Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 11:41 AM   #61  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Thanks all for wishes on my house. We've sent our "best" offer in and that's all there is to it. The house is for DH not me, so I'm fine in my present house if needed. However, the potential to be selling has put some "mojo" in my DH. It's father's day and he's doing windows! (No really -- this is more rare than "Hailey's comet sightings".) Yesterday was power wash the back of the house, then use a Mr. Clean scrubby as it wasn't good enough, then paint some trim that has been waiting a long time...

... I'm tempted to call the realtor and tell him to hold off on any news for as long as possible ! Where is the rest of that "honey do" list??

Last edited by IP43; 06-15-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:03 PM   #62  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
The rutabaga was very hard to cut but the fries were yummy and so worth it.

I came home with about 20 new bras last night! It was a good day all around.
Better hope the girls stay the same size for a while! If mine shrunk anymore I won't even need a bra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Heading to the in-laws today. Land of all carbs, no veggies, and fried foods. Combatting with a eggs and a big green salad with healthy veggies for breakfast so I go not hungry and can be really picky.
Luckily my parents are trying to stick with my plan. We are having prime rib. A little too fatty but I can work around most of it even tho that's my favourite part. No potatoes for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Thanks all for wishes on my house. We've sent our "best" offer in and that's all there is to it. The house is for DH not me, so I'm fine in my present house if needed. However, the potential to be selling has put some "mojo" in my DH. It's father's day and he's doing windows! (No really -- this is more rare than "Hailey's comet sightings".) Yesterday was power wash the back of the house, then use a Mr. Clean scrubby as it wasn't good enough, then paint some trim that has been waiting a long time...

... I'm tempted to call the realtor and tell him to hold off on any news for as long as possible ! Where is the rest of that "honey do" list??
The only time my hubby does anything around the house is when we move. Luckily we move every few years.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:47 PM   #63  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Vacation Recipes

This time next week I'll be chilling on the beach! Looking forward to this SO MUCH as I have not had a day off work since Christmastime. We have an oceanfront condo with a full kitchen and grill. When I first started IP I thought I would be a little more lax during this vacation, but right now I'm resolved to stay 100% OP. There's no excuse not to since I have a full kitchen at my disposal, will have lots of seafood options and I actually love to use beach vacations to try new recipes and cook using fresh produce from all of the farmer's stands that are around. I've been scouring the threads looking for some cool new recipes that can be easily modified for non IP-ers for the others in my family. Here are a few I'm thinking of trying out:

Huevos Rancheros with IP Potato Puree "tortilla"
Baked Green Tomatoes coated in IP SW curls
Shrimp and cauli "grits"
Pizza w/ IP Crispy Cereal crust
Mock mojito w/ rum extract
Asian chicken lettuce wraps

Anyone have any favorite vacation or special occasion IP meals I should add to my list?
Old 06-15-2014, 01:09 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
This time next week I'll be chilling on the beach! Looking forward to this SO MUCH as I have not had a day off work since Christmastime. We have an oceanfront condo with a full kitchen and grill. When I first started IP I thought I would be a little more lax during this vacation, but right now I'm resolved to stay 100% OP. There's no excuse not to since I have a full kitchen at my disposal, will have lots of seafood options and I actually love to use beach vacations to try new recipes and cook using fresh produce from all of the farmer's stands that are around. I've been scouring the threads looking for some cool new recipes that can be easily modified for non IP-ers for the others in my family. Here are a few I'm thinking of trying out:

Huevos Rancheros with IP Potato Puree "tortilla"
Baked Green Tomatoes coated in IP SW curls
Shrimp and cauli "grits"
Pizza w/ IP Crispy Cereal crust
Mock mojito w/ rum extract
Asian chicken lettuce wraps

Anyone have any favorite vacation or special occasion IP meals I should add to my list?
I love the fruity IP drinks at the beach...Pina colada, pink lemonade, orange drink, etc.

To add to recipes, "potato" salad made with cauliflower instead of potatos (and WF mayo)
Mockamole (made with asaparagus) makes a great "salad dressing" but also a good dip for celery and cukes. I also use it as a spread on my zucchini-potato puree bread.
There's also a recipe for a cauliflower tortilla. Doing that you don't have to use a packet.

My 3 go-to veggie salads when I'm away at the beach are the mock potato salad, cole slaw (I add extra ACV b/c I'm not a fan of WF slaw dressing by itself), and the very simple cukes & onions in acv, water, splenda.

If I have those 3 salads, and meat from the grill, I'm all set! We like to keep it simple so we're on the beach more than in the kitchen.

Have fun!!! I'm 17 days from leaving for my beach vacation!
Old 06-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I have a question- I know I've seen a recipe on here to make a wrap out of potato purée mix-I have spent the past hour searching for it and can't find it- does anyone know it off hand?? Thanks!!
here is one way
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4624393-post7.html
Old 06-15-2014, 01:26 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Default Cauliflower tortillas

http://slimpalate.com/cauliflower-to...e-gluten-free/

I've been making these for a few months. I like that they don't use a packet, allowing me to fill them with meat and veggies. They freeze well, so I make large batches and always have them available.

