Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 11:29 AM   #16  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
Good Morning everyone, I am was previously on IP for a short time and while I did enjoy the program and did fairly well, fell off the wagon but am now firmly seatbelted in again and ready to work the program with alternatives.. I look forward to chatting and receving / giving support to everyone on the boards..

Cheers - have a great day!
Welcome back Clarington, I too am back after blowing it .

Had a beautiful OP weekend. The weather was great here. My BF and I did a ton of yard work. It kicked my rear and the back of my legs are sore from bending over all day. I had a hard time sleeping because of it but my yard looks great. I had no problem getting my water in plus some because of working so hard. I have a new house with no landscaping in the backyard so it's a work in progress. When I moved in it was just dirt and weeds. I am totally enjoying the process of making it my space. I have a vision of what I want but not a lot of money to do it so one thing at a time. So far we have put in a huge concrete patio with a huge awning. Built a retaining wall for the hill. Planted lots of pretty flowers, lavender and lilacs and put in lots of wood chips in an effort to keep the weeds away. I bought an above ground pool which we love. It's a lot of work to keep it maintained but I love it. I'm glad to have theses things to keep busy while off work for the summer.

I was also able to make it through my sons birthday party without any slips. Lots of temptations but I was okay saying no.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #17  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Beautiful sunrise here in the Pacific Northwest - oh, to sit in a chair outside and soak up some needed Vitamin D!.

This morning brings me to -90 pounds on IP (more since I started just low carb). I now have 20 pounds more to go to reach goal but things are slowing down so I am trying to exercise patience. Being short of patience and disliking exercise, I am going to have to buckle down to achieve that, but I will.

Part of what I am fighting is complacency. My weight now is back to what it was before I was married and approaching what I weighed in college. I know in my heart I want more. Yet. I have been having such fun with size 10 and 12 clothes, looking like a 'normal' person, and having energy that I need to remind myself my journey is far from done.

So, I will sit back and enjoy the beautiful blue skies, pure white clouds, bright sun...just until college sun wakes up and the day REALLY begins...groceries for college, testing center, buying air mattress, packing, cleaning.......
schenectady, I am so proud of you!!! And I don't even know you. Way to stick with it. I started noticing you because we were about the same weight at the start. My journey has just begun and you are so close to your goal. I have been secretly using you as a mentor, saying to myself "next year I can be in HER shoes (or should I say pant size). I am at the point right now where I have sized myself out of running into stores to buy clothes off the rack or even worse a swimsuit. I have to think that this is just temporary.

I had even sized myself out of my own clothes there for a minute but things are starting to fit better.

Cheers to you!!
Old 06-23-2014, 11:45 AM   #18  
Gaining by Loosing

S/C/G: 202/201/160

Height: 5'4

Good morning, i'm just starting back on IP today. I've struggled so much in the past 10 months, making excuse after excuse, yesterday I saw that I not only had gained ALL the lost weight back but added a pound! Needless to say I was a sad puppy yesterday but after a good nights sleep and some inspiring words from a close friend, i've picked myself up and put on my 'big girl panties' and i'm going to make some changes in my life; my eating, my exercise and my daily choices, first thing being coming back to this forum and listening to the women who are successful. ahhhhh feels good already.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:52 AM   #19  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Hard to believe I am saying this but I am so glad it is Monday. I had a three day weekend and the lack of work routine really throws me for a loop. Every commercial on tv taunted me yesterday. Going through the flyers to decide which store to shop at made me crave everything I saw. I could barely get dinner on the table for my family. Cried when the BBQ wouldn't light. Was ready to pack it all in. DH reminded me I often have trouble on the weekends and that I should just go to bed.

