3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Any July starters out there? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/297462-any-july-starters-out-there.html)

OperationSkinny 07-29-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahBee_ (Post 5048351)
Hello all,

I just started IP yesterday, so a very late July starter. These last two days have been unexpectedly busy with something that came up last minute, so I'm eager to get into a better routine for the rest of the week. I haven't had much difficulty so far in sticking to it, but maybe my busy-ness has helped.

Anyways, look forward to getting to know you all! I'll post an intro and whatnot tomorrow night hopefully. :)

Hi Sarabee: I just started yesterday too. We will keep each other accountable ok? :welcome2:

JJTx 07-29-2014 11:23 PM

OperationSkinny - if you're not locked into a location and they are close to you, look up Texas Diabetes and Endocrinology. They have several offices north and south and you don't have to wait for an info session to start.

lisa32989 07-30-2014 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruby11 (Post 5047974)
Hi, I am in week 2 and if anyone out there can give me ideas for veggies please do. I read all I can find for recipes and most include cauliflower which to me taste terrible no matter what I do and I have tried it all. I also don't like onions, peppers or mushrooms. I don't think I can eat anymore zucchini or asparagus after alternating between the 2 for the last 15 days. Ideas?

Go to the first post of the daily chat thread and find the link to the fun with veggie piers thread.

In addition, be sure you're participating on threads with the rest of the "community" - not just with the July folks. Go where the wisdom is. Look for people who aren't new who have learned how to make this workable. That's what helped me!

oneuh2 07-30-2014 11:27 AM

Lisa is SO RIGHT! There is a huge amount of tips, tricks, wisdom and motivation in the other threads of 3FC Ideal Protein forum -- Home for 100% is a daily go to for me now -- it is so informative, and quite a few of the participants there are within a few pounds of goal, or already reached goal, and they are on P2 or later phase. They have stayed with IP for the duration and have faced so many situations that we all are likely to come up against. Thanks for the good advice, Lisa!!

I do hope we July 2014 starters will check in here periodically as well -- I am looking forward to sharing experiences and results here. I will be back here tomorrow evening to post about my 3rd weigh in. Home scale this morning looked like 15 lbs... but I will post the official results from my coach's scale (usually a couple lbs behind my home scale). Hope to connect with everyone again then!!

OperationSkinny 07-30-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTx (Post 5048425)
OperationSkinny - if you're not locked into a location and they are close to you, look up Texas Diabetes and Endocrinology. They have several offices north and south and you don't have to wait for an info session to start.

Thanks JJTx. I will see how I do with alternatives (and help from this forum). But that is good to know that I have a safety net nearby where I can go to if I need a counselor. :)

piperdown 07-30-2014 05:49 PM

Late starter

I found IP through my doctor's office. I'm on day 3 (start date: Jul 28), so suffering from headache and fatigue. Cravings were worse yesterday. Water isn't the issue, as I'm working on my 3rd cup of water AFTER the full 64oz. I tried a little salt a couple of hours ago. It helped a little. I guess it's just my body switching over.

Hubby started last Monday (Jul 21) and had his first weigh in today. He lost 9.2 lbs!!! Only .4 lbs of fat, but our coach said that's common in the first week.

He should be at his goal in 8-12 weeks, while I'm looking at close to a year in Phase 1. I'm trying to just focus on one day at a time. Having him doing this with me is making it much less stressful. Less temptation. I like that even as he progresses to the other phases, our diets won't be very different. That will make it easier for me to stay compliant.

On a more positive note, my lower leg edema is mostly gone and I'm walking easier. That is worth the headache....almost.

oneuh2 07-30-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piperdown (Post 5048898)
I found IP through my doctor's office. I'm on day 3 (start date: Jul 28), so suffering from headache and fatigue. Cravings were worse yesterday. Water isn't the issue, as I'm working on my 3rd cup of water AFTER the full 64oz. I tried a little salt a couple of hours ago. It helped a little. I guess it's just my body switching over.

Hubby started last Monday (Jul 21) and had his first weigh in today. He lost 9.2 lbs!!! Only .4 lbs of fat, but our coach said that's common in the first week.

He should be at his goal in 8-12 weeks, while I'm looking at close to a year in Phase 1. I'm trying to just focus on one day at a time. Having him doing this with me is making it much less stressful. Less temptation. I like that even as he progresses to the other phases, our diets won't be very different. That will make it easier for me to stay compliant.

On a more positive note, my lower leg edema is mostly gone and I'm walking easier. That is worth the headache....almost.

