Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Mom View Post
I was really hungry the other day (hmmm, USA soccer game was on...stress related?). Any way, I brewed a cup of herbal tea. Gave me something to do with my hands and mouth and allowed me to hold off until my next meal. Also, I go to work early. I try to bring something easy to have for breakfast a little later at work so I don't have as long to wait for lunch. So far, it's worked for me. Good luck.
i think that is the hardest time of day for me... the between breakfast and lunch... the afternoon always seems to go fast. Another person just sent me a recipe, wondering if anyone tried this... she uses protein powder, but said i could probably use an oatmeal pkg... with an egg some water some cinnamon etc... and make a pancake........ EVENING SNAK..... mmmm
Old 07-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #17  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning IPers!

It is an amazingly BEAUTIFUL day here in the midwest! I can't normally say that this time of year....so I am feeling especially blessed this morning.

Here is my issue I am struggling with right now: I keep trying to rid my closet of too-big clothes. Some things were easy to throw away, but now I am having a heck of a time getting rid of most of what is left that is too big but not completely falling off.

Pretty sure this is a mental block....I have been 'making do' with my clothes for practically 5 years. I've hardly ever bought anything I liked (or that I felt looked good), so it's not that these are clothes I love. I think one of my struggles is that I'm a thrifty girl, so I haven't wrapped my brain around that fact that I am going to need a whole new wardrobe.

I have purchased some thrift store clothes to get me through, but they are all too big now also. I really would like to get to goal weight with what I have and then have fun shopping!

Soooo....do I just give up trying to purge my closet until I get to goal? Ack...I'm a perfectionist (which means I often put things off, waiting for the 'perfect scenario'), and it's rendering me useless!!!!

Need some concrete suggestions!!!
Old 07-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #18  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TessaLynn View Post
Does anyone have any good recipes for salad dressings that are not WF? I am not keen on any of them and I'm having a hard time sticking to lettuce when I don't have anything to put on it. Other than lettuce, are there any other "free foods" to munch on?

I actually forgot my salad & veggies at home this morning so I am dying for food! All I've had is coffee and IP shake mixture this morning that I'm still sipping on since 8 (trying to make it last). I brought my bag of IP foods but I'm trying to hold out on using one until lunch. I am soooo hungry and actually light headed. The supplements also make me feel weird I find. Does this happen to anyone else?
If you have an extra unrestricted pack with you, I would go ahead and have one of those since you forgot your salad and veggies. Unless there's a grocery store nearby with a salad bar. During the first week or so it's ok to use an extra pack while you adjust. Make sure you are getting your salt in too - that can help with the light head feeling. I'd just put some on my hand and lick it off and follow it up with a glass of water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
i think that is the hardest time of day for me... the between breakfast and lunch... the afternoon always seems to go fast. Another person just sent me a recipe, wondering if anyone tried this... she uses protein powder, but said i could probably use an oatmeal pkg... with an egg some water some cinnamon etc... and make a pancake........ EVENING SNAK..... mmmm
Try crushing up the crispy cereal with egg white, a little baking powder and a splash of vanilla and a touch of water - makes a great pancake and doesn't use a restricted pack.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
If you have an extra unrestricted pack with you, I would go ahead and have one of those since you forgot your salad and veggies. Unless there's a grocery store nearby with a salad bar. During the first week or so it's ok to use an extra pack while you adjust. Make sure you are getting your salt in too - that can help with the light head feeling. I'd just put some on my hand and lick it off and follow it up with a glass of water.

Try crushing up the crispy cereal with egg white, a little baking powder and a splash of vanilla and a touch of water - makes a great pancake and doesn't use a restricted pack.
sounds good.... but i dont have any crispy cereal........ unless i can use the protein cherrios??? and the oatmeal is not restricted??
Old 07-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #20  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Does anyone have any good recipes for salad dressings that are not WF? I am not keen on any of them and I'm having a hard time sticking to lettuce when I don't have anything to put on it. Other than lettuce, are there any other "free foods" to munch on?

I actually forgot my salad & veggies at home this morning so I am dying for food! All I've had is coffee and IP shake mixture this morning that I'm still sipping on since 8 (trying to make it last). I brought my bag of IP foods but I'm trying to hold out on using one until lunch. I am soooo hungry and actually light headed. The supplements also make me feel weird I find. Does this happen to anyone else?

Oh no! Can you make a run to Subway? You can get a DELICIOUS on-plan salad there.

As for dressing alternatives, I sometimes mix up a little olive oil and brown spicy mustard for a delicious and easy dressing. You could add some vinegar in also, but I only have white vinegar at my house. I mix this up at restaurants (just bring a small packet of spicy mustard in my purse and ask for a side of EVOO).
Old 07-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #21  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
sounds good.... but i dont have any crispy cereal........ unless i can use the protein cherrios??? and the oatmeal is not restricted??
Oops, didn't realize you were using alternatives. I have no clue on those but I'm sure someone will chime in with suggestions.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Oops, didn't realize you were using alternatives. I have no clue on those but I'm sure someone will chime in with suggestions.
using PRO ENERGY...... pretty well identical to IP product, just cheaper by like 6-7 $ a box
Old 07-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #23  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Does anyone have any good recipes for salad dressings that are not WF?

Tessa,

I like to make my own stuff. I haven't tried the WF products but the ingredients turned me off. Here are my two favs that are super easy to make and keep in fridge. But beware because these are not packed with preservatives they do not keep as long as store bought dressings.

Emeril's Eggless Caesar Salad
(so easy and lemony)
Ingredients:
2 lemons, juiced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (annie's organic is sugar free and wine free)
1 tablespoon anchovy paste
Salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil (use light olive oil to get you olive oil requirement)

I put all ingredients into food processor and pulse expect oil, which i drizzle in at the end.

