Old 09-20-2014, 07:06 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanklan View Post
The last couple of weeks seems to have been harder for me, weeks 9, 10. But I stayed with the plan and persevered and this weeks WI was 3.8!!! Guess I just needed to regroup and stay the course. This diet works for me like none other. It's challenging at times, but I can see sticking it out to my goal now. Bought the Beck Diet Solution, so am eager to started on that. Just having something to keep my diet in the forefront of my mind will help, I think. And also all the RESAONS for doing this.
Your doing great! I remember at some point about 2 months in I was so hungry one afternoon I sat and ate a full head of iceberg lettuce lol.... Those days have passed...I don't get my period anymore (or at least not regularly. 1 or 2 x per year) but if I pay attention to my hunger it is almost always greater the week I "should" have my period. Use the free veg to fill the gaps. I have been known to grab a cucumber and put salt on it and eat that. Also make sure all your water intake is water not tea or mio ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitb4fifty View Post
Lost 2.8 this week for a total of 22.2.
awesome job!
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:04 PM   #347  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/5/2017 232./204/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitb4fifty View Post
Lost 2.8 this week for a total of 22.2.
Excellent results! I am so proud of our group of July Starters -- it's not easy to take on a diet plan in the middle of the summer -- especially one that sets aside all the fruits veggies that are in season and at their height in July. But we are doing a really good job of sticking to the protocol and resisting the temptations...

Now we are facing the Fall season's delicacies and traditions.... I am doing my best to avoid the grocery store now that candy season has begun -- Halloween candy has been everywhere since before Labor Day and now those same candies will just change colors and remain in the spotlight thru Christmas, Valentines, St Patty's Day, Easter and the red and white and blue duo of Memorial/Independence Day -- October thru July... the only hiatus is August, and the stores are already presenting Halloween before August is over.

sigh.... fortunately, something about IP makes it much easier for me to pass that stuff by. And the payoff of more pounds lost is definitely more special than sweet stuff. Looking forward to more great results from everyone!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #348  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Excellent results! I am so proud of our group of July Starters -- it's not easy to take on a diet plan in the middle of the summer -- especially one that sets aside all the fruits veggies that are in season and at their height in July. But we are doing a really good job of sticking to the protocol and resisting the temptations...

Now we are facing the Fall season's delicacies and traditions.... I am doing my best to avoid the grocery store now that candy season has begun -- Halloween candy has been everywhere since before Labor Day and now those same candies will just change colors and remain in the spotlight thru Christmas, Valentines, St Patty's Day, Easter and the red and white and blue duo of Memorial/Independence Day -- October thru July... the only hiatus is August, and the stores are already presenting Halloween before August is over.

sigh.... fortunately, something about IP makes it much easier for me to pass that stuff by. And the payoff of more pounds lost is definitely more special than sweet stuff. Looking forward to more great results from everyone!
I have been going to the grocery store 2 or 3 times a week since IP, but we have a huge store nearby that I always used to go to for my weekly shopping, but it was also the store that I used to "treat" myself from every week. A donut, or a loaf of hot bread or there is a huge food court area so I would get chinese for lunch.....well I have been staying far away from it. But Tuesday I went because I needed to do more shopping then a veggie run. I have decided that I cannot go there! Too much temptation and I guess habit. I did not buy anything, but it was really a mind over matter talk that I had to have with myself. So I will stick to running into other stores like I have been a few times a week instead of going back into that store for a big shopping trip.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quiet week - how's everyone doing?

Our grocery store has samples and food demo's everywhere. Used to we'd snack our way around the store. So far, I have yet to see a demo of something that 100% OP, so I've walked on by.
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:33 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 163/141/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 54 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Quiet week - how's everyone doing?

Our grocery store has samples and food demo's everywhere. Used to we'd snack our way around the store. So far, I have yet to see a demo of something that 100% OP, so I've walked on by.
LOL, that's because there isn't much of a markup on fresh veg, etc. The store knows if you try the processed 'yummicrap' you are way more likely to throw a package in your cart, especially if they give you a 'coupon' along with the sample. And since it only costs them x cents to bring it in and they charge you 25 times x, they rake in the dough, and getcha hooked on the 'yummicrap.' Marketing... gotta love it, lol. Good girl for walking on by!

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 157/148/137

Height: 5'7"

Default September 23 WI

Hallelujah! I lost another 2 lbs and the weight is slowly coming off! I would like to be 159 next week! I am always amazed what the scale says. Why? Because I am not perfect and I do cheat here and there. This past week I had house guests -- I had 1 glass of red wine one night. Another night I had some brie cheese at cocktail hour. Another night I had several bites of creme brulee and apple crisp bites while out to dinner. I guess had the cheats not happened I would be down more lbs??

