Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 179/174.2/150

Height: 5'3

Thanks evemomma and notcoolenough for the encouragement. I can say that you both made good points. My initial goal is only 20-30 lbs starting at 179 lbs. Depending on how things go and if I am comfortable at that weight I may try for more. And I did lose about 1.5 inches off my waist. So that is another victory that I didn't even consider! I also had just done a complete colon cleanse for a colonoscopy the day before I started so I probably was pretty cleared out of fluids and other excess waste. LOL.
But nontheless I feel pretty good and determined to do this! Will make sure that I look at the BIG PICTURE and not just the numbers on the scale.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:13 AM   #17  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Great ideas, thank you. How many Hb eggs are we allowed? I would assume that maybe I should disgaurd some of the yokes if I were to eat a few in place of my dinner protein.
4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites are the equivalent of 8 oz of protein. If you're splitting your protein, most people (including my coach) count an egg as 2 oz. For instance, sometimes when I am finishing leftovers I'll have 4 oz of chicken and 2 whole eggs to equal the 8 oz.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:18 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 179/174.2/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I blend spinach in my IP drinks and pudding, you can't even taste it! Very delicious!
Do you use a regular blender or a nutribullet or ninja? I have a regular blender and wonder if it will blend it up well enough for me to not taste it or change the texture.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:19 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysgirl319 View Post
Do you use a regular blender or a nutribullet or ninja? I have a regular blender and wonder if it will blend it up well enough for me to not taste it or change the texture.
I have a regular blender, it works just fine for me.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:20 AM   #20  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
I had an a-ha moment last night. I was driving home after picking up my daughter from a camp she is at (only for this one week) and when I got close to the street to turn on for her regular place, I turned on my blinker. Then I realized hey she is in the car. I think this is what happens to me after I'm no longer on a diet. I put it on auto pilot and start back in to all my old bad habits. This time is going to be different. I'm going to have to make a conscious effort to maintain and not go back to my old habits. Seems like such common sense but yet I have yo-yo dieted for so long.
Sophie- Thanks for sharing! You are absolutely correct about consciously changing our habits. I feel like my habits have changed, but the real test will come when I'm out of Phase 1. I'm also changing my husband's habits. He's replaced his snacking with EAS Shakes and Quest Bars. He doesn't need to lose, but those empty calories in his other snacks didn't fill him up and he gets grumpy when he's hungry! Hopefully we have successfully changed our lifestyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Good morning friends! Going to be a hot day at swim lessons for my kids this AM. I really like flavorful cooking/ food. Currently, I use LOTS of garlic and onion powder, parsley, Italian seasoning, cumin, cayenne, spicy mustard, Frank's hot sauce, soy sauce, WF chipotle ranch, dill pickles, peppercinis, and banana peppers to flavor.

What other spices/sauces/herb rubs/dressings do you use?

Blessings!!!
Evemomma, I love your new profile pic. It's very flattering and you can def tell the pounds are melting away.

Do you have a Pensey's Spices where you live? I stop in and buy some of their spice mixes. It really helps to liven up veggies and protein. Currently I'm addicted to one called Sunny Paris Seasoning. It's expensive, but so good! It's a mix of shallots, chives, green peppercorns, dill weed, basil, tarragon, chervil and bay leaf.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #21  

Default Omega 3 Alternative

Lisa,

I know you've mentioned in the past that you do not use IP Omega3s. What brand do you use? I'm ready for a change and I'm tired of forcing them down.

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #22  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default steamrolling into week 3

I was very worried about money yesterday and less on myself. Thank you all for the suggestions about trying alternative IP products. I am feeling once I got this down and after more research about proteins and products I will be able to transition pretty well.

These forums are a gold mine of ideas, lessons, and support. THANK YOU!

Feeling super positive today. Lost 14 lbs and 3 inches of my waist. Wearing cute capri's that did not fit 3 weeks ago. It was the motivation I needed for all will power I have exercised this past few weeks.

