Old 07-29-2014, 12:11 PM   #106  

Default have to wait until August :(

Need to see the doctor first and save some money! But I really can't wait to start IP!
iamjokeyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby11 View Post
Hi, I am in week 2 and if anyone out there can give me ideas for veggies please do. I read all I can find for recipes and most include cauliflower which to me taste terrible no matter what I do and I have tried it all. I also don't like onions, peppers or mushrooms. I don't think I can eat anymore zucchini or asparagus after alternating between the 2 for the last 15 days. Ideas?
I hate cauliflower too :P

Try oven-roasted brussel sprouts, or steam a mix of spinach and kale. Cucumbers, and I'll give a second vote to jicama. Shredded cabbage - you can mix up like cole slaw or cook it like stir-fry.
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:25 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 168.8/136.4./130

Height: 5'2''

Ruby, I roasted rutabaga yesterday. (First time I had them since my mom use to make us eat them at Christmas. ) I bought it already cut up, I cup it a bit smaller, measured out 2 cups, put them on tin foil, drizzled with evoo I measured out first, lots of salt and pepper. Put them in a preheated 400 oven for 30 mins. They were excellent with a splash of apple cider vinegar. Tasted more like a tater tot.
ommamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:27 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 168.8/136.4./130

Height: 5'2''

Hi everyone. I ended week 1 yesterday. My weight this a.m. was down 4.8 lbs.
Whoooooo Hooooooo.
It is okay to toot my own horn right???
Looking forward to this and to conversing with all of you too.
ommamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #110  
IP 07/18/14

S/C/G: 197/163.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommamma View Post
Whoooooo Hooooooo.
Good job! IMO We all deserve to brag a little... we worked hard for these results!
danijo8806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 192.7/183/140

Height: 5' 8"

Default Just made it into the July starters...just barely!

Lurking for a few weeks but just started yesterday and today is Day 2. So excited to finally join you guys on this journey!
OperationSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:04 PM   #112  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/5/2017 232./204/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash97 View Post
It has been one week for me today and looking forward to weigh in tonight to see how close they are to my scale at home (which isn't fancy). The week was pretty good. Found it hard to get all the food in some days. I have quite a bit to lose, but don't know how to put that on here the way everyone does. Do enjoy this blog.
dash97 Go to the top of the screen where the purple stripe across the screen has tabs - at the top left you will see User CP (I guess that is User Custom Profile) -- click on it and you will see on the left panel a link to create your profile - you can post starting, current and goal weights that will then appear under your name when you post.

After a couple weeks you can Edit your signature and create a weight ticker and add that to appear at the bottom of your postings. Then you can update when you have weigh in's and watch the ticker track your progress as time goes by.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:08 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Had my 4th week weigh in this morning - down 2 1/2 lbs. According to the fancy scale at the clinic, I lost 3 1/2 lbs of fat, and gained muscle. Goodbye fat!
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:10 PM   #114  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/5/2017 232./204/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationSkinny View Post
Lurking for a few weeks but just started yesterday and today is Day 2. So excited to finally join you guys on this journey!

I lurked for the better part of a year before I posted anything, I wasted a year trying to zip weight off with homeopathic HCG. Finally enrolled in Ideal Protein earlier this month.
So glad to you have you in our July Starter group -- be sure to subscribe to some of the other threads -- especially be sure to include Home of 100% (No Cheats) -- great group of stalwart IP'ers who have achieved excellent results and are so willing to share tips, tricks, and encouragement and support.

Looking forward to sharing journey and progress with you!!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:34 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 236/220/155

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby11 View Post
Hi, I am in week 2 and if anyone out there can give me ideas for veggies please do. I read all I can find for recipes and most include cauliflower which to me taste terrible no matter what I do and I have tried it all. I also don't like onions, peppers or mushrooms. I don't think I can eat anymore zucchini or asparagus after alternating between the 2 for the last 15 days. Ideas?
Hi Ruby, do you like Turnips? They are in season right now.....or just walk the frozen isle and pick one to try? Sometimes I go to the deli and pick one that is prepared plain. I eat a lot of frozen broccoli and fresh green beans

P.S. I chop the turnip and mix with my beans or mash like potatoes. Hope this helps
BlueBell101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:40 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post

I lurked for the better part of a year before I posted anything, I wasted a year trying to zip weight off with homeopathic HCG. Finally enrolled in Ideal Protein earlier this month.
So glad to you have you in our July Starter group -- be sure to subscribe to some of the other threads -- especially be sure to include Home of 100% (No Cheats) -- great group of stalwart IP'ers who have achieved excellent results and are so willing to share tips, tricks, and encouragement and support.

Looking forward to sharing journey and progress with you!!
Thanks Oneuh2!!! I will have to go check out that forum. My struggle right now is that I am extremely exhausted. I went to bed last night at 7:30 and slept 12 hours and right now I just want to nap. Crazy!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:44 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommamma View Post
Whoooooo Hooooooo.
Woohoo for you!!!! That's awsome!!! Good job
Old 07-29-2014, 08:50 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationSkinny View Post
Thanks Oneuh2!!! I will have to go check out that forum. My struggle right now is that I am extremely exhausted. I went to bed last night at 7:30 and slept 12 hours and right now I just want to nap. Crazy!
Operation Skinny: Hi! We both live in Austin. I wonder if we go to the same clinic. I am in week 4 and live south. Live, eat and breathe IP right now.......
Old 07-29-2014, 09:45 PM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBell101 View Post
Operation Skinny: Hi! We both live in Austin. I wonder if we go to the same clinic. I am in week 4 and live south. Live, eat and breathe IP right now.......
Hi Bluebell...I LOVE your name. Literally. It is my favorite ice cream! I don't have a clinic, I am doing this on my own. I had been trying to go to the "info sessions" at my doctor's clinic which is up north and I have been missing them for the last month (they happen only twice a month) so I did not want to wait yet another 2 weeks (!!!) so I just started on my own yesterday. I have been lurking on this board for a couple of months so I figured I would just dive in. I am THAT anxious to just start So I am a total newbie.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:45 PM   #120  
Started IP July 28, 2014

Hello all,

I just started IP yesterday, so a very late July starter. These last two days have been unexpectedly busy with something that came up last minute, so I'm eager to get into a better routine for the rest of the week. I haven't had much difficulty so far in sticking to it, but maybe my busy-ness has helped.

Anyways, look forward to getting to know you all! I'll post an intro and whatnot tomorrow night hopefully.
SarahBee_ is offline   Reply With Quote