Asian vinegarette

2 cloves garlic
1 chuck of fresh ginger (about thumb size)
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (make sure no sugar one)
2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seed oil
2 tablespoons of olive oil
pinch of stevia

Same method here. All ingredients put into food processor and pulse then drizzle oil at the end. This one can be varied by adding extra veggies for a different flavor. I have added mushrooms, bell peppers, green onions.

I have learned a lot about salad dressings on this diet and I strongly feel that i will continue to make my own from now on even off the diet. No need for all that crap they add and calories.

I am having fun making my own!!
Old 07-03-2014, 11:54 AM   #24  

Hi everyone!
Had my weigh-in today since tomorrow is a holiday. I am very proud to say that I hit my first 50 pounds lost today! Down 52.8 total. There is still a long way to go but when I started on April 12th, I would never have imagined being this successful in this amount of time (or at all). I owe a lot to the wonderful posters here on the IP boards. I am inspired and motivated by all of the stories that are shared along the way. I look up to so many of you and just want to say thank you!
Old 07-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

evemomma: Just ditch the almost-fit/slightly too big clothes because your thrifty self sees a full closet and no need to spend any money...
Once you see what properly fits, you might be able to make up a little list of missing essentials (depending on your lifestyle - could be jeans & t-shirts, or could be office suit & blouses for instance). Then head to a quality consignment or thrift shop and check some things out. Don't look too carefully at the sizes in the thrift shops because the sizes have changed a lot in the past few years. Just find something that looks like it might fit when you hold it up to yourself and try them on. If you really are thrifty - don't settle for just anything that fits - find something you really like and you will get more use out of it because you wear it more often. If you buy quality clothing (even from consignment or thrift shops) it will not be difficult to have it resold at a consignment place when you have shrunk out of it. You probably don't need to worry about the quality part for t-shirts and the like, but get good jeans and dress clothes if you use them because they can be resold.

Liana
Old 07-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #26  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Hi everyone!
Had my weigh-in today since tomorrow is a holiday. I am very proud to say that I hit my first 50 pounds lost today! Down 52.8 total. There is still a long way to go but when I started on April 12th, I would never have imagined being this successful in this amount of time (or at all). I owe a lot to the wonderful posters here on the IP boards. I am inspired and motivated by all of the stories that are shared along the way. I look up to so many of you and just want to say thank you!
WOWOWOW! What an amazing milestone! IP works! Congratulations!
Old 07-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 181/159 RESTART: 170/167/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
Tessa,

I like to make my own stuff. I haven't tried the WF products but the ingredients turned me off. Here are my two favs that are super easy to make and keep in fridge. But beware because these are not packed with preservatives they do not keep as long as store bought dressings.

Emeril's Eggless Caesar Salad
(so easy and lemony)
Ingredients:
2 lemons, juiced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (annie's organic is sugar free and wine free)
1 tablespoon anchovy paste
Salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil (use light olive oil to get you olive oil requirement)

I put all ingredients into food processor and pulse expect oil, which i drizzle in at the end.

Asian vinegarette

2 cloves garlic
1 chuck of fresh ginger (about thumb size)
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (make sure no sugar one)
2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seed oil
2 tablespoons of olive oil
pinch of stevia

Same method here. All ingredients put into food processor and pulse then drizzle oil at the end. This one can be varied by adding extra veggies for a different flavor. I have added mushrooms, bell peppers, green onions.

I have learned a lot about salad dressings on this diet and I strongly feel that i will continue to make my own from now on even off the diet. No need for all that crap they add and calories.

I am having fun making my own!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Oh no! Can you make a run to Subway? You can get a DELICIOUS on-plan salad there.

As for dressing alternatives, I sometimes mix up a little olive oil and brown spicy mustard for a delicious and easy dressing. You could add some vinegar in also, but I only have white vinegar at my house. I mix this up at restaurants (just bring a small packet of spicy mustard in my purse and ask for a side of EVOO).
Thank you both so much for those ideas! I will DEFINITELY BE TRYING THEM! I have been using white vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder and a seasoning blend. The seasoning blend doesn't have MSG in it but I don't think I am supposed to be using it, idk why. This has been good but it's getting old really quickly and I need alternatives because I was going from plain lettuce to lettuce with this. A variety will help me stick to the program.

My veggies have consisted of broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, tomatoes, pickles and green beans. I need to get creative with these things too.

On my lunch break I will definitely be hitting up my local grocery store for lettuce!! lol. I will also go to the facility where I purchase my IP products and load up on variation to help insure I don't cheat over the long weekend. I am stressing over that! I feel I am on the verge of cheating any second now! lol. Hopefully my determination sees me through!

Last edited by TessaLynn; 07-03-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Quote:
Hi everyone!
YAY!!:carr ot: Congrats!!!! Feels GREAT doesn't it!!!!
Old 07-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

TessaLynn: Stuffed baked peppers are really yummy - mix tuna, spices, green onion and cauliflower cut up fine ('riced') and stuff the peppers & bake them. It's a good idea to blanch your peppers first so that they don't have tough skins after baking.
You can also do it with chopped chicken breast, cooked xtra lean ground beef etc.

Salad dressings can also be flavoured with Bragg's Aminos or soy sauce & all kinds of hot sauces and any mustards except honey mustard. Think about the flavours you like and try to figure out what non-carb/caloric ingredients give that flavour to substitute if need be.

Last edited by canadjineh; 07-03-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 181/159 RESTART: 170/167/130

Quote:
Hi everyone!
Congratulations Grace!!! That is awesome and inspiring!
Closed Thread