Old 09-05-2014, 05:41 PM   #301  
Started IP July 28, 2014

I think I've decided on something for my mini goals. I had already been toying with an idea, but it was awfully expensive. Seeing everyone talk about bracelets yesterday decided me though. It's something I wanted anyways, and spread over the time it'll take me to lose the weight, it's not terrible.

I've traveled a lot, and I'm looking forward to being able to do it more easily again. There's this company called El Camino that makes bracelets and charms (called "steps") for countries/cities/regions visited. They're cheaper in packs of 4, so if I get one pack every 15 pounds lost, I'll have all 38 steps that I want when I reach my goal. The starter pack is the bracelet plus two steps, so I figure I'll make the first one double (convenient, since I hit the 200s this morning!).

I figure it's a good reminder of both the weight lost and the things I want to do when I've lost it (add more steps! :P).

oneuh2 - Good news from your WI?

Last edited by SarahBee_; 09-05-2014 at 05:44 PM.
SarahBee_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:49 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

SarahBee: I love those El Camino bracelets, that is exactly what I would choose. I've never been a Pandora person or any of the other add a charm bracelets either, until now. I always buy jewellery when we travel, so this could add to my collection. They look somewhat 'rustic' or 'ethnic' and I love that kind of jewellery anyhow.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:50 PM   #303  
Started IP July 28, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
SarahBee: I love those El Camino bracelets, that is exactly what I would choose. I've never been a Pandora person or any of the other add a charm bracelets either, until now. I always buy jewellery when we travel, so this could add to my collection. They look somewhat 'rustic' or 'ethnic' and I love that kind of jewellery anyhow.

Liana
I'm the same way. It's always the earrings or necklace that I bought while travelling that catch someone's eye. Definitely excited to add this to my collection, since it's all my adventures at once!
SarahBee_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:47 PM   #304  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBee_ View Post
I think I've decided on something for my mini goals. I had already been toying with an idea, but it was awfully expensive. Seeing everyone talk about bracelets yesterday decided me though. It's something I wanted anyways, and spread over the time it'll take me to lose the weight, it's not terrible.

I've traveled a lot, and I'm looking forward to being able to do it more easily again. There's this company called El Camino that makes bracelets and charms (called "steps") for countries/cities/regions visited. They're cheaper in packs of 4, so if I get one pack every 15 pounds lost, I'll have all 38 steps that I want when I reach my goal. The starter pack is the bracelet plus two steps, so I figure I'll make the first one double (convenient, since I hit the 200s this morning!).

I figure it's a good reminder of both the weight lost and the things I want to do when I've lost it (add more steps! :P).

oneuh2 - Good news from your WI?
SaraBee: Your mini goal reward plan looks terrific -- as soon as I saw you mention bracelets I thought of those charm bracelets that have become so popular in the last few years -- I started one for my niece a couple of years ago and I give her new charms each year at holiday time. Anyway - I think your idea is excellent!

Thanks for asking about my weigh in-- #8 and I am down 2.4 lbs this week for a total of 24lbs lost. Steady moves in the right direction every week -- and my body fat is down about 2 percent -- lean mass holding pretty steady. This is all good... and my hips are down 3 inches. I am pleased with my progress!

Tonite I went out to a restaurant -- only the 2nd time in 8 weeks and the first time was lunch on day 3 of my IP journey. This time I had duck grilled to medium, broccolini, and a pile of arugula salad. I was on program except the only vinegar they could give me was balsamic. All in all, I think that was darn close to OP, so I am ok about it.

And then... I went to a swing dance class. learned a couple new steps and then attended the weekly dance party -- some cha cha, foxtrot, waltz, rumba as well as swing -- good music, good time, and it felt good to move.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:23 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 243/221/143

Height: 4'11"

I weighed in today. Down 5.4lbs this week for a total of 21.4. Super excited. My jeans are all loose and my tops aren't as tight. Hopefully next week I will hit the 25lb mark. Thank you all for your encouragement.
fitb4fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:04 AM   #306  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Whooo Hooo, oneuh2, you finally got out to your dance party and wow! I bet you feel stupendous - I remember you saying how hard it was to make the decision to go to these events when you were heavier. Great NSV - and pretty good job with dinner too!

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:36 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Hey July Starters time to catch up with you all..

WI on Thursday brought my down under 250. So Very excited about this...been along time.