:wel3fc:

We have quite a few July Starters and we are glad to have you join us!
How great to be doing P1 with your husband for the first 2-3 months - after he moves on to the next phases he will appreciate where you are and what your requirements are to say on program. That's a big help! And by the time he is moving on, you will have your P1 routine figured out and down pat. Then you will be up close and personal with those later phases as he adapts and adjusts to them. Sounds like a good path to success for both of you!

My husband is a big supporter for me when I do any weight loss program - he is pan grilling our chicken burgers for dinner right now, but he is not on IP -- instead, I am Jack Spratt's wife these days. We were both overweight foodies until he had a gastric tumor and went through cancer treatment and major thoracic surgery. That was a decade ago - today he is a walking miracle survivor, but he struggles to stay above 125 lbs. So... my kitchen is not free of high calorie, heavy carb foods... but I am quickly learning to look past them.

Meanwhile - welcome to this thread - be sure to navigate to other threads where you can find the expertise of other than junior members like us newbies -- today I checked out the 'what are you eating today thread' - I think this is a good one that makes me plan ahead for the whole day and not just the next meal. And it's interesting to see how people arrange their food choices. I love the Home of 100% (No Cheats) -- so much good advice there. I can put in hours on this site because there is so much good info. I hope you will find it helpful too!

BlueBell101 07-30-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OperationSkinny (Post 5048350)
Hi Bluebell...I LOVE your name. Literally. It is my favorite ice cream! I don't have a clinic, I am doing this on my own. I had been trying to go to the "info sessions" at my doctor's clinic which is up north and I have been missing them for the last month (they happen only twice a month) so I did not want to wait yet another 2 weeks (!!!) so I just started on my own yesterday. I have been lurking on this board for a couple of months so I figured I would just dive in. I am THAT anxious to just start :D :D :D So I am a total newbie.

Why don't you email me and I can be your accountability partner :D how do you private message on here? I LoVe Bluebell too.....I go to a private coach and could probably give you a bunch of local info.. How much are you wanting to lose? I would like to get down to 165. This is a fast moving plan but life changing. No more Bluebell double dips just single scoops for me.....LOL!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

BlueBell101 07-30-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTx (Post 5048425)

Hi JJTx are you in Austin too? Was just wonderind, I go to a Dr.'s office south. :D:D

BlueBell101 07-30-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piperdown (Post 5048898)

Hi Piper-
Hang in there....the headaches go away...I put sea salt in my hand 1/8 tsp and then chased it down with water. Also, valasic brand pickles make some spears in sea salt.
That is awsome your hubby is on plan too. Congrats on your leg edema getting better....wow that's awsome. :D:carrot::dizzy: Welcome!!!

Tanklan 07-30-2014 09:09 PM

I'm a July starter, into my 3rd week. Finding there is a wealth of info on here! WOW!

oneuh2 07-30-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanklan (Post 5049003)
I'm a July starter, into my 3rd week. Finding there is a wealth of info on here! WOW!

Welcome Tanklan!!

Just finishing my 3rdweek too - :high:
I am going for 3rd weigh in tomorrow and will share results!:comp:

Glad to by sharing my journey with all you July Starters!

JJTx 07-30-2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBell101 (Post 5048995)
Hi JJTx are you in Austin too? Was just wonderind, I go to a Dr.'s office south. :D:D

Up north in the 'burbs :D

OperationSkinny 07-30-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBell101 (Post 5048993)
Why don't you email me and I can be your accountability partner :D how do you private message on here? I LoVe Bluebell too.....I go to a private coach and could probably give you a bunch of local info.. How much are you wanting to lose? I would like to get down to 165. This is a fast moving plan but life changing. No more Bluebell double dips just single scoops for me.....LOL!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Yes please! I need ALL the accountability I can get. :hug: I will PM you in a few minutes. My PM to you just got rejected bc I did not have 10 posts yet. So let me post away and then get back to ya ;-)

BlueBell101 07-30-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5048255)
dash97 Go to the top of the screen where the purple stripe across the screen has tabs - at the top left you will see User CP (I guess that is User Custom Profile) -- click on it and you will see on the left panel a link to create your profile - you can post starting, current and goal weights that will then appear under your name when you post.

After a couple weeks you can Edit your signature and create a weight ticker and add that to appear at the bottom of your postings. Then you can update when you have weigh in's and watch the ticker track your progress as time goes by.

Thanks oneuh2 with your help on giving me instructions earlier regarding the tracker set up. :dizzy:I am getting ready to try and figure it out. Hope you are having a good week on IP. Mine is plain jane. Looking forward yto eating out with hubby on Saturday to spruce it up a notch:D........:carrot::carrot::carrot: