Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Monday 7/7/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-07-2014, 08:04 AM   #2  
Started June 29, 2014

S/C/G: 184.5/167/125

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! I made it through my first week 100% on plan! I'm proud of myself because it was really had to give up the Pepsi. I usually drink at least a 2 litter a day of it. Today, I noticed my front of my thighs are sore. Has anyone else experienced the same? I'm back to work today. So it's the first day on plan and work. I brought everything I'll need so I'm sure I'll be fine. Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-07-2014, 08:13 AM   #3  

Default Good morning!

Greetings, everyone!
I haven't been here much with all of the 4th of July festivities going on. Glad some of the craziness is over. I've also been dealing with a stressful situation involving 2 of our youngest church members and their safety. That's some of the hardest work in ministry but it looks like it will all work out for the best.

I slacked off on my water consumption this weekend with all that was going on, so today I am paying close attention to it and getting back on top of it.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and have a great day!
Old 07-07-2014, 08:19 AM   #4  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Well good news all -- my house has sold so the house buying/selling stress is over. We get our new house at the beginning of Sept and have our old one until the end of Sept so I have 3 weeks to paint and clean before moving -- couldn't have asked for better. My house now is also so clean from having all the showings that I'm sitting around with nothing to do and just able to relax, stress free. No excuse to not be 100% this week so that's my focus. Thanks again to all those people saying a prayer for us. It worked!
Old 07-07-2014, 08:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Well good news all -- my house has sold so the house buying/selling stress is over. We get our new house at the beginning of Sept and have our old one until the end of Sept so I have 3 weeks to paint and clean before moving -- couldn't have asked for better. My house now is also so clean from having all the showings that I'm sitting around with nothing to do and just able to relax, stress free. No excuse to not be 100% this week so that's my focus. Thanks again to all those people saying a prayer for us. It worked!
Whohooo!! I'm so excited for you! I love when life works out like this
Old 07-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #6  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Congratulations!
Old 07-07-2014, 09:36 AM   #7  

Height: 5'2 1/2

Terrible weekend. I restarted June 16, was doing quite well, went back home to visit family the past weekend and ended up staying OP for a day and a half. Now I had 2.5 cheat days and gain 6 lbs. I did this to myself, even though I was heading down the right path. Now, I will be getting my TOM very shortly, which makes the cravings more intense and weight loss go slowly. I restarted today and wish I could go back 2.5 days. Lesson learned.

Good luck to all this week!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Default Need Advice

So now that I have lost 42 pounds, people are finally starting to notice/comment/ask questions. My boss saw me last week and said "You are looking good...how much weight have you lost?" I told her and that was the end of it...or so I thought. She called me and asked if she could have lunch with me tomorrow. She said she is in need of some "coaching" because I am a "walking success story."

So, here's the thing...how exactly do I explain IP to her? I have done it on my own with alternatives right from the start. Do I give her the Phase sheets? Point her to this forum? Do I tell her before we even go to lunch what diet I am doing?

Any advice would be so appreciated! I am a pretty private person and don't much like talking about myself. I especially don't want to hear any negativity about my personal diet choice.

On a positive note, I am now in ONEDERLAND!!! And I finally weigh less than my husband! Next goal is to reach 180...the weight on my driver's license!
Old 07-07-2014, 10:05 AM   #9  

Height: 5'3"

I just got back from vacation and I am proud to say I stayed 100% OP!!! I did so well and I'm really proud, but... the proudest moment? Stepped on the scale when I got home and I am down 5 pounds! AFTER VACATION! I cannot believe it. Staying OP works! So, so happy.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5-7

I'm thinking of switching to IP alternatives and am in Canada. I'm looking at Low carb grocery for ordering food... is there any unrestricted foods that anyone can suggest? I love IP bbq crisps and their pudding and would love something similar. Thanks!
Old 07-07-2014, 10:14 AM   #11  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

MarylandMOM congrats on ONEDERLAND!!!!!! Hmmmm....I hate hearing flack about this diet. I often discuss the similarities to it and South Beach (since that seems to have a pretty "healthy" connotation and how it is different from low carb diets such as Atkins). I explain that it is particularly helpful insulin resistance (since this is not something everyone has to deal with and, hence, may not have to take such strict measures) and is planned speficially into phases to make sure that your body is able to metabolize carbs as they are added back in (since most often I hear, "Don't most people gain it all back on low carb diets?"). I really like explaining that this diet doesn't use any additional medicines/hormones/appetite supressants because it taps into the body's natural ability to burn fat while suppressing appetite. I don't always throw out the word "ketosis" since so many people confuse it with ketoacidosis. GL!!!

IP43......congrats on your house!!!!!!! I finally worked up the courage to tell my hubby that I can hardly stand tripping over each other in our small house with two growing kids. We have made a plan to get the house ready for market in the next two years (would LOVE to be ready in a year, but I'll compromise, we have some debt to pay off first).

My big success was that I had a "What Not to Wear" session with my own closet (with my hubby for moral support). I got rid of 2/3 of my clothes!!!! It really felt amazing to see how differently things were fitting.

I finally feel like people who didn't know I was on a diet are noticing my weight loss....and it is SOOOOOO motivating! I've had some really nice compliments and not had any "you're going to gain it all back" type convos lately.

My two bumps in the road is that I (with the help, or NOT help of my hubby) dropped a dresser on my foot this weekend when we were moving it to sell. I don't think it's broken, but it's swollen and black and blue. Staying off the scale since I can see the excess fluid in my foot. Second bump happened when I was awoken by my 4 yo at 4am to put medicine on her mosquito bites. Went to put moistening drops in my eyes and accidentally squirting my right eye FULL of swimmer's ear drops (98% ethyl alcohol)! Yeooooouch! My eye is still not quite right this am after many rinses.

Hoping for an injury-free day today!

Take care all!
Old 07-07-2014, 10:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I just got back from vacation and I am proud to say I stayed 100% OP!!! I did so well and I'm really proud, but... the proudest moment? Stepped on the scale when I got home and I am down 5 pounds! AFTER VACATION! I cannot believe it. Staying OP works! So, so happy.
Congratulations - such an accomplishment! I NEVER lose weight on vacations
Old 07-07-2014, 10:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

I haven't been here in so long - with the new job and wedding planning, holidays and weird schedules I was off plan for about a month. The good news is, I'm only up about 3-5lbs from when I stopped 100% IP. That's also the bad news since I was only half way to goal weight.

It's only 40 days until my wedding (August 16) and though I know I will not meet my weight goal of 135 by then, my goal is to stay 100% OP and log in to the boards every day to keep me accountable. No more excuses!
Old 07-07-2014, 10:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

week #1- down 6 pounds on this restart. woohoo. clothes fit differently already. busy today. more later.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #15  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! I had a bit of a NSV last night. Dinner was nearly impossible, but I made it through.

We attended an event with a buffet dinner. I had looked at the buffet menu beforehand, and I had planned to have chicken or salmon, a big salad, and some roasted broccoli. When I got there I realized that between my food allergies and IP, I really couldn't eat much of anything. The salads had all been pre-dressed, the chicken and fish dishes all had sauces or butter, and the veggie sides had issues, too. I am so glad that I had a Quest bar stashed away, because I needed it! I heaped my plate with plain iceberg and romaine lettuce (begged from the kitchen!), added a bit of sauteed spinach with garlic and lemon juice (the only green thing that wasn't swimming with oil), took a detour to the car for a bar while everyone else was hitting the dessert table, and then picked up a grilled chicken "sandwich" on the way home.

Stayed OP, even though I had a lot of reasons to fall apart.
Closed Thread