Yesterday, I was very challenged with a worrisome situation and i went out and bought two large cookies and ate them. It was the first time I have done that and it was a waste as the cookies weren't even very good. Ugh! Ready to be very good the rest of the week until weigh-in on Monday.

BTW - my jeans are fitting again -- yay! NSV!!! Here's looking to 159 next week! By the skin of my teeth!

My GOALS!!
By October 14th - 153;
By October 30 - 150;
By Nov 14 - 143;
By Nov 27 - Thanksgiving -- 140!
suziqindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:43 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziqindc View Post
Hallelujah! I lost another 2 lbs and the weight is slowly coming off! I would like to be 159 next week! I am always amazed what the scale says. Why? Because I am not perfect and I do cheat here and there. This past week I had house guests -- I had 1 glass of red wine one night. Another night I had some brie cheese at cocktail hour. Another night I had several bites of creme brulee and apple crisp bites while out to dinner. I guess had the cheats not happened I would be down more lbs??

Yesterday, I was very challenged with a worrisome situation and i went out and bought two large cookies and ate them. It was the first time I have done that and it was a waste as the cookies weren't even very good. Ugh! Ready to be very good the rest of the week until weigh-in on Monday.

BTW - my jeans are fitting again -- yay! NSV!!! Here's looking to 159 next week! By the skin of my teeth!

My GOALS!!
By October 14th - 153;
By October 30 - 150;
By Nov 14 - 143;
By Nov 27 - Thanksgiving -- 140!
I think the few cheats might have affected you a little bit, but a 2 pound loss is fabulous! Maybe focus this week on no (or really, really small cheats) and see if you have a bigger loss next week.

So excited about your jeans fitting again! Every time I get into a smaller size I'm shocked I can actually fit into them. Keep up the good work!
takers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:28 PM   #353  
oneuh2

It's official!!! I had my week 11 weigh in and am down a total of 30lbs - that's one third of the way to my goal! I am thrilled to be continuing in the right direction consistently.

I will be weighing in again on Monday because then I am going away on vacation to Hilton Head Island, SC, a week from today, and won't be going back for official weigh in until October 16 -- three weeks from now.

I am thinking I will be able to stay on P1 while I am away -- going to Hilton Head to meet up with the gang of girls from college -- we are all in our early 60's but when we get together it is just like it was when we were 19 and 20. There will be wine and we'll do some dining out, but it's a supportive, non-judgmental group, and staying OP will not be a 'social issue.'

The cool thing is that one my friends began IP a week behind me -- she has lost 30lbs too, and we both have about the same additional pounds to lose to reach goal. She lives outside St Louis and we talk every Sunday morning. I have not yet managed to convince her to become a regular here on 3FC - but while we are together in HHI, I plan to get show her the site on my computer. Hopefully she will join our group.... but even if she does not, I am so grateful to have just one more person supporting my journey.

suziqindc-- congrats on your continued loss despite the cheats -- my fingers are crossed that the scale moves down at your official weigh in on Monday!

Tanklan -- hang in there - you are doing a good job and you can make it thru the gnarly times. But maybe you need some magic.... comin' atcha:

JJTx, Sgrealtor, canadjineh: I love the grocery stories!! My stores don't have tasting stations (thank goodness for small favors) but my Harris Teeter store has complementary sugar cookies -- regular or low fat.... pretty good tasting, but not good enough to tempt me off program.

My DH is kind enuf to do most of the grocery shopping for our house. This will be increasingly important as the holidays draw closer. Aside from candy, all the baking paraphernalia begins to appear front and center, making me think of homemade cookies... plus other traditional holiday treats. I will be glad to stay away as much as I can.

Meanwhile, keeping on keeping on... YAY!!!
Old 09-25-2014, 10:46 PM   #354  

oneuh2: When my brother & I were quite young, we used to go grocery shopping as a family in the evening after supper. It was a fun occasion and maybe that's where I got my love of interesting foods, and reading the side panels on labels, lol. We often got to pick out a new fruit or veggie to try for that week. Mom & Dad never said 'no, that's too expensive'... even if we only bought one carambola to share for dessert one night (for instance) we all got to taste something new. I was always the kid who had 'weird' leftover European dinner food for lunch at school, lol. I still only eat maybe 1 sandwich a week (and that's usually if I get a craving for a Toasted Tuna and Lime Pickle sandwich.)

