Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 06:35 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Wednesday 6/18/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-18-2014, 07:19 AM   #2  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Height: 5'2

Hi Lisa! I think a while back you posted something about what a reboot is. Can you tell me where to find this information? I have a friend who is asking about how long to do Phase 1 then 2 etc... Thanks!
Old 06-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Morning,

We had such a huge rainfall last night and it's feeling like it is going to be a humid day today. I have until 6pm tonight to sign up for a 10km trail race this Saturday, it will be my longest run yet. I'm doing a 10 road run mid July but the trails will be more fun. I have nervouses tummy thinking about it but if my friend can do it with me we are going for it!
Old 06-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Good Morning!

I went to my hair apt yesterday and my hairdresser kept looking at me and finally he said, "did you lose weight?" lol He asked what I was doing and was so excited for me. He's such a sweetie he ended up giving me an eyebrow pencil, a teasing brush, and hair smoothing serum. he wouldn't let me pay for it. He said that I needed some tools for the new me!! lol I thought that was very sweet. My next apt is in 7 weeks and he said that he can't wait to see how I look. lol

He also said that one of his other clients are doing IP and she lost 50% of her hair. I told him I hope that doesn't happen to me, but if it does it's ok, it will grow back once I am done losing weight. He said that he will give me a good cut not to worry! lol
Old 06-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #5  

Default Morning!

Kelly, how sweet of your hairdresser to notice your hard work and give you those gifts! He will be blown away next visit!

Hope everyone is doing well today. I don't have a lot going on, which is good and bad. I'm rapidly learning that when I am idle or bored, I think I need to eat - NOT SO! Just working on remembering that. I just keep reminding myself that I have more important things to do, like hit my next goal of losing 50 pounds! I'll get there before I know it!
Old 06-18-2014, 09:28 AM   #6  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Good Morning!

I went to my hair apt yesterday and my hairdresser kept looking at me and finally he said, "did you lose weight?" lol He asked what I was doing and was so excited for me. He's such a sweetie he ended up giving me an eyebrow pencil, a teasing brush, and hair smoothing serum. he wouldn't let me pay for it. He said that I needed some tools for the new me!! lol I thought that was very sweet. My next apt is in 7 weeks and he said that he can't wait to see how I look. lol

He also said that one of his other clients are doing IP and she lost 50% of her hair. I told him I hope that doesn't happen to me, but if it does it's ok, it will grow back once I am done losing weight. He said that he will give me a good cut not to worry! lol
I love going to get my hair done. It's a good for getting a gauge of how different I'm looking since she only sees me every 6 weeks or so.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #7  

Default Beck diet solution daily tip

Wednesday Sabotage: I’m too busy to work on healthy eating right now.

Response: Just because I’m busy doesn’t mean I can’t make time for it. If I had a severe nut allergy, no matter how busy I was I would make sure all my food didn’t have nuts in it. Telling myself I’m too busy is just an excuse – I can still do it!

ETA: This goes for any other excuses including special events, vacations, etc. Obesity is a disease and IP is a solution. Making excuses to go off is only shortchanging ourselves. If IP is the plan we chose to get healthy, then figuring how how to stick to plan is the way to health!

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-18-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:13 AM   #8  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

So it snowed here last night and got below freezing, I had to cover my garden... I sure hope I didn't lose any veggies. Gotta love the "seasons" in Wyoming!!!! LOL Woke up down again, I got back from vacation Sunday and started IP Monday and I'm already back to the weight I was before I left... now .7 lbs to wonderland again! LOL
Old 06-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #9  

Snow! I'm not sure I've ever seen snow at this point in June...I guess I don't go to mountainous regions in the US much in the summer. 95 in St Louis yesterday. 82 right now (9:15 am) headed toward 93.

