Old 08-04-2014, 12:07 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 243/221/143

Height: 4'11"

I haven't checked in for awhile. Friday was my weigh-in. Down 9 lbs in 12 days. Not to bad. Coach said I would have done better if I had not cheated. Yep. I did cheat. I felt horrible for 2 weeks-then I had a few carbs and felt great. She said I'm like a drug addict that needed a fix. lol Next time get thru it w/o the carbs. I will try again this week (week 3)
fitb4fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:56 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 192.7/183/140

Height: 5' 8"

1st week weigh in and I am down 6.2. Yay!

Also just started TOM....So I am happy I had a nice loss regardless.
OperationSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:59 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 192.7/183/140

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitb4fifty View Post
I haven't checked in for awhile. Friday was my weigh-in. Down 9 lbs in 12 days. Not to bad. Coach said I would have done better if I had not cheated. Yep. I did cheat. I felt horrible for 2 weeks-then I had a few carbs and felt great. She said I'm like a drug addict that needed a fix. lol Next time get thru it w/o the carbs. I will try again this week (week 3)
Congrats on the 9 lbs! That is GREAT!
OperationSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationSkinny View Post
1st week weigh in and I am down 6.2. Yay!
awesome!!!
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:47 AM   #185  
Started IP July 28, 2014

One week weigh in today - down exactly 10 pounds. Excited to start digging into some of the recipes this week.
SarahBee_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 157/148/137

Height: 5'7"

Cool starting week 4

Ok had wi today and there was no weight lost. I stayed the same. Coach measured my Bust, waist, hips and it seems there has been change -- 3/4 in on bust, 3/4 in on waist and 2 1/4 in on hips.

I did cheat in that I had 3 puddings in one day on Sat. It was a miny binge. What is my prob? I am having sugar cravings. My coach said that I need to watch the splenda. For example, i went out to dinner and ate 4 splenda in 4 unsweetened ice teas. She says all the splenda confuses the body. Perhaps makes the body make insulin?

So this week, i will watch the splenda and truvia intake. She said it is normal to plateau a bit and then lose again. I am going to be super OP this week. I really have been all along, but for splenda/truvia consumption at meals when drinking ice tea.

Does anyone else have trouble with their sweet tooth?

I am trying not to be disappointed with no weight loss on week 3.
suziqindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 157/148/137

Height: 5'7"

SarahBee - 10 lbs in one week? that is amazing! please share your secret!
suziqindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #188  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziqindc View Post
Ok had wi today and there was no weight lost. I stayed the same. Coach measured my Bust, waist, hips and it seems there has been change -- 3/4 in on bust, 3/4 in on waist and 2 1/4 in on hips.

I did cheat in that I had 3 puddings in one day on Sat. It was a miny binge. What is my prob? I am having sugar cravings. My coach said that I need to watch the splenda. For example, i went out to dinner and ate 4 splenda in 4 unsweetened ice teas. She says all the splenda confuses the body. Perhaps makes the body make insulin?

So this week, i will watch the splenda and truvia intake. She said it is normal to plateau a bit and then lose again. I am going to be super OP this week. I really have been all along, but for splenda/truvia consumption at meals when drinking ice tea.

If you take a look at the thread "I feel so disappointed'... something like that - it was just started in the past few days -- you will see lot's of good feedback to help you understand and get past a disappointing weigh in. For one thing, weeks 3-5 can apparently be a regular dip in losses, but check on the thread for some helpful comments and advice.

Regarding the sweet tooth -- I certainly am addicted to sugar. I have been using Stevia in the Raw -- probably about 5 packets in a day. I am aware that this is probably too many... but less than a month ago I was having at least 10 a day. Gotta just back off of it a little at a time. I know I need to get away from the sweet stuff if I am going to keep the weight off this time. Sugar has been my consistent downfall and tool of self sabotage my whole life.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #189  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Check out "Feeling Discouraged"
Great conversation about a slow loss weigh in.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:46 PM   #190  
Started IP July 28, 2014

Quote:
SarahBee - 10 lbs in one week? that is amazing! please share your secret!
No secret, I just have a lot more weight to lose and I think it comes off faster at the start in cases like mine. It was also the first week, so some of it isn't "real" weight lost.
SarahBee_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 212

Height: 5'2

Default Starting today.