I think our family was a little different from most in a good way. On Sunday afternoons we would drive out to the International Airport and go to the departure and arrival gates and watch the people from all over come and go and speculate on their trips, and watch through the windows as the planes flew in & out. You can tell how old I am from that, lol. In those days anyone could get right up to the boarding gate and the waiting areas. Sometimes we would bring an indoor picnic to the airport for supper. I suppose that is the reason I have always loved planes, airports, and travel anywhere. I was pretty excited for our first international trip as a family... I was 8 and my brother 6 when we went to visit friends of our parents in Paris and relatives in northern Italy for 3 weeks. My DH & I try to fly somewhere different every couple of years although we have been to Hawaii a number of times, but each trip has been to a different area of the islands and a different focus.
Sorry all, that was a bit of a ramble down memory lane....
Liana
Old 09-25-2014, 11:17 PM   #355  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
oneuh2: When my brother & I were quite young, we used to go grocery shopping as a family in the evening after supper. It was a fun occasion and maybe that's where I got my love of interesting foods, and reading the side panels on labels, lol. We often got to pick out a new fruit or veggie to try for that week. Mom & Dad never said 'no, that's too expensive'... even if we only bought one carambola to share for dessert one night (for instance) we all got to taste something new. I was always the kid who had 'weird' leftover European dinner food for lunch at school, lol. I still only eat maybe 1 sandwich a week (and that's usually if I get a craving for a Toasted Tuna and Lime Pickle sandwich.)

I think our family was a little different from most in a good way. On Sunday afternoons we would drive out to the International Airport and go to the departure and arrival gates and watch the people from all over come and go and speculate on their trips, and watch through the windows as the planes flew in & out. You can tell how old I am from that, lol. In those days anyone could get right up to the boarding gate and the waiting areas. Sometimes we would bring an indoor picnic to the airport for supper. I suppose that is the reason I have always loved planes, airports, and travel anywhere. I was pretty excited for our first international trip as a family... I was 8 and my brother 6 when we went to visit friends of our parents in Paris and relatives in northern Italy for 3 weeks. My DH & I try to fly somewhere different every couple of years although we have been to Hawaii a number of times, but each trip has been to a different area of the islands and a different focus.
Sorry all, that was a bit of a ramble down memory lane....
Liana
Thanks for sharing your walk down memory lane - reminds me of grocery shopping with my mom -- we weren't overly adventurous regularly but we tried new foods from time to time, and we both enjoyed quite a love for food of all types... and how funny -- my famioy used to go to the airport to watch the planes come and go, and have dinner at the airport sit down restaurant.... I know I am dating myself with this story. Sometimes we'd go to National Airport just across the river from Wash DC, and sometimes we'd ride out to Dulles Airport. At Dulles, we could ride the mobile lounge cars out to the mid-field terminal - no plane ticket needed and no security line of any kind. Those were the days....
Old 09-25-2014, 11:24 PM   #356  

Ahhh, yes...oneuh2... walking out to board the planes by climbing those stairs on truck chassis'.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:55 AM   #357  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
It's official!!! I had my week 11 weigh in and am down a total of 30lbs - that's one third of the way to my goal! I am thrilled to be continuing in the right direction consistently.
CONGRATS!!!!!!
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:51 PM   #358  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
CONGRATS!!!!!!

right back atcha!!!
Old 09-26-2014, 10:55 PM   #359  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Oneuh2 for all your encouragement and the will power dust! I lost .2 this week which makes it an even 30 for me, too! Feeling like I am back to myself again and have added some water aerobics a couple times a week, which I have missed. Have a great time on your vacation! Sounds like a blast!
Tanklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:47 AM   #360  

Default Finally Someone Noticed!

Last night I was invited to dinner to a clients home that I sold a house to in June. They have not seen me since the closing. They also invited the mortgage broker who I have used for years, but who also has not seen me since their closing in June. I had already told them when I acceptef the invite that I needed to bring my own food and they were fine with that. They just really wanted me there.....

The reaction from them both husband and wife was enough to keep a smile on my face for the rest of the IP protocol. They were so thrilled for me and could not stop raving about how great I looked! Then the mortgage broker got there and she stopped dead in her tracks! She hugged me and was so complimentary. I had the give her and them the whole scoop on the IP protocol and the mortgage person who is a little overweight, but has some health issues is going to look into it at my clinic.....

So Damn you 240's that my body does not want to let me out of lol....I will break you!