Had a friend pass away on Wednesday that I know from about 8 years ago. We used to be very active together on a WeightWatchers forum and we even went away for weekends together a few times, Met for dinner and got together as a group for afternoon spa days or pool days. We basically chatted by email every day! She was only 38. So sad. She had a rash, that turned into an infection of her immune system that led to sepsis and organ failure. Life is short...grab it and go!

Anyway that has really had me down all week, but unlike the old Sue who would have drown her sorrows in a bottle of wine and a loaf of crusty bread, I focused on dealing with those emotions without food and wine and guess what .... It worked I can do this without letting my emotions sabatoge me....

Moving forward....next goal I have my sights on is about 5 lbs away and that will be the smallest I have been that I can remember in a long long time. I had hovered around 248 for a few years way back and I so look forward to breaking that barrier. I was 230 when I got pregnant with my son. (he is 16 now) so looking forward to shattering that.... Lots of little milestones coming up for me. Just need to stay the course...
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:38 AM   #308  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBee_ View Post
I'm the same way. It's always the earrings or necklace that I bought while travelling that catch someone's eye. Definitely excited to add this to my collection, since it's all my adventures at once!
Gonna have to look up those bracelets to see what they are LOL...Love the idea of a visual!
Old 09-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #309  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Whooo Hooo, oneuh2, you finally got out to your dance party and wow! I bet you feel stupendous - I remember you saying how hard it was to make the decision to go to these events when you were heavier. Great NSV - and pretty good job with dinner too!

Liana
Yes! I did go to a rumba workshop 2 weeks ago, but this was the first dance party where, just like in high school, you are at the mercy of hanging out by the wall, waiting for someone to ask you to dance.... it takes some courage (gulp). And I did not dance every dance last nite, but I did dance quite a few -- enough that my feet were screaming and like everyone else who was dancing, I broke a sweat.

But I guess the best feeling is to be appreciated for dancing skill enough that a guy is not overcome by my current rotund body shape....

Liana, I must take a moment to thank you for trolling our July starter group so regularly -- you have so much experience to share, and you are so thoughtful and informative in your posts -- us relative newbies could not appreciate your participation in our thread more! You, Ruth Ann, Lisa, 65X65, Scorbett, and so many more contribute valuable information - so many details about how IP works that can really make a difference for those of us who are at the front end of our journey. The 100% thread and the Daily are regular hangouts for me, too, but I am so grateful that you go out of your way to tune in with those of us who are just 2 months in -- keep coming back!!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:35 AM   #310  

Hi July Starters!

Pulled some jeans out of the closet to wear this morning since it is a bit chilly here and I pulled them right on without a fight..... Walked outside to put the garbage out and they are falling down Looks like I need to go belt shopping LOL..

Long day ahead for me so packing my cooler. Ending the night with a PTA meeting...Cooked some extra turkey cutlets yesterday so will repeat that for dinner tonight for myself...DH will feed himself and DS..they were not fans of the turkey last night LOL..
Old 09-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #311  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Awesome NSV!!
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:17 AM   #312  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Hi July Starters!

Pulled some jeans out of the closet to wear this morning since it is a bit chilly here and I pulled them right on without a fight..... Walked outside to put the garbage out and they are falling down Looks like I need to go belt shopping LOL..

Long day ahead for me so packing my cooler. Ending the night with a PTA meeting...Cooked some extra turkey cutlets yesterday so will repeat that for dinner tonight for myself...DH will feed himself and DS..they were not fans of the turkey last night LOL..
GREAT NSV on the jeans!!!!!

sigh..... I wish I was able to say those words!!! LOL I know it's a bit early but me and my DH pulled our fall decorations out of the attic over the weekend and decorated the front porch. I LOVE decorations, I can't wait to put the Christmas ones up!!!! LOL I was hoping fall would get the hint and come already! lol

Last edited by Kellyc14; 09-09-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #313  

Kelly - don't worry, you will! You've already knocked out 51 pounds, that's amazing!!
Old 09-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #314  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Kelly - don't worry, you will! You've already knocked out 51 pounds, that's amazing!!
LOL Thank you! I was talking about being able to say it's chilly out though

I finally out grew my jeans (wait...out grew?....I don't think that's the right word....) a couple of weeks ago. DH and I went to the store and they were literally falling off of me, he made me retire them when we got home. LOL
Five years ago I caught an amazing sale at GAP and bought 6 pair of size 16 jeans/dress pants that were too small at the time and I have never been able to wear, well they fit now but I doubt I'll get to wear them very long because they are already getting loose on me. I'm not complaining though!!!
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #315  

Oh! Chilly doesn't compute here!

although we're supposed to have a "cold front" this weekend - with highs in the 80's...