3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat 6/14 - Sun 6/15/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/296772-ip-weekend-chat-sat-6-14-sun-6-15-2014-a.html)

lisa32989 06-14-2014 09:06 AM

IP Weekend Chat Sat 6/14 - Sun 6/15/2014

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

IP43 06-14-2014 09:12 AM

We're house hunting and off to look at a property that looks soooo good -- on paper!! I'm getting very excited BUT looking around MY house and seeing nothing but a "to do" list that will need to get done ....yesterday...if we do end up wanting to buy/sell. Yikes!

Ruth Ann 06-14-2014 09:19 AM

Good luck on the house hunting IP43! It's so stressful trying to sell and buy - almost easier to just stay put!

We are going to the ballgame tonight - supposed to be in the low 60s so I'm planning on lots of layers. Wish summer would hurry up and get here!

Have a great weekend everyone!

IP43 06-14-2014 09:31 AM

Thanks Ruth. But I will be happy to "git 'er dun". My DH has been looking for years and I can never tell what is worse -- the constant looking and not finding OR the regret later "oh we shoulda got that place on... Now I'm kicking myself for not putting in an offer..."
I'm very easy going about where to live - it's just a house- but now that I am focusing more on the "mental" part of life, I'm realizing how "unsettled" I have felt and how that actually is another "stress" I've been dealing with.
I am also really feeling like it's a perfect time for a "new start"... hope this one is "the one":crossed:

pishposhappelsauce 06-14-2014 10:12 AM

Just realized this morning that my actual weight is lower than the weight listed on my driver's license. What a nice thought to kick off the weekend!

Jenrusl 06-14-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce (Post 5023530)
Just realized this morning that my actual weight is lower than the weight listed on my driver's license. What a nice thought to kick off the weekend!

Awesome :carrot: That's got to be a great feeling!!! Congrats!

Rayze 06-14-2014 11:24 AM

I've been feeling hungrier yesterday and this morning. I'm sure I will stay OP, but prefer when food is not on my mind. Maybe I'll add a little protein at lunch. Definitely picking up more lettuce!

I just started taking an antibiotic - clindamycin- and am hoping it does not effect ketosis. My coach did not know and Google has not been helpful. Any insight? I guess I will find out next weighin!

GraceRev 06-14-2014 11:26 AM

Pishposhappelsauce, that's an awesome NSV! I can't wait to get there!

lisa32989 06-14-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayze (Post 5023560)
I've been feeling hungrier yesterday and this morning. I'm sure I will stay OP, but prefer when food is not on my mind. Maybe I'll add a little protein at lunch. Definitely picking up more lettuce!

I just started taking an antibiotic - clindamycin- and am hoping it does not effect ketosis. My coach did not know and Google has not been helpful. Any insight? I guess I will find out next weighin!

The antibiotic could be causing the added hunger, as well.
I make cauliflower pancakes for a snack when I have the super hungries & then just have my dinner meat on a huge bed of lettuce. They're pretty good. I just bought some blueberry WF syrup, on the recommendation of somebody else on this board so next time those hungries hit me, I'll have blueberry pancakes!

Whether or not a particular medicine causes a stall or not is probably individual. It won't necessarily affect ketosis, per se. However, if you're on antibiotics, it means you have an infection. Our bodies induce swelling during the healing process and inflammation is water weight. I'd plan for that. I don't even weigh myself when I'm sick. I just stick to plan and know when I'm recovered the water weight will be gone and so will more fat!

MonicaKolesnik 06-14-2014 12:00 PM

IP43, good luck with your house hunt!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce (Post 5023530)

That is an awesome NSV so excited for you, also excited that here they don't put weight on the liscence :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayze (Post 5023560)

I always find I am more hungry at home on my days off then when I am at work, I think it is cause I am kept busy and my mind is far away from food. I think your more proteins and greens is definitly the way to go. On the run I usually do an hardboiled egg.

dangeron 06-14-2014 12:09 PM

I'm so excited about tonight. My cousin's SIL is a bra designer and purged all her samples this week. She sent a huge bin of bras for each of us. We are getting together tonight to dig thru them and try them on. It's going to be so much fun!
Plus I need smaller bras big time. I'm down 6 inches in my chest alone.

There will definitely be food and alcohol involved so I'm planning my day around eating before I get there to resist temptation. I'm going to bring a pack of crisp and a crystal light pack as my fruity beverage :D

Hope everyone has a great day OP today!