So glad to have found this community!
Old 06-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #23  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default need ideas

i have learned that I absolutely suck at taking vitamins. I already new this as I have never been good and taking a daily regimen of pills. Can anyone share their strategies at not forgetting your vitamins?
Old 06-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
i have learned that I absolutely suck at taking vitamins. I already new this as I have never been good and taking a daily regimen of pills. Can anyone share their strategies at not forgetting your vitamins?
I have a weekly pill container that I fill up. During the week I leave it on my desk at work. I leave the Potassium on my nightstand next to my water bottle. It's the easiest to take, so I don't take it with food. On the weekends it's next to my Nutribullet (which I use daily). I've changed up the frequency to better work for my schedule:

9:00 AM - 2 Cal Mags, 1 Multi Vitamin (with breakfast)
12:00 PM - 2 Omega 3s (with lunch)
4:00 - 2 Cal Mags, 1 Multi Vitamin (with 1 cup of veg snack)
Bedtime - Potassium
Old 06-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #25  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Quote:
I have a weekly pill tray that includes removable containers for each day of the week. I fill them all up a week at a time (not just my vitamins, but all my medications). I set it out near my tea kettle before I go to bed, so I don't forget my morning pills. Then I carry it with me all day. I've gotten into a good routine of taking the vitamins although I use a daily timer on my phone to remind me to take my dinner-time pills (that includes my birth control - which I want to make sure to take at the same time every day). You could use a timer for all the vitamins throughout the day, too.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #26  
Restarted IP 6/9/14

S/C/G: 250/240/170

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
I keep all mine in my car passenger seat! I take vitamins with water and have a breakfast RTD shake on my way to work each morning, and I take them weekends as I'm running errands. Fits it into my routine and me a time limit to get them down.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:08 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrztina View Post
I have a weekly pill container that I fill up. During the week I leave it on my desk at work. I leave the Potassium on my nightstand next to my water bottle. It's the easiest to take, so I don't take it with food. On the weekends it's next to my Nutribullet (which I use daily). I've changed up the frequency to better work for my schedule:

9:00 AM - 2 Cal Mags, 1 Multi Vitamin (with breakfast)
12:00 PM - 2 Omega 3s (with lunch)
4:00 - 2 Cal Mags, 1 Multi Vitamin (with 1 cup of veg snack)
Bedtime - Potassium
I also use a weekly pill container and leave it on my kitchen counter. I take my morning pills before work and my evening pills before dinner. I keep the calmag on my desk at work and take two of those at lunch.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #28  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppertree View Post
4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites are the equivalent of 8 oz of protein. If you're splitting your protein, most people (including my coach) count an egg as 2 oz. For instance, sometimes when I am finishing leftovers I'll have 4 oz of chicken and 2 whole eggs to equal the 8 oz.
Than you. That is a lot of eggs. Should keep me full for a long time.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #29  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

IP43- Good luck to you both with the long distance relationships. It is hard for sure, but one thing I found when I was in one was that we communicated way more than if we were "hanging out" at a movie theater or something. You are building a wonderful foundation that is based on sharing your thoughts and ideas, and talking to each other. That is a great start to a long term commitment

Thank you for this comment from last night. You are very right. Long distance is hard but it requires better communication which we all know is the foundation of a good relationship.

On another note those pounds I gained are gone after one day on IP, I'm back to tetering on the verge of onederland... lol can we say water weight people! BUAHAHA
Old 06-17-2014, 01:31 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysgirl319 View Post
Someone else mentioned that if you freeze your spinach or kale, it makes your smoothie thick & frosty and seems to chop up easier. If you have a blender this might be the way to go. I've noticed bags of frozen Kale in the freezer section of the grocery and they were cheaper than fresh. Maybe worth a try.

Liana

RE Vitamins: I also have a weekly tray of daily pill containers and fill them up at the beginning of the week, taking my daily pack in my purse when I go out.
pre -breakfast by 1/2 hr = 2 Reishi pills
breakfast = 1 Vitex, 1 potassium, 1 d3
Lunch = 2 Omegas, 1 Super multi
Dinner = 1 cal-mag (Xtra C if I'm feeling a bit sniffish)
Bedtime = 2 cal-mag to help with sleep.

Last edited by canadjineh; 06-17-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Closed Thread