Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 07:06 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Thursday 6/12/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-12-2014, 09:05 AM   #2  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Everyone must be too busy being healthy to post! Thanks Lisa for maintaining the daily threads so faithfully!

Has anyone ordered alt IP through amazon prime? I would love to take advantage of free shipping. I couldn't get the Nashua coupon to work yesterday.

Happy Thursday, friends!!!!!
Old 06-12-2014, 09:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Everyone must be too busy being healthy to post! Thanks Lisa for maintaining the daily threads so faithfully!

Has anyone ordered alt IP through amazon prime? I would love to take advantage of free shipping. I couldn't get the Nashua coupon to work yesterday.

Happy Thursday, friends!!!!!
I'm here, lurking!! lol reading every single word that has been posted since I was on here last night! lol

This forum has become my life!!! I NEED you guys!!!
Old 06-12-2014, 09:39 AM   #4  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I'm here, lurking!! lol reading every single word that has been posted since I was on here last night! lol

This forum has become my life!!! I NEED you guys!!!
You can do it, Kelly! You are doing great...weeks 3-5 were hard ones for me, i felt tired and was still struggling with food prep. Have fun with your food...it makes staying OP sooooo much easier!
Old 06-12-2014, 09:51 AM   #5  

Default Good Morning!

Epic fail at my house last night! I was so tired that I fell asleep after dinner. I left 2 servings of ground beef out on the counter (never put them in the fridge!) I didn't feed the cats, I missed my evening snack, and left the back door wide open with just the screen door! Ugh
Guess I'll pick something up at the grocery store for dinner tonight and regroup.

Anyway, the blessing of the practice went great last night so that was good! Off to see my eldest parishioner today, she is 92 years young. Then have a board meeting for a local charity this afternoon. Sure is hard to be focused on business at 4:30 on Thursday afternoons! Lol
Old 06-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Epic fail at my house last night! I was so tired that I fell asleep after dinner. I left 2 servings of ground beef out on the counter (never put them in the fridge!) I didn't feed the cats, I missed my evening snack, and left the back door wide open with just the screen door! Ugh
Guess I'll pick something up at the grocery store for dinner tonight and regroup.

Anyway, the blessing of the practice went great last night so that was good! Off to see my eldest parishioner today, she is 92 years young. Then have a board meeting for a local charity this afternoon. Sure is hard to be focused on business at 4:30 on Thursday afternoons! Lol
Haha, you obviously don't have cats like mine, who would have eaten the beef you left out!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #7  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post

So sorry you were so tired, but glad you have a sense of humor about it! And well-trained cats, they didn't eat the beef! Mine stay off the counters except when there are tomatoes left out - for some reason the big one loves tomatoes.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:13 AM   #8  

Default Week 2 weigh in

I had my week 2 weigh in last night and I'm down another 2.8 pounds, for a total of 6.2. It kind of makes me feel like a nerd for knowing this, but I'm 1/5 of the way to goal in just 2 weeks! I know I may slow down, and there will be challenges this summer with vacations, but hopefully I can maintain a rate similar to what I've done so far and be at goal by the end of summer. I'm planning to phase off at the end of summer anyhow due to a friend's wedding I will want to be able to partake in all the activities of, so I'm reassured I will at least be very close!

I've also looked back at my weight watchers tracker, and I haven't been this weight since the end of August 2013. It might not seem like that long, but I'm happy to see the scale moving in the direction I want it to for a change!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #9  

Congrats, NotCoolEnough! And how exciting to know that you are well on your way!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #10  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Weighed my self this morning and am down the 6lbs I gained over this last weekend cheats. Four wasted days over just a couple meals. Oh well, at least they are gone and I'm on track. Cheating isn't worth it.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:25 AM   #11  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

One of my biggest challenges is dinner time. Not tasting, nibbling, what I prepare for my kids. Last night they wanted me to BBQ them burgers. I thought it would kill me but I made myself a 7oz patty and bbq'd it. then had Bigmac in a bowl. It was Delicious. I'm glad that it is summertime, I am utilizing my bbq every night for my protein. I honestly love my dinners.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:37 AM   #12  

Default Turkey or Chicken Sausage?

Does anyone know if turkey or chicken sausage is considered OP? My boyfriend grilled some turkey kielbasa last week and I wasn't sure if it was allowed or not - but it smelled soooo good. I love to grill and would like to add this in sometimes if it's on plan. I can ask my coach if you guys aren't sure, but thought I'd try here first.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 226/198/162 (or lower)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
...weeks 3-5 were hard ones for me, i felt tired and was still struggling with food prep. Have fun with your food...it makes staying OP sooooo much easier!
That is the truth. I'm in week 6 and am wishing for some good, quick meal options. It is difficult some days. We are all so used to convenience. If only there was a fast food restaurant that had veggies and meat. A Mongolian Hot Bowl drive through...drive through, pick your veggies, meat, sauce and starch (hold the starch). I was out with one of my sons yesterday and was thinking a Hot Bowl restaurant would be great for us to sit and eat lunch - we both love that. Of course the only one around was Genghis Grill. He ate at one with his friends after a track meet recently and he said it was awful, so we didn't go there. We ended up at Five Guys burgers and I got a burger without the bun, mushrooms pickles and lettuce. Still good, fast and OP, but not really enough vegetables and I was really looking forward to Mongolian grilled meat and veggies - veggies that I didn't have to chop and cook!

I have found that when I'm a bit more impatient, frozen vegetables are a little bit of a timesaver. They aren't quite as flavorful, but they are good. I pretty much live on red and green bell peppers, zucchini and yellow squash. Close second are mushrooms, green onions, spinach and a jicima ("fries") and dill pickles. Really lazy days I eat canned green beans. I love to roast cauliflower and Brussels sprouts, but everyone else in the house complains of the smell, so that is infrequent. Ha!

Luckily, I've found that I'm not super sensitive to a tiny bit of sugar, because I've made some accidental slip ups and I haven't gone out of ketosis and my weight loss hasn't really stalled at all. I have eaten things in restaurants with no ill effects. If I had to eat bland completely, I'd never be able to do this. Even if I have a small or no loss at a WI, it usually evens out the next day. I think I have WI anxiety! My body doesn't work right on WI days - I don't ever have the big C, but I rarely "do my thing" on WI days. Weird... By the way, beware of Sonic drinks as a treat - the small Diet, Sugar-free Cherry Limeade is okay once in a while (diet Sprite has aspartame, but the diet Cherry syrup is ok), however, the diet cherry lime slush still has sugar because the slush mix contains some sugar. Still, had a small one not knowing this and it didn't affect my weight loss or ketosis. I enjoyed it, too! It is HOT in Houston in the summer... I won't make that mistake again, but mmmm. I love a slush. Maybe our old snow cone machine can be pulled out... Make your own lemon or limeade at home with Cascade water and SF syrup. Better choice.

So far, this is hard, but I am loving my results. 20 pounds in six weeks is the best results I've had since losing most of my thyroid and having my triplets 16 years ago. Kind of a miracle, so I will soldier on!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 226/198/162 (or lower)

Also, I'm going to need to update my photo, because I don't look like that anymore!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 189/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Had a OP dinner out last night at Duffy's. Grilled steak and Broccoli. Also the seared tuna appetizer. Eating out is a challenge, so you have to make sure ahead of time the restaurant has what you need or is willing to make it for you. Today is Day 2! Meeting my mom at Pollo Tropical for lunch. I am getting the chicken Caesar salad, and bringing my own WF dressing.
Closed Thread