Old 09-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Oh! Chilly doesn't compute here!

although we're supposed to have a "cold front" this weekend - with highs in the 80's...
Here either!!!
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:04 PM   #317  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

Hi there fellow Juliers!! I had a blue jean NSV today too!

Everything's to wash so I was diggin' and grabbed a pair of denim capris, looked at the tag, hesitated, put one leg in then the other, pulled them up, buttoned and zipped them, then stuck my hand down the front with room to spare! I've been wearing out my 16W shorts (as they fall down) all summer and these capris are a 14R and loose in the butt and waist
Pebbles1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles1964 View Post
Hi there fellow Juliers!! I had a blue jean NSV today too!

Everything's to wash so I was diggin' and grabbed a pair of denim capris, looked at the tag, hesitated, put one leg in then the other, pulled them up, buttoned and zipped them, then stuck my hand down the front with room to spare! I've been wearing out my 16W shorts (as they fall down) all summer and these capris are a 14R and loose in the butt and waist
yay!!!!!!!
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:52 AM   #319  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Sorry Fallis not visiting everyone....one of my favorite seasons in NJ

Another cool day and another pair of pants that needs a belt lol. I seriously need to go thru my closet soon and figure out what I have to wear for fall \ winter..... Can't be without work clothes. I am also certain that some if my shoes won't fit. Had this problem in the summer once the swelling went down on IP. Almost killed myself walking out of a great pair of heals! had to retire them....

Question since you started IP have you kept your " larger" clothes, or do you get rid of them as soon as they are too big?
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #320  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Question since you started IP have you kept your " larger" clothes, or do you get rid of them as soon as they are too big?
Good morning!

I'll do a big purge once goal is met. Now. . . having said that. . . I do keep a donation bag/box in the garage that gets taken out once/twice a year. That usually contains kids' stuff, but if I feel the urge, I'll just add to that.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:49 AM   #321  

I have been removing my larger clothes from my closet and dresser as I go with the intention of donating or selling. I don't want to have the option of putting them back on. I've already given away a few items, but lots under the bed awaiting distribution
kennasmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:39 AM   #322  

Closet purge was good this weekend. Found lots of clothes I can wear mostly pants.....like 40 pairs of either 18 or 20 that all fit! Geeze you think I over buy lol....anyway I am thrilled to have some non stretch pants in my rotation now! Since I have always been on the larger side chest wise, I was not lucky enough to find many smaller tops. I am going to just wear the larger ones for now and just pick up a few smaller ones to rotate in and out.

Today I'm wearing a new / closet find pair of tan Gloria Vanderbilt jeans with a cute leapord print top I bought at the end of last season and it was too tight... Looking good today!
Old 09-15-2014, 08:57 AM   #323  
Started IP July 28, 2014

Been a bit quiet the last week or so, finishing up at my old job and I've also taken up knitting which has cut down my surfing time significantly lol. I'm off this week, so I should be around more.

I'll also be doing some closet purging/shopping this week. I'm starting a new job on Monday so I need to find some better fitting clothes or go buy some. I hate to spend a lot of money (hopefully Value Village will come through), but at least a lot of the sleeveless tops are on sale (I tend to wear those with a cardi or blazer). I bought a few pairs of pants at 50% off yesterday, so I'm fine there. Unfortunately I think I'll be buying a lot for the next few "decades", all my work clothes are at around the 300 mark or the 220 mark, so I have awhile to go before I can fit back into them.

A slightly better loss this week, down an even 3 lbs.

Off to the grocery store now, planning to make a bunch of the veggie purees and freeze them this week while I'm off. I imagine the first couple of weeks at the new place will be a bit hectic so I figure those will help me be better prepared. I'm also going from a 5 minute to 40 minute commute so that will be an adjustment.

Hoping my El Camino bracelet arrives in the next few days! Have a great week everyone...

Last edited by SarahBee_; 09-15-2014 at 08:58 AM.
SarahBee_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #324  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Did a closet purge yesterday and filled up two bags for the donate pile. I have no slacks, and my fall shirts are still wearable but loose. Fortunately I can get away with jeans most of the time. (Although those are pretty loose with belt that I'm not sure I'll be able to wear them much longer.) I actually found a pair of capri's in a tub that still had the tags on! They were a little big but will fit with a belt.
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:13 PM   #325  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

I am not ready to offload many clothes yet -- my largest size wardrobe that I have been wearing the past year is mostly lycra and spandex -- so much of it still fits, despite my almost 25lb official loss to date. I was reluctant to buy very high quality clothes at such large sizes, so I won't be sorry to get rid of what I have when the time comes.

I did post in the daily chat about the pant suit that I thought I was going to now fit into, but it seems I passed right by it -- the pants almost fell off this morning when I went to put it on. Instead I find I am fitting into some nicer clothing items that I have in somewhat smaller sizes -- this is great, since many work well for Fall weather.

I was just looking over our tickers and I see that we July Starters are doing pretty darn good with our weight losses. I am so glad to be on this journey with you all!!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:15 PM   #326  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

WTG oneuh2!!
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:24 PM   #327  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
WTG oneuh2!!
Thanks JJTx!! Right back atcha -- your progress is fantastic!!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:17 AM   #328  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I am not ready to offload many clothes yet -- my largest size wardrobe that I have been wearing the past year is mostly lycra and spandex -- so much of it still fits, despite my almost 25lb official loss to date. I was reluctant to buy very high quality clothes at such large sizes, so I won't be sorry to get rid of what I have when the time comes.

I did post in the daily chat about the pant suit that I thought I was going to now fit into, but it seems I passed right by it -- the pants almost fell off this morning when I went to put it on. Instead I find I am fitting into some nicer clothing items that I have in somewhat smaller sizes -- this is great, since many work well for Fall weather.

I was just looking over our tickers and I see that we July Starters are doing pretty darn good with our weight losses. I am so glad to be on this journey with you all!!
Yeah July Starters

I have lots of stretchy pants too, so even though larger, I can get away with them and also holding on to them seems to be a comfort thing for me to hold on to... Shirts I am wearing big, actually some of them are not big, but actually fit now lol. My goal is from this point on not to purchase pants with stretch! This way I am accountable. Even with the closet purge I still have plenty of clothes. Planning to but a few tops that actually fit well so I can feel good with my progress. Not really planning on spending a lot of money on clothes and will only shop with a coupon lol..
Old 09-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #329  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Did a closet purge yesterday and brought all the bins down from the attic. Turns our I don't need to shop just yet. I have quite a few fall/winter clothes in my current size. Also have bunches of sweaters that will fit for another minute or two - I am hoping sweater weather arrives so that I can use them before they are way too big.

one frustration - I seem to be losing inches everywhere except around my middle. So some of the one-size-down pants don't fit comfortably yet - but the current sized ones which fit at the waist look like clown pants everywhere else! The waist has to catch up at some point, right?
loser58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:39 AM   #330  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

Yeah. . . .I don't have very big ta-tas and am hooking my bras as tight as they will go because I am sliming down . . . . yesterday I was reaching for something up high and my bra came up over my boobs. . . oh no! So, I guess I better go bra shopping.