sang to me over. I got home and warmed up my double chocolate brownie. This morning my scale says I'm down to 186.4! Alllllmost only 10 pounds left to goal. What a nice bday present. Official WI is not til Tuesday, so I hope it sticks.

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 07-11-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

WOO HOO! Down 5 lbs this week!!! YAY!! Almost at my first mini goal of getting below 220.

Last edited by Kellyc14; 07-11-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:52 AM   #11  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Happy Friday Ipeeps,

Congrats for all the great losses. What a great way to start the weekend.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #12  

3rd WI this morning. Down 2.4 for the week....13 overall. Down some inches as well. Considering the temptations I've overcome, I am pleased. I do have a question. Do most people use the IP vitamins or substitute comparable but cheaper brands? I have some multi vitamins that are pretty much the same with maybe 1 exception. Congratulations to everyone who has made progress. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #13  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

What is this?
Over the last several days I have developed this weird sensation in my back. It feels like a million tiny needles poking me. Almost feels like my back muscle want to cramp up but, the needle sensation is awful. Anybody ever have anything like that?
Old 07-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #14  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Happy Friday Everyone!! I'm drinking my delicious RTD Vanilla mixed with Coffee. I had my weigh in this morning and am down 5 lbs for the week. It's been exactly one month since I started and a total of 15 lbs gone!! I'm so excited!! I love this diet!!!
Old 07-11-2014, 10:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Happy Friday Everyone!! I'm drinking my delicious RTD Vanilla mixed with Coffee. I had my weigh in this morning and am down 5 lbs for the week. It's been exactly one month since I started and a total of 15 lbs gone!! I'm so excited!! I love this diet!!!
Wow, what a great first month!
Closed Thread