All back to normal today.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:25 PM   #20  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default Heartbroken

Well I'm no longer in a long distance relationship. He dumped me yesterday. We've been together for a year and he had to move for work in March so we were doing long distance and I was going to move there next summer. One day he's telling me how much he loves me, that he wants to be my prince charming, the next day he's telling me that he has to break up with me because this hurts too much. My heart is broken, my children's hearts are broken, I've never introduced them to anyone I've dated... this is why. I am absolutely devastated and honestly this came out of no where! We were just on vacation together, I came home everything was fine, no fights, no issues, then wham. I haven't been able to eat :'(
Old 06-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #21  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Well I'm no longer in a long distance relationship. He dumped me yesterday. We've been together for a year and he had to move for work in March so we were doing long distance and I was going to move there next summer. One day he's telling me how much he loves me, that he wants to be my prince charming, the next day he's telling me that he has to break up with me because this hurts too much. My heart is broken, my children's hearts are broken, I've never introduced them to anyone I've dated... this is why. I am absolutely devastated and honestly this came out of no where! We were just on vacation together, I came home everything was fine, no fights, no issues, then wham. I haven't been able to eat :'(
I am so sorry for the pain that you are facing. This is terrible news.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #22  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslillyhansen View Post
Good morning, i'm just starting back on IP today. I've struggled so much in the past 10 months, making excuse after excuse, yesterday I saw that I not only had gained ALL the lost weight back but added a pound! Needless to say I was a sad puppy yesterday but after a good nights sleep and some inspiring words from a close friend, i've picked myself up and put on my 'big girl panties' and i'm going to make some changes in my life; my eating, my exercise and my daily choices, first thing being coming back to this forum and listening to the women who are successful. ahhhhh feels good already.
Welcome back to you! It is a good program.. we can do it
Old 06-23-2014, 12:46 PM   #23  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Amber, I'm so sorry you and your children are hurting. I too am in a long distance relationship. It is really difficult on everyone involved. The only thing I can say is take care of yourself. I don't understand men sometimes but I know that my BF and I have had some issues with this too. It seems to bother my BF more than me. Maybe because I have kids and I'm busy when he is gone. I totally blew my diet last year because of some crap my BF pulled. I was so upset I turned to my friend "food" for comfort. I let it get out of control and gained back all I lost plus some. It mad me so mad that I did that after doing so well. You said that you can't eat but please take care of yourself. I know you are hurting and I'm sorry but you and your kids are number one. Maybe after some time he will realize just how much he really does love you.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:48 PM   #24  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Quote:
I am sorry to hear you news, you should have been at my place Saturday night.. it was a girls bbq / get together and all single women.. some of the experiences my friends have had.. men ugh.. its really hard when it comes out of nowhere.. maybe he got got scared.. who knows.. so sorry ..
Old 06-23-2014, 02:13 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Does anyone know anything about kidney stones? My lower back is killing me!!! I'm hoping that's not what it is!!!
Old 06-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #26  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Amber, I'm so sorry you and your children are hurting. I too am in a long distance relationship. It is really difficult on everyone involved. The only thing I can say is take care of yourself. I don't understand men sometimes but I know that my BF and I have had some issues with this too. It seems to bother my BF more than me. Maybe because I have kids and I'm busy when he is gone. I totally blew my diet last year because of some crap my BF pulled. I was so upset I turned to my friend "food" for comfort. I let it get out of control and gained back all I lost plus some. It mad me so mad that I did that after doing so well. You said that you can't eat but please take care of yourself. I know you are hurting and I'm sorry but you and your kids are number one. Maybe after some time he will realize just how much he really does love you.
My insides are churning so bad, I can't even think of food. I want to crawl in my bed and cry all day. I built a lot of walls during my marriage and reinforced them after my divorce. I dated but nothing serious and I never let them meet my children, and I never kept them around for long. Then I met him. It wasn't love at first sight or anything, but it was nice and natural. He is trustworthy, and just the right mix of manly but able to share his emotions. After a few months I let him meet the kids in a casual at the park setting. They didn't pay much attention. Then he started coming over to pick me up for dates and he'd play with the kids a little, then he hung out and eventually he moved in. We were happy, in a year we've only had 2 arguments, I mean we've had times where we disagreed and irritated each other, but there's not any intense yelling or really bad fights that I'd grown used to. Even our two big fights weren't devastating and hurtful they were just two situations. I am ok being single, I don't need to be in a relationship but I wanted to be with him and he wanted to be with me. It was awesome to feel a healthy relationship. I know he we are far away and we struggle with that but I think he pulled away without thinking.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #27  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Does anyone know anything about kidney stones? My lower back is killing me!!! I'm hoping that's not what it is!!!
I've had many. In my experience you wouldn't have chosen to type. Is it non stop? Getting worse? For me, I can't find a comfy position either sitting, standing or lying down. They always hit right after I pee. It starts off like hey, what is that pain in my lower back(always to the outside and often wrapping around to the groin) to an excruciating OMG I have a stone!

