Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #16  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Wow -- so much good and exciting news today. I realize today how big a factor "stress" plays because my weight has stalled for a few weeks -- and I haven't been 100% OP so wasn't even worried about why. HOWEVER, now that the house stuff is done, I stepped on the scale and am down 4 lbs since yesterday. The WHOOSH almost knocked me flat on my butt! LOL.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #17  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
So now that I have lost 42 pounds, people are finally starting to notice/comment/ask questions. My boss saw me last week and said "You are looking good...how much weight have you lost?" I told her and that was the end of it...or so I thought. She called me and asked if she could have lunch with me tomorrow. She said she is in need of some "coaching" because I am a "walking success story." So, here's the thing...how exactly do I explain IP to her?
This is a toughie because sometimes people want the whole info, and other times they're just curious but not committed. I think if you just let them know that you are cutting down on carbs, cut out sugar, dairy and fruit, and are having lots of lean meats and veggies that would be enough. If she still wants more and "specifics" then I would offer to print her off the P1 sheet and direct her to go to an IP clinic or to 3FC for more info if you're okay with her being on this chat -- she can start researching herself if she seriously is interested. You don't need to be her coach

Whatever you do, don't tell her your screen name! LOL
Old 07-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #18  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Terrible weekend. I restarted June 16, was doing quite well, went back home to visit family the past weekend and ended up staying OP for a day and a half. Now I had 2.5 cheat days and gain 6 lbs. ... I restarted today and wish I could go back 2.5 days. Lesson learned.
Good luck to all this week!!!
You know that is not 6lbs of fat -- you knocked yourself out of ketosis and most of that weight will come right back off when you get back on track. It's a hard lessons sometimes, but that's why people who have been doing this for awhile know that those little cheats and nibbles are so not worth it.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:21 AM   #19  
Diane on track July 2014

evemomma -- lots going on for you these days. I hope your foot heals quickly but there are so many little bones in there that you shouldn't assume some aren't broken. It may be worth checking into to see if you need a walking cast or something for support for a few days
Old 07-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I'm not sure why but I have been so hungry!!!! I was hoping that once I got back to work and in my routine that it would get better. I guess I need to eat some veggies, fill up on lettuce. I'm just used to not being hungry. I don't like this.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #21  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
So now that I have lost 42 pounds, people are finally starting to notice/comment/ask questions. My boss saw me last week and said "You are looking good...how much weight have you lost?" I told her and that was the end of it...or so I thought. She called me and asked if she could have lunch with me tomorrow. She said she is in need of some "coaching" because I am a "walking success story."

So, here's the thing...how exactly do I explain IP to her? I have done it on my own with alternatives right from the start. Do I give her the Phase sheets? Point her to this forum? Do I tell her before we even go to lunch what diet I am doing?

Any advice would be so appreciated! I am a pretty private person and don't much like talking about myself. I especially don't want to hear any negativity about my personal diet choice.

On a positive note, I am now in ONEDERLAND!!! And I finally weigh less than my husband! Next goal is to reach 180...the weight on my driver's license!
Woohoo! Congratulations! Less than 20 pounds to go until you hit your next goal and you are HALFWAY to your goal weight. That is awesome...keep it up!

As far as the boss goes, I'd just explain the plan and how it is ultimately a lifestyle change. Not that we will be eating like we do on phase 1 for the rest of our lives but that we AREN'T going to be eating like we did before.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #22  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I'm not sure why but I have been so hungry!!!! I was hoping that once I got back to work and in my routine that it would get better. I guess I need to eat some veggies, fill up on lettuce. I'm just used to not being hungry. I don't like this.
I'm not sure how you start your day, but I'm having the IP omelette. On a hungry day, I'll add a ton of veggies to bulk it up. Some days are not "egg" days for me though, and on those days the IP pancakes from the cereal are nice. You can make them ahead and nuke them at work if you need to. Adding protein to your salad at lunch would also be good (a hard boiled egg or some chicken) and then just have the 6 oz at supper instead.
On hungry days, I get a steak -- it just feels more substantial and takes me longer to eat than ground chicken or something
Old 07-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I have only been on the plan for 2 weeks so I'm not an expert at all but maybe look into what ip packets you have been using lately. For snacks, I find the puddings to be most filling. Also, the mushroom soup with 2 cups of sliced sautéed mushrooms is really filling. I also sometimes spread my lunch and dinner out throughout the day...so ip packet and then later on 2 cups of veggies...etc. And drinking lots of water helps.

Sometimes I feel hungry but it is just that I am craving something that I can't have. I can recognize the difference now between "craving hunger" and actual empty stomach hunger.

Good luck! I hope this passes for you!

Last edited by nat1015; 07-07-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I just got back from vacation and I am proud to say I stayed 100% OP!!! I did so well and I'm really proud, but... the proudest moment? Stepped on the scale when I got home and I am down 5 pounds! AFTER VACATION! I cannot believe it. Staying OP works! So, so happy.
Awesome job! Being able to stay OP on vacation is a huge victory!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #25  

I had my second weigh in today and I lost 8 more pounds! Woohoo! I know the losses will start slowing down but this diet is great!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
Hi all! I had a bit of a NSV last night. Dinner was nearly impossible, but I made it through.

