Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post
Kellyc14 Wow girl with all you had going on yesterday you deserve a big and you also need to pat yourself on the back for staying OP. How wonderful that you were able to fight the stress hormones and not give in.
You got this!!
Thank you! I was happy to be able to recognize that it was stress eating, I was amazed at how my hand bypassed my brain and was reaching into the chips!!
Old 06-11-2014, 12:25 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks Fairybell!!
Jemma- Congrats on your grandbaby! This will be my third!! My daughter-in-law was pregnant and due at the same time as my daughter, but she had a tubal pregnancy and had to have emergency surgery last week.
Yes it's important to always have a back up plan!!
Old 06-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #33  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Thanks Fairybell!!
Jemma- Congrats on your grandbaby! This will be my third!! My daughter-in-law was pregnant and due at the same time as my daughter, but she had a tubal pregnancy and had to have emergency surgery last week.
Yes it's important to always have a back up plan!!
That is so sad, I'm sorry. I worry about DIL a lot for sure.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #34  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Johnsdeer: Morning everyone! Question for everyone since the topic of rhubarb came up. If you are growing a garden this year, what are you growing in your garden? My husband is a farmer (field corn/dehydrated onions) and last year on one of the corners of one of the fields my MIL grew a HUGE garden however; I want something closer to home and minimal to manage. I bought two raised garden bed kits that I'm planning to put together. I don't want too many veggies but, I'm going to plant zuchini, english cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes. My mom has a bumper crop of lettuce so no need there. I also have a HUGE planter that came with our house that has a raspberry bush in, my daughter loves raspberries.

I started my garden before starting IP, so mine isn't the best example. I've got 9 tomato plants (I know! I love tomatoes. Some are cherry tomatoes, some heirlooms for straight eating, some sauce tomatoes), three bell pepper plants, two hot pepper plants, two blueberry bushes, a raspberry and a blackberry. And I still have two empty beds! I was planning some winter squash, as I will hopefully be phased off by winter. The last bed was supposed to be asparagus, but I never got around to it. Maybe next year, or I can save it for broccoli and cauliflower in the fall.

I also tried to plant strawberries, but they sent them to me too early (there was still snow on the ground) and they plants all died before I could get them in ground. Ordered potatoes too but never got around to planting them, which is ok since I can't eat them right now anyhow.
Nice! It's crazy how mother nature can put a damper on your garden.
You know what I'm looking foward to eatting again sometime, fresh corn on the cob...and potatoes. Bi-colored corn is delish and sheppody potatoes. Sheppody are used for french fries at fast food restraurants because of their nice fry color, unfortunately your average consumer can't get their hands on them because of their shelf life. Delish!! My husband use to grow them and gave my parents some of his seed potatoes so they now grow them every year.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Today is my official way in day...I think I shot myself in the foot last night though. I knew I was sensitive to eatting ham...it seems I forgot how much. Monday I weighted 2.5 lbs less then today. This happened to me when I ate pickles two weeks ago. Good news is that I will see a difference in a day or two after even more water today and it gets out of my system. I'm making a mental note on the ham though - definately no bueno. And here I thought I had even purchased one with less sodium. Aack..oh well. At least I know why the scale hasn't gone down today.

I'm running out of clothes to wear, plain and simple. Yesterday after work I went to a clothing store and was headed toward the plus size section and honestly had to tell myself that they didn't have clothes that fit me anymore. I saw a cute top in the juniors section...and I allowed myself to walk across the threshold of the section..and In! I felt like I was breaking every rule in the book. I picked out two sizes of the top to try on and ended up buying one of them. By the by...the top looked appropriate on..it was like it was a hello kitty half shirt or anything. LOL
I want to buy a swimsuit so I can take my daughter to swim lessons (18 months old) and I also have to buy a dress. I was looking online but, I have no clue what size I am for a swimsuit or a dress......feels kind of weird. This really takes a while o get use to I think.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #35  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Definitely split your protein Lala! I am a small boned person and can't eat that much protein at one sitting. My coach said to split it or even reduce it to 6 oz if need be. Remember though that this is 'before cooking' weight - so don't weigh it after and use that as your measure. Often I didn't even eat my protein snack after dinner as I was not hungry then with so much food. I used the extra pack at my hungry time 3-4pm-ish. I also almost never ate any extra lettuce/salad as it was too much food for me to add and lettuce is optional anyhow. Hang in there, you will feel better soon...

Liana
Thank you ladies! I am so glad I found this forum. I am such a rule follower that i was trying to follow to a T what the program said. I will try to split it up of even cut down to 6oz.

OH SNAP, I have been weight my meat AFTER it is cooked!! i did not know to weight it first.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:02 PM   #36  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Hope everyone is having a stellar day!
I'm taking a short break from work (aka rebooting takes so long it feels like forever) so here's my daily howdy, and just saying out loud I'm doing this. We went to seafood buffet last night. Crab, shrimp, (no butter) and salad were perfect, along with a big water. Hubby having what I used to eat didn't bother me at all.

Last edited by Halfagain; 06-11-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:07 PM   #37  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

I wish the ticker would leave a little trail behind the moving marker.... Little seed pods or fat bubbles or something
Old 06-11-2014, 03:30 PM   #38  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
I'm running out of clothes to wear, plain and simple. Yesterday after work I went to a clothing store and was headed toward the plus size section and honestly had to tell myself that they didn't have clothes that fit me anymore. I saw a cute top in the juniors section...and I allowed myself to walk across the threshold of the section..and In! I felt like I was breaking every rule in the book. I picked out two sizes of the top to try on and ended up buying one of them. By the by...the top looked appropriate on..it was like it was a hello kitty half shirt or anything. LOL
I want to buy a swimsuit so I can take my daughter to swim lessons (18 months old) and I also have to buy a dress. I was looking online but, I have no clue what size I am for a swimsuit or a dress......feels kind of weird. This really takes a while o get use to I think.
I bought a suit from Lands End online and I think it went by measurements. That may help a little....
Old 06-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 195/156.2/135

Height: 5'4

I found out my clinic is switching from IP to pro-energy products. Has anyone tried this stuff? Wondering how it compares to IP or if the protocol is the same.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #40  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Just got home from weigh-in. It's a two-week weigh in, because I was out of town last week. 6.2 more pounds gone forever! I'll take it!
Old 06-11-2014, 03:53 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 189/166/140

Default Is 40 net carbs the goal?

I am going to start using ketosis sticks. What have y'all found to be the number of carbs that gets you to ketosis? I remember doing Atkins and it certainly was much less than 40.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 189/166/140

Congrats Annie on 6.2 weight loss! That is awesome!!
Old 06-11-2014, 03:55 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

I'm an Orange Is The New Black fan. As soon as the kids are out on it goes. Lol.

I picked up some quest bars today because I am out of bars. The cinnamon roll one is to die for! I followed someone's advice and heated it up and it is a real treat!

Last edited by Sheena1966; 06-11-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #44  
Start date 05.21.2014

S/C/G: 180/166/120

WI today...gained .2lbs. I am 100% OP, this is very discouraging. Rigid, near starvation, diets don't work for many people and I'm thinking I fit into this category. I'm giving it one more week and if the results aren't much improved then I'll follow my Dr's advice and stop. I was so hopeful and now just feel like a failure.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #45  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
I bought a suit from Lands End online and I think it went by measurements. That may help a little....
Thanks Sofie, I really appreciate it. I'll check it out.
Closed Thread