IP daily chat Thursday 6/12/2014

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Well, here I am on week 2 and WI is tomorrow. I have been OP this week except for a couple days of not reducing my weight training I checked the scale this morning and I am not down at all I really, really do not want to go to WI tomorrow. I know it will frustrate me and I have 3 parties to attend this weekend and I don't want to just give up. I lost 10.8 the first week and I was so excited this week because I saw that big drop. :'(
  • Quote: What do you get at Chipotle?
    Salad with extra lettuce, extra tomato salsa, tomatillo salsa, fajita veggies (eat around the onions) and barbacoa.
  • IP43- lol at the pudding!! love it!!!

:congrats: slipfree!!!! huge accomplishment!!!

My DH took me out to dinner tonight, only my second time since being on IP. We order combination fajitas and I had a side of veggies and my water with lemon. As I sat there watching him sip on his mango margarita and eating chips and salsa, I thought about how much better I feel eating the way I do now. I can honestly say I didn't miss it, desire it, or dream about a day when I can have it. Instead I thought about how when I am in maintenance I will still be making healthy choices and IF I desire alcohol I will choose a low cal drink. It was a new way of thinking. I liked it!!!
  • Quote: Well, here I am on week 2 and WI is tomorrow. I have been OP this week except for a couple days of not reducing my weight training I checked the scale this morning and I am not down at all I really, really do not want to go to WI tomorrow. I know it will frustrate me and I have 3 parties to attend this weekend and I don't want to just give up. I lost 10.8 the first week and I was so excited this week because I saw that big drop. :'(
    to the giving up! You know you're doing well and in 2 weeks have lost 10 pounds -- what other diet will have that result? The first week is always big and then it settles down. That's normal so you are right on track. You also know exercise is discouraged at first because it can make your weight look like it's stalling. Try some different things for next week like:
    - if you HAVE to do the exercise, have that extra pack so you are not having too few calories
    -- can you change up what you're doing or stop for a week just to see how it affects the scale? Maybe something lighter than strength training?

Stick with it longer and talk to your coach tomorrow about why the scale isn't moving -- he/she might have some great advice to give to help you out. Avoidance isn't the key. You also might want to get something new to try for the parties -- the mango drink or some munchies to put in your bag to take to your festivities.
  • Quote: IP43- lol at the pudding!! love it!!!

:congrats: slipfree!!!! huge accomplishment!!!

My DH took me out to dinner tonight, only my second time since being on IP. We order combination fajitas and I had a side of veggies and my water with lemon. As I sat there watching him sip on his mango margarita and eating chips and salsa, I thought about how much better I feel eating the way I do now. I can honestly say I didn't miss it, desire it, or dream about a day when I can have it. Instead I thought about how when I am in maintenance I will still be making healthy choices and IF I desire alcohol I will choose a low cal drink. It was a new way of thinking. I liked it!!!
    There are a great line of drinks now -- the "Skinny Girl" wines, low carb beers, low carb wines.... These will all be there for you later. Good for you for embracing a new way of thinking. That's what fosters success.
  • Between the ketosis and the coffee, I can hardly stand my OWN breath... poor DH! LOL

Question: Someone mentioned recently their coach said only green peppers daily and coloured bell peppers are weekly like tomatoes. I know we had this discussion in the past but I eat red peppers every day, sometimes like an apple. "Bell peppers" means I can have a rainbow of colours every day right? Or are coaches still advocating that they are sweeter than green = have them less often?
  • Quote: Between the ketosis and the coffee, I can hardly stand my OWN breath... poor DH! LOL

Question: Someone mentioned recently their coach said only green peppers daily and coloured bell peppers are weekly like tomatoes. I know we had this discussion in the past but I eat red peppers every day, sometimes like an apple. "Bell peppers" means I can have a rainbow of colours every day right? Or are coaches still advocating that they are sweeter than green = have them less often?
    All peppers are allowed! I eat everything BUT green and I eat at least one cup of peppers a day. And I hit 55.5 pounds lost today!

I had to weigh at 6:30 which I never do, so I didn't eat dinner. I was worried the loss would be bad as it was evening but it was still 2.5. I had to meet my doc afterward so had my snack and a cup of tea while I waited but didn't get to eat dinner until almost 9 which I know is nit good. I did quick leftover meat and a lot of celery! I just wanted to get things in that didn't need to be cooked.
  • I just looked at the sheet and it says bell peppers, plural. If you google that, the image is all colours. It also says hot peppers and those are different colours too.
  • Quote: Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my good news. I reached goal today. 77 pounds on IP since Oct. and 13 pounds on my own before starting- grand total of 90 pounds in one year.

All the people on this site have been helpful and supportive, many thanks to all of you. Maintenance begins on Sat. I am not going anywhere, I realize that the next step takes just as much planning, focus and support.
    Congratulations!
  • Quote: Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my good news. I reached goal today. 77 pounds on IP since Oct. and 13 pounds on my own before starting- grand total of 90 pounds in one year.

All the people on this site have been helpful and supportive, many thanks to all of you. Maintenance begins on Sat. I am not going anywhere, I realize that the next step takes just as much planning, focus and support.
    Wonderful! Congratulations!
  • Quote: Between the ketosis and the coffee, I can hardly stand my OWN breath... poor DH! LOL

My clinic is very restrictive, but even they allow colored peppers. The green only rule is an old way. I eat colored peppers every week.

I'm having a bit of WI fatigue. My schedule has gotten really busy lately and I just feel like it's another "task" for tomorrow. Has anyone in P1 gone to an every other week schedule? I'm still OP, but with ten more pounds to lose, I think my losses will be small from here on out.
  • Quote: My clinic is very restrictive, but even they allow colored peppers. The green only rule is an old way. I eat colored peppers every week.

I'm having a bit of WI fatigue. My schedule has gotten really busy lately and I just feel like it's another "task" for tomorrow. Has anyone in P1 gone to an every other week schedule? I'm still OP, but with ten more pounds to lose, I think my losses will be small from here on out.
    I'm just restarting with my coach and already have WI fatigue LOL -- it's a busy time of year and you're right - it's one more thing to do. I was thinking the same about going every other week. I have enough food to do that and I weigh in weekly at home.
  • I just had the greatest dinner...

Cooked up green pepper slices with some raw red onion, a dash of chili powder and cumin.
    I always keep homemade pico de gallo in my fridge for my salads, so I added a few spoonfuls.
    Only had 2 eggs this morning for protein, so I chopped up an hb egg and egg whites.
    Topped the whole thing with a cooked packet chili.

Cleaned my plate, that's for sure! Next time I'm going to replace the green peppers with zucchini...
  • Quote: My clinic is very restrictive, but even they allow colored peppers. The green only rule iin an old way. I eat colored peppers every week.

I am going every other week from now on. I have 15 to go (well, maybe more?) and felt that that i would prefer to see bigger losses/inches at weigh in. I am also doing alt products so not ordering full two weeks each time.