Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 05:34 PM   #76  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
There are 2 different styles. The "aaah bra" is thinner and lighter and not so tight fitting = monocomfy but less support. It's quite cool for the summer BUT there also is no liner so when wearing a white shirt I might say you could see colour where you need Janet Jackson's pasties the "Genie bra" is a tighter fit and a bit hotter to wear because it has a thin padding, but I think it gives a nice shape. Everything looks smooth and it lifts the girls up quite a bit. Both come in 2X and maybe even 3X.

I had a breast reduction however, so my 'girls' are a B cup now. If I was trying to support more than a C cup, I'm not sure you'd get the support you need. I hate underwires and these are way more comfy than a regular bra, so for my smaller girls, they work well.
I use the Aaaah Bra to sleep in...but it's definitely not supportive enough. I was a DD before this 21 lbs....now not sure where I am. I need a good measure from Ann's Bra Shoppe. I REALLY like Warner's "This is Not a Bra" Bra. It does have underwires (and have to have them after nursing two kids!) But they are wrapped in foam so they don't cut in. I got a two pack at Sam's club but they don't have my size there now. Kohl's has them, so need to try a few on there.

Incidentally, came back from thrift store with my $21 spent for 5 shirts and two pants! Realized my bust is still too big for size medium shirts (and my arm fat)! But I don't care about sizes...thrilled to get some clothes that fit for awhile anyway!
Old 06-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #77  

Height: 5'3"

Sort of NSV: I was having a rough day for the majority of today because I got my jeans caught on something Friday and ripped them. Long story short, they're one of my only pairs that I can wear right now, or so I thought. I went through a ton of clothes and found so many tops/jeans that I didn't realize I had! Not only that, but in one pair, I couldn't fit into a 26W, yet when I tried on a pair of 22W, they fit me so well. The heck? It made me feel so much better which I needed because I was extremely down earlier because of it.

Also! I found a never worn bathing suit I purchased many years ago and tried it on and it felt SO GOOD! I was in shock. I'm going to the lake next weekend and in almost 2 weeks I'll be heading to the beach so I need my swim stuff! I ordered my bottoms (long board shorts, thank you) and I'm ready to go!
Old 06-15-2014, 06:15 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
I use the Aaaah Bra to sleep in...but it's definitely not supportive enough. I was a DD before this 21 lbs....now not sure where I am. I need a good measure from Ann's Bra Shoppe. I REALLY like Warner's "This is Not a Bra" Bra. It does have underwires (and have to have them after nursing two kids!) But they are wrapped in foam so they don't cut in. I got a two pack at Sam's club but they don't have my size there now. Kohl's has them, so need to try a few on there.

Incidentally, came back from thrift store with my $21 spent for 5 shirts and two pants! Realized my bust is still too big for size medium shirts (and my arm fat)! But I don't care about sizes...thrilled to get some clothes that fit for awhile anyway!

I'll have to try "This is not a bra" bra, I have always needed underwire. I breast fed 4 kids and my weight has yo yo'd drastically over the years!
Old 06-15-2014, 06:16 PM   #79  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
So, splenda's okay on P1, right? I just had some in an herbal tea and realized I wasn't sure if it was OP because I haven't used any sweeteners up to this point. I looked through my IP literature and couldn't find anything about it. Thoughts?
Yep splenda is good. Stevia I think is better in life -- not sure for this diet. Aspartame and Sucralose are the bad ones. HOWEVER not all sweeteners are created equally so I'm going to try to attach something I saved before... hope it works. It's from http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/wha...aralcohols.htm

EDIT: it wouldn't let me attach the file but the hyperlink seems to work. Look at the chart on the bottom for the best sweeteners. Some are so close to sugar that they affect your body the same way as having sugar. Those are the ones we want to avoid BUT those are the ones --like Maltitol -- that are in a lot of things -- you may as well have the sugar when you look at the GI effects.

