October Newbies-July Journeys

You're on Page 11 of 13
Go to
  • Peppergirl---

This is exactly how I feel as well for right now. I will see how I do with P2 for a bit and decide again. I got a new P2 sheet where there is alot more unlimited veggies now like lettuce, cukes, mushrooms etc. Also you can now have whole milk.
  • Feeling pretty in control today, had a couple of crazy hungry days, but I white knuckled it. Scale moved again, and it's ToM, which explains the water retention and hungries. Looking forward to the 1st, doing my first order from Nashua Nutritionals. Anything specific I should try, or avoid?
  • Quote: Feeling pretty in control today, had a couple of crazy hungry days, but I white knuckled it. Scale moved again, and it's ToM, which explains the water retention and hungries. Looking forward to the 1st, doing my first order from Nashua Nutritionals. Anything specific I should try, or avoid?
    The HealthSmart Caramel Crunch bars are restricted but AMAZING! If delicious and chocolate-y treats are a trigger for you, then I would not recommend them. I also use the Proti-Thin Sour Cream and Fine Herb Zippers. They are nicely flavored, crunchy, and have a large serving in each packet (I find that some IP snacks, especially the new chips, are too strongly flavored for my liking). A friend of mine really loves the HealthSmart Blueberry Pancakes.

Best of luck with a whole new world of choices! I hope the variety is helpful for you
  • Hope,
    Thanks for the suggestions! I've so started reading the alternatives list, and got the criteria for restricted vs unrestricted. I started a list, so excited for hot cocoa mix!! I put it in my coffee, best breakfast ever! Going to buy the tub of it and go from there. Looking forward to more snack options too. I can't believe that this morning when I stepped in the scale, it showed me that I have 41lbs to go to hit onederland. Ten months ago I was 5 pounds shy of 400 pounds. Life is surreal..
  • Happy Sunday,

Favorite foods from Nashua: proti diet maple oatmeal, proti diet Peanut and jelly bar, Greek yogurt bar, the health smart cereals, proti pancakes and the peanut caramel crisp bar. I agree that some of the bars (restricted) can be very tempting.

Phase 1 day for me. Had a wonderful time yesterday with my mom and BF with a garden party. Today, I pay the Phase 1 piper. It is okay, it was worth it
  • P1 for me today too! Started the day with a nice long run which always feels good. Congrats on being so close to onederland Kawaii! What an example you are!
  • Slip: How was your friend visit? Sad for your other friend, life is too short and sometimes we forget that, things like this remind us not to take things for granted.

Lucci:How are you finding P2 so far? Congrats on getting there!!

Peppergirl: Just curious as to why your kids want you to stay at this weight?

Kawaii: Great job getting thru those hungry days, at it paid off!!!

Hawaii: Glad you are still checking in.

Our baseball tournament went well, we placed 2nd. Lots of exercise yesterday and then today we went golfing and did some yard work, thought of you Slip as I mowed the lawn. Chugging down the water today!
    Glad to see there are still some hard core Newbies that are still checking in!!!
  • Want2b, this hard core newbie is right here with ya! All for one and one for all.
    Congrats on coming in 2nd. No yard work here today, rained earlier.

My visit with my childhood friend was fun. Ran into one of my HS friends too!

My friend's loss does remind us to value our family and friends. The calling hours are on Tues. It will be a tough one, such a close and devoted family. Thank you all for your thoughts.

Luccilove, hope phase 2 went well.

Schenectady, Hope things are better for you.

Hawaii, we need to make up for our "fun". Phase 1 to reign it in.

Still pulling stuff together for the tag sale today. Phase 1 day is going well. Hope you are all having a great OP day.
  • P2 is ok. It is a little easier for me. It seems to be more food then what I am use to. Thanks for checking in on me. It is needed and appreciated.
  • Good day,

Luccilove, can just feel the stress in your one line post. Hopefully things on your multiple home fronts will get easier soon,then you will be able to really focus on you. Phase 2 is a lot of food, my least favorite phase. Just too much protein for me.

Kooky, any luck with the new apt.?

Steph, don't know if you check in here, but I miss ya.