IP43 06-14-2014 12:46 PM

Dangeron-- that sounds like fun. I'm trying so hard not too make boob jokes but I think your bra party will be a "hoot". It's important to have a good "support group" but that's taking it to the exreme:lol3:

Halfagain 06-14-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 5023598)
Dangeron-- that sounds like fun. I'm trying so hard not too make boob jokes but I think your bra party will be a "hoot". It's important to have a good "support group" but that's taking it to the exreme:lol3:

It's always good to stay abreast of new designs too. :D

lisa32989 06-14-2014 01:01 PM

Beck Diet Solution Daily tip

Got too busy to post this yesterday.
The weekend is early. It still works

Friday Weekend Warm-up: With summer right around the corner, it might be time to start brushing up on some of your skills. Have you been eating everything sitting down, slowly, and mindfully? Reading your Advantages List? Responding to sabotaging thinking? Giving yourself credit? Making time and energy for dieting? If not, make a commitment to work on your basic skills this weekend to help get you in the right mindset.

IP43 06-14-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfagain (Post 5023606)
It's always good to stay abreast ;) of new designs too.

:dizzy: I sure perked up on that comment Halfagain....

Slipfree 06-14-2014 01:07 PM

Best part of maintenance meeting, I am all in the green on the print outs! Yay me! :yay:

IP43 06-14-2014 01:08 PM

Of course the house was as good as we thought and we already had "moved in" mentally. Told the realtor we'd want to put in an offer. And someone else already beat us by hours this morning with an offer....aaaaagh... so frustrating!
BUT things can still happen so we have a tiny bit of hope left. And I have a healthy lunch on the go so did not "stress eat". .... (in my head I'm "thinking" -- good girl for not stress eating... you deserve a cookie!.... Curse that little:devil: on the shoulder! SWAT!! Got him!! :) )

Halfagain 06-14-2014 01:18 PM

Weekend plans

Plans this weekend
Stay on plan. Drink required water and then more.
Go to Yakima fruit market and stock up on produce
Sort thru clothes mountain and sort by size and season.
Organize! Find matches to socks!
Having mini goal sizes ready helps me stay motivated. I need to find them and taunt my inner healthy chick on her reward of wearing them.
Walk to build up walking distance at a easy pace. Normal dog walk these days is 1.5 miles. Helps me sleep at night, because the dog sleeps better too. :)
Go to fabric or craft store for some crafting supplies needed.

lisa32989 06-14-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangeron (Post 5023579)
I'm so excited about tonight. My cousin's SIL is a bra designer and purged all her samples this week. She sent a huge bin of bras for each of us. We are getting together tonight to dig thru them and try them on. It's going to be so much fun!
Plus I need smaller bras big time. I'm down 6 inches in my chest alone.

Enjoy the treasure chest of samples (or will they arrive on a rack?). I hope you find something that fits so your time there isn't a bust.

lisa32989 06-14-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfagain (Post 5023619)
Plans this weekend
Stay on plan. Drink required water and then more.
Go to Yakima fruit market and stock up on produce
Sort thru clothes mountain and sort by size and season.
Having mini goal sizes ready helps me stay motivated. I need to find them and taunt my inner healthy chick on her reward of wearing them.
Walk to build up walking distance at a easy pace. Normal dog walk these days is 1.5 miles. Helps me sleep at night, because the dog sleeps better too. :)
Go to fabric or craft store for some crafting supplies needed.

I like your list!
I'm chillaxin today. We were at a backyard cookout party last nite. After some of the behavior I witnessed, I'm glad I was the sober one (or perhaps I'd rather forget some of it!). Some people were very inappropriate. I quickly remembered age does not equal maturity.

Other list items for today:
  • Do some yoga
  • Take a nap (I've got a summer cold I've been fighting for days but today I'm achey and grumpy)
  • Take advantage of Father's Day sales to buy a new grill. Ours is shot.
  • Look for 2 golf clubs I don't yet have: driver and wedge. Golf teacher says I need them. I know nothing.
  • More chillaxin after shopping b/c I'm not a shopping fan. :p
  • It's beautiful outdoors so some of that chillaxin will be outside for sure!
  • Do some straightening/organizing (I WISH it was only my sock drawer!)
Yesterday I actually ventured into some stores looking for bedding items to complete the bedroom update. I got a new bedspread set a few weeks ago and have been wanting a variety of colors of pillowcases to add some contrast. Additionally, I have an old comforter that is ripping so I was looking for a duvet cover. So, I found new pillows. And a bunch of golf shirts for DH (great FD sale at JCP). All the rest of the items I was actually looking for I found online this morning in the comfort of my recliner and jammies and coffee. For a shopper-disliker like me, actually going to the stores and not finding what I want drives me right back to the internet.

