3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   How did you chose your goal weight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/297578-how-did-you-chose-your-goal-weight.html)

dangeron 07-05-2014 03:07 PM

How did you chose your goal weight?

I was wondering how everyone decided on their goal weight. I just kinda blindly picked mine. Some days I think I chose too low, others too high. :shrug:

canadjineh 07-05-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangeron (Post 5035750)
I was wondering how everyone decided on their goal weight. I just kinda blindly picked mine. Some days I think I chose too low, others too high. :shrug:

I chose mine because it was my comfortable model weight from a few years ago but not my skinny model weight from when I was 25. Felt it was attainable because it was only from 5 years ago. I decided I wouldn't look like some gaunt skeleton model :sklol: although I would probably have to lose another 20 lbs to be in that category.

Kellyc14 07-05-2014 03:52 PM

I picked mine because years ago when I dieted i got down to 140 and I was comfortable there. Of course I only stayed there for a week- went to disney world wearing my size 6 clothes and came home wearing 8's lol!

Start203 07-05-2014 05:05 PM

I chose mine because according to my height, I'm supposed to be a certain weight for a healthy bmi but I felt it was too low and don't want to be too thin. I like having some meat and curves. So I picked a weight about 25lbs heavier than what my "healthy" weight is supposed to be.

vealcalf2000 07-05-2014 05:52 PM

I researched the height and weight calculator and made my goal the highest weight for that height. When I hit 175 lbs I felt great! I wore a medium top and 10/12 pants. LOL I ignore the celebrity standard for height to weight ratios and am totally fine with it!! :)

weathermom 07-05-2014 06:21 PM

I used a tool suggested by my doctor to calculate my best " true weight" ...also available on the dukan diet site. ( same result for me as my doctor's calculator)

evemomma 07-05-2014 07:10 PM

I picked my pre-kids weight that I seemed to be my homeostasis with moderate eating and exercise. I am close to goal and thinking I may want to go lower (pretty sure had more muscle mass then) but we'll see.

dangeron 07-05-2014 08:55 PM

Thanks all! I picked 140 without too much thought but it was my pre-kids weight.
Sometimes I feel like 160 is "good enough." I guess it depends on how I feel when I get there. Hopefully I will have the motivation to keep going.
I also can't go by tradition BMI. I weighed 135 at my wedding and fit in a size 4. Any smaller and I would have looked ill.
I'm going to try that true weight calculator.
Thanks again!

pishposhappelsauce 07-05-2014 09:12 PM

I am still on the fence about mine. I picked 175 as my initial goal because -50 pounds seemed like a good point to stop and reassess how I'm feeling, how my clothes are fitting, etc. I have been thinking that I will keep going to 155 or so, but I'd consider phasing off if I made it to a size 8 pants before then (I have no memories of ever wearing single digit pants sizes). Then again, that size may not be realistic for my frame, I have a pretty heavy lean mass for a woman (128). My inches have been slower to come off than the pounds, but my new size 14 shorts were a bit loose yesterday. Maybe I'll get a big inches woosh at some point and that size goal will seem more within reach.

Ruth Ann 07-05-2014 10:14 PM

I picked mine because I just couldn't imagine weighing that little. Then when I got there I decided to go down a few more. I finally got to "I'm stopping at 12 months, 140 or size 4 pants, whichever comes first." Hit size 4 first and then lost another 7 or so pounds phasing off so it all worked out.

I'm still toying with the idea of going down another 10, but decided to wait a few months and see how I'm doing maintaining this weight and getting more exercising in. No big rush to decide

OregonGal1964 07-05-2014 11:15 PM

I picked mine because it would be a 100 lb loss...because i felt good at 231 even tho it's still overweight, and because i don't want tons of loose skin... i figure i can re-evaluate it when i get there...:)

Chrztina 07-06-2014 01:07 AM

I picked mine by entering a healthy BMI. I calculated my true weight to be 126, so that sounds about right. Guess I'll keep at it, I was thinking about phasing off early because I've reached my goal size- 4. Size 12 to a 4 in three months! Amazing.

Tom in RI 07-06-2014 07:11 AM

I chose my target weight based on the weight I attained when I went on the Nutri System diet maybe 5-6 years ago. I got to 185 (from a starting weight of around 215, the most I have ever weighed). At this point when I look at the stubborn roll around my mid section I am starting to think I might try and get a little below 180.

I am a little flummoxed to note that at my current weight I am still overweight according to BMI calculators, getting to 180 will just nudge my out of overweight.

Quick aside, do most people continue to lose weight on Phase 2 at the same rate as on Phase 1?

CenTXChk 07-06-2014 11:39 AM

My IP coach asked me what my happiest weight was and boom, it was set. I am guessing we can change that number as we go? When I was at 140 I was in college and lost the weight in a fairly unhealthy manner (diet and water pills from a backalley "doctor") that I still worry I did permanent damage to my body. But I looked good. :)

I have so far to go, I figure I have time to reevaluate as I move down the scale to see what a livable weight for me would be.

nat1015 07-06-2014 11:58 AM

I picked a weight that I was at within the last 10 years that I felt comfortable and healthy at: 150. I was able to maintain this weight easily (until I lost control of course) by eating healthy but enjoying treats here and there. That is the kind of lifestyle I can maintain so that is the weight I chose. I also looked good! Lol