We attended an event with a buffet dinner. I had looked at the buffet menu beforehand, and I had planned to have chicken or salmon, a big salad, and some roasted broccoli. When I got there I realized that between my food allergies and IP, I really couldn't eat much of anything. The salads had all been pre-dressed, the chicken and fish dishes all had sauces or butter, and the veggie sides had issues, too. I am so glad that I had a Quest bar stashed away, because I needed it! I heaped my plate with plain iceberg and romaine lettuce (begged from the kitchen!), added a bit of sauteed spinach with garlic and lemon juice (the only green thing that wasn't swimming with oil), took a detour to the car for a bar while everyone else was hitting the dessert table, and then picked up a grilled chicken "sandwich" on the way home.

Stayed OP, even though I had a lot of reasons to fall apart.
Wow! That is quite a challenge! Good for you for not caving...I think even the best of us probably would have in that situation! Wtg!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:51 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
MarylandMOM congrats on ONEDERLAND!!!!!! Hmmmm....I hate hearing flack about this diet. I often discuss the similarities to it and South Beach (since that seems to have a pretty "healthy" connotation and how it is different from low carb diets such as Atkins). I explain that it is particularly helpful insulin resistance (since this is not something everyone has to deal with and, hence, may not have to take such strict measures) and is planned speficially into phases to make sure that your body is able to metabolize carbs as they are added back in (since most often I hear, "Don't most people gain it all back on low carb diets?"). I really like explaining that this diet doesn't use any additional medicines/hormones/appetite supressants because it taps into the body's natural ability to burn fat while suppressing appetite. I don't always throw out the word "ketosis" since so many people confuse it with ketoacidosis. GL!!!

My big success was that I had a "What Not to Wear" session with my own closet (with my hubby for moral support). I got rid of 2/3 of my clothes!!!! It really felt amazing to see how differently things were fitting.

I finally feel like people who didn't know I was on a diet are noticing my weight loss....and it is SOOOOOO motivating! I've had some really nice compliments and not had any "you're going to gain it all back" type convos lately.

Hoping for an injury-free day today!

Take care all!
evemomma:
This is the best description I have heard in a long time for people who want a few more details on our weight loss. I've used parts of it to explain to others but just like the whole spiel.
Great that you have purged your closet and now you know what clothes you really have and others can actually see your progress & congratulate you on it! Try to stay safe today, lol. Seriously though I would get an x-ray because it can come back to haunt you later if you did break a little tarsal or metatarsal.

Good work to the gals who: have been able to give up their Pepsi habit... (at least it sounds better than having a Coke habit), have recommitted to IP even through wedding planning and excess stress or family visit time, stayed OP on vacation, and successfully sold their houses (yaaay, IP43!).

mainemum:
I also have allergies (technically must be gluten free) and it is important to not just assume there will be something safe for you to eat. I'm sure you wouldn't do that if you had a peanut or shellfish allergy (anaphylactic shock possibility) so it's good to phone the restaurant as soon as you know which one it is and make plans with them (you can sneakily stay IP that way too without them becoming lax because 'you're only on a diet.'). I have to do this and all my friends know to give me a heads up if we are going out together somewhere so I can phone & make food choices ahead of time. Co-workers knew the same as well. My old boss used to consult with me first as to a range of restaurant choices when we had a lunch meeting and always ordered a special meal with no problem or making me feel like it was unreasonable.

to all the gals having a bit of a struggle - just remember it's the struggle that counts... otherwise we just drift with the current and gain again. Keep swimming, even if it is upstream...

Liana
Old 07-07-2014, 12:00 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning all!

I just watched my morning IP video. It was about willpower. I needed this video as I am struggling with it lately. I really liked how they say to make it so you don't have to make too many decisions throughout the day so have your veggies ready etc. The people that are the most successful are the ones that don't wing it. That is exactly my problem! I keep winging it! So today I am going to follow someone's suggestion of getting big ziploc bags and putting my IP packets in for each day along with a plan. Hoping it works. I just thought I would share in case anyone is struggling the same as me.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #29  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena1966 View Post
Good morning all!

I just watched my morning IP video. It was about willpower. I needed this video as I am struggling with it lately. I really liked how they say to make it so you don't have to make too many decisions throughout the day so have your veggies ready etc. The people that are the most successful are the ones that don't wing it. That is exactly my problem! I keep winging it! So today I am going to follow someone's suggestion of getting big ziploc bags and putting my IP packets in for each day along with a plan. Hoping it works. I just thought I would share in case anyone is struggling the same as me.
Do you watch the videos at your clinic or online from home? My clinic has never mentioned videos so that is why I'm asking.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #30  
Diane on track July 2014

Sheena a plan is a great way to go. I know I throw out too many veggies because I don't plan so I buy zuchinnis but forget they are there until too late in the week or something.
One thing I am better at though is making things in bulk. When I make IP pancakes, I freeze several servings for a quick grab and go breakfast later in the week. I also make lots of veggie purees (with the stuff I bought too much of in the fridge!LOL) But then I can just add veggies to the soups and it makes those gross IP soups turn into delicious filling meals.
Someone once said to me as a teacher regarding lessons: "Fail to plan? Plan to fail". I guess that works for IP too
Closed Thread