Last edited by IP43; 06-15-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:23 PM   #80  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Well I'm home from vacation and it was a good reminder that even the best plans don't work lol. I intended to be p3 on vacation but I was surprised by the lack of availability of veggies fruit where I was. Essentially I gave up trying on the second day lol. Of course I still was very cautious and I'm actually glad to be home and was even happier when I stepped on the scale to find only a 2lb gain. Time to get back to working on my goal!
Old 06-15-2014, 06:46 PM   #81  
Diane on track July 2014

2 lbs seems reasonable to me -- get back into the zone and that 2 lbs will be gone by Wed I'm glad you had a super holiday. I'd say "BRA"vo but we've had enough boob chat here while you were gone! (hee hee-- couldn't resist just one more)
Old 06-15-2014, 07:23 PM   #82  

Default Starting Wednesday

Hi all. I have a consultation Tuesday and hope to start IP Wednesday. I know a few people who have had great success on it. I've been reading the threads on this site and feel pretty prepared. You have all already taught me a lot. Thanks for the inspiration. I look forward to joining you on this weight loss journey.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #83  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Splenda is sucralose. I use stevia as much as I can. The powder forms of either contain carbs so try and find the liquid one.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #84  
Diane on track July 2014

thanks for clarifying chip 'n' dip. I only use Stevia, so I'm not as "versed" on the others. Funny story:I have the drops and the powder, and didn't quite realize how concentrated the liquid stuff is. I put in the equal amount of liquid in as was called for in a powder in a recipe.... YIKES was that sweet! LOL... note to self...
The liquid is expensive but is so concentrated I can't imagine ever running out
Old 06-15-2014, 08:01 PM   #85  
Diane on track July 2014

House update: We're now "third out of 3" on the list for house offer being accepted so I guess the "dream" continues. I know this means there is a better plan for us, but it's still disappointing. Funny how the window washing has stopped and DH is parked in front of the t.v.... I'm sure that's just 'cause he's tired from working at getting the house ready, not that he's given up.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:13 PM   #86  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

I have a full day offsite meeting tomorrow, with dinner afterwards. I am ready! Checked with the admin about the lunch menu and decided to bring my own. Checked out the dinner menu at the restaurant and can def make it work. Prepared and ready!
Old 06-15-2014, 09:22 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Mom View Post
Hi all. I have a consultation Tuesday and hope to start IP Wednesday. I know a few people who have had great success on it. I've been reading the threads on this site and feel pretty prepared. You have all already taught me a lot. Thanks for the inspiration. I look forward to joining you on this weight loss journey.
Welcome! I am new on here too. Week 2 of the official IP program. I am addicted to this site. So much great advice! Looking forward to seeing you on here.

Hey all... is there a limit to how often you can use the Mangosteen drink enhancer?
Old 06-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #88  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I love the fruity IP drinks at the beach...Pina colada, pink lemonade, orange drink, etc.

To add to recipes, "potato" salad made with cauliflower instead of potatos (and WF mayo)
Mockamole (made with asaparagus) makes a great "salad dressing" but also a good dip for celery and cukes. I also use it as a spread on my zucchini-potato puree bread.
There's also a recipe for a cauliflower tortilla. Doing that you don't have to use a packet.

My 3 go-to veggie salads when I'm away at the beach are the mock potato salad, cole slaw (I add extra ACV b/c I'm not a fan of WF slaw dressing by itself), and the very simple cukes & onions in acv, water, splenda.

If I have those 3 salads, and meat from the grill, I'm all set! We like to keep it simple so we're on the beach more than in the kitchen.

Have fun!!! I'm 17 days from leaving for my beach vacation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
http://slimpalate.com/cauliflower-to...e-gluten-free/

I've been making these for a few months. I like that they don't use a packet, allowing me to fill them with meat and veggies. They freeze well, so I make large batches and always have them available.
Thank you for the tips! I'll add them to my list!
Old 06-15-2014, 10:16 PM   #89  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
2 lbs seems reasonable to me -- get back into the zone and that 2 lbs will be gone by Wed I'm glad you had a super holiday. I'd say "BRA"vo but we've had enough boob chat here while you were gone! (hee hee-- couldn't resist just one more)
Nope I promised myself as I strayed that I wouldn't be upset unless it was over 15... so when I hopped on the scale when I got home and was NO WHERE near even 10 I was stoked... I've read lot's of posts where people went off on vacations and gained 10+ lbs.... I will say though there was two separate occasions where I felt like dog doo... both times I ate French fries of some assortment.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:22 PM   #90  
Diane on track July 2014

Well Amber, you had a great vaycay, but learned now how upsetting the greasy food really makes you feel. You know that you will put some weight back on when you switch to regular food as your "glycogen" stores rebuild (or whatever the theory is), so I really think the 2 pounds will be off you in no time.
Closed Thread