I am starting this journey for a new life for myself today. I packed on 30lbs in the last year.I was already 30 lbs overweight to begin with. Alot of new beginnings for me, Divorce after 32 years. New relationship. Loss of old friends. New job. Just a whole new life and consoled myself with food. Its tough but just tired of feeling tired. So today I made a promise to myself to become healthier.
MJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
snip...

Does anyone else have trouble with their sweet tooth? ...snip
I asked my coach and she said that only 4 packets of splenda are allowed per day. I do have a sweet tooth which I've helped calm by having a Vanilla RTD each night before bed. It's sweeter than the chocolate (IMO) so it's a nice treat I look forward to each night.

AFM - this weekend sucked. My family was visiting friends of ours and I prepped every meal and snack before we left so I could remain OP the entire weekend. Well, then we went to the zoo on Saturday. When the group decided to stay there for lunch (instead of going home where my food was as originally planned) I had to choose between pizza, burgers, tacos, and a chicken caesar salad. The salad won. With all the walking I even ate the dressing. Then on Sunday (before the four hour drive home) we helped clean out a storage unit for two hours and went to lunch at a Pizza/Italian place after that. Yes, I could have brought in my pickled asparagus, cauli/broc salad and crisps and eaten them at the table but that seemed really rude (bringing your own food in to a higher end restaurant). So I ended up with another chicken caesar salad and two Italian meatballs as I was so, so hungry.

Besides those two meals I was OP the rest of the weekend, but the scale still showed a one pound gain from Friday to Monday. I've been trying so hard to be OP and combine TOM starting soon, a general disappointed in myself feeling, and still being SO hungry it's just a down day. Hoping to at least maintain at weigh-in this Wednesday. And an up-swing in feelings.

Thanks for letting me vent.
takers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #193  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by takers View Post
I asked my coach and she said that only 4 packets of splenda are allowed per day. I do have a sweet tooth which I've helped calm by having a Vanilla RTD each night before bed. It's sweeter than the chocolate (IMO) so it's a nice treat I look forward to each night.

AFM - this weekend sucked. My family was visiting friends of ours and I prepped every meal and snack before we left so I could remain OP the entire weekend. Well, then we went to the zoo on Saturday. When the group decided to stay there for lunch (instead of going home where my food was as originally planned) I had to choose between pizza, burgers, tacos, and a chicken caesar salad. The salad won. With all the walking I even ate the dressing. Then on Sunday (before the four hour drive home) we helped clean out a storage unit for two hours and went to lunch at a Pizza/Italian place after that. Yes, I could have brought in my pickled asparagus, cauli/broc salad and crisps and eaten them at the table but that seemed really rude (bringing your own food in to a higher end restaurant). So I ended up with another chicken caesar salad and two Italian meatballs as I was so, so hungry.

Besides those two meals I was OP the rest of the weekend, but the scale still showed a one pound gain from Friday to Monday. I've been trying so hard to be OP and combine TOM starting soon, a general disappointed in myself feeling, and still being SO hungry it's just a down day. Hoping to at least maintain at weigh-in this Wednesday. And an up-swing in feelings.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Hang in there and get back OP 100% and you'll be fine. You most likely are retaining water from extra sodium and it should go back down in a day or two. Drink a lot of extra water.

Things happen and you were in a rough spot. So next time you'll be better prepared. Ask to modify the salad so it's OP, have a dressing packet in your purse or ask for some lemon, etc. Keep an extra packet with you so you can eat it or mix it with water before you get to the "I'm starving" spot. The important part is you get right back OP and keep going.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 150.4/143.2/125

Height: 5'3

Hi . . a few quick questions for you all. Does your coach measure your hydration level each week? If so, are any of you in the negative?
I am . . . and continue to go lower each week. (I just had my 4th weight in today . . . down 10 pounds total . . . in a month.) I started at 150.4 and am now at 140.4. Hope to get to 125.
I drink tons of water . . . at least 80 t0 90 ounces a day. I used to be a heavy coffee drinker. The last two weeks no coffee at all.
I rarely use salt . . . it is a struggle to get the 1/4 salt in.
Any ideas for me?
byebyefat57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:57 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 343 / 323 / 200

Default Started July 29th

I lost 8.6 lbs and 6.4 in. While that's great I was really hoping for double digits lol
Oh well, a little bit closer to my very far away goal
brsc is offline   Reply With Quote