Last edited by Wahoofan; 06-15-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:31 PM   #67  

IP43 - lol on your hubby doing work around the house today! Hoping for the best with the final offer - good for you both in setting a firm limit and not getting caught up in the excitement of the bidding war. Keep us posted!
Old 06-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #68  
Diane on track July 2014

Thanks GraceRev -- we have a few hours till we know. However, I wouldn't go so far as to say "didn't get caught up in the excitement"... this house is more expensive so the "freedom 55" plan of being mortgage free may end up being the "freedom 65" plan or something.... LOL... We'll be the only parents who will WANT their kids to move back in so we can charge them rent! (jk! They're only pre-teens -- I'm not keen for them to move out yet)
Old 06-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #69  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Better hope the girls stay the same size for a while! If mine shrunk anymore I won't even need a bra!

The only time my hubby does anything around the house is when we move. Luckily we move every few years.

Good luck on the house! Wish my hubby would want to house shop...i'm the itchy one there.

My girls are just getting lower and lower! I've been trying to hold off on new bras but am in DIRE need of at least one (sewed couple smaller around but...). I am headed out to find a few thrift store clothes to get me through. Because my bust shrank, all my shirts are falling off my shoulders, and my pants are sagging. An 80's Madonna-Hip-hop mash-up is not a good look for me!
Old 06-15-2014, 03:12 PM   #70  
Diane on track July 2014

Lol Evemomma -- I kinda wish you wouldn't have said "lower and lower"... I had a visual of you rolling them up to fill the cup! I bought some that are on the aisle near the cash at Walmart -- the "as seen on tv" brand. They are elasticy, no wires, and have a bit of a padding (very thin) but enough to make them very smooth in shirts and very comfy. I almost don't want to go back to any with hooks and eyes. Check them out -- usually 3 in a pack and there are different colours as well as all white or the beige/white/black combo. I have the teal/purple/rose set as well which is great as a 'tank' under spagetti strap shirts -- a more layered/less 'bra strap' look. Give 'em a try! (or just roll and tuck! LOL)
Old 06-15-2014, 03:22 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Lol Evemomma -- I kinda wish you wouldn't have said "lower and lower"... I had a visual of you rolling them up to fill the cup! I bought some that are on the aisle near the cash at Walmart -- the "as seen on tv" brand. They are elasticy, no wires, and have a bit of a padding (very thin) but enough to make them very smooth in shirts and very comfy. I almost don't want to go back to any with hooks and eyes. Check them out -- usually 3 in a pack and there are different colours as well as all white or the beige/white/black combo. I have the teal/purple/rose set as well which is great as a 'tank' under spagetti strap shirts -- a more layered/less 'bra strap' look. Give 'em a try! (or just roll and tuck! LOL)
Do the bras give enough support?
Old 06-15-2014, 03:33 PM   #72  

Thanks for the recipes girls!!!!!! There's SO much information on here I can never remember where I saw it, I copied and pasted many of them to my notepad.

I finally found a store that sells WF and can't wait to make Big Mac in a bowl.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #73  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Do the bras give enough support?
There are 2 different styles. The "aaah bra" is thinner and lighter and not so tight fitting = more comfy but less support. It's quite cool for the summer BUT there also is no liner so when wearing a white shirt I might say you could see colour where you need Janet Jackson's pasties the "Genie bra" is a tighter fit and a bit hotter to wear because it has a thin padding, but I think it gives a nice shape. Everything looks smooth and it lifts the girls up quite a bit. Both come in 2X and maybe even 3X.

I had a breast reduction however, so my 'girls' are a B cup now. If I was trying to support more than a C cup, I'm not sure you'd get the support you need. I hate underwires and these are way more comfy than a regular bra, so for my smaller girls, they work well.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:10 PM   #74  

Quote:
There are 2 different styles. The "aaah bra" is thinner and lighter and not so tight fitting = more comfy but less support. It's quite cool for the summer BUT there also is no liner so when wearing a white shirt I might say you could see colour where you need Janet Jackson's pasties the "Genie bra" is a tighter fit and a bit hotter to wear because it has a thin padding, but I think it gives a nice shape. Everything looks smooth and it lifts the girls up quite a bit. Both come in 2X and maybe even 3X.

I had a breast reduction however, so my 'girls' are a B cup now. If I was trying to support more than a C cup, I'm not sure you'd get the support you need. I hate underwires and these are way more comfy than a regular bra, so for my smaller girls, they work well.
I see the genie bra and often wondered how it would fit. I'm a DD so I may have to wait a few months!
Old 06-15-2014, 04:30 PM   #75  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

So, splenda's okay on P1, right? I just had some in an herbal tea and realized I wasn't sure if it was OP because I haven't used any sweeteners up to this point. I looked through my IP literature and couldn't find anything about it. Thoughts?
Closed Thread