Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I do not know what the official statement is, but when I went in for my weight in today and I had not done well despite being, I thought, 100% OP, I had not done well.

I did not read the protocol sheet well (my fault, did not do my research) and I had happily been adding delicious red and yellow peppers to my salad at lunch and then roasting them for dinner. I was advised that they are absolutely NOT OK and that they are very high in carbs. That was why my weight had been going up instead of down for an entire week!

Green peppers only.

So who knows, but that is the poop as I got it today?

There is so much conflicting information on this, I guess I'll just see how I do eating them. If they seem to slow me down I won't eat them...
Old 06-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #32  

I don't know but I think something in the food I ate last night messed me up. We went to a Mexican restaraunt and I had combination fajita, I only ate the meat, and a side of veggies- zucchini, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli. And today I am STARVING!! I made my g-baby a cheese quesillda and man I want to scarf it down!!!

I stayed strong though!! I drank water!!! Waiting on my DH to grill our steaks.

Could something in the meat or veggies have thrown me out of ketosis???
Old 06-13-2014, 07:01 PM   #33  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I don't know but I think something in the food I ate last night messed me up. We went to a Mexican restaraunt and I had combination fajita, I only ate the meat, and a side of veggies- zucchini, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli. And today I am STARVING!! I made my g-baby a cheese quesillda and man I want to scarf it down!!!

I stayed strong though!! I drank water!!! Waiting on my DH to grill our steaks.

Could something in the meat or veggies have thrown me out of ketosis???
Hi Kelly,
There are some things that trigger cravings other than just plain you crave them :-) For me some sweeteners will do that. I doubt highly your meal threw you out of ketosis it sounds like a stellar evening and you did great! Congratulations on your choices. You are rocking this, hang in there.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Hi Kelly,
There are some things that trigger cravings other than just plain you crave them :-) For me some sweeteners will do that. I doubt highly your meal threw you out of ketosis it sounds like a stellar evening and you did great! Congratulations on your choices. You are rocking this, hang in there.
Maybe I'm just genuinely hungry??? Lol I haven't felt this in a while! I guess DH needs to fire the grill up!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 07:09 PM   #35  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I had the same question about peppers -- doubted myself for a bit too when I read elsewhere only to use green. But there was a "unanimous" no to only green so I'm going to stick with my coloured peppers. They bring me joy LOL

As for the mexican food, they do add flavourings when grilling so who knows if they used something more sugary than expected. I am always amazed because most sauces are 1 Tbsp serving, but if you just eyeball it into a stir fry, you're probably getting 1/4 cup of sauce. Unless you're cooking it yourself it's hard to know what you're actually getting
Old 06-13-2014, 07:20 PM   #36  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Maybe I'm just genuinely hungry??? Lol I haven't felt this in a while! I guess DH needs to fire the grill up!!!
LOL could be! Go go DH Griller! (sorry Inspector Gadget came to mind)
Old 06-13-2014, 07:32 PM   #37  

Halfagain-Inspector gadget!! Lol

Ip43- exactly! That's why I try not to eat out. I try so hard- I don't want to inadvertently slip up!!
Old 06-13-2014, 07:33 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

I do love the little mini peppers, particularly when charred on the grill. But I struggled so much last week to lose weight that I am more than happy to give them up for week and see what happens. Yes, I am that desperate!
Old 06-13-2014, 07:44 PM   #39  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I am surprised they would be that different between the mini peppers and the full size kind. We have finally found something ladies, where "full size" is better than being "petite"... LOL....
Old 06-13-2014, 08:32 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

Without my roasted red pepper purée, I would never make it!
Old 06-14-2014, 01:36 AM   #41  
Restarted IP 6/9/14

S/C/G: 250/240/170

Height: 5'11"

Posting late Friday night/Saturday morning to crow about my success!

I was supposed to grab dinner with my best friend and her mother and then go to the movies, but she worked late so we ended up at the movies first. I drank a protein shake on the way, but it was way past my dinner time and I was starving.

They got a giant bucket of popcorn for the three of us to share, but I didn't touch it, wasn't even tempted! Then we ended up at a bar for dinner and everyone wanted to split wings... I turned them down and had a sirloin steak with steamed veggies.

Tomorrow is a monthly game session which always includes soda and pizza. I'm going to pick up a salad on my way.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:43 AM   #42  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I think she was specifically referring to the mini sweet yellow, red, and orange peppers which are 4 net carbs for 3 mini peppers, which chopped is probably 1/4 to 1/3 cup. My math is my weak suit but I am looking at about 12 to 16 net carbs for a cup of chopped mini peppers?

Just for good luck, I will stay away!
I didn't realize there was that much difference between the mini sweet peppers and the regular bell peppers. I hadn't bought the minis mostly because of the price (cheaper to have dh cut up the big ones!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggleburst View Post
Posting late Friday night/Saturday morning to crow about my success!

I was supposed to grab dinner with my best friend and her mother and then go to the movies, but she worked late so we ended up at the movies first. I drank a protein shake on the way, but it was way past my dinner time and I was starving.

They got a giant bucket of popcorn for the three of us to share, but I didn't touch it, wasn't even tempted! Then we ended up at a bar for dinner and everyone wanted to split wings... I turned them down and had a sirloin steak with steamed veggies.

Tomorrow is a monthly game session which always includes soda and pizza. I'm going to pick up a salad on my way.
Congrats to you! Great job on staying OP and planning. I love these NSVs!
Closed Thread