Today is lazy day.

IP43 06-14-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5023641)
Enjoy the treasure chest of samples (or will they arrive on a rack?). I hope you find something that fits so your time there isn't a bust.

I knew I wasn't the only sick one in the bunch that wouldn't be able to contain myself. Some times my humour spills a little over the top. Maybe I should stop typing and go do some "push ups"....

Thanks for the smiles you other warped friends of mine! :D

canadjineh 06-14-2014 03:12 PM

It's Saturday at 11 AM here - going braless in jammies and staying that way until I get ready to go to town later! I do like pretty bras although sometimes I feel it's just a waste of money if we have to cover them up with clothes. I sometimes envy the young teens with flashy bras peeking out of their tanks, etc. But at my age :eek: it's just the good old "mutton dressed as lamb" comparison. Not someplace I want to go...:no:

Liana

Snuggleburst 06-14-2014 03:12 PM

New bras and house hunting... sounds like a great weekend all around! :)

I'm having my Saturday morning pancake packet with WF syrup. Mmmmmm so gooood.

Then I think I'll do some dishes and head to a gaming meeting I have with friends. Probably going to pick up a salad on the way so I'm not tempted by their pizza.

I've found that the thing that's helped me get through this first week back on IP is a change to my mindset. It's the same mindset I had when I used to be a vegetarian.

All that greasy, bad-for-you stuff? I'm not missing out on it. It's what they eat. Those other people. I don't eat that stuff. That stuff isn't on my menu.

It may not see like a big deal, but it's a huge mindset change. I'm hoping it will keep. :)

kelligirl 06-14-2014 04:20 PM

Hi Lisa,
I don't post much but just started IP. Most of my time on here is spent digging through past posts. You posts are all insanely helpful and it looks like you put a good amount of effort in helping everyone.
Thank you so much.

IP43 06-14-2014 05:13 PM

yes kelligirl, you've discovered our "secret treasure"! If in doubt, ask Lisa :)
She'll give you a researched and true answer -whether it's the one you want to hear or not.

dangeron 06-14-2014 05:46 PM

:rofl::rofl:
Ok, I actually spit my afternoon coffee on my iPad reading these! ( I haven't figured out the multi quote thing. What is this button you all speak of??)

I have tried to think of my own pun to nip this in the bud, fortunately one came to me just under the wire.
I hope I do find some nice options tonight though, otherwise I'll be sagging in disappointment. :D

IP43 06-14-2014 05:47 PM

House hunting update: We really want this house we looked at and are putting in an offer. The only way we can hope to have them take it is if our offer has "no condition" to sell the house we are in now. OMG I feel sick in an "excited" but still "sick" kind of way. If this goes well, our house will sell and all will be well. If not, we could end up the proud owners of two houses and two mortgages....:fr:
I am a believer that all things will work out if they are meant to, but I wouldn't mind a few prayers from people that all goes as it is meant to go
(:coach:attention GraceRev -- I need you on this one! :D )

dangeron 06-14-2014 05:52 PM

IP43- fingers crossed for you on the house!!

Ruth Ann 06-14-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfagain (Post 5023619)
Plans this weekend...

You have matching socks? I'm so impressed! I'm usually pleased if they are both the same length!

Felt like I slipped down the booby-hatch there guys! All too funny!

GraceRev 06-14-2014 06:16 PM

IP43 - I'm on it! Excited for y'all and can't wait to hear how things go. Some friends just finally got an offer accepted after quite an ordeal, so I've been hearing all about the house hunting process and know how anxiety-inducing it can be! Hang in there!

dangeron 06-14-2014 06:57 PM

Found rutabaga at the store today! Making fries right now to go with the hamburgers DH is grilling :)

IP43 06-14-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangeron (Post 5023756)
:rofl::rofl:
Ok, I actually spit my afternoon coffee on my iPad reading these! ( I haven't figured out the multi quote thing. What is this button you all speak of??)

I have tried to think of my own pun to nip this in the bud, fortunately one came to me just under the wire.
I hope I do find some nice options tonight though, otherwise I'll be sagging in disappointment. :D

Ok dangeron - you "hung in" there just fine on your own! Beside the "quote" button is one with quotation marks. Hit that one after each one you want to quote and it will save all your quotes until you get to the last one you want to comment on and then you hit the regular quote button

Quote:

Originally Posted by GraceRev (Post 5023764)
IP43 - I'm on it! Excited for y'all and can't wait to hear how things go. Some friends just finally got an offer accepted after quite an ordeal, so I've been hearing all about the house hunting process and know how anxiety-inducing it can be! Hang in there!

