Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Just had my second weigh in this morning and lost 3.2 for a total of 9lbs and 8 inches.

DH and I went to a 4th of July party this weekend and it was HARD to stay OP with so many goodies around...but I did it! Even though I brought my own food and sparkling water it was a challenge. Haven't cheated once since starting which earned a hug from my coach at weigh in this morning.

As for work questions, protein shakes are the big thing at my work lately so I just said I am trying one of those protein shake programs. Seems to satisfy most people (either turns them off completely or they tell me about a better/cheaper program to try). I just smile and keep eating my salad and veggies.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:42 PM   #47  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post

mainemum:
I also have allergies (technically must be gluten free) and it is important to not just assume there will be something safe for you to eat. I'm sure you wouldn't do that if you had a peanut or shellfish allergy (anaphylactic shock possibility) so it's good to phone the restaurant as soon as you know which one it is and make plans with them (you can sneakily stay IP that way too without them becoming lax because 'you're only on a diet.'). I have to do this and all my friends know to give me a heads up if we are going out together somewhere so I can phone & make food choices ahead of time. Co-workers knew the same as well. My old boss used to consult with me first as to a range of restaurant choices when we had a lunch meeting and always ordered a special meal with no problem or making me feel like it was unreasonable.

Lol, one thing that food allergies has taught me is that I can't ever plan enough!

For this dinner, I called the restaurant 2 weeks in advance, right when we received the invitation. I followed up with an email to the catering manager (at their request) and a reminder phone call on the morning of the event.

I was told that I could have a plate with plain grilled chicken, plain grilled salmon, and roasted broccoli. I was also told that there would be a "build your own salad" bar.

When I got there, all of the planning was a waste of time. They forgot to set aside my "plain" food. The chicken had a Thai peanut sauce. The salmon had a soy-miso glaze. The veggies were all buttered or cheese-covered. The salad bar was a table of prepared Caesar/antipasto/etc salads tossed in dressing. The caterers were not able to help me much, besides finding some extra plain lettuce. I had a bit of sauteed spinach, because it was IP friendly (just olive oil, lemon, and garlic), but I don't know how much oil was used, so I kept the serving small.

I knew that there was always a chance that they would forget to set aside my plate, which is why I brought a bar. Hope for the best case scenario, but plan ahead just in case!
Old 07-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Doing some math and calendar counting today to try to figure out how much longer I'll be on P1. My ticker says 175 is my goal, but I think realistically I'll be going down to 160. I'd really like to phase off at the beginning of October. Not sure why, but I'm just really anxious for fall and I've had that in mind as my phase off time for a while. It's my favorite time of year and usually a busy one, and I'd like to have a few weeks of maintaining under my belt before the holidays hit. I keep telling myself that if I'm not exactly where I want to be I can always revisit P1 in January.

So that's 13 WIs if I start P2 on September 30. My average loss each week has been 2.8 over the whole of IP, but my losses have slowed to between 1.5-2 pounds per week in the last month or so. If I can keep up a 2 pound average loss per week I'd be right around my ultimate goal weight I think, plus maybe some continued loss in P2. Sound realistic? I'm trying not to get overly anxious, but I keep lurking the maintainers threads and I want to get there so badly!
Hi...try the website http://www.modelmydiet.com. You can enter your starting weight, goal, and all of your weigh ins and it makes a graph showing your progress and projection of how your future losses will be. I've always found it useful and kind of fun.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:02 PM   #49  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Doing some math and calendar counting today to try to figure out how much longer I'll be on P1. My ticker says 175 is my goal, but I think realistically I'll be going down to 160. I'd really like to phase off at the beginning of October. Not sure why, but I'm just really anxious for fall and I've had that in mind as my phase off time for a while. It's my favorite time of year and usually a busy one, and I'd like to have a few weeks of maintaining under my belt before the holidays hit. I keep telling myself that if I'm not exactly where I want to be I can always revisit P1 in January.

So that's 13 WIs if I start P2 on September 30. My average loss each week has been 2.8 over the whole of IP, but my losses have slowed to between 1.5-2 pounds per week in the last month or so. If I can keep up a 2 pound average loss per week I'd be right around my ultimate goal weight I think, plus maybe some continued loss in P2. Sound realistic? I'm trying not to get overly anxious, but I keep lurking the maintainers threads and I want to get there so badly!
Sounds familiar to me!!!! I haven't calculated when I will hit goal b/c I suspect the end is going to creep slowly. I have my head in maintenance mode also and keep replaying each P1 how it would differ from P4. I just have to keep reminding myself it's mot a race....but am excited to move to P2 and so on!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #50  
Started June 29, 2014

S/C/G: 184.5/167/125

Height: 5'6"