I though I had one coming not to long ago because of lower back pain and turned out I pulled a muscle. The pain never did increase.

Last edited by ChipnDip; 06-23-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:05 PM   #28  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I've passed at least 5 stones...and it's HURTS like nobody's business. I hope that is not what you are experiencing. When they're in your kidney, they usually don't cause much problems, but if they pass from your kidney to your bladder...it's when they hit your ureter that it's almost unbearable. Feels like something is drilling into one side of your mid back and doesn't let up. Every time I've had them, I usually start throwing up from the pain. You can't sit still, you can't get comfortable...I always go to the ER to get some BIG time pain meds. Best way I can describe it is like a pregnancy contraction (the BIG ones) that won't let up as far as pain goes.

Take care whatever it is! I've also had gall stones that caused back pain (I'm very "stoney") and had shingles that caused back pain too....neither of those is fun either but pales compared to kidney stone pain.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
I've passed at least 5 stones...and it's HURTS like nobody's business. I hope that is not what you are experiencing. When they're in your kidney, they usually don't cause much problems, but if they pass from your kidney to your bladder...it's when they hit your ureter that it's almost unbearable. Feels like something is drilling into one side of your mid back and doesn't let up. Every time I've had them, I usually start throwing up from the pain. You can't sit still, you can't get comfortable...I always go to the ER to get some BIG time pain meds. Best way I can describe it is like a pregnancy contraction (the BIG ones) that won't let up as far as pain goes.

Take care whatever it is! I've also had gall stones that caused back pain (I'm very "stoney") and had shingles that caused back pain too....neither of those is fun either but pales compared to kidney stone pain.

My lower back started aching last night, I took a bath and went to bed, when I woke up this morning it hurt like heck to get out of bed, I could barely towel off after showering and putting on my shoes was he$$!! I sit most of the day at work and I can't get comfortable, IT HURTS!! I guess I will go to the er if it doesn't get better. I had a back ache like this right before I started IP and I woke up in the middle of the night with excruciating pain in my pelvis, worst pain I ever felt!! Come morning I was fine. That's what makes me think this is kidney stones. I just wasn't sure if IP could cause or aggravate kidney stones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I've had many. In my experience you wouldn't have chosen to type. Is it non stop? Getting worse? For me, I can't find a comfy position either sitting, standing or lying down. They always hit right after I pee. It starts off like hey, what is that pain in my lower back(always to the outside and often wrapping around to the groin) to an excruciating OMG I have a stone!

I though I had one coming not to long ago because of lower back pain and turned out I pulled a muscle. The pain never did increase.
Yes, it feels just like that except it hasn't wrapped around to the groin yet. I don't think I pulled anything.... I was at my grand daughters birthday party yesterday, came home and when I was cooking dinner it started to feel achy.... I took a bath and sat on the couch to watch TV with DH and it increased, I finally went to bed.

Quote:
Amber, I am so sorry that you are going through this. I think the worst part is not knowing why he's pulling away. I'm here if you need an ear. I've been through it all!!
Old 06-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #30  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hi Amber
So sorry for your break-up! Be sad for a minute, then get up and keep on moving!! What part of Wyoming are you in?? I spent the last weekend in Jackson at a conference, so beautiful up there. We saw a mama black bear and three cubs near the Yellowstone boarder. I was in awe to see all the wildlife!!
Closed Thread