Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 11:19 PM   #61  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Well good news all -- my house has sold so the house buying/selling stress is over. We get our new house at the beginning of Sept and have our old one until the end of Sept so I have 3 weeks to paint and clean before moving -- couldn't have asked for better. My house now is also so clean from having all the showings that I'm sitting around with nothing to do and just able to relax, stress free. No excuse to not be 100% this week so that's my focus. Thanks again to all those people saying a prayer for us. It worked!
Congrats IP43!!!!! That's so awesome! Worked out perfect!!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:54 PM   #62  
Started IP on Jun 28,2014

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Don't have any good ideas for you but let's have a chicken party!

(Okay, I know those are turkeys but I couldn't find a chicken.)
LOLOLOLOLOL. I didn't even realize that typo. Yes let's have a chicken party lol
Old 07-08-2014, 12:33 AM   #63  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
Anyone know a good recipe with the chicken party IP packet and the pottage IP packet? I don't know why I bought them.
I fry the chicken patty and it always crumbles apart so I use it like I would ground beef in soups or whatever. I have added it to the chili pack to bulk that up too, or in sauce to go over shredded zuchinni noodles that I use a carrot peeler to make into spaghetti...My favourite is just to stuff large mushroom caps and put those on the Bar-B or oven. mmmm....

I've never even heard of the pottage IP pack -- what is that?

Last edited by IP43; 07-08-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:57 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 163/141/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 54 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
Lol, one thing that food allergies has taught me is that I can't ever plan enough!

For this dinner, I called the restaurant 2 weeks in advance, right when we received the invitation. I followed up with an email to the catering manager (at their request) and a reminder phone call on the morning of the event.

I was told that I could have a plate with plain grilled chicken, plain grilled salmon, and roasted broccoli. I was also told that there would be a "build your own salad" bar.

When I got there, all of the planning was a waste of time. They forgot to set aside my "plain" food. The chicken had a Thai peanut sauce. The salmon had a soy-miso glaze. The veggies were all buttered or cheese-covered. The salad bar was a table of prepared Caesar/antipasto/etc salads tossed in dressing. The caterers were not able to help me much, besides finding some extra plain lettuce. I had a bit of sauteed spinach, because it was IP friendly (just olive oil, lemon, and garlic), but I don't know how much oil was used, so I kept the serving small.

I knew that there was always a chance that they would forget to set aside my plate, which is why I brought a bar. Hope for the best case scenario, but plan ahead just in case!
How horrible to be in that situation! What a bunch of idiots especially since you had everything set up with them. No communication on their part or what! Man, that caterer certainly won't get any business from anyone you know, that's for sure! That just burns me!!

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 07-08-2014 at 02:24 AM.
Closed Thread