Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #31  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
hello all !! I did IP for the first time in Aug 2010 and dropped 56ish lbs by dec... first time to go south in Feb and feel GOOD about myself... omg. Words cannot describe. If I happened to be walking TOWARDS a reflective surface ie: MIRROR... I did not feel I had to look the other direction anymore,cause i was so happy with what I saw... such a big change. Now fast forward to now... and 20 lbs have crept back on and during that time I have tried WW twice... and then costco protein shakes, and walmart PURE PROTEIN bars... all in all, IP was just too costly for me to go back. Just yesterday I touched base with an old friend that joined IP AFTER she saw the weight I lost. Then she proceeded to lose 70 lbs... one yr passes and she gains 10-15... THEN finds this other line PRO ENERGY last Oct and tries that. It Turns out that its pretty well identical in the ingredients and the plan as IP !!!! she proceeded then, to lose 30 lbs since oct !!!! and you are also allowed 2oz of cheese a day !!!!!! what ????? IM IN hahha so approx 2 babybels per day. the price for 7 items per box is 21.99. I found a clinic RIGHT IN MY OWN TOWN !!! I didnt even know !!!!! so i stopped by yesterday and got the jello, the oatmeal and the vanilla cappacino....... omg so good. today is day one... i fully knew what to expect having been on the IP protocol before. Light headed a bit... just before lunch etc... but its all good. its almost quitting time for the day, and I look forward for the first time in a long time to what the scale will say as I go day by day. I FEEL EXCITED AGAIN.......... just wanted to share...... have a great OP day everyone .......
I haven't heard of that one. Proti diet is around $15 a box and I was told they allow a little dairy and fruit! Plus they don't discriminate between restricted and not restricted.

Good luck on your new plan!
Old 06-18-2014, 05:48 PM   #32  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamila View Post
Ok, trying again!

Hey all! What's your favorite recipe to make with the vanilla pudding mix? I know there are many to choose from but what do you LOVE?

Needing something fun today!
I struggle with the puddings, I just don't like the texture, but if I have a packet around I add some extra water and a few ice cubes, maybe a sugar free syrup and blend it into a milkshake!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:22 PM   #33  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Hi all. I haven't posted in a while..still been reading some, but I have been insanely busy at work so I haven't had the time to post. Weighed in today and down 3.2 which I'm excited about. I am feeling guility a little bit because this has been one of my larger losses, and I was traveling and not eating 100% op. I didn't have any foods not on the P1 sheet, but we went out for breakfast twice and I had egg white omelettes instead of my packets. I also substituted a salad with grilled chicken for one of my packets for lunch. I would prefer to have my largest losses when I am eating 100% op..so a little disheartening.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:40 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Here in Southcentral BC Canada our temp today will be 26 and highs of 30 for the weekend. (That's approx. 82F & 90F). A few of my friends are going kayaking this morning on the lake, but I will probably meet them a bit later in town. I have a speedy 14 ft canoe, but with my muscles the way they are right now, I can't get it on & off the car rack. If I did manage to do that, I would be able to go with them as I am a fast paddler and pretty good on flatwater, if I say so myself, lol.

**WARNING TMI below**
On a separate note: I had a 'tummy incident' late afternoon/early evening and ended up on the toilet a couple times. I wasn't sure what the heck happened, but thinking about it now... I took a vegan protein shake made with water in the car yesterday and it sat in the hot car for about 3 hours before I drank it. Smelled & tasted fine (just HOT chocolate) but perhaps it was on the way to fermentation, lol as there are no preservatives, etc in it.
Long story short - I now weigh 129 lbs although I am fully hydrated (drank 12 glasses of water yesterday & two this morning). Tummy feels OK now though, so that is good. I will work on upping the food today to get back to goal range. My board shorts are already falling off my skinny butt with no way to resize them easily . Darn, I hate that... they are so expensive.

