Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 260/196/175

Height: 5'8"

Thank you Lisa, I appreciate the feed back. I've heard you talk about that book before and apparently need to invest in it! I'm looking for some accountability because I have become very good at hiding my unhealthy eating habits from everyone. So coming here and saying it out loud will hopefully help!
And Dangeron, I need to stick to that mantra, one meal at a time! Breakfast was good, now moving on to lunch
Old 07-05-2014, 03:34 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie739 View Post
I need help. Motivation to get back on track. I fell off a few weeks ago and cannot for the life of me continue back on this path that has led me to an almost 70 lb lost! I have gained 5+ pounds back since I started being careless, and each day is more of a "well I took a bite of that bagel, might as well have a sandwich for lunch and potato salad for dinner!" I don't know what is causing the self destruction mode but I am reaching out for some advice, motivation, or a quick kick in the head to get my mind straight!

Thank you
Well I'm right there with you right now. I was doing really well and have lost about 10 lbs but I am back in that mode where I start telling myself I can eat because I lost. It's a pattern I always make and the reason why I blow every diet.

Today I had a cupcake. My daughter's friend brought them in this morning. She had made them herself. I resisted for a couple of hours and then gave in. The rest are going in the garbage. I was not happy but she pushed them on me and I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

I need to go get that Beck Solution book. I need some more strategies.

Let's do this together and get back on track.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:27 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I love this program. Day 6 of restart. Pain of fibromyalgia 90% gone. Sleep better. Less puffy. Energy better. One of these times I will get it that sugar is the devil for me. Amazing how clear it all is once I'm detoxed. Sigh. Glad to be back!!!
Old 07-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

I'm back from Mexico and had a great time. Brought IP food with me for either 2 meals and a snack or one meal and a snack. I thought I did pretty well,not 90% but perhaps 80. Can count the drinks I had on both hands and where I went off plan. I knew I shouldn't get on the scale when I got home but I did and was horrified. 8lbs up! Hoping a lit of this was the extra salt in the food and not real weight. Regardless still managed way better than I would have in the past and what goes on comes off!
Old 07-05-2014, 06:45 PM   #20  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Well house sale stuff is going really well (knock on wood) but what I'm loving most is having a clean house and everyone helping to keep it that way. It really makes everything easier when everyone is being conscious of a goal. I also can't believe the mental weight gone with all the clutter.

SO to my friends there hesitant to get rid of clothes in the closet I have a new mindset. GET RID OF IT. Our minds are powerful things -- if you see those bigger clothes in there, part of you hasn't released/embraced the change your body has had.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
SO to my friends there hesitant to get rid of clothes in the closet I have a new mindset. GET RID OF IT. Our minds are powerful things -- if you see those bigger clothes in there, part of you hasn't released/embraced the change your body has had.
Glad the house sale is going well. It's hard to get everything ready, packed, cleaned, etc.

I cleaned out my closet..again..yesterday and took a bunch of stuff to a resale place. Then I hit Coldwater Creek since they are going out of business and right now it's 60-85% everything in the store. Rather than shop my current size, I bought some really nice goal clothes. I even bought a size 10 dress. It's been years since I wore a dress (or a size 10) because my thighs rubbed together! I was trying to calculate what weight I would be at during which season and then I just gave up and bought mostly mediums. No more L or XL for this gal.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:55 AM   #22  
Diane on track July 2014

Thanks Catlady! I'm sad to hear Coldwater Creek is closing. They always had reasonably priced clothing and good shipping deals. What fun to have a new wardrobe of clothes waiting. That would inspire me for sure!
Old 07-06-2014, 09:36 AM   #23  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
I'm back from Mexico and had a great time. Brought IP food with me for either 2 meals and a snack or one meal and a snack. I thought I did pretty well,not 90% but perhaps 80. Can count the drinks I had on both hands and where I went off plan. I knew I shouldn't get on the scale when I got home but I did and was horrified. 8lbs up! Hoping a lit of this was the extra salt in the food and not real weight. Regardless still managed way better than I would have in the past and what goes on comes off!
Hi Jenny,
If you flew, long flights especially, it can also cause water retention. Just throwing that out there because it doesn't sound like you could have gone that far off to gain 8 lbs. Hang in there, it may take a few days for your body to settle back down from the trip.
Barb

