Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Slip,

You can do it!! Just think of all the stuff you will have organized for the tag sale!
Old 07-16-2014, 01:47 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
Good morning October peeps (and those just reading along too)! Hope everyone has a great OP Day. I've got a challenge for everyone. What types of things are you all cooking for the hot sticky summer days? I find between working out, being in ketosis, and the heat that I'm hardly ever hungry. Food has officially become a chore... It's NOT the comfort/friend that it used to be... I'd rather just not eat.. Sooo any ideas?
Here's a great idea using some of your restricted veggies (4c/wk) - fresh tomatoes = gazpacho, well chilled - using ACV instead of balsamic.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Dill-Ga...r_results_p1i3
Have a pudding packet popped into the freezer for a little while and chopped up with a fork for 'ice cream' dessert and you have lunch. Or do fat free ham deli slice roll-ups alongside for dinner.

Anything in a crock pot will keep your kitchen cool. Think about taking it out & doing a pulled pork with tenderloin and WF BBQ sauce on top of a potato puree packet or potato puree 'roll'. Coleslaw vinaigrette on the side. Great patio food alongside a selzer water mixed with lime juice and stevia.

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 07-16-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:29 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Liana- Your recipes sound great! Since you're in maintenance, do you ever use a different or homemade BBQ sauce instead of WF? I like a select few of the WF dressings, but I'm not really a fan of their BBQ sauce, ketchup, and seafood sauce. I should probably start sharing my time between this thread and maintainers. I haven't posted in maintainers yet.

I had a nice IP meeting and WI this morning. I weigh exactly the same as I find last week and got to see that my total inches lost was 58.5! 11.5 of that came from my chest and 15.5 from my waist...just unbelievable. IP may be expensive, but it saved me the $1,000s I was going to spend on a breast reduction.

I'm happy I maintained my first week and to get some clarification on questions I had. My coach liked her gift bag and it was fun surprising her with some well deserved tokens of my appreciation.

Slipfree- Cleaning out closets and purging the old, unwanted stuff is a pain, but you'll feel great when it's over. I need to do some closet cleaning myself. I'm a beauty product hoarder and it's taking over part of my hall closet. I need to take control there and organize/purge.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #94  

Tomato soup with ham roll ups... Liana, I may hug you...
Old 07-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #95  

Height: 5 '6

Hi everyone, I know I've dropped off the face of the earth but my June was so crazy and then I just got out of the habit of checking the sight... the scale has crept up a little (7 pounds I think)... I was thinking of not going to the wedding in August but booked my flights last night to get me motivated.... nothing like having to wear a fancy dress to motivate a person!!

I will be eagerly reading in the next few days trying to catch up with everyone... hope your having a great summer

Last edited by Hiker88; 07-17-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hiker is back!!! I am so glad that you are going to the wedding. You may have had a little slide, but you look fantabulous. Time to show it off.

Kooky, I am getting ready to purge the whole house, lol. Just too much stuff! I think that you may have noticed my garden obsession, it also applies to decorating, entertaining (dishes, glasses, and table linens) and metal outdoor furniture! Lol, know thy self. Time to shed.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:29 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by KookySuki View Post
Liana- Your recipes sound great! Since you're in maintenance, do you ever use a different or homemade BBQ sauce instead of WF? I had a nice IP meeting and WI this morning. I weigh exactly the same as I find last week and got to see that my total inches lost was 58.5! 11.5 of that came from my chest and 15.5 from my waist...just unbelievable. IP may be expensive, but it saved me the $1,000s I was going to spend on a breast reduction.

I'm happy I maintained my first week and to get some clarification on questions I had. My coach liked her gift bag and it was fun surprising her with some well deserved tokens of my appreciation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
Tomato soup with ham roll ups... Liana, I may hug you...
Hugs back Kawaii1002! I have always loved cooking and interesting recipes.

Sorry KookySuki - I lost track of the fact that you were in maintenance... in that case you don't need to worry about the tomatoes being restricted and if you want to top it with a teeny bit of no or low fat yogourt that is yummy and you don't need to use an IP packet. Deli Ham or Turkey rollups on the side for your protein. Heh,heh, just have a 1/2 c of sorbet for dessert or something like that if you wish. I'm not a huge user of BBQ sauce myself as sweet stuff on meat is not my thing, but I do use a bit of Chipotle Chinook Gourmet Sauce (www.chinookcondiments.com) from a very local company. You may be able to email them and get them to send you some - start a trend where you are, lol. It's quite yummy, Gluten Free, and a bit spicy. 2tbsp = 15 cal, 0.2g fat, 3g carbs. Makes a really good pulled pork on a bun. If you are in maintenance this could be your lower fat/higher carb meal and you could use just 1/2 a bun - open face. If you like creamy coleslaw use greek yogourt & spices to make it - I like a sprinkle of raisins in mine when it's creamy not vinegary. I don't use Walden Farms products at all in maintenance except that I still have a bit of the peanut spread and the strawberry jamlike spread from when I was first on P1 that I'm slowly using up.

Great that you saved thousands on breast reduction lol. I on the other hand may need to spend some for a lift & fill manoeuvre. Technically I'm a 32D, but I have to roll 'em up and stuff 'em in the cups.

Hi Hiker88 - glad to see you are back! Get busy and the lovely dress will look perfect
Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 07-18-2014 at 02:31 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:53 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Hiker- Welcome back! I hope you've been enjoying the summer and warm weather. That's great that you went ahead and booked that plane ticket. I agree- having a formal event coming up is great motivation. Have you been hiking much this summer?

Liana- Thank you for the recipe idea and the a Chinook sauce recommendation. I like spicy sauces more than sweet ones, so I'll see if I can get my hands on some of the Chinook sauce. You have a lot of great food ideas. Do you have a blog? It seems like you work a lot and might not have time for it, but you could totally do an IP/Gluten Free food blog. I'd read it. For now, I'll just use my iPad to do screenshots of your recipes. Lol about the "roll 'em up and stuff 'em" comment. What's left of mine is not nearly how they looked last time I was at this weight at age 25, but I'm just glad they're way smaller and do look better than at my heaviest. I'm hoping they will rebound once my skin gets time to adjust to the weight change. If not, I may do a "roll 'em up and stuff 'em" procedure later.

Slipfree- Good job at purging your house! It goes along well with your transformation this year to be getting rid of old stuff that no longer serves you. I love this saying: "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.” - William Morris.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-18-2014, 02:33 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hello all; I've been enjoying reading how everyone is doing. Summer is a busy time and more challenging sometimes food wise but its so nice to have the knowledge of how to maintain or lose. We just have to 'do' it which isn't always easy and I have my days of doing some talking to myself to focus on making good choices food wise. I have to say though that I'm enjoying having so much of the weight off that I had on last summer! And our family plans to do a bike trip that we did last year but I have a feeling that I'm going to enjoy it a lot more now! Getting the weight off is great and now keeping it off is worth it! Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #100  

HOME!!!!!!!!Let me say, I had the most amazing time at my daughters school orientation. They have a whole program set up for parents, so it was nice to network and meet other parents. There were so many food temptations, but I stood strong! Yay me!!! I treated myself to stopping at a farmers market aon the way home. Got cukes, tomatoes, red and green kale, and garlic scapes. I sautéed the scapes with olive oil spray, onion powder, salt and pepper.. Had that and eggs for supper. Life is good if moving in fast forward. My little girl hoes off to college in exactly one month..
Old 07-19-2014, 07:42 AM   #101  

Morning my not so new newbies! How's everyone doing this morning? Early yet here, but today is going to be a busy one. Going to the park with the kids, pup, and hubby.. Then my usual 3.8 mile hike. Cooking crock pot chili today, since it's usually a big hit round here. Andddd drumroll please, I finally broke through my plateau! Slip, you were right... Making sure I eat was just as important as not eating too much. As soon as I started setting myself a timer to remind me to eat, everything seemed to get back on track..

Also, please excuse typos, I'm using my phone because my laptop decided to die..

Last edited by Kawaii1002; 07-19-2014 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #102  

Height: 5 '6

Good morning! I'm still not 100% but I've found I struggle for a bit before I can get back in the groove... for some reason my vitamins seem to really make a difference for me.. I think the magnesium helps my chocolate cravings.. how I get out of the habit of taking them I have no idea... hope you all have a great weekend
Old 07-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hiker, keep on keeping on, one bite at a time.

Kawaii, glad the plateau broke.

Want2b, hope you had fun on vacation.

Luccilove, how are things going with the houses?

Kooky, how is maintenance working for you?

Hawaii, you are right! Summer is harder for healthy eating. People on Phase 1 might not believe me, but maintenance is hard.

Schenectady, Hope your son is improving and that you are hanging in there.

Short on sleep here The dog next door has barked for the past two nights for more than 4 hours straight. Can not really talk to the owner because he is an unsavory character. Ugh, I hate repetitive noise, especially from 9-1!

On a positive note, I am getting zucchini, spaghetti squash and cucumbers out of the veggie garden. The flower garden is starting to bloom, so I am attaching
a picture.

Hope you have an easy OP day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (50.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 07-20-2014, 01:48 PM   #104  

Afternoon everyone! Having a low key take care of myself day. Sipping coffee and relaxing on out balcony. Tried on some new to me jeans (from Slipfree) and realized I can wear size 18's now! Been stuck at the same size for the past 40lbs because of all the extra skin, do this was a massive cheer for me .

Hope everyone has a easy OP day today! How are we all doing?
Old 07-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Congrads Kawaii on the jeans! Thats great! And love your yard Slipfree, I admire gardeners. My Dad is a great gardener, wish I was more like him. Went for an hour run today, felt great. Eating wasn't so great yesterday so I am moving forward today. Sugar is the devil! Having a good day so far eating wise. My goal for the next week is not to eat after supper. I did it in Phase 1, I can do it now! Have a great day everyone.
Closed Thread