Thanks! I do believe in the power of prayer so I appreciate it.
This house "feels right" after many years of looking but I'd rather go in with the condition we can sell our own house first. That gives us an "out" if we don't sell. With no conditions, ....yikes-a-roo ... it's a BIG risk. But it's so perfect for everything we need, including room for inlaws and outlaws to have room to move in if needed. Room for the boys to play and fish and do "boy stuff" with sticks. Maybe a bit too much grass to cut but DH could get a "big boy toy" for that.... All my redneck men (no offense - I say that with love) would have their "dream" spot to do manly outdoor things.

ReenHag 06-14-2014 08:47 PM

Happy Summer, All!

Hi, everyone!

Wrapped up insanely busy last weeks at school, and now I am THRILLED to say, "I am FREEEEEE!" :cb::cb::cb::hat::hat::hat:

Whew! What a year! I am so ready to relax and recharge. Congrats and enjoy to all the teachers on here who are wrapping up the school year (or perhaps already have).

Enjoyed some steamed crabs last night, a MD favorite, that is for sure! Now having some IP friendly shrimp "scampi" style. Hubby whips up a batch every now and then cuz it is so good! Fun day planned for tomorrow, as we are hosting a Father's Day cookout/ Grad party for DD. We are expecting lots of family and friends. I can't wait! I just love family gatherings.

Have a great weekend!

IP43 06-14-2014 08:51 PM

Hey Renee -- CONGRATS!! I am still in report card writing mode but my 10 day countdown is on, believe me! This is a tough time of year -- I really love my kiddies and will miss them BUT I really need a break too. I have a feeling I'll be following them up a grade so it is a little less of the "sad" part. Bring on that HAMMOCK!! I'm not sure if there are any Diana Gabaldon fans out there, but if you love "Jamie Fraser" as much as I do, you know I'm chompin' on the bit to get her new book cracked. If I start a book NOW though, I will get nothing done until it's finished (some compulsive reading disorder I have -- can't put a good book down) so I'm refusing to let myself look at it for 10 more days!:book2:

canadjineh 06-14-2014 09:19 PM

OK, quick blowing of horn here *FIFA World Cup Alert*, my team woooonnnn!! :coach:
Italy 2
England 1

:flame::flame::flame:

Watched it with Dad instead of going to the pub as previously planned. No snackies and nothing but lime water! Decided not to waste my calories as we are invited to an Epicure Dinner Party in 45 minutes. Yummy pulled pork is on the menu so far...from what I hear.

Liana

evemomma 06-14-2014 09:27 PM

You guys have me BUSTing out laughing! Practically spilling over :)

IP43....good luck on your house offer! I'll pray for you.

We got my hubby a grill and had DELICIOUS grilled veggies for dinner (family had hotdogs too).

Had a great time at my local farmers market at bought kohlrabi, yellow and green zucchini, lettuce, and rhubarb. I'm already regretting not buying more zucchni, it is sooooo sweet and render.

We're off to our little town's homecoming fair and fireworks...bringing my Quest Bar while the fam eats one festival treat.

Happy Early Father's Day!

Jenrusl 06-14-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangeron (Post 5023770)
Found rutabaga at the store today! Making fries right now to go with the hamburgers DH is grilling :)

This intrigues me! How do you make rutabaga fries? I saw some at the store the other day & was wondering what some options would be for it!

brelo 06-15-2014 01:18 AM

About those rutabaga fries: Does anyone know of an easy tool to use to cut them into fries? Those rutabagas sure are solid and difficult to slice!

I have not made them for awhile but I would spritz with a little oil, salt, and throw them in a pretty hot oven to roast. They are delicious.

IP43 06-15-2014 01:32 AM

ooooh... I remember reading a post about rutabegas many eons ago but I'm not sure if there is any "easy way" to do it. I do have a great tool I bought from pampered chef that has a wavy edge to make wavy cut veggies, but it's really solid. Once you got the peel off and into chunks it would make nice fries.
Some veggies peel better when you cook them briefly (like the blanching method) but I don't know if rutabega counts, or if an "axe" is more effective. LOL!

Slipfree 06-15-2014 01:33 AM

Reenhag, congrats on being free. 2.5 days more for me. Have fun at your party!