Last edited by Halfagain; 07-06-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:14 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Happy Sunday all!!! I'm glad this holiday weekend is wrapping up!! I'm pleased to say that I managed to stay OP!! DH wanted to go out last night, I wasn't up to it- mentally, so I told him to go without me, he didn't. We watched a movie and called it an early night. Now we are about to head to church and then he's going to grill fresh veggies and chicken. It sure feels good to be in control of my eating! I'm very thankful that my DH supports me!!! Have a blessed day!!!
Old 07-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #25  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Hi Jenny,
If you flew, long flights especially, it can also cause water retention. Just throwing that out there because it doesn't sound like you could have gone that far off to gain 8 lbs. Hang in there, it may take a few days for your body to settle back down from the trip.
Barb
I agree -- John once told us that it takes 3500 calories to make a pound (hope I got that right). So unless you were eating almost and extra 35 000 calories, you didn't put on almost 10 lbs of fat. Those pounds should come off pretty quick.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #26  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Good morning all!!! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I'm drinking my coffee and eating my IP bar before I begin my Saturday cleaning. I've been thinking about last night, I didn't realize how pushy friends can be when eating out. I was quite uncomfortable. I try to keep my business to myself, I don't like to bring attention to myself, and the entire night seemed to be focused on my eating, or rather lack of eating. Everyone was drinking so they kept asking me why I wasn't- before I could speak someone else would say, "she's on some diet and can't", then it was come on you can have a night off, or come on one chip won't hurt you, so on and so on the entire night it went. Thankfully my DH took up for me, he's been so wonderful I am very proud of him, I cannot believe the support he is giving me. Last night was an eye opener. And of course I was wanting a drink before we even got to the restaurant. I see how easy it can be for a person to fall off the plan. I said to my DH, "don't worry I won't give in, if I do I may not be able to get back on!! And besides that if I eat whatever I want tonight I will gain the weight back that I lost last week, if not more! And that's a waste of $90 and my hard work. It's just not worth it!!" And today I was able to wake up feeling wonderful that I stayed OP!!!!

Ladies, we got this!!!!!!!
That is awesome! That is a bigger victory than any pounds you will lose this week! Wtg!
Old 07-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #27  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Hi Jenny,
Barb
Also, the alcohol can make you retain water.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 260/196/175

Height: 5'8"

Yesterday was a good day. I managed to stay OP all day for the first time in weeks. The cravings have been horrible though. I have to keep telling my inner self to shut up, that yes one chip IS a big deal. I literally laid in bed feeling like I was starving last night, but knew it was all in my head.
Today is day two of my reboot. I am going to do this and I'm going to do it right. I know the cravings disappear in a few days and am going to make it through!
Thanks for being my support and making it so I can be accountable to someone besides myself.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:27 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

I met a former coworker/friend for dinner last night as a sort of going away visit because she is moving away from Dallas. I was glad that she finally noticed that I had lost weight. I saw her when I had lost about 20 lbs and she didn't say anything. She even called me skinny and said that I shouldn't loose any more weight. And then when she saw what I ordered (roast beef with steamed broccoli and a spinach side salad with no dressing) she said that I was eating "weird" and it made her sick. I wasn't sure if she was joking or not. But...she is overweight herself. She ordered a chicken fried steak w/cream gravy, mashed potatoes with gravy and macaroni and cheese. Asked me if what she was eating was bothering me. I told her no it didn't. Then when she ordered cake for dessert, she asked if I wanted some and gave me a hard time when I said no.

As others have commented on here before, it's so odd when people see that you are making positive changes in your life and it makes them feel either nervous or jealous or whatever. I don't understand how a friend would not be supportive or try to sabotage a person for trying to lose unhealthy habits.I would never do that.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
I love this program. Day 6 of restart. Pain of fibromyalgia 90% gone. Sleep better. Less puffy. Energy better. One of these times I will get it that sugar is the devil for me. Amazing how clear it all is once I'm detoxed. Sigh. Glad to be back!!!
I find the same thing. My fibro goes into "remission" when I am off of sugar and carbs
Closed Thread