Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 11:05 AM   #16  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Thank you. I'm very excited. I was really down after WI#2 and stuck with it and am so happy that I did.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:32 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Happy Friday!

Congrats on so many great loses and ya to loose underwear

I met my litte niece and nephew on Wednesday and they are beautiful. They are all going home today!

I am so hungry for lunch but have my WI first. 20 more minutes till I leave to get there. My scale at home says I lost the Mexico weight and dropped an additional pound so I am actually looking forward to going this morning.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:52 AM   #18  

Hi everyone! Weighed in this morning and I lost 3.4 this week, also lost fat and gained muscle. Lost a couple of inches as well. Next week I will make my goal of being under 300.
Congrats to everyone who is having good news to share today!
I hope everyone has a great start to the weekend.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Hi everyone! Weighed in this morning and I lost 3.4 this week, also lost fat and gained muscle. Lost a couple of inches as well. Next week I will make my goal of being under 300.
YAY!!!
Old 07-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
That is awesome GraceRev, keep up the great work.

I lost 3.5lbs since my last WI two weeks ago and am 1lb past my goal I have moved my goal to 165 and then will start phase 2 with the plan to lose 5 more and then phase 3 at 160. I can't believe that I'm in the final 10. These past 10 months have flown by and this diet surpasses any other plan that I have been on. It was also great to see how it worked getting the lbs off from Mexico when I got right back on track.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:30 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
I lost 3.5lbs since my last WI two weeks ago and am 1lb past my goal I have moved my goal to 165 and then will start phase 2 with the plan to lose 5 more and then phase 3 at 160. I can't believe that I'm in the final 10. These past 10 months have flown by and this diet surpasses any other plan that I have been on. It was also great to see how it worked getting the lbs off from Mexico when I got right back on track.
How incredible!
It is so nice to see people succeed by sticking with the program.
I remember someone else saying they phased off for a vacation but "wheels down" at home meant jumping right back on P1, not even waiting for "tomorrow".
Old 07-11-2014, 01:52 PM   #22  

Lisa
For sure it was getting right back on track. The scary thing was that I didn't feel I was so off track down there. But I think after being so "clean" the off plan drinks and a few non IP food, salt and ++oil is reflected quickly in the body.

I checked out my true weight on the Dukan sight and like others it has me at 9lbs more than I want. Regarless I will stick to my plan and see what maintaince brings along with the reset of glocogen (SP?)index. Starting to read the maintainers thread and eager to post when I start phase 2.
I hope you are enjoy your summer holiday.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #23  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

GraceRev -- congrats on getting 0.4 away from a milestone marker. By next week you'll be out of the 3s forever! Proud of you!
Old 07-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

I've noticed a funny thing. Since I am cold all the time from ketosis, I am able to keep my air conditioning set much higher at home than I did last summer. I also am not running it that much in my car. So I'm saving money! My office is freezing so I go out every day at lunch to sit in the sunshine. I get warm and I'm making Vitamin D. Double points!
Old 07-11-2014, 02:33 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I've noticed a funny thing. Since I am cold all the time from ketosis, I am able to keep my air conditioning set much higher at home than I did last summer. I also am not running it that much in my car. So I'm saving money! My office is freezing so I go out every day at lunch to sit in the sunshine. I get warm and I'm making Vitamin D. Double points!
Ketosis makes you cold??? I'm always cold and don't use my air as much either. Interesting.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #26  

Quote:
Make sure it isn't your thyroid making you cold! I thought something was up & my thyroid had gone out of whack (low carb/cal diets can be tough on the thyroid - although most people bounce back quickly in maintenance)
Old 07-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #27  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

So as most of you know my boyfriend and I broke up a few weeks ago. We have since been talking and we are working on maybe patching things up. Anyway I was laying in bed this morning thinking about him and me and the strangest thought jumped into my head about my weight loss. This person met me heavy and loved me anyway so I was scared thinking about dating someone else who meets me now, a much slimmer me... why? Well I was thinking what if that persons physical attraction to me is based on what I look like now and I gain weight back? I know I shouldn't be thinking like that, and I'm determined not to gain weight back, but I had a relationship prior to having gotten heavy. I was married and I had gained some weight, like 20-25lbs and was still skinnier than I am now, I went from like 140 to around 170 and it caused problems in our relationship. Granted he was a superficial jerk, but I don't know if I could suffer that again. Not that it's the only reason to work things out with my ex, he's a good guy I think he just freaked out as it started to get serious, but the fact that I know he'll love me fat or thin was certainly playing in my head.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #28  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Wow!!! Really exciting to see so many great losses! Congratulations - great job!!!! It's so encouraging to see the scale reflect all that hard work.

mainemum - trust your underwear I love that as a benchmark.

pishposh - Birthday AND OP congratulations - true dedication & determination - and you had fun

My losses are slowing down as I approach goal weight, so I find I am switching some of my focus to 'how do I feel?' This is the end of my first week on P2 - 1 more to go before those luscious P3 breakfasts

Overseas relatives arriving in a week, so breakfasts will be a great part of our celebrating. Because we will be staying on the ocean, I think it's time to (gulp) shop for a bathing suit!

More family arriving end of the summer & staying part of the time at mi casa. So I am still working on my deck & garden, both of which needed renovating (a bit like me ).

Ruth Ann - thank you for that restaurant link - great ideas! IPers seem to be the most amazingly generous & supportive folk

I also just started reading the Beck Solution book & there are similar eating out ideas & strategies there. Looking forward to improving my 'mental game' now & in maintenance.

Jenny38 - I am also lurking on the maintenance threads for some wisdom.

Happy OP weekend, everyone - love these threads!!
Old 07-11-2014, 03:53 PM   #29  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday all!

The losses, milestones and NSV are amazing today! Way to go GraceRev!!! Jenny....you are almost there! WestWillow, I hope to join you in the maintenance thread soon as well (those awesome vets have had some wise words for me already). I also just put the Beck book in my shopping cart on Amazon. Talk about a MUST read summer book!

I am armed and ready today for my son's baseball game (delicious BBQ IP chips and water) and a trip with the team to a local frozen custard stand (hmmmmmm....what Quest Bar to choose?).

My undies have gotten too big too! They come up all the way to my belly button - Hello, Granny Panties! Hoping to make my first "real" shopping trip this weekend to Kohl's (30% off...yes!) at least to try on clothes and see how they fit (I've only gotten a few thrift store things...but the sizes are always so wonky). My birthday is next week, so I think ONE fun dress might fit the bill since I don't think that size would change to much with the weight I have to lose.

Happy Weekend!!!!!
Old 07-11-2014, 04:37 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 185/154/185

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Yep, me too. I am always cold when I get into ketosis.
Closed Thread