Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 07:17 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 6/11/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #2  

Default Farmers market

Happy Hump day!
A thought from Beck Diet Solution:

Sabotaging Thought: Life is too short so I’m just going to eat this even though I know I shouldn’t.

Response: Actually, life is too short to be spent overweight, unhappy, and unhealthy. If I want to feel great and really live my life the way I want to, then I need to do what I can to maintain a healthy weight

SophieLT & evemoma:
We all love Farmers Markets! I'll be at Schlafly BW today to pick up my CSA. My farmer lives on your side of the river, too! We should meet @ Soulard sometime. That's an approximate equal drive for all.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/136/120, Reboot 4/4/15

Height: 5' 4"

Question - when we try to aim for 40 net carbs per day, does that include fiber or do we subtract it? I find I am going over that number, but it is due to the starchy veggies like broccoli and cauliflower...
Old 06-11-2014, 07:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/136/120, Reboot 4/4/15

Height: 5' 4"

Question - when I am using testing for ketosis, usually the stick reads in the trace area. I am wondering if this is dilutional since I am drinking so much water, but I want to make certain I am not doing something wrong. I am staying 100% on plan but weight loss has stalled this week...
Old 06-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 View Post
Question - when we try to aim for 40 net carbs per day, does that include fiber or do we subtract it? I find I am going over that number, but it is due to the starchy veggies like broccoli and cauliflower...
Net carbs are total minus fiber

Any veggie on our approved list is a NON-starchy veggie. Starchy ones are corn, peas, potatoes, etc. - the stuff disallowed on IP.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:08 AM   #6  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 View Post
Well, unless something has changed since the first time I did IP, there is no set number of carbs we are to "aim for". That being said, all coaches seem to freelance the rules somewhat and yours may have given you a number. If we follow protocol, per the sheet, we are automatically within protocol guidelines without the added stressor of tracking carbs, fats, protein grams, etc. if this has changed, I hope someone else will chime in because I will also start keeping track.
As far as subtracting fiber, the answer is yes. Subtracting fiber from the carb count gives you "net carbs" which is a more accurate fuel measurement.
Hope this helped somewhat.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:09 AM   #7  
Restart IP 05/19/14

LOL! Typing at the same time as Lisa!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:14 AM   #8  
Restart IP 05/19/14

Just received Nashua email. Free shipping today only on all orders above $49.00. Code is "TODAY49".
Old 06-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Morning fellow IPers

Thank you for the birthday wishes. It is raining here and I am looking forward to going back to bed after dropping the kids off and watching Orange is the New Black. Any one else love that series?
I feel like eating crispy pancake for lunch and breakfast, is that wrong?
Old 06-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #10  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Not seeing my coach today so did my own "official" weigh in (and the first time I've weighed since last Thursday). And you know what? I'm OFFICIALLY down 20 lbs!!!!!!!!!! So I'm still on track for losing about 2 lbs (give or take) a week, which is I think probably realistic with 15 more pounds to lose. But I am over half-way now.

I will not be weighing myself again until next Weds (will weigh the morning of my coach weigh-in at home). Glad I got my act together with the scale.

Now to keep plugging away! Have a great day, my friends!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #11  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
Just received Nashua email. Free shipping today only on all orders above $49.00. Code is "TODAY49".
Thank you...I'm all over this!!!!!!

Before I order, does anyone know if the ProtiDiet white cheddar crisps are restricted? TIA!!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:44 AM   #12  

Default Morning!

Good morning all! The birds are singing outside this morning which is a pleasant sound after the loud thunderstorms we had yesterday afternoon and evening!

Jenny, I haven't seen Orange is the New Black but I have several friends that love it too! If I cave and sign up for Netflix, it will be one of the first shows I watch from the beginning.

Today is going to be sort of neat, I have taken the traditional ritual for the blessing of a home (usually used when someone moves into a new place) and adapted it to use for the "blessing of the practice" for my chiropractors. It sounds sort of cheesy but it is really a neat thing. I will also bless their hands, as they are used for healing. I have done this with two dentist friends of mine as well and both were quite meaningful occasions. So I am looking forward to that this evening!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Good morning all! The birds are singing outside this morning which is a pleasant sound after the loud thunderstorms we had yesterday afternoon and evening!

Jenny, I haven't seen Orange is the New Black but I have several friends that love it too! If I cave and sign up for Netflix, it will be one of the first shows I watch from the beginning.

Today is going to be sort of neat, I have taken the traditional ritual for the blessing of a home (usually used when someone moves into a new place) and adapted it to use for the "blessing of the practice" for my chiropractors. It sounds sort of cheesy but it is really a neat thing. I will also bless their hands, as they are used for healing. I have done this with two dentist friends of mine as well and both were quite meaningful occasions. So I am looking forward to that this evening!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Grace Rev - what a wonderful idea! I will have to ask you to do a remote blessing when our house is built, but since we are not breaking ground til next week, there is no rush.

By then, I am determined to be in single digit sizes. I decided yesterday as I started in wearing size 12 on the bottoms and 10 on the tops, that since I have never achieved that since I was in high school, I am going for it. My entire family is bottom heavy so I do not know what the odds are, but I want something big for which to push.

I am only 20 away from goal weight wise, so I want something new that will be a real challenge. The size 8 on the top should be a breeze, nothing left there, but the back end will be the real achievement!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:33 AM   #14  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post

By then, I am determined to be in single digit sizes. I decided yesterday as I started in wearing size 12 on the bottoms and 10 on the tops, that since I have never achieved that since I was in high school, I am going for it. My entire family is bottom heavy so I do not know what the odds are, but I want something big for which to push.

I am only 20 away from goal weight wise, so I want something new that will be a real challenge. The size 8 on the top should be a breeze, nothing left there, but the back end will be the real achievement!
LOLing! Yes, as a fellow pear, I agree that the junk in my trunk is not shrinking NEARLY as much as the rest of me! BUT, I am really happy to see that I have a waist again (after 2 pregnancies!). I have learned that I can't compare sizes to slimness as my body fits clothes so differently to others.

And I can hear those old "not good enough" thoughts start creeping in my brain again, even after losing these 20 lbs. BUT...I am going to fight them. I didn't lose weight to look like a model. I am losing weight to get my life back under control, to get get healthy, to improve my mood, and to be the best me I can be. And that best me may still have a little jiggle in her wiggle. SO what??????
Old 06-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Losing my waist was the one thing about pregnancies (6) that made me sad. I had always loved that I could play up my smaller waist.

Now that I have lost so much weight, it is still relatively speaking the smallest part but there is a whole lot of wrinkle that was not there before children!

That being said, I would not trade my boys for anything. They are the joy and light in my life and I am just beginning to reap the rewards of having raised them well.
Closed Thread