What a difference a couple states and many feet in elevation make!
Old 06-18-2014, 10:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
So it snowed here last night and got below freezing, I had to cover my garden... I sure hope I didn't lose any veggies. Gotta love the "seasons" in Wyoming!!!! LOL Woke up down again, I got back from vacation Sunday and started IP Monday and I'm already back to the weight I was before I left... now .7 lbs to wonderland again! LOL
Wow, snow? Really? Here in DC we broke the record high temperature for the day, hitting 97. Today's record high is 97 and they think there's a good chance we'll break it. It's already 90 and it's only 10am! I can't imagine it's still snowing somewhere in continental states!
Old 06-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

hey yall....it's been a while since I've been on here. Life got busy and I (sadly) chose to neglect this site. I am not at goal. I am still on my journey to it and I'm OK with how it's going. Currently, I have been more maintaining where I'm at. I no longer see my coach but see a registered dietitian. She's been helping me phase out slower than what we would do on IP. I'm OK with that. My ultimate fear when starting this program was introducing real foods back in. I'm really comfortable working with her. She's great. I also want to start focusing back on these boards. Yall were so helpful in my journey. Yesterday when I met with my RD, she said said something to me that I thought...I want to share with 3FC! So here I am. I'm glad to be back. Although my process is going to be different than normal IP, all my decisions are still based on IP P1/P2.

"Be EMPOWERED on how you feel right NOW"

Basically I was explaining to her that I'm scared about maintanence and making daily decisions like 'oh, it's so and so's bday so I'll have a glass of wine and a bite of cake' then the next day 'oh it's so and so's x year anniversery at work so let's go get Mexican and I'll have 3 chips and salsa' etc etc. I told her that it scares me to think about adding things like that back. I know that ultimately it's my decision what to eat but I'm nervous. That quote above will be a chant for me. During P1, we learn to say no to those things. We are empowering ourselves to be stronger than others. That's why we do well on IP. There's no reason we need to drop that defense in maintenance as well. It's just a different way to look at it. I may be rambling and it may not make sense but it helped me!

Like so many people say on here...we won't be successful if we add back the foods to our diet that got us to our biggest weight. You will be able to treat yourself but remember that you're in charge and empower yourself to make those decisions.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:56 AM   #12  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

I don't post very often but I was wondering where you disappeared to Ems! Glad to see you are doing alright and are using the tools around you to ensure lifetime success.

Today is my official weight in, this is two weeks without a loss and I am 100% on protocol. My clothes are once again feeling looser however; it's hard not to see the scale go down. For some reason the two show progress but, in the whole arena of success they are not equal to one another. 12's are comfortable, a little lose and yesterday I bought some boyfriend jeans from JcPenney in a size 10. I am going to go down my checklist of everything I eat and drink, my vitamins and water to see if I am missing something. This means alot to me and I take it seriously.

Anyone else out there having a problem with their minds registering their weightloss. I feel like the same person however; I honestly forget that I'm smaller. Maybe that's why? I said this to a friend who had a aquaintance with her yesterday and the aquaintance reacted like I was crazy or doing it for attention. I honestly forget what I currently look like and forget that I've lost almost 60lbs.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Ha, we will be in the 90's here today. My daughter is up in the Idaho mountains. Wonder if it snowed for her.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Here in Southcentral BC Canada our temp today will be 26 and highs of 30 for the weekend. (That's approx. 82F & 90F). A few of my friends are going kayaking this morning on the lake, but I will probably meet them a bit later in town. I have a speedy 14 ft canoe, but with my muscles the way they are right now, I can't get it on & off the car rack. If I did manage to do that, I would be able to go with them as I am a fast paddler and pretty good on flatwater, if I say so myself, lol.

**WARNING TMI below**
On a separate note: I had a 'tummy incident' late afternoon/early evening and ended up on the toilet a couple times. I wasn't sure what the heck happened, but thinking about it now... I took a vegan protein shake made with water in the car yesterday and it sat in the hot car for about 3 hours before I drank it. Smelled & tasted fine (just HOT chocolate) but perhaps it was on the way to fermentation, lol as there are no preservatives, etc in it.
Long story short - I now weigh 129 lbs although I am fully hydrated (drank 12 glasses of water yesterday & two this morning). Tummy feels OK now though, so that is good. I will work on upping the food today to get back to goal range. My board shorts are already falling off my skinny butt with no way to resize them easily . Darn, I hate that... they are so expensive.

Liana
Old 06-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #15  
Started IP 4/27/14

S/C/G: 195/170/160

Height: 5'9

Good morning everyone! I have a question...I woke up with a scratchy throat and feel like I am getting sick. What can we take while on this program? Are there any throat lozenges that are okay to take? I know we can take herbal supplements like Echinacea, but are there ANY cough drops we are able to take? Thanks in advance for the help!
Closed Thread