Liana
You are a brave woman. I don't even drink my water if I've left it in the car for a few hours.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I eat street food in hot foreign countries too, ChipNDip, lol. Actually never been sick from/on a trip. So who knows?...
Liana
Old 06-18-2014, 07:43 PM   #36  

Height: 5'3"

I woke up at 4:15 this morning burning up, sweating, all that fun stuff. Why? Oh, I'm not sick - the AC is out. ARGH. Long story short, the AC people were going to come today but now it won't be until tomorrow morning. So what'd I do with that time I took off of work? My living room is freaking SPARKLING. It is so damn clean. Add in no AC and I have sweated my booty off today.

With all that said, the scale has really not moved too much when I've randomly checked it in the past week. I'm trying to prepare myself for a minimal weight loss, but still rough.

I'll be at the beach in two weeks and two weeks after that, I'll be in Chicago. I think I'm going to try to crack down and not have my beloved restricted bar in the evenings anymore. It will be rough, but I hope it will get some more weight off before vacation time(s)!
Old 06-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #37  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

So I'm on day 3 of my restart after a week off and I feel like I can barely keep my eyes open lol. It's strange cause I didn't have this problem the first go around. I would think that it would be harder to detox from 34 years of carbs than from 5 days of them (well not 5 days of them, but occasional carbs during those days). Oh well at least I don't have to work although my kids don't exactly let me nap.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:04 PM   #38  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
PS I am getting tired of watching myself get beat up for my regain!! I am soon gonna eliminate that guy who is beating me over the head. To be truthful, I am grateful for the experience because I learned so much from my 4 months long off program. Like for one: phase off step by step next time. And: My old way of eating is history if I want to keep the new me! You'd think that would be a no brainer but I guess I had to prove it to myself one more time.
This is a mental battle and it looks like you're getting geared up for the changes you need to make. Be good to yourself and surround yourself with goodness - you deserve it. You've learned from your past and now it's time to move forward. We're all here for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
Hi all. I haven't posted in a while..still been reading some, but I have been insanely busy at work so I haven't had the time to post. Weighed in today and down 3.2 which I'm excited about. I am feeling guility a little bit because this has been one of my larger losses, and I was traveling and not eating 100% op. I didn't have any foods not on the P1 sheet, but we went out for breakfast twice and I had egg white omelettes instead of my packets. I also substituted a salad with grilled chicken for one of my packets for lunch. I would prefer to have my largest losses when I am eating 100% op..so a little disheartening.
I don't understand why you're disheartened. I started 3 weeks not OP and lost weight. I felt so proud to know I could eat "real food" and lose weight. Being OP keeps me focused and gives me an easier plan, but when you're done with the space packs, you need to eat real food. I say CELEBRATE that you did a great job! You know what needs to be done in the real world now to keep working on your health goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I woke up at 4:15 this morning burning up, sweating, all that fun stuff. Why? Oh, I'm not sick - the AC is out. ARGH.
We don't have AC at all so no whining LOL! I bought my kids a "CHILLOW" pillow at Walmart for under $20. You put water in it and it has a chemical stuff inside that stays cool. It has a felt cover on it and is flat so they just set it on top of their pillow, and it stays cool all night. We love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
So I'm on day 3 of my restart after a week off and I feel like I can barely keep my eyes open lol. It's strange cause I didn't have this problem the first go around. I would think that it would be harder to detox from 34 years of carbs than from 5 days of them (well not 5 days of them, but occasional carbs during those days). Oh well at least I don't have to work although my kids don't exactly let me nap.
Amber -- think of what your body/mind has been going through for the last 3 months! You are EXHAUSTED! Your body is just finally allowing itself to relax and heal. You went from personal problems (that are probably still ongoing) to end of school (and I'm exhausted from that too), to a holiday -- where I'm sure you were excited about, walked a lot etc. Your body is finally just saying -- STOP - Get me the hammock, a pillow and a good book....
Old 06-18-2014, 09:49 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 193/174/135

Height: 5.3

Hi All. I just finished 6 weeks on IP and have lost 19 pounds, 11 inches. That was a good thing to see when I weighed in as I was starting to feel like things are slowing down too much. Have the rest of you struggled at the 7 week mark? I still need to loose 39 more pounds and it feels like so much to go! Any words of wisdom? Thanks all!