Default Jemma51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Question,

I have been pretty much eating chicken breast and ground beef daily. I am craving roast beef. I think it's allowed, not sure. I wanted to make some shredded beef in the crockpot. If it is allowed, how do I go about figuring out the serving size as I would be cooking it whole?
I made a roast last week in my crockpot. It was so good! What you do is cut up your meat with as little fat as possible into small chunks and then weigh it before cooking it. I got 32 oz from mine so I new I would have to divide it by the 8oz to get four servings total. I put it all back in the crockpot and cooked it until the meat was tender. I then divided up the cooked meat without the juice to make my four separate meat servings. I actually then scooped out all the juice and poured it on top of the meat before freezing. I then baked 2 cups of mixed bell peppers and poured one serving of meat with the juice. I taste just as good as if I had made a stew. I also baked at 350 degrees a little cauliflower, celery, bell pepper, yellow squash, and a clover o garlic for 30 minutes in the oven and then puréed it in the blender with a cup of hot chicken broth. I mixed the poured of vegetables with the roast meat and it was very delicious and so filling!!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #51  
Started June 29, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Just had my second weigh in this morning and lost 3.2 for a total of 9lbs and 8 inches.

DH and I went to a 4th of July party this weekend and it was HARD to stay OP with so many goodies around...but I did it! Even though I brought my own food and sparkling water it was a challenge. Haven't cheated once since starting which earned a hug from my coach at weigh in this morning.

As for work questions, protein shakes are the big thing at my work lately so I just said I am trying one of those protein shake programs. Seems to satisfy most people (either turns them off completely or they tell me about a better/cheaper program to try). I just smile and keep eating my salad and veggies.

Last edited by MrPhillips; 07-07-2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #52  
Started June 29, 2014

Default Swimcoachmomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
week #1- down 6 pounds on this restart. woohoo. clothes fit differently already. busy today. more later.
Congrats on your weight loss!! You can do it!

Michelle
Old 07-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #53  
Started June 29, 2014

Default Ip43

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Wow -- so much good and exciting news today. I realize today how big a factor "stress" plays because my weight has stalled for a few weeks -- and I haven't been 100% OP so wasn't even worried about why. HOWEVER, now that the house stuff is done, I stepped on the scale and am down 4 lbs since yesterday. The WHOOSH almost knocked me flat on my butt! LOL.
Awesome! Sometimes we just have to relax. Stress is so harmful to our bodies.

Michelle
Old 07-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #54  
Started IP on Jun 28,2014

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
So now that I have lost 42 pounds, people are finally starting to notice/comment/ask questions. My boss saw me last week and said "You are looking good...how much weight have you lost?" I told her and that was the end of it...or so I thought. She called me and asked if she could have lunch with me tomorrow. She said she is in need of some "coaching" because I am a "walking success story."

So, here's the thing...how exactly do I explain IP to her? I have done it on my own with alternatives right from the start. Do I give her the Phase sheets? Point her to this forum? Do I tell her before we even go to lunch what diet I am doing?

Any advice would be so appreciated! I am a pretty private person and don't much like talking about myself. I especially don't want to hear any negativity about my personal diet choice.

On a positive note, I am now in ONEDERLAND!!! And I finally weigh less than my husband! Next goal is to reach 180...the weight on my driver's license!
Congratulations!!!!! I love reading stuff like this. Keeps me motivted
Old 07-07-2014, 07:20 PM   #55  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
Congratulations!!!!! I love reading stuff like this. Keeps me motivted
Are turkey burgers P1 approved? (Minus the bread of course)
Old 07-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #56  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Turkey anything are approved nat -- just depends how you make 'em You might have to add more egg white to help them stay together. If you needed a "bread crumb" to add, you could crush in some chips but that seems a waste of good chips to me For a bun, you can make an IP bun by packet hacking, or just have the patty. Some people use a lettuce wrap bun. Lots of options!
Old 07-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #57  
Started IP on Jun 28,2014

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Anyone know a good recipe with the chicken party IP packet and the pottage IP packet? I don't know why I bought them.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #58  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
Anyone know a good recipe with the chicken party IP packet and the pottage IP packet? I don't know why I bought them.
Don't have any good ideas for you but let's have a chicken party!

(Okay, I know those are turkeys but I couldn't find a chicken.)
Old 07-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #59  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Turkey anything are approved nat -- just depends how you make 'em You might have to add more egg white to help them stay together. If you needed a "bread crumb" to add, you could crush in some chips but that seems a waste of good chips to me For a bun, you can make an IP bun by packet hacking, or just have the patty. Some people use a lettuce wrap bun. Lots of options!
Thanks! I thought so but I was out and didn't have my cheat sheet with me.

Last edited by nat1015; 07-07-2014 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:45 PM   #60  
Started IP 6/30/14

S/C/G: 198/198/120

Hi Everyone I hope everyone had a safe fun 4th of July. I just finished my very first week of IP and I really loved it! I wish I stayed strong but I ended up cheating on the 4th and it wasn't worth it! Lesson learned. I had my very first weigh in today and had a 3lbs weight loss. I'm happy with that but I truly believe had I not cheated on the 4th I think I could have done better. Oh well it's a new week and now I know the price of cheating even a little! Anyone else had a weigh in today? -Krystle
Closed Thread