Hiker, how ya doin?

Meeting my school team mate for lunch today. Need to get price stickers for the tag sale too.

Hope you all have a fun day.
  • Lucci: Remember P2 is new for you, and after months of P1 it is going to take some getting used to. Hang in there. Hope your stress level goes down soon. If you can get thru this with 2 houses up in the air anything else that comes along should be easier for you!! Always a silver lining! LOL

Slip: How was lunch? When is your tag sale? They are always so much work, but getting rid of stuff feels so good.

Learning to live life with our puppy, who knew puppies were so much work! LOL. It is like having a baby all over again. Sometimes I have to ask myself "what were you thinking?" But we are all in love with her so there is no going back. But she does make me get extra walking in during the day which is a good thing.
  • Know it's late, but I'm here!! Tried a new "treat" bar.. Pure protein salted caramel chocolate bar. 200 calories, 20 grams of protein. Carb count is way too high, but I needed something to eat *right now*, and got stuck with no shake, bar, or packet. Only bought one, think I might have it as a super ultra restricted. Once every two weeks or so... They are really sweet like a candy bar..
  • Good Morning Everyone! I feel like a bad Newbie not posting or reading much in the past few days. I caught up on everyone's posts today and I'm proud of all of you for figuring out what to do to keep going on IP during struggles. Similar to Lucci and Peppergirl, I decided to go into P2 because I was getting close to my goal and had P1 fatigue. I continued to lose through P2 and Want2B has done a amazing job on P2, so you'll definitely lose in P2 OP because you stay in ketosis. Kawaii, I'm glad you figured out what to do in order to continue the program. If you find anything good on Nashua's website, let us know.

Slipfree- I'm sorry to hear about your friend's husband. That's awful. I'm sure you're a great comfort and support to her just as you are to us.

Want2B- Congratulations on your new puppy!

Life has been interesting and exciting for me lately, but stressful too. I found an apartment and I'm moving not this Friday, but the next Friday. It's a really cute place and I think I'll like it. I have a lot to do before then. I'm going to try to get rid of as much stuff as possible and then there's packing.

Working my last two weeks has been stressful at times, but I'm starting to not let things bother me anymore because I'm not going to be dealing with that place after 7 more working days (not counting down or anything).

As far as IP goes, I've been doing my best and have thrown in a bunch of P1 days to make up for days that I didn't do so well. I'm finally down to 159.8 after gaining a few pounds from dinners out and TOM.

I think I might do mostly P1 until I leave for my new job's training which is going to be in TX for two weeks. I have to move, then go to TX for two weeks two days after moving. I'm excited, but have lots of stuff to do beforehand.

P1 will be easier while I'm moving and I will sneak in a fun meal if I feel like it. I think wanting to do P1 is a combo of wanting the simplicity back of only really having to prepare one meal per day and wanting to lose a little more weight. I have my final WI tomorrow, so I'll discuss what to do with my coach. My mind is all over the place right now planning my move and trip to TX, so I need to figure out a plan for how to handle my diet during all of this change. I think P1 would be a nice constant for me while I'm dealing with all of these changes, but I'm not sure. I can't make up my mind.
  • Kooky, I am so excited for you! Can not wait to hear about your new adventure. I think you should do whatever you feel comfortable with IP wise during this transition. Maybe keep the proteins (yogurt) and healthy fats (avocados) and limit your carbs?

I am feeling tired and overwhelmed! What was I thinking? Having the tag sale and a sit down luncheon at my house within 4 days!!!! Ugh! It will be okay, but I need to multi task baby. One step at a time and I need to breathe.

Off to work! Have a great OP day.
  • After two weeks of eating everything that did not move, I am finally on Day 3 of being back on IP. Managed to get through wretched medical issue with my son, stayed strong, got him settled and then my mind went out!

But, I finally tamed it and I am back, a bit heavier, and I hope, a bit wiser. All I know is that nothing that I ate tasted as good as I thought it would. The cravings always tasted better in my mind than they did on the spoon....

Back in the saddle again and it feels good - the stores will have to restock all that chocolate and peanut butter ice cream that I devoured! But not for me....