Last edited by Inspiredchick; 06-18-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:55 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiredchick View Post
Hi All. I just finished 6 weeks on IP and have lost 19 pounds, 11 inches. That was a good thing to see when I weight in as I was starting to feel like things are slowing down too much. Have the rest of you struggled at the 7 week mark? I still need to loose 39 more pounds and it feels like so much to go! Any words of wisdom? Thanks all!
It really does fly by. I can't believe I am on week 17. If you stay 100%, you are likely to lose 10 pounds a month. You will be at goal by Halloween!

There is always diet fatigue. Shake things up, chose different foods. Stick with it.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:01 PM   #41  

Default Thanks, good idea!

I am also finding I have no appetite and no interest in eating. I know that sounds delightful, but it actually is hard on the IP diet to dread eating everything. My coach suggested more exercise, so I am going to walk before dinner. Has anyone else found they aren't interested in eating, especially salads? Am I the only weird one?
Old 06-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #42  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Nope -- you're not alone. Some days I'm not even hungry either. BUT too little food/too few calories will cause a stall too. Going for a nice walk might definitely help or just make some "routine" things. Have some eggs boiled in the fridge so if you don't feel like cooking, you can just put those on the salad or whatever. Shakes and soups are another great way to get the veggies in with out much eating effort.
If I make IP pancakes, I make a bunch and freeze em. If I don't feel like cooking, I can nuke the pancakes and instant breakfast in 30 seconds.

Bottom line - nope. We're all here with you and equally as weird in our own special ways
Old 06-18-2014, 10:08 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenrusl View Post
This is fabulous!!! I started IP with my goal to be able to run again. I've put on so much weight that even with PT & strength training my knees can't take it I am hopeful to get to a weight soon that I can run again...can't wait!!! In the meantime, I'll run vicariously through you
- thanks Jen, I did sign up this afternoon. I'm sure you will be running in no time! You are doing great with your loses and training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdunham View Post
i had my 5th week wi and lost just over 10lbs---i was away but didn't eat at a restaurant---was able to get in all of my veggies!!!! i feel AWESOME!!!
Way to go ksdunham,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
- DSc that is a great loss and it sounds like you made great choices while travelling. I agree with the other post, you have to learn how to manage eating real food and looks like you did.

Quote:
Hi All. I just finished 6 weeks on IP and have lost 19 pounds, 11 inches. That was a good thing to see when I weighed in as I was starting to feel like things are slowing down too much. Have the rest of you struggled at the 7 week mark? I still need to loose 39 more pounds and it feels like so much to go! Any words of wisdom? Thanks all!
Inspiredchick - love the name, hang in there. The weight likely didn't go on super fast so it won't come off quickly either. You have lost over 3
Lbs a week which is great. Just stick to the program and know that it will work

Heading off to watch more of Orange is the New Black and enjoy the last hour of quiet before DH returns from 3 day business trip
Old 06-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #44  

Quote:
I am also finding I have no appetite and no interest in eating. I know that sounds delightful, but it actually is hard on the IP diet to dread eating everything. My coach suggested more exercise, so I am going to walk before dinner. Has anyone else found they aren't interested in eating, especially salads? Am I the only weird one?
I've been that way this week. Not hungry, not interested. Salad every lunch for 16 weeks and I need a break! I finally found jicama this week, having coleslaw and roasting asparagus. Getting my third pack in after dinner is getting harder so I'm going to try having it in the afternoon.

Smaller meals more often might help. Split up your real protein.i suppose it's better than being hungry!

Are you bored? Are you eating the same things all the time?
Old 06-18-2014, 10:15 PM   #45  

Thanks all for the advice. Glad I am not alone! Interesting you said that about being bored. I just had two clients cancel in one week (unusual) and found myself unmotivated (ok, bored) and a bit blue. I am guessing that is NOT helping with my eating either. You guys are great, glad I finally got